expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Three fanbases demonstrated their support at home games for teams that are considering relocation. Here are the numbers:
SAN DIEGO - 58,556 (83% capacity)
OAKLAND - 50,500 (90% capacity)
ST. LOUIS - 37,460 (57% capacity)

One angle that is not being discussed much about SD is that the city needs a stadium for the SDSU Aztecs and college bowl games. If the city can get help from the NFL and the Chargers the city wins. I just wish the Carson problem would get exposed for what it is. Chargers seem to be playing hardball more than the Raiders. But Charger fans through ticket sales are making their voice heard.

Last edited:
Gotta admit Bernie can get some big names on his show. Today's guest was SI's Peter King. Doesn't give good outlook for StL though....:

- states owners, following meeting in August, do not see long-term benefits of putting two failed stadium problems into one stadium in Carson as a save-all

- owners are liking Kroenke's approach of a campus not only for the Rams but more so for the league's home for its digital interests (internet and Network)

- bottom-lined Bernie that fairness usually doesn't happen in relocations and StL caused this by breaching it's contract with Stan.

I put this audio to footage from 2nd quarter Saturday. You can hear additional footage on ESPN 101 StL podcast but King only spoke of Rams with regards to forecast for season:

FordEver Frank Jr. | Facebook

Announced Attendance for the game tonight in St. Louis

For Reference:
  • San Diego: 58,507
    Oakland: 50,801

I've said this before on here and I'll say it again. The City of St. Louis has nobody but themselves to blame. They are the ones who agreed to an awful lease agreement that gives the team free rent, stipulates the City is responsible for all upgrades and gives the team an easy out clause of the lease every 10 years. They shouldn't even remotely blame Stan for this, they should be blaming it on themselves for agreeing to that ridiculous lease they signed in the first place. It’s in the lease that the stadium would be in the top 25 percent of the league by 2015. They broke their promise to Stan, and now Stan is officially moving on. It's his right. It's like this in every business.
So is anyone (St. Louis for that matter) really surprised at what's happening?
St. Louis crazy enough to even agree on that lease from the start is truly comical. That was truly a stupid agreement the city of St. Louis signed. They must have thought the world was going to end with the Mayan Calendar.
The Rams moving back to LA will be the least surprising football story in recent history.

JoeStrauss: "St. Louis played a part in this the whole time...I just think there was a lack of urgency to come to grips with this situation and now they're acting like they're the victim with their back against the wall... The response now is to portray yourself in shades of victimhood... I just don't buy that whole narrative."

Fact is the St. Louis CVC rejected the Rams' plans to renovate the the dome for $700 million....this would've kept the Rams in St. Louis for years to come. This forced Kroenke's hand to look elsewhere and now at Louis is playing victim and scrambling to put together a one billion dollar stadium to save the Rams.

Strauss: St. Louis Shouldn't Play Victim in Relocation Saga > insideSTL.com - St. Louis Sports, Music, Entertainment and Nightlife > STL Rams

st louis still doesnt get it.

New NFL stadium details revealed

http://bleacherreport.com/…/2469690-nfl-in-los-angeles-late…

Another guy who previously stated the Rams would stay in STL seems to have changed course...notice a trend here? By the way, I can't wait to hear the pinche crybabies turn on Cole and say he lacks credibility.

Ernie Ulloa - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Last edited:
“Voters think that Kroenke’s gone,” Slay said in his City Hall office. “They feel like he’s made his decision and he is doing everything he can to go to California. I would be irresponsible as a mayor if we throw up our hands and said, ‘Well, guess he wants to go someplace else, I guess we’re just gonna sit here and let him go.’”

St. Louis Voters Rebel at Demand for ‘Ball Pork’ Stadium Subsidy

Kephart on Oakland Coliseum City: 'You Should Not Believe The Local Press'

Jim Thomas: "In terms of actual spectators watching in the dome, the Rams-Colts and Rams-Chiefs contests both drew maybe 25,000 fans in a building that seats 66,000... even if you combined the actual in-house crowd for both home preseason games, it wouldn’t fill the dome."
Anybody home? Not so far for Rams : Sports

ahh the days of innocence.

Jeff Bermont - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

cool story.

Just met a friendly 28-year-old who lives in St. Louis, at Disneyland. I'm wearing my Todd Gurley jersey and LA Rams cap. He talked about how St. Louis sports radio is all Cardinals, some Blues, and little Rams. He told me a nice story about when he was a kid, he was at that 1999 Vikings-Rams playoff game, he was going crazy and people were telling him to sit down! haha Him and his wife travel, he says there's not much to do in St. Louis. He was joking that his wife wants to move to California now, after this trip for them. He joked saying, "Enjoy the Rams next year." I told him to stick with them! Sad for him that he will lose his team, but he can relate with us. Good Dude!

Eric Geller - Mobile Uploads | Facebook

Last edited:
    • I have a feeling Stan wins out. He had a contractual agreement with StL. Worked with them on getting upgrades. Arbitrator ruled in favor of Rams. StL decided not to act in accordance of ruling Stan kept Goodell informed of his actions regarding LA.

Both Spanos and Davis (more the former than the latter) had a knee jerk reaction to HP announcement. SD did not fail to meet any contractual obligations to Spanos. I'm not saying that SD has not worked diligently to get something done but it seems they have done well for the Spanos family since they bought the team from Klein.
      1·29 mins·Edited
  • 26221_1211113250348_1760881_n.jpg

Darren Smithfrank, you just brought up an excellent point that I completely missed. We all know the Chargers will lose current fan support by moving to Carson, but I forgot we had a perfect example right in front of us. LA Rams lost significant support just moving 35 miles down the road to Anaheim. How much support will the Chargers lose moving 120 miles up the state?

What this writer fails to mention some of the reasons why ownership has stayed committed to Kansas City and why Chief fans have stayed loyal despite many bad years of losing. #1 Starting in the 1960"s when the Truman Sports Complex was planned the designers looked many years ahead and though what will still be good 100 years into the future. That is something St. Louis has never done examples being the cookie cutter Busch stadium, the Ed Jones Dome and the Riverboat Stadium being proposed now. Also the Truman Sports Complex has been paid for by Jackson County since day one and never big handouts from the State of Missouri like St. Louis has. # 2 example is when a lease is set to expire Jackson County has always stepped up to the plate and adressed the Stadium needs. In 2006 Jackson County approved major renevations with a public vote for both stadiums a full 9 years ahead of when the leases were set to expire in 2015. As we all know St. Louis choose to not address their stadium lease, waited until the last minute, made their owner an insulting offer, took him to court and lost in arbrtration. Following the loss in court the leaders in St. Louis still sat on their thumbs for 2 years, then it was not until Stan made City of Champions stadium public that St Louis came up with the Riverboat proposal. If I was a NFL owner I know which market I would be happier in. I am disapointed that the Star would print this. However knowing the writer is a former St Louis Dispatch hack I should expect nothing less. I would imagine Gregorian still get together once a week on Tuesday's with Bernie for cocktails and cookies.

ANY town can claim to be a great football town when the football is great. No one in St. Louis gave L.A. fans any benefit of the doubt when attendance was down due to the fact the team was being deliberately driven into the ground. So no pity for them now.

Oakland and San Diego haven't been all that good lately either, and are also threatening moves, but those cities' fans are coming out.

1. Let the Rams leave& woo the Jaguars…The expansion team that never was.hee hee.

Last edited:
Last edited:
He's a pinhead. 150k lined up on the 405 for football in LA last Saturday, which is about half the population of St Louis city. He really needs to stop talking, seeing as how it's his bread and butter, and the value is crashing with each statement.

Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams - FordEver Frank Jr. | Facebook
interesting.

Rival developers have viewed Carson as an NFL stadium site in the past

Rams vs. Seattle: Plenty of good seats available : Sports

Adam Pendleton - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Last edited:

Forum List

Back