Everyone is dancing around the truth in the Sandra Bland arrest. What happened is obvious.

My position has been:

On 1 - The woman was a complete bitch to the cop
She answered his inquiry politely and factually before he got his panties in a wad. If you call that being a complete bitch I hope you don't deal with the public.

So he arrested her because he had his panties in a wad. It's not rocket science, it's perfectly obvious from the tape. He knew it too, that's why he lied and omitted events in his report to his supervisor.

You have an articulate and good looking black woman who probably came from up north some where and you have a very red neck white officer with that hickey kind of country accent. He's probably spent his entire life within 10 miles of where that incident took place. I bet he has a half dozen confederate T shirts.

For some reason, and you can see it here on the USMB, conservatives and right wingers believe you should just give up every right you have and instantly jump at what a police officer says, no matter the circumstances, or you get what you deserve. Especially if you are black, Hispanic, gay or some other minority. It's an example of the ultimate police state.

So he stops her for not using her turn signal. Of course she should use her turn signal, that's what it's there for. He should have just given her a ticket or a warning. And if it was some other white with that hickey accent, you know he would have only given a verbal warning if he had bothered to stop them.

And I'll tell you something else. I have relatives in the deep south that I spent some vacations and a couple of summers with growing up. I speak perfect "Yawl (or as some USMB members insist, "ya'll"), and I have been stopped because my license is from out of state and I just start talking Yawl and they suddenly talk very nice and have never given me a ticket.

Clearly that officer provoked her and escalated the situation with "put out your cigarette" and "step out of the car" and arresting her. It wasn't that he wanted her respect. He wanted her to cower and shuffle and she wasn't having it. So in his tiny and racist little mind, he was teaching her a lesson and it was within his right to teach her that lesson no matter what the actual law said because of who he was, the uniform he was wearing and who she was. In that part of the country, it's the "natural order" of things.

When he requested her to put her smoke down and she refused he told her to get out of her auto, and when she refused to do that she was in fact in trouble.

No matter how you want to spin it if anyone and that includes white people like me tell a officer that they refuse to exit their auto you can be arrested if you resist the removal like she did.

Now before you tell me off about how I am excusing the actions of the officer I am not. He was wrong when he opened the door and attempted to remove her from her auto and should have called for help, and had a female officer if possible to assist in getting her out of the auto.

In the end when a officer pulls you over cough up a attitude to them and when they tell you to get out of the auto tell them no, and when you are in front of a Judge tell the Judge your opinion and see how well it will go for you because in the end the Law will win over you...

My only response on this and there is no changing my mind on the part she should have just gotten out of her auto and played along with the officer and then filed charges against him after the incident was over...

She answered his inquiry politely and factually. That he got his panties in a wad when she refused to allow him to violate her rights is bullying and unprofessional.

That you ignore his supervisor's assessment of his behaviour and his own attempt to disguise it is what I'd expect.

Strawman. I referred to their interaction, I've specifically said I am not addressing police procedures. I also said I think he should have called for backup to arrest her rather than trying to pull her out of her car.

I'd say nice attempt at diversion, but it actually wasn't a very good one, you're working too hard at it and making up too much shit. That isn't how you accomplish effective diversion

Before arresting her for what? Common sense says you don't arrest someone for traffic violations even if technically that's allowed.

Obviously it wasn't the traffic violation that he would arrest her for. I'm not interested in playing cat and mouse verbal games with someone who wants to play dumb. Be serious if you expect a serious response

I'm not playing dumb. She was charged with assault which occurred after he made her get out of the car and threatened to take her for refusing to put out a cigarette and after he said he was arresting her. So what was he arresting her for? Other than the traffic violation there was no grounds for it and frankly it's absurd to arrest someone for traffic violation.

You have an articulate and good looking black woman who probably came from up north some where and you have a very red neck white officer with that hickey kind of country accent. He's probably spent his entire life within 10 miles of where that incident took place. I bet he has a half dozen confederate T shirts.

For some reason, and you can see it here on the USMB, conservatives and right wingers believe you should just give up every right you have and instantly jump at what a police officer says, no matter the circumstances, or you get what you deserve. Especially if you are black, Hispanic, gay or some other minority. It's an example of the ultimate police state.

So he stops her for not using her turn signal. Of course she should use her turn signal, that's what it's there for. He should have just given her a ticket or a warning. And if it was some other white with that hickey accent, you know he would have only given a verbal warning if he had bothered to stop them.

And I'll tell you something else. I have relatives in the deep south that I spent some vacations and a couple of summers with growing up. I speak perfect "Yawl (or as some USMB members insist, "ya'll"), and I have been stopped because my license is from out of state and I just start talking Yawl and they suddenly talk very nice and have never given me a ticket.

Clearly that officer provoked her and escalated the situation with "put out your cigarette" and "step out of the car" and arresting her. It wasn't that he wanted her respect. He wanted her to cower and shuffle and she wasn't having it. So in his tiny and racist little mind, he was teaching her a lesson and it was within his right to teach her that lesson no matter what the actual law said because of who he was, the uniform he was wearing and who she was. In that part of the country, it's the "natural order" of things.

When he requested her to put her smoke down and she refused he told her to get out of her auto, and when she refused to do that she was in fact in trouble.

No matter how you want to spin it if anyone and that includes white people like me tell a officer that they refuse to exit their auto you can be arrested if you resist the removal like she did.

Now before you tell me off about how I am excusing the actions of the officer I am not. He was wrong when he opened the door and attempted to remove her from her auto and should have called for help, and had a female officer if possible to assist in getting her out of the auto.

In the end when a officer pulls you over cough up a attitude to them and when they tell you to get out of the auto tell them no, and when you are in front of a Judge tell the Judge your opinion and see how well it will go for you because in the end the Law will win over you...

My only response on this and there is no changing my mind on the part she should have just gotten out of her auto and played along with the officer and then filed charges against him after the incident was over...

His ordering her to get out of the car was neither professional nor lawful. He had no reason to order her out of the car. If he was maf he should have given her a ticket instead of a warning and moved on. She shouldn't have been arrested.

Brian Encinia

http://heavy.com/news

Trooper Brian Encinia, has been put on administrative leave after a preliminary investigation found he violated the Texas Department of Public Safety’s traffic stop and courtesy procedures during the stop, which was for an improper lane change.

“Regardless of the situation, the DPS state trooper has an obligation to exhibit professionalism and be courteous,” DPS Director Steve McCraw told the Washington Post. “That did not happen in this situation.”

After watching the dashcam video, Texas State Senator Royce West said at a press conference that it’s clear she never should have been arrested.

Texas State Senator Royce West said at a press conference that it’s clear she never should have been arrested.

CKcxWKEUAAAGlxO.png

It's clear.

Haha...yeah...someone is articulate and moron lefties jump to "must be from up north somewhere".

Yeah...because the people of Baltimore and Detroit and Philly and Jersey are SOOOO clean and articulate haha!!

My position has been:

On 1 - The woman was a complete bitch to the cop
She answered his inquiry politely and factually before he got his panties in a wad. If you call that being a complete bitch I hope you don't deal with the public.

Sorry, all I hear is gurgling kool aid. If she slapped him in the face, you'd swear she was swatting a fly. Your intellect is not in play, you chose your position before weighing the evidence. Everything from there is pointless

She answered his inquiry politely and factually. That he got his panties in a wad when she refused to allow him to violate her rights is bullying and unprofessional.

That you ignore his supervisor's assessment of his behaviour and his own attempt to disguise it is what I'd expect.

Strawman. I referred to their interaction, I've specifically said I am not addressing police procedures. I also said I think he should have called for backup to arrest her rather than trying to pull her out of her car.

I'd say nice attempt at diversion, but it actually wasn't a very good one, you're working too hard at it and making up too much shit. That isn't how you accomplish effective diversion

Before arresting her for what? Common sense says you don't arrest someone for traffic violations even if technically that's allowed.

Obviously it wasn't the traffic violation that he would arrest her for. I'm not interested in playing cat and mouse verbal games with someone who wants to play dumb. Be serious if you expect a serious response

I'm not playing dumb. She was charged with assault which occurred after he made her get out of the car and threatened to take her for refusing to put out a cigarette and after he said he was arresting her. So what was he arresting her for? Other than the traffic violation there was no grounds for it and frankly it's absurd to arrest someone for traffic violation.

Yes, you are playing dumb. Obviously the arrest was for her behavior, not the "traffic violation." If you disagree with arresting someone for refusing to put out their cigarette and get out of the car, say that. Don't say duh, dar, she was being arrested for speeding. Cut the stupid shit if you want to get serious responses to your posts.

Also, if you think it was because she was "black," then haul your white ass down here to the South and be a dick to a cop like that. I dare you. I double dare you

The cop should have ignored the cigarette, put up with her annoyance, which wasn't bad at that point, written the ticket and let her go. She probably changed lanes quickly because she saw the cop car behind her.

She had just moved to the area for a new job, and ended up sitting in prison without bail on a felony assault charge that could keep her there for years. Because a cop had to pick a fight over a cigarette after an unsignaled lane change that all of us have done countless times.

The cop didn't kill her, but the lack of sympathy from some people is troubling.

The cop should have ignored the cigarette, put up with her annoyance, which wasn't bad at that point, written the ticket and let her go. She probably changed lanes quickly because she saw the cop car behind her.

She had just moved to the area for a new job, and ended up sitting in prison without bail on a felony assault charge that could keep her there for years. Because a cop had to pick a fight over a cigarette after an unsignaled lane change that all of us have done countless times.

The cop didn't kill her, but the lack of sympathy from some people is troubling.

She went to school there so she should have been aware of the cops in the area.
You dont break traffic laws in PV or you're going to be ticketed and everyone that lives there knows that.
She was told to put out the cigarette because they can be used as a weapon.
She acted the fool and got a trip to the pokey for her troubles. What she did once she got there was her doing.

The cigarette could be rationalized as a weapon, but any reasonable person under the circumstances would have known that wasn't going to happen. She was seated in the car out of reach of him and no physical match for him.

He didn't like her attitude, which really wasn't that bad at that point. I don't think it was objective policing.

She was high on pot and should never have been on the road. She was arrested before she killed someone.

All in all, the world is a tiny bit better now that she's gone.

First of all, why would any black person on the planet want to work and live in Texas only God knows. This is a state that murdererd a president, drug a black man behind a car and who houses the biggest idiots in politics, Bush and Perry....but with than being said, even if she did kill herself, she did so after being bullied and humiliated by some bully cop that don't like blacks talking back to them.......these bastards act like they own us. For once I would love to see some sorry as cop murder blacks over something more serious than nonpayment of child support, failure to signal, walking in the streets and not on the side walks or selling e cigs on a cornor....damnit

LOL..You might want to ask the crazy lady why she went to school at an all black college in Texas.
As i've said at least three times now..you dont break traffic laws in that area because they hand out traffic tickets like you've never seen.
And it makes no damn difference what color you may be.
She was about to get a warning and then went all stupid and ended up in jail.
You cant blame cops for her stupidity.

Lets get this clear, we are not slaves, he is not some plantation owner who have ******* talking to him like they own us...this man is a public servant and whether or not she wanted to put out a damned cigerette or not is not the issue, the fact that this black person dared have a fuckin attitude with this white bastard is the issue.

Anybody watching the original dash cam video of the traffic stop can spot the exact moment the woman became a character out of Dave Chappelle's "Keeping It Real" sketch.
I wonder if you could speak to her now if she would think her "Keeping It Real" attitude was worth winding up dead in a Texas jail cell.

[...]

For some reason, and you can see it here on the USMB, conservatives and right wingers believe you should just give up every right you have and instantly jump at what a police officer says, no matter the circumstances, or you get what you deserve.
[...]
You're talking about the authoritarian submissive mentality that seems to prevail in this Nation and exerts a powerful influence on its politics. It is the reason why the War on Drugs, a phenomenal failure, a dismal, counterproductive debacle continues to be funded year after year. It is the reason why prisons are a growth industry and we imprison more of our citizens than the most oppressive police state nations in the world. And it's why our primary entertainment media is dominated by police-oriented drama (check out the TV Guide).

A substantial percentage of Americans simply worship cops. If a Freudian behaviorist is asked about this phenomenon the discussion inevitably will include mention of Bondage & Dominanation sex play which commonly involves such accoutrement as police costumes, leather masks, whips, ball-gags and the like, with the players engaging in dominance/submission psycho-drama.
Sexy Cop Costumes Adult Halloween Cop

Watch a few episodes of the TV "ride-along" documentary series, COPS, in which the behavior of some of these guys leaves little doubt they would happily do that job for zero compensation.

Rdean, she failed to follow the rules and she got what she deserved. Follow the rules and this sort of stuff doesn't happen

I'm 4 years old and have never gotten a movie g violation or been arrested. Why the cast majority of Americans can't say the same thing suggests to me that the biggest problem in thus country is likely it's citizens.
She didn't use a turn signal so she deserved to die. Never heard that "rule" applied to a white person, have you?

Logical foolishness.

It's so funny how you can get to such silly conclusions.

Forum List

Back