Ex-Supreme Court Justice Wants to Ban Semi-Automatic Weapons-What Is a Semi-Automatic Weapon?

For a long time I have thought those on the right that claimed the left was coming for our guns were exaggerating, now I apologize because this is exactly what the left would like to do.
Yet when in power they haven't.....

Only because we have a constitution that prohibits them and judges that protect it.
If the Democrats wanted to ban all guns they'd get voted out massively.

The states do put certain restrictions on gun ownership, as well as "destructive devices". Huge caliber stuff gets categorized as DDs, although a lot of that stuff needs a stand to be fired.

For a long time I have thought those on the right that claimed the left was coming for our guns were exaggerating, now I apologize because this is exactly what the left would like to do.

Only because we have a constitution that prohibits them and judges that protect it.

The states do put certain restrictions on gun ownership, as well as "destructive devices". Huge caliber stuff gets categorized as DDs, although a lot of that stuff needs a stand to be fired.

They are not worried about getting voted out, they are worried that one of their anti-gun issues makes it to the Supreme Court where a ruling against them will stand for many generations to come.

So what they are trying to do is push little by little. Push a bit, and if no real opposition, push a little more, then a little more, until somebody gets pissed off enough to challenge them. Then they will back off, wait a couple of years, and start all over again.

They tried that BS here in Cleveland. The Mayor wanted to try to wipe out gun manufacturers single handedly. He wanted to pass a law that held all gun manufacturers liable for the gun murders in our city. However we have several pro-gun organizations that challenged him like Ohioans for Concealed Carry and the Buckeye Firearms Institute and he backed down real quick.

They are not worried about getting voted out, they are worried that one of their anti-gun issues makes it to the Supreme Court where a ruling against them will stand for many generations to come.

So what they are trying to do is push little by little. Push a bit, and if no real opposition, push a little more, then a little more, until somebody gets pissed off enough to challenge them. Then they will back off, wait a couple of years, and start all over again.

They tried that BS here in Cleveland. The Mayor wanted to try to wipe out gun manufacturers single handedly. He wanted to pass a law that held all gun manufacturers liable for the gun murders in our city. However we have several pro-gun organizations that challenged him like Ohioans for Concealed Carry and the Buckeye Firearms Institute and he backed down real quick.
We clearly need more restrictions.

We should limit magazine capacity. Ends all this definition silliness.

The Florida school shooter didn't use any high capacity magazines. Aren't you happy with the results?????
Prove it. The gun he used comes with 30 round magazines.

Report: Parkland Shooter Did Not Use High Capacity Magazines | National Review

Sounds like that’s what slowed him down. Many more would have died had he had 30 rd mags.

'Gun control is NOT about guns Gun control is about power. It’s about removing the power of security over your life, and the lives of your family members, and handing it over to the statist class.'
How so? Since your puny handgun would be no match for a military takeover..

The Florida school shooter didn't use any high capacity magazines. Aren't you happy with the results?????

Sounds like that’s what slowed him down. Many more would have died had he had 30 rd mags.

Oh, so you are just going to make this up as you go along; making a claim without any proof of such claim?

How about the truth: Magazine size is not going to stop one killer. Magazines can be switched in less than two seconds and has no impact on the amount of people killed. And my question once again: if we had a law that stopped Cruz from getting a larger magazine and he used the ones he did, would you be happy with the outcome today?

Oh, so you are just going to make this up as you go along; making a claim without any proof of such claim?

How about the truth: Magazine size is not going to stop one killer. Magazines can be switched in less than two seconds and has no impact on the amount of people killed. And my question once again: if we had a law that stopped Cruz from getting a larger magazine and he used the ones he did, would you be happy with the outcome today?

A source not authorized to speak on the record confirmed to the Herald that Cruz struggled with his gun during the onslaught, either due to the weapon jamming or because he fumbled trying to reload it.

“I believe that there will be evidence that at a key moment in this incident, three or four people — three or four people might be alive today because of something that this deranged killer did, had to do,” Rubio said at a nationally televised town hall with CNN last week.

Had Cruz used high-capacity magazines, he would not have had to reload as frequently. That’s the reason Rubio is reconsidering his position on the the sale of high-capacity magazines, according to DeFede.

Read more here: Florida school shooter’s AR-15 may have jammed, saving lives, report says

From gun nut site:
There is a school of thought that believes the proper loading of a magazine is an art of sorts. You need to be sure you are using enough force to properly seat the magazine without being so rough that you dislodge ammunition. You can misalign the ammunition inside the magazine or, if it’s backed by a strong magazine spring, you could even knock loose a round to try to jump into the chamber prematurely. Either of which will inevitably cause AR-15 jamming.
How to Fix Common AR-15 Malfunctions and Stoppages
Yeah sounds like we want mass killers reloading often.

Last edited:

The internet is full of people discussing issues that happen at reload with AR15's. You need to be more honest.

Good job, Ohio. Keep up the fight.
:beer:

The boys at The Buckeye Firearms Association provide a lot of good information on their web page.

Yes, you posted that many times before. It proves nothing...but you've posted it before.

The internet is full of people discussing issues that happen at reload with AR15's. You need to be more honest.

Oh, and I'm sure you participated in such discussions.

Luaghing animated .gif

From gun nut site:
There is a school of thought that believes the proper loading of a magazine is an art of sorts. You need to be sure you are using enough force to properly seat the magazine without being so rough that you dislodge ammunition. You can misalign the ammunition inside the magazine or, if it’s backed by a strong magazine spring, you could even knock loose a round to try to jump into the chamber prematurely. Either of which will inevitably cause AR-15 jamming.

Yeah sounds like we want mass killers reloading often.

WTF are you even talking about?

For one, there is no art to loading a magazine. You drop one and put the next one in. You can't go too far or push too hard because it clicks into proper position. You can't misalign rounds in a magazine. Unless you are stupid enough to put them in backwards, they only go in one way.

The spring in the magazine is designed for the weapon you are using. As far as jamming or misfiring, that can happen, but my experience is that it usually takes place when you use cheap reloaded ammo.

A source not authorized to speak on the record confirmed to the Herald that Cruz struggled with his gun during the onslaught, either due to the weapon jamming or because he fumbled trying to reload it.

“I believe that there will be evidence that at a key moment in this incident, three or four people — three or four people might be alive today because of something that this deranged killer did, had to do,” Rubio said at a nationally televised town hall with CNN last week.

Had Cruz used high-capacity magazines, he would not have had to reload as frequently. That’s the reason Rubio is reconsidering his position on the the sale of high-capacity magazines, according to DeFede.

Read more here: Florida school shooter’s AR-15 may have jammed, saving lives, report says

So an "anonymous" source and one politician favors your opinion? Gee.......you certainly got me convinced. :21:

Yes, you posted that many times before. It proves nothing...but you've posted it before.

It proves you are very dishonest in your arguments.

Forum List

Back