Evidence of a cooling upper atmosphere...

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
Well, I was wondering how long this would take. As the upper atmosphere cools and the temperature pressure gradients change over the globe, Storms that were once seen only in the 40-60 degree latitudes are now being seen above the equator.. Your local global warming nut cases will not be able to understand this, but hail storms of this magnitude were seen only in the mid latitudes.

The upper atmosphere is cooling rapidly, and this will be seen shortly on the surface. There is nothing the AGW crowd can do to stop it.

Billy,
two years ago you PROMISED me unusually cold temps AS FAR SOUTH AS FLORIDA due to decreased solar activity........

WHERE'S MY SNOW ?!?!?!?!?!
As with all weather, its subject to change.... I can only tell you what we see.. Now that cooling of the upper atmosphere is evident above the equator, it is only a matter of time before the mid latitudes see the temp drop and weather changes at the surface..

You are aware that weather prediction is the only job you can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep a job, aren't you? I can only guess at what the outcome will be of what we see. The odds of snow in your region just went up substantially with the noted cooling of the upper atmosphere...

As with all weather, its subject to change.... I can only tell you what we see.. Now that cooling of the upper atmosphere is evident above the equator, it is only a matter of time before the mid latitudes see the temp drop and weather changes..

You are aware that weather prediction is the only job you can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep a job, aren't you? I can only guess at what the outcome will be of what we see. The odds of snow in your region just went up substantially with the noted cooling of the upper atmosphere...
I'm still waiting for the New Ice Age promised in the 70's. Is someone trying to fook with me or sumptin?

I'm still waiting for the New Ice Age promised in the 70's. Is someone trying to fook with me or sumptin?
We are overdue for the cyclical ice age.. But who knows... Most Ice ages are triggered events. They usually need a catalyst like a major volcanic eruption to send us reeling...
Global Temp Trends.JPG

We are overdue for the cyclical ice age.. But who knows... Most Ice ages are triggered events. They usually need a catalyst like a major volcanic eruption to send us reeling... View attachment 657314
The last eccentricity cycle was nearly circular. So, it will be quite awhile before the next glacial cycle is triggered by orbital forcing.

The last eccentricity cycle was nearly circular. So, it will be quite awhile before the next glacial cycle is triggered by orbital forcing.
I wouldn't be so sure.. if you look at spacing and duration of interglacials, were overdue for a major cool down..

CO2 and Ice Ages.JPG

Every 4th eccentricity cycle - which is what appears to trigger glacial cycles - is nearly circular. That’s the one we just went though.
WE have a pulse or minus 10 thousand years in that cycle.

Major cooling is always a precursor to major eruptions which seem to accompany these cool downs. The suns output shift about 9 years ago is still prevalent today and earth's oceans continue to cool.. IMHO we are nowhere near being out of the woods. We have no idea how long these shifts can last on our sun.

I hate being the passenger on a car that someone else is driving... But here we are..

Actually, the world has been sliding towards glaciation for the last 3.500 years we are currently in the fall part of the cycle which means glaciation phase start is near.

Actually, the world has been sliding towards glaciation for the last 3.500 years we are currently in the fall part of the cycle which means glaciation phase start is near.
That is my assessment as well. The suns shift in output has really shown us that TSI is a relatively meaningless number when a simple shift of 2% of the power within certain bands can cause glaciation or warm up.. Up Until about 9 years ago, this was not understood... But its very relevant today, what that shift is capable of when it affects 72% of the earths surface and surface water temperature..

That is my assessment as well. The suns shift in output has really shown us that TSI is a relatively meaningless number when a simple shift of 2% of the power within certain bands can cause glaciation or warm up.. Up Until about 9 years ago, this was not understood... But its very relevant today, what that shift is capable of when it affects 72% of the earths surface and surface water temperature..

Yeah they ignore the shifting bandwidth changes which is why TSI which often changes very little doesn't tell us much of anything.

Insolation at the 65 degree North went negative about 3,500 years ago which is the main reason why the world is cooling down and why some Glaciers have reappeared since then.

Well, I was wondering how long this would take. As the upper atmosphere cools and the temperature pressure gradients change over the globe, Storms that were once seen only in the 40-60 degree latitudes are now being seen above the equator.. Your local global warming nut cases will not be able to understand this, but hail storms of this magnitude were seen only in the mid latitudes.

The upper atmosphere is cooling rapidly, and this will be seen shortly on the surface. There is nothing the AGW crowd can do to stop it.

Here's NASA's take on it. Needless to say they aren't as smart as you and they come to a somewhat different conclusion from you. I'm sure in the future they will contact you.

"scientists have found that parts of the upper atmosphere are gradually contracting in response to rising human-made greenhouse gas emissions."

WE have a pulse or minus 10 thousand years in that cycle.

Major cooling is always a precursor to major eruptions which seem to accompany these cool downs. The suns output shift about 9 years ago is still prevalent today and earth's oceans continue to cool.. IMHO we are nowhere near being out of the woods. We have no idea how long these shifts can last on our sun.

I hate being the passenger on a car that someone else is driving... But here we are..
The last cycle was nearly circular.

That is my assessment as well.

We are currently in an "interglacial" in the Cenozoic ice age. And, if we were following the same cycle as the previous several glaciation events, we would be COOLING. But, we are NOT COOLING.

Likely mostly due to human activities.

The only reason folks like YOU know anything about the ice age is from the same people and same science that tells us that humans are largely responsible for altering our climate.

Now, maybe some day the next glaciation will occur, but in the meantime humanity has available to it the capability to decimate our economies and threaten our societies'.

Your cartoon view of earth science is lacking necessary details.

Forum List

Back