Expanded background checks fails in Senate

All the seller has to do is claim he did not know the history of the buyer, and he can sell to whomever he wants to.

That is not valid exception to the law and he cant sell to whomever he wants. He cant sell to prohibited persons. Increase the onus and focus on the seller.

And thus, you cannot prove a person is a straw purchaser when he is buying the weapons. Catch 22.

Making said law unenforceable.

Incorrect... as many sales have been stopped because the seller became aware that it was a straw purchase scenario from the circumstances surrounding the sale.

But that is quite irrelevant. The fact is you are dealing with a person who is currently and knowingly breaking the law to do a straw purchase in the first place. Is it your position that a person who breaks the law to do a straw purchase will be dissuaded by a law which requires him to perform a background check on the person he intends to illegally transfer it to?

Does the addition of the new law make it "super double cross illegal" or sumpin?

So all that was accomplished today is that the gun nuts got to preserve the ability of felons and crazy people to legally dodge background checks.

Both of who are already illegal persons to own, buy, possess, sell to or reside in the same domicile as one by Federal law.

It's already illegal for people under 21 to buy alcohol. Would it make sense to have loopholes in that law that kids can use to get around it?

So all that was accomplished today is that the gun nuts got to preserve the ability of felons and crazy people to legally dodge background checks.

No dumb ass, felons are already prohibited from buying a gun so tell be again how this will allow them to legally dodge a background check.

Well then you don't know shit. They are not. My friend who is a police officer went with me and my friend to a gunshow here in pa, so there are 3 of us. Now our friend just got out of prison for shooting someone. At the gun show he was able to buy 3 hand guns and a ar15. Simple gun control which is supported by 80 percent of the population, the republicans fucked them selves in 2014 and 2016

Both of who are already illegal persons to own, buy, possess, sell to or reside in the same domicile as one by Federal law.

It's already illegal for people under 21 to buy alcohol. Would it make sense to have loopholes in that law that kids can use to get around it?

What loophole to kids use to get alchol that is not illegal already and thus not a hole de loop ?

Here in FL, when I purchase a firearm, the seller runs a NCIC check for felonies and domestic violence charges.
What other personal information would you like?

No they run NICS check, you might want to get your acronyms straight.

S, C......wife doesn't like a lot of light. I do alot of my typing in pretty dim light and I'm too lazy for editing.
Ya'll can put up with TM's spelling, I think you'll manage a letter here and there or a semicolon instead of an apostrophe
:eusa_hand:

Nice avoidance of the point, though
:clap2:

What point?

well it is good to know

that there is no under age consumption of alcohol happening

What loophole to kids use to get alchol that is not illegal already and thus not a hole de loop ?

He's making the point that IF there were a loophole that allowed kids to get alcohol without breaking the law (like buying it from a 3rd party for instance), then what good would the law be?

He's making the point that IF there were a loophole that allowed kids to get alcohol without breaking the law (like buying it from a 3rd party for instance), then what good would the law be?

they would still be breaking the law

it is illegal for underage persons to buy or have alcohol

just as it is illegal for felons to buy or have firearms

Kids already get around the law.
For every 100,000 Americans under the age of 21, 1.4 people were killed in drunk driving fatalities in 2011. The rate of under 21 drunk driving fatalities per 100,000 population has declined 45% over the past decade. (Source: NHTSA/FARS and US Census Bureau, 2013)

Despite declines in the number of young people involved in drunk driving fatalities, on average, more than 3 people under the age of 21 die each day in alcohol-impaired driving crashes. (Source: NHTSA/FARS, 2013)

Underage Drunk Driving Fatalities | Century Council
I think you chose the wrong example wouldn't you agree?

There is no loophole that lawfully allows prohibited persons: felons, drug users or adjudicated mental to buy a gun.

For every 100,000 Americans under the age of 21, 1.4 people were killed in drunk driving fatalities in 2011. The rate of under 21 drunk driving fatalities per 100,000 population has declined 45% over the past decade. (Source: NHTSA/FARS and US Census Bureau, 2013)

Despite declines in the number of young people involved in drunk driving fatalities, on average, more than 3 people under the age of 21 die each day in alcohol-impaired driving crashes. (Source: NHTSA/FARS, 2013)

So if we prohibited stores from asking for proof when people buy alcohol, you think those numbers would get better?

That's the most retarded thing I've heard on this board this year.

So if we prohibited stores from asking for proof when people buy alcohol, you think those numbers would get better?

That's the most retarded thing I've heard on this board this year.

stores(ffls) have to ask for proof they do a background check already

There is no loophole that lawfully allows prohibited persons: felons, drug users or adjudicated mental to buy a gun.

The loopholes impair enforcement of the law. If you support the existence of loopholes, then you MUST want the felons and crazy people to get guns,

there can be no other explanation.

Given that, WHY DO YOU WANT THEM TO GET THE GUNS?

So I am clear on this; 90% of Americans wanted Gun Control but the Senate did not vote for it = Bad. Californians voted against Gay Marriage, but it was stuck down and that = Good.

Something about the majority didn't want interracial marriage blah blah blah, majority is wrong, except when their right...right?

Sheesh.

Of course there is. That's the whole point of expanding background checks to encompass all sales instead of just the sales made by federally licensed gun dealers.

Forum List

Back