expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

indeed.hee hee.

HAHAHAHA! Grand Masturbator you mean. Look Okooky.... There will be no more delays. There will not be an "extra year or two" The NFL will be back in Los Angeles next year and the Raiders will not be a part of it.

You're going to need to face facts that the Raiders have zero juice to get ANYTHING done. They have neither the cash or the influence to do ANYTHING but stand by on the sidelines and watch other teams and owners who have actual $$$ move and shake and build.

Raiders are going nowhere. Carson is a sham. A fairy tale of fancy. Even if it weren't a cesspool of toxic sludge, it doesn't even compare to the Inglewood location

It's not getting built and the owners (including Dean Spanos ) know this. You do too.

As usual.. more nonsense. Of course it's about who has money. St Louis needs Kroenke to invest nearly 450 dollars into the project. Guess what? That's not happening. Kroenke is not putting that kind of scratch into a stadium he won't control on land he won't own. And it's not about who needs LA more, it's about who'd be a better fit for LA, who is the kind of deep pocketed owner to make it work in LA and and whose project makes the league more revenue.

The answer to that surely isn't Davis . It's Kroenke and Inglewood. Raiders are nothing but fodder, waiting for whatever crumbs fall their way.

There is a problem NFL Vice President Eric Grubman has said in his 3 points in a new stadium one of them is a stadium proposal must be likeable by a team, and the Rams don't like this proposal, therefore St. Louis doesn't meet Eric Grubman's 3 points in a new stadium criteria and also Eric Grubman has even said he still sees a scenario where the Rams leave even if St. Louis got all their financing together, you need to learn all of this, also St. Louis stadium proposal cannot be built without the Rams and the NFL spending any money on it.

Home market isn't doing any such thing without Stan tossing in nearly $450 million of his and the Rams money to do so. REPEAT after me. "That's not happening" - St Louis defaulted on the EJD lease and Stan isn't obligated nor required to spend a dime. St Louis isn't going to benefit by not following through on it's requirement to keep the EDJ in first tier status at no cost to the Rams, by then having Stan and the Rams pay 1/2 the cost of a new stadium.

And the bylaws and relocation guidelines mean squat. Absolutely nothing. As Paul Tagliabue testified before a senate sub-committee back in 1997, The Rams met ZERO of the NFL's relocation guidelines in 1995, but yet they were allowed to move anyway. Why you ask? Only because of a threatened billion dollar antitrust suit. Guess what? The league still doesn't enjoy an antitrust exemption.

Bottom line - Pack up the moving vans. St Louis' days as an NFL city are done.

You do not realize that the Inglewood proposal is the better proposal than Carson 1. the Inglewood site has the ability to start construction in mid-December 2015 with an opening date of September 2018, Carson is not even ready for construction because they need to remediate and clean up the land which they still haven't done that, 2. the Inglewood site has office space and the site has the ability to host the NFL Network (which the Carson proposal clearly rip offed) just go on YouTube and watch the Inglewood stadium presentation in March, and also the Inglewood proposal has an ability to host more events than Carson as the Carson site judging from the renderings it seems to be just made for football and nothing else, 4. Inglewood has transportation options and by the time the light rail is completed the Inglewood Stadium will already be completed, 5. There is the 6,000 seat venue that would host award shows and other SoCal events and possibly the NFL Draft.

Hour 2 of Roggin. San Diego City Attorney Jan Goldstein summarizing the Spanos/Fabiani leverage play:

"If they work with us openly in public and say, 'Hey, we have real possibilities in San Diego,' they won't be at the table in Los Angeles."

The Fred Roggin Show

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...a8575&ch=2e14a880-4ca8-11e4-a261-d4ae529a8575

incredible rams news.

NFL to LA odds from Bookmaker. The smart money clearly favors the Inglewood project!‪#‎itstimetocomehome‬‪#‎larams‬‪#‎toliveanddieinla‬‪#‎californiagirls‬‪#‎cityofangels‬

Rams
Chargers
+ 110
Raiders

Apparently, reality is setting in and it has begun in St. Louis....

The Beast 980Fred TheDean RogginBring Back the Los Angeles RamsKeep the Rams in St. LouisSt. Louis Rams‪#‎NFL2LA‬‪#‎LARams2016‬‪#‎GlassFromTheSky‬‪#‎InglewoodUp2PlentyOfGood‬James T. Butts

i love LA.
Bob Flewin - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Sen. Pro Tem candidate Romine comes out against stadium funding - The Missouri Times

i like.

It was about a year/half, maybe two years ago that Demoff was on STL radio (blah) and mentioned/hinted they may be going back to royal blue & yellow. NFL rules, teams have 5 yr windows on uni's. According to Demoff, they missed the file deadline, so would have to wait until 2016 for uniform change. He also mentioned that blue & white would be great throwbacks. I guess we wait and see.
2·August 23 at 10:14am

Last edited:
More bad news for st louis stadium funding.

Sen. Pro Tem candidate Romine comes out against stadium funding - The Missouri Times

carson FAIL.

Andre Jeanbart - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

GREAT VIDEO.

Rams Visit to Los Angeles Recap

FUTURE HOME FOR LA RAMS.

Gina Dominguez - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Adam Pendleton - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

i like.

Regarding the NFL’s future in Los Angeles, one of the things several owners are very bullish on is how Rams owner Kroenke is throwing the league a low-cost life preserver for NFL Network, NFL.com and related NFL digital properties. There's an expansive plan for a new facility and multipurpose theater at the stadium complex in Inglewood that Kroenke is planning. NFL Network is currently crammed into its facility in nearby Culver City, and I talked to one owner who believes Kroenke’s multimillion-dollar savior plan for the network and the league’s digital enterprise will be a big factor in what the league decides to do with the Los Angeles market.

If the Rams are the choice of the owners, which is no sure thing but something I’m growing more to see is the preferred route, I could see them playing in Los Angeles next year and 2017 (and maybe ’18) while the stadium is built. As for the other two stadium-seekers in California, there’s growing sentiment that if the Spanos family can’t get the new stadium it badly wants in San Diego, the Chargers could be the second team in Inglewood. In that scenario, the Raiders would have to fend for themselves. But we’re still months away from a resolution, and that could change dramatically.

What I think I think: Seattle Seahawks
The MMQB's Peter King lands in Renton, WA to check in on Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, Jimmy Graham and the rest of the 2015 Seattle Seahawks.
RENTON, Wash. — Nothing changes for Russell Wilson.

Ten minutes before the official start of Seahawks practice, on a pristine field a short spiral east of Lake Washington, Russell Wilson is throwing to the tight ends. Fast. Snap, set up, throw, over and over. I’m guessing before practice even started he’s thrown 30 or 40 passes in anger. I’ve seen this movie before: last year, and the year before. Super Bowl win, Super Bowl loss.

I used this quote inmy Darrell Bevell storylast week, but it’s worth reading again, because it’s the essence of Wilson: “Nothing changes,” Wilson said after practice. “That’s the great thing about our team and the guys we have on our team. I love the game too much, man. Love the game and respect the game too much. You can’t just let the days go by. God only gives you a certain amount of days and you never know how many days that is. I’d be at fault if I let one of the days go by. I can’t and I won’t.”

The quarterback who threw the interception heard ’round the world in the Super Bowl last February and made Malcolm Butler a household name doesn’t seem much worse for wear. In the off-season, he got a new famous girlfriend (singer Ciara), a $21.9-million-a-year contract starting in 2016, and an audience with the president. The interception might be in a place deep inside him, burrowing a hole he’ll always feel. But if it is, Wilson’s doing a good job hiding it. Or pretending it’s not there. He said he’s watched the doomed slant from the 1-yard line “probably a hundred-plus times.”

“Now that you’ve studied it,” I asked, “did you do anything wrong on the play?”

“I think as a quarterback you want to find a way to win, however that may be,” Wilson said. “That’s what I did wrong. If I could have done one thing different, it would have been to score, to find a way to score.”

There’s enough blame to go around on the play: from the play-call, and not using the back with the hot hand, Marshawn Lynch, on a safer second-down call from the one; from the first receiver in the two-man stack to the right, Jermaine Kearse, not getting free of New England cornerback Brandon Browner so he could legally pick Malcolm Butler and leave the second man, Ricardo Lockette, free to catch the Super Bowl-winning touchdown; and to Wilson, because he threw it.

• 'I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT': Darrell Bevell made the Super Bowl play call that’s been second-guessed into oblivion. For the first time in detail, the Seattle coordinator discusses why the Seahawks chose to pass, what went wrong and how he handled the fallout

Wilson said it took about a week before he got over it. Since then, his off-season has been pretty much the same as his others work-wise—just a bit more spotlighted because he’s dating a celebrity. And he said he is convinced his approach wouldn’t have changed this off-season whether he’d completed that pass to his own man on Feb. 1 … or to Butler.

“My ring finger would probably be a little bit heavier,” he said, “but mentally, yeah, my approach would have to be the same.”

He went on. “Once I got back to work, you really realize it’s still no different. Every year the goal is, ‘Can you keep your mentality the same?’ No matter what the circumstances are, can you stay laser focused on the idea of what can you do for the next moment? That’s the trick. If you ask any great players—and I’ve had the fortune to be around a lot of great players—Derek Jeter to Michael Jordan to other quarterbacks who have played the game—one of the common things that I always heard from them is,Can you be consistent? On the field in your play and your approach to the practice and the games, and can you also be consistent in your mind? My mental coach, Trevor Moawad, has this idea: conscious competence. You already know what it takes. Just trust it … If you want to be great at something, yeah you can be talented but if you want to be consistently great at something, consistent to have the opportunity to get there over and over again, you’re going to have some bumps in the road. But there is only one option, and that is to put the work in every day. No matter how great the moment was before or how bad it was before, you can’t let it affect the next moment.

“Losing the Super Bowl is tough. But I have no complaints. I want to win every time I step on the field. I hate losing. But at all costs, if I can keep my mind focused on the good and moving forward, just like I did when we lost in Atlanta my rookie year, and then the next year we go to the Super Bowl, that’s the job.”

Seattle's quarterback coach, Carl Smith, and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell both said Wilson’s the exact same guy this summer, post-contract and post-calamitous interception. Time will tell if it will have any long-term impact on him, but for now, Wilson, 42-14 in his first three remarkable years, walks and talks and practices like the same player he’s been since he walked on campus in May 2012.

mmqb-lasorda-tommy.jpg

Tommy Lasorda and Jerry Jones (Mark J. Terrill/AP)
OXNARD, Calif. — The Lasorda Chronicles.

When you go on the road to training camps, there are some days you know fun things might happen. On a trip to Cowboys camp, for instance. Last Tuesday, I walked into Cowboys PR VP Rich Dalrymple’s office at camp—a converted Marriott Residence Inn room, right by the practice fields—and who was sitting there chewing the fat with Dalrymple? Tommy Lasorda. I introduced myself, told him I’d covered some Reds in the early ’80s, knew John McNamara—and we were off to story land. A couple of minutes after I entered, in walked the man Lasorda had come to see: Cowboys coach Jason Garrett. The two struck up a friendship last year when Garrett sat in Lasorda’s box at a Dodgers game.

The conversation was so good I thought the best way to relay it was to give you a seat in one of the chairs in the room, across from Dalrymple’s desk, and let you just listen to Lasorda, 87, tell his tales. I’ve cleaned up some of the language, but to get the full Lasorda treatment, you’ve got to have some of the color and pageantry of his adjectives and nouns.

Lasorda:“When I met this guy [Garrett], I said, ‘What a f---ing nice guy he is. I said one thing, I don’t know anything about professional football, but I know one thing—he was walking that high wire for his job. And I could tell he’s a damn good coach. So I said I gotta go help that guy. I want to make sure that he keeps his job. I wanted to talk to the team, and so last year I did. I want these f---ers to win for him. I gave them a pretty good talk.”

Garrett:“He’s talked to a lot of teams. And every team he talks to wins.”

King:“What’d you tell them?”

Lasorda:“I said, ‘Do you want to win? I’ll tell you how to win. Every one of you guys get on one end of the f---ing rope and pull together. You play for the name on the front of your shirt, not for the name on the back. You’re one team!!’ And I said to ’em: ‘From this day until next year this same day, I will probably speak to a million people. And lemme tell you something. If you don’t get to the Super Bowl I will tell a million people how f---ing horse---- you are!’”

Garrett:“Did you come to the playoff game against Detroit?”

Lasorda:“I was there! And we should have won. What about that catch?”

King:“The Dez Bryant catch that wasn’t a catch?”

Lasorda:“That was the greatest catch I ever saw in my life, and they took it away from them. Otherwise they’d have been playing Seattle.”

King:“For the NFC Championship Game.”

Lasorda:“That’s right, yeah. We had it! The guy caught the ball! He’s got the ball! Wasn’t it the 1-yard line or something? What a f---ing joke that was. I was kicking everything around.”

King:“Wait a minute. You grew up in Norristown, Pa., an Eagles fan. How can you love the Cowboys?”

Lasorda:“You see, I have great friends. Andy Reid is a good friend of mine. The coach from the St. Louis Rams, Dick Vermeil, was a friend of mine. Jeff Fisher, he’s a USC guy, the guy in Nashville, he’s a friend of mine. So Mike Scioscia came to me one day, digging at me, and said, ‘Hey Tommy, you ain’t worth s---. These coaches you say you’re close to, they don’t like you. Andy Reid and Vermeil and Fisher, those coaches don’t like you.’ I said, ‘Scioscia, you SOB, I’ll show you.’ I got Andy Reid on the phone. He was in a meeting, and he said, ‘Hey, I came out of a meeting! What do you want?’ And I said, Scioscia said you pull for the Angels.’ He said, ‘Tell Scioscia he’s full of s---.’ So then I called Fisher up and said, ‘Scioscia is saying you don’t like the Dodgers.’ And he said, ‘Tell him he’s full of s---.’ Scioscia got to me. Anyway, I got to meet this guy right here and then my heart went out to him. I just happened to take a liking to him, I liked the way he talked. And I wanted to try to do something for him. So I said, ‘Let me talk to that f---ing team.’ ”

Garrett:“You gotta tell these guys the Sandy Koufax story.”

Lasorda:“Okay anyway, Koufax. [In 1954 when I was a pitcher] I have a god---- good spring training with the Dodgers, trying to make the ball club. We go into Brooklyn to open the season, and I get a call from Buzzie Bavasi, the general manager, to come to his office. I walk in and he said, ‘Tommy, I’ve got a problem.’ I said, ‘What’s the matter Buzzie? One of your relatives sick?’ He said, ‘No, I have to send somebody out. I have to cut one guy out of this ball club, Tommy.’ I said, ‘You didn’t bring me in here to tell me that! No! I won 17 games in f---ing Triple-A last year! What do I have to do to show you I can pitch here? You’re going to keep Koufax over me? No!! He’s a f---ing guy who can’t throw a ball and hit a f---ing barn door! And you’re going to keep him over me?!’ He said, ‘Look Tommy, you’ve gotta go.’ So, I went. So like I say, it took the greatest left-handed pitcher in baseball to knock me off of that Brooklyn team. That was my claim to fame.”

King:“Seems like the rivalry is missing from baseball now. Football too. Guys are pretty friendly.”

Dalrymple:“Our guys pray with the other team on the field after the game.”

Lasorda:“If I saw my players ever talking to the other players, I would chew their ass out. Get the f--- off the field! Don’t talk to them SOBs! You might have to go break up a double play and knock him off a base, and you’re talking to him? They hug each other and everything now. I would never shake hands with the f---ing other team when they beat us. Why shake hands? We are trying to beat their ass, we ain’t shaking hands with the enemy!”

Club vice president Charlotte Anderson, daughter of Jerry Jones, walks in. Sees Lasorda.

Anderson:“How great for you to be here!”

Lasorda:“I feel like I belong here. I really do. [Looking at Garrett] I did one thing in my life that I am proud of. I got him a long contract.”

Garrett:“It worked. Tommy, compare the great guys. Was Ted Williams really the best?”

Lasorda:“Best hitter I ever saw, without a doubt. I’m pitching for Kansas City. We’re playing the Red Sox in KC, and Alex Kellner, a left-hander, is pitching for us. The count goes to 3-2 on Williams, and there comes a pitch and he takes it. Strike three. You never see that happen to Ted Williams. So we had a coach with us who was a coach for many years with Ted. This guy says, ‘That’s it. He’s finished.’ I said, ‘He probably thought the ball was outside.’ He said, ‘No, no, he would have let that ball go by if it was outside. It wasn’t outside.’ Anyway, same game Williams comes up, Kellner side-armed him again. Out in right field in KC, they had a fence and then a bank and then another high fence, and across the street was a house. Williams hit the f---ing house with that home run! So I guess Williams wasn’t finished after all.”

Then Garrett was off to practice. I was too. But about the time Lasorda tried to pick a fight with ump Harry Wendelstadt and Wendelstadt wouldn’t run Lasorda, well, don’t get Tommy started on that one …

Welcome, Amy K. Nelson, to our team.

I’m pleased to announce that we’re going to be doing more dedicated video stories at The MMQBthis season, self-contained pieces from all across the spectrum of football. When we decided this was something we wanted to do, I thought, “I wonder if we could get Amy K. Nelson to come work for us.” I really have admired her work, going back to the superb video piece she did for ESPN on baseball umpire Jim Joyce, who blew the Armando Galarraga perfect game in 2009 with a terrible call at first base, humbly admitted his error, and made amends with the forgiving Galarraga. Beautiful story. She was our first-round draft choice, and she has agreed to do some work for us this season. We’re thrilled to have her aboard.

Her first story will be on our site this week, fittingly with a Katrina theme in the 10th-anniversary week of the hurricane striking the Gulf Coast. Nelson, a freelance writer, photographer and video journalist living in New Orleans now, found a perfect story for us. It’s the story of high school football coach Cyril Crutchfield, who nearly drowned in his small-town Louisiana high school gym after misjudging the power of Katrina. In the days and years after the storm, Crutchfield helped rebuild his town and his team; two years after Katrina, Crutchfield and his players won the first of consecutive state championships. He had planned on retiring in the tiny fishing village, his hero status cemented. But a controversy in 2010 resulted in Crutchfield leaving and ended the feel-good story. A decade later, the town he left and the people who need him most are asking whether he can ever come back. I love the story, and when we put it up this week, I think you will too.

“Living in New Orleans the last nine months,” Nelson said Sunday, “the biggest misconception I've understood is that this city has rebounded back. That is so often, and for so many, not true. I've been curious about the space between—that space that exists when the Katrina redemption stories were cycled through, and then what happened in the years since? This story is a perfect example of that: What happened when the Hollywood sports story had a different ending, a second act? Ten years later, I wanted to know more about what happened when life went on after the story suddenly shifted for a coach and this small town he thought he'd spend the rest of his life in.”

I’m so glad Nelson chose to tell some stories for us. She worked for ESPN for seven years and later for SB Nation, where she produced and hosted her own sports documentary series. Please let us know what you think of her first story for us later this week.

• Question or comment? Email us at [email protected].

Quotes of the Week
I

“It’s intoxicating. It’s a drug, a drug that gives you the most incredible feeling there is. Outside of sexual intercourse, there's probably nothing like it. But fun is the wrong word for it. I don't consider football fun. It's not like a water park, or a baseball game.”

—Former 49ers linebacker Chris Borland, on football, ina terrific longform storyon ESPN.com by Mark Fainaru-Wada and Steve Fainaru about the post-football life of Borland

The story is good because it describes the torment Borland feels about walking away from a sport he loves, and the legitimate question about whether people should play tackle football. Well worth your time.

II

“When you run the read option, you have to know the rules. If you want to run the read option with a starting quarterback that’s had two knee surgeries, that’s on you. It’s not my responsibility to update you on the rule. I could have hit him harder on that. I didn’t.”

—Ravens pass rusher Terrell Suggs, after hitting quarterback Sam Bradford in the left knee in Saturday night’s preseason game against the Eagles. The Eagles were ticked off because Bradford handed off on the play and thought Suggs, who was penalized for a late hit, took a cheap shot.

Whether Suggs had malice on the play, I don’t know. I don’t know why he would. But I don’t know how Suggs said he could have hit him harder. He lunged quite hard into Bradford’s knee.

III

“L-A-RAMS! L-A-RAMS! L-A-RAMS!”

—Thousands of fans chanting at a practice between the St. Louis Rams and Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday at the Cowboys’ training camp field in Oxnard, Calif.

What made the display interesting was that at least two-thirds of the fans on hand that day identified as Ram fans. You don't often see a road team in a practice or game setting dominate the local crowd, but that’s what the Rams fans did in Oxnard.

IV

“YouTube.”

—San Francisco GM Trent Baalke, asked how and where he scouted Australian Rugby League star Jarryd Haynes, who now has a legitimate chance to make the team after not playing football until this spring.

V

“This crew might need eight preseason games to get ready.”

—Arizona coach Bruce Arians, Saturday night, not enamored with the work of Walt Coleman’s eight-official crew at the Chargers-Cardinals game.

Stats of the Week
I

The Rams host Seattle on opening weekend. In the past three seasons, Seattle is 1-2 at the Edward Jones Dome and 41-12 in all other stadiums.

Perhaps more worrisome for this year’s offensive-line-challenged Seahawks: Russell Wilson’s been sacked at a rate of 2.4 times per game in his career. In his past two games at St. Louis, he’s been sacked 10 times.

II

In the past 22 months, Carson Palmer is 13-2 as a Cardinals starting quarterback.

III

In the past 22 years, the Bengals haven’t won a playoff game. They’re 0-6 (two Palmer losses, four Andy Dalton losses).

IV

MLB Payrolls We Have Loved Dept.:

Los Angeles Dodgers (14 games over .500) payroll: $298.5 million.

Combined payroll of Pittsburgh, Houston, Kansas City (61 over .500): $300.6 million.

Scene of the Week
This happened at Dallas camp, with the Cowboys’ first-team offense driving down the field against the St. Louis first-team defense. The two teams had been fighting for much of the past 20 minutes, and when Tony Romo came to the line of scrimmage, the Rams’ 3-yard line, another skirmish broke out on the adjacent field, all the way at the other end.

Ten of the Rams on defense, across from Romo, began running to join the fight. Romo looked around. It was 11 Cowboys against one Ram now. “If they want to fight,” Romo said later, “let ’em fight. We’re gonna score.” He handed the ball to a back (didn’t see which one) and Dallas, indeed, scored an 11-on-1 touchdown.

Factoids of the Week That May Interest Only Me
I

The Seattle Seahawks’ decidedly non-Legion of Boom-like first-unit nickel secondary in practice last Monday:

Left corner: Tye Smith, rookie fifth-round pick from Towson.
Right corner: Cary Williams, unrestricted free agent, last with Philadelphia.
Slot corner: Marcus Burley, acquired in trade with Indianapolis last year.
Free safety: Ronald Martin Jr., rookie from LSU.
Strong safety: Dion Bailey, undrafted second-year player from USC.

Richard Sherman: Seattle Seahawks' secondary will be great
The MMQB's Peter King caught up with Seahawks CB Richard Sherman in Renton, WA.
Where Are They Now from Super Bowl:

Left corner Richard Sherman (hip flexor) isn’t seriously hurt and should be fine for the start of the season.

Right corner Byron Maxwell signed a six-year, $63-million free-agent contract with Philadelphia.

Slot corner Jeremy Lane (torn ACL, broken arm) likely won’t play until at least October after his gruesome Super Bowl injuries on the same play.

Free safety Earl Thomas (torn labrum, left shoulder) is hoping to be ready to play opening day, but that’s no sure thing.

Strong safety Kam Chancellor (contract holdout) is nowhere in sight.

“We’ll be fine,” Richard Sherman said the other day.

We’ll see.

II

In case you’re wondering why Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys will always have a training-camp presence in the Los Angeles area (their camp this summer is in Oxnard, an hour west of Hollywood), think of this one word: glitter. Jones loves being around the beautiful people—because they’re beautiful and because their presence shows the overarching popularity of the Cowboys. Here are a few of the bright lights who were around the team:

At Tuesday's practice: Actors Ty Burrell (of “Modern Family”) and Jamie Foxx; former Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda; and former NFL great Rosey Grier.

At a Wednesday evening media party at glitzy Nobu, on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu: Vince Vaughn, Cindy Crawford, Al Michaels, Troy Aikman. Just outside the party, at a table eating dinner: John McEnroe and former NHL great Chris Chelios.

This was a couple of days after Denzel Washington watched practice from the sidelines.

Mr. Starwood Preferred Member Travel Notes of the Week
Two from Friday: I flew from Denver to San Jose early in the morning to see the Niners during the day, then flew later from San Jose to Phoenix.

On the morning flight, I sat next to a 20-ish woman with bright blue long cornrows and the large tattooed word “WATEVER” (spelled exactly that) on her forearm. She slept most of the way, her legs splayed into my space so I had to put my legs in the aisle for much of the flight. That was interesting.

On the later flight, a Japanese boy, about 5 or 6, sat in the middle seat of our row, with me on the aisle. He was exceedingly polite. He had to get up twice to use the restroom, and each time he said he was sorry. While seated, he devoured a large picture book about dinosaurs, and pulled out a folder of dinosaur drawings that I am assuming he made. Busy the entire flight, he nodded off maybe 15 minutes before landing in Phoenix, his sleeping head landing with a thud on my right upper arm. There it stayed until we landed. The kid was out cold. When we got to the gate, he was still on my arm, and I gently got up and lifted the arm rest … and he just lay down on my seat for a couple of minutes until his dad woke him up. Really a cute kid and a cute airplane moment.

Tweets of the Week
I

II

III

I always pictured Philbin as more of an “Amy” guy. No?

IV

Love Andy Benoit’s observational Tweets.

V

The Astros shortstop was commenting how small he felt (a la 5-7 shortstop Jose Altuve) while visiting the city’s NFL team.

VI

The Baltimore Ravens guard is a mathematician and Penn State adjunct research assistant in math.

Ten Things I Think I Think
1. I think if you wanted to tell me that San Diego pass-rusher Melvin Ingram will lead the NFL in sacks this year, I would not argue with you. What a get-off—as coaches say—Ingram has. He showed it Saturday night with two sacks early against Arizona. Ingram’s had a star-crossed injury history since being the Chargers’ top pick in 2012, missing 19 games, but he looked like Justin Houston around the edge on one sack Saturday night.

mmqb-griffin-robert.jpg

Robert Griffin III (Matt Hazlett/Getty Images)
2. I think it feels very much like you can see the end for Robert Griffin III in Washington. It started last year, with the blunt criticism of Griffin from his head coach, and it continues with subpar play this summer, and another mini-controversy last week, when he said he thought he was the best quarterback in the NFL. Which would be hilarious if it wasn’t so ridiculous. Then, former Washington return man Brian Mitchell, now with CSN Mid-Atlantic, went off in an epic rant addressed to Griffin. “You need to shut the hell up and start playing football,” Mitchell said on air, via Pro Football Talk. “That will make you important. Win football games in this city, and you would have this city at the palm of your hands. You had it, and you’re starting to lose it because you talk. And there a lot of people that were supporting him that are now starting to turn their back, because they see a guy who seems to be so full of himself and not doing what he’s supposed to be doing. You came here to be a football player, not a damn philosopher.” Mitchell capped it by saying the team has enabled Griffin too much, and not told him the harsh truth when he needs to hear it: “He does a lot of stupid stuff, and it’s about time he hears it instead of people kissing his tail all the damn time.” It’s compounded by the fact that Colt McCoy has had a good camp and is highly respected by the coaching staff. Especially after Griffin was knocked out of the team’s second preseason game. Seems like this has been said a lot, at the beginning of many weeks in the past year, but this is a big week for Griffin’s immediate and long-term future in Washington. (Photo Gallery: RG III's House of Pain.)

3. I think you’re owed an explanation from me, in the wake of Ben Volin of the Boston Globe writing Sunday that it wasn’t just Chris Mortensen who got a bum steer from someone in the NFL about the deflated footballs in the AFC title game. Volin said it was me, too. I reported after Mortensen’s story that 11 of the 12 footballs were at least two pounds per square inch under the minimum limit of 12.5 psi when tested by the league at halftime. I reported that I’d heard “reliably” that the story of the footballs being at least two psi under the minimum limit was correct. As I said on Twitter on Sunday, I believe the person who told me this believed the story was accurate when, obviously, it clearly was not. So, were we used by someone to get a storyline out in public? Maybe … but the reason I’m skeptical about this is because with the knowledge that there would be a full investigation and clearly the air pressure in the footballs would be publicized at some point, the league would look stupid for putting out false information that would eventually come back to embarrass it. Clearly, this story, along with the Ray Rice story from last fall, has made me question sources and sourcing in general, and in a story as inflammatory as this one, you can’t just take the story of a person whose word you trust as gospel. It’s my error. I need to be better than that. Readers, and the Patriots, deserve better than that.

4. I think no player had as disturbing a weekend as kicker Blair Walsh of the Vikings. Walsh, one of the best young kickers in the game, hasn’t had a good summer, but that rose to new heights against the Raiders at home. He missed an extra point and all three field-goal tries he had. So he missed 33-, 35-, 38- and 49-yard kicks (the 33-yarder being the length of the extra point now). Imagine missing three kicks between 30 and 39 yards in a game. That matches Walsh’s total misses between 30 and 39 yards in his three-year career. The Vikings are trying not to show their concern, but the guy has missed five kicks in two preseason games now. Keep an eye on that story.

5. I think Marcell Dareus is a top-10 NFL defensive tackle. Ndamukong Suh he’s not. If the Bills offered Dareus $15 million a year, as was reported over the weekend, and he turned it down because he wants Suh money, my feeling is he’s misreading the market. J.J. Watt, far and away the best defensive player in football (better than Suh), signed for $16.67 million a year last year; Suh signed a deal averaging $19 million this year. It’s fair that Dareus is the third-highest paid defensive lineman, but there’d be no way in a responsible salary structure that I’d pay him more than Watt. Never mind that he’s twice been disciplined for being late to team activities, and was cited for drag-racing in Buffalo and suspended for a game because of it. Dareus has a case for a rich contract, but not richer than Watt’s.

• PERCY HARVIN'S LATEST CHANCE:Now on his fourth team in four years, the explosive but problem-plagued talent tries to reinvent himself with the new-look Bills

6. I think this is bad news for the future of Chris Cooley in Washington: New tight end Derek Carrier, acquired in trade with San Francisco on Friday, will be wearing number 47. For all either outside the Beltway or just casual fans of tight-end numbers in recent NFL seasons, that was Cooley’s number. He wants to play again, badly, and his old team sent him a message with that news Saturday.

7. I think this was a first: I interviewed Tony Romo the other night at Cowboys camp, and he brought his own soundtrack: a boom box with Bruce Springsteen playing at a moderate volume. During our chat, he interrupted his football chatter when “Wrecking Ball” came on.

Romo:“Do you know this song?”

Me:“Yeah. The old Giants Stadium song. Saw him play this at the Meadowlands.”

Romo:“I love this song.” (Singing)Through the mud and the beer, the blood and the cheers … I’ve seen champions come and go.

Me:“It’s funny—he’s not a sports fan really, but he’s written a lot about the Giants. He kind of likes the Giants.”

Romo:“That’s cool. We’ll forgive him for that.” (More singing)

Me:“How many times have you seen him?”

Romo:(chagrined look) “One.”

Me:“Come on! You gotta go again!”

Romo:“I know, I know.”

8. I think this falls into the category of Far Be It From Me To Tell a Team Its Business, but if I were the 49ers, with all the turf problems they’ve had at Levi’s Stadium, I wouldn’t be having Taylor Swift doing two shows in the preseason (Aug. 14 and 15) at the stadium, necessitating a new turf installation for the first preseason home game Aug. 23, and I wouldn’t have Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line doing a show Aug. 29 inside the stadium, five nights before the second home preseason game Sept. 3. The Niners and the city of Santa Clara have an understanding that revenue-producing events like the mega-popular concerts will be sought for the stadium. That makes business sense. But there ought to be a line of demarcation. Something like: All concerts should be scheduled between March 1 and Aug. 10. After that, it’s got to be all football. Particularly in a year such as this one—with Super Bowl 50 to be played in February—the turf inside Levi’s Stadium should be priority one, two and three when scheduling events at the stadium. The reputation of the turf around the league right now is brutal. Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said this three days before Sunday’s game at the stadium between the Cowboys and Niners: “I’m confident that the league will make sure that field is safe for everybody to play or we won’t play the game.” Yikes.

9. I think the Cowboys deserve credit for recruiting La’el Collins hard and signing him as a rookie free-agent after the draft … but 31 other teams deserve blame for not using a sixth- or seventh-round pick to take him on draft day. Pro Football Focusnamed him the top-rated rookie of the first full weekend of the preseason, and people in camp told me last week he’s been terrific in all phases with the second unit. I don’t expect him to stay second-team for the season.

Fantasy Check: Training Camp Week 4
The MMQB's Peter King shares his fantasy football advice on Sam Bradford, Russell Wilson and the Rams' running game.
10. I think these are my non-football thoughts of the week:

a. Out here in training-camp land, where I don’t turn on the TV, I noticed the “STOCKS PLUMMET” headline in Saturday’s New York Times,and immediately went to examine the Friday night NFL game summaries. It’s that time of year, the time when real life gets suspended for a while.

b. I think having a The MMQB-stylesite for covering the 2016 election would be an awful lot of fun right now. I think I’d have Klemko writing a daily Trump story, and Vrentas doing a what’s-wrong-with-Hillary’s-campaign takeout right about now.

c.Really good storyby Sal Maiorana of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicleabout little-known Bills co-owner Kim Pegula, who was abandoned by her birth parents in Seoul at age 5, adopted by a New York couple and raised in upstate New York.

d. One more year, Vin Scully. Please.

e. In the midst of this bizarro-world bad Red Sox season, I note that, in the span of eight-and-a-third innings last week, Boston got 25 hits and 18 runs off King Felix and Johnny Cueto.

f. You just can’t predict baseball, Suzyn. You really can’t.

g. Not saying Dave Dombrowski wasn’t a good hire by the Red Sox. But just for the record: Boston made a change because the current franchise architect spent huge money on players (Sandoval, Porcello, Hanley) who are not huge-money players. And the franchise now has hired an architect who spent huge money on players (other than Miguel Cabrera and maybe Victor Martinez) who didn’t produce enough to win big. What am I missing? I see the division titles, and it’s important to get in the derby every year, so maybe I’m being too hard on Dombrowski. But the Tigers are 12 over .500 since opening day 2014 (including the playoff three-game sweep last year by the Orioles). Going forward, I’d like Boston to be more of a farm-system team and less of a free-agent team. Too many Crawford/Hanley mistakes in big-money land.

h.Cool story, Tim Rohan, on Mets pitcher Jacob deGrom’s hair. Rohan consistently makes chicken salad from a tough beat to cover.

i. Congrats on the no-hitter, Mike Fiers, and for surviving the long road to get there. Amazing to me that he threw 60 pitches in the first three innings of the game and survived to pitch nine.

j. Coffeenerdness: This was a first, driving from the airport in Denver to the Broncos’ practice facility last Thursday: a standalone drive-through Starbucks. No store. Just a skinny little drive-through, on the southeast side of town. No idea such a place existed. Some of their stores could take a lesson from said drive-through: From time of order (three drinks) to pickup of drinks: less than 90 seconds.

k. Beernerdness: Lucky to take a break Thursday night for a couple of beers at a place near Coors Field. Great Colorado brew selection. Tried tastes of several, and went with my old favorite: Avery White Rascal (Avery Brewing Company, Boulder, Colo.).

l. Took Greg Bishop of SIto Coors Field for his first trip there on a lovely night for baseball (Nats/Scherzer-Rockies) Thursday. Good to be joined by one of America’s bright young sportswriting lights, Tim Rohan of the New York Times.Coors has one of the best concession stands in all of sports: a salad bar on the lower concourse between first base and right field. Romaine, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, with balsamic vinaigrette, topped with chicken, for about $8.

m. Uh, no line in the sixth inning Thursday night. There should have been.

n. Ed Werder hasthe best avataron Twitter.

o. Kudos to the following for recent charitable works:

• Radio station WEEI in Boston, and cable-sports giant NESN, for their Jimmy Fund Radio/TV Telethon to raise money to fight cancer in children. They raised $3,351,928. An excellent cause, of course. Kudos to all thoughtful and generous enough to help.

• To Peyton Manning, for founding the Chattanooga Heroes Fund, to raise money for the children and families of the five murdered soldiers in that Tennessee city. Manning has a home there, and he and his family were there around the time of the shootings of the five enlisted men. The fund has already raised substantial money for the seven children and families, and the work is not done.

• To Steve Gleason and the siteEvacuteer, the New Orleans-based group that mobilizes, recruits and trains volunteers to move the populace when the region is threatened by a hurricane. As the Katrina anniversary moves closer, such a body is important, and Gleason, who suffers from ALS, wrote a letter to help Evacuteer raise money. “Like this city’s levees in 2005, my invincible body has failed me, but like the residents of a city built 5 feet below sea level, I choose to be an idealist,” Gleason wrote. “We simply must be steadfast, maniacal idealists. When the world sees tragedy, idealists see opportunity.”

• STEVE GLEASON GOES DEEP:The Saints hero, now battling ALS on all fronts, opens up about football’s place in his life and whether he wants his son to play the game

p. Last note, speaking of interesting things for good causes: On Sept. 2 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Harpoon Brewery in Boston, I’ll be previewing the NFL season with a panel of NFL authorities: former Patriots tackle and all-around bon vivantMatt Light, Greg Bedard of Sports Illustrated,Ron Borges of the Boston Herald,Albert Breer of NFL Network and NFL.com, and Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.For $50, you’ll be the first to taste Harpoon’s new brew and one very near and dear to me, The MMQB Saison; and you’ll get two glasses of any Harpoon beer, an etched commemorative glass, and a Harpoon pretzel. Our friends at Bose have donated a new sound system that we’ll raffle off, so thanks so much to Bose. The evening will benefit a brain tumor charity, the Center for Neuro-Oncology at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. We’re going to have a great night, and I hope you can join us in Boston. By the way, if you’ve not been to the new Harpoon brew pub, you’ll love it. Great scene and great feel to it. Tickets are limited,so reserve yours now.

The Adieu Haiku
So L.A. beckons.
My best guess: Rams in ’16,
Chargers close behind.

• Question or comment? Email us at [email protected].

More from The MMQB

MON AUG. 31, 2015
CONCUSSION Exclusive Trailer

MON AUG. 31, 2015
What I Learned this Summer
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and updates to your inbox!
@SI_PeterKingMore Articles
MMQB Tweets
KING’S MMQB
BOWMAN, MANNING, MORE
10 THINGS
THE EAGLES’ ROSTER OVERHAUL
LISTEN
NEW MMQB PODCAST
KING'S MAIL
SAINTS AND THE STORM
TOUR BLOG
BENGALS CAMP REPORT
WATCH
KING ON THE CARDINALS
Related Articles

THU AUG. 27, 2015
Hungry Cats

FRI AUG. 21, 2015
New York Jets Training Camp Report

FRI AUG. 21, 2015
Chiefs Getting Wide Right

FRI AUG. 21, 2015
Todd Bowles: ‘Nothing Surprises You’

Last edited:
Regarding the NFL’s future in Los Angeles, one of the things several owners are very bullish on is how Rams owner Kroenke is throwing the league a low-cost life preserver for NFL Network, NFL.com and related NFL digital properties. There's an expansive plan for a new facility and multipurpose theater at the stadium complex in Inglewood that Kroenke is planning. NFL Network is currently crammed into its facility in nearby Culver City, and I talked to one owner who believes Kroenke’s multimillion-dollar savior plan for the network and the league’s digital enterprise will be a big factor in what the league decides to do with the Los Angeles market.

If the Rams are the choice of the owners, which is no sure thing but something I’m growing more to see is the preferred route, I could see them playing in Los Angeles next year and 2017 (and maybe ’18) while the stadium is built. As for the other two stadium-seekers in California, there’s growing sentiment that if the Spanos family can’t get the new stadium it badly wants in San Diego, the Chargers could be the second team in Inglewood. In that scenario, the Raiders would have to fend for themselves. But we’re still months away from a resolution, and that could change dramatically.

Peter King's MMQB on NaVorro Bowman, Peyton Manning, Jordy Nelson | The MMQB with Peter King

Last edited:
(Dandy Don laughing)

"You ever seen a team go crazy and its fans? Look at 'em!"

"They don't care for Dallas much here in Los Angeles".

December 15, 1980. Classic broadcast from first year in Anaheim on Monday Night Football. Rams beat Cowboys 38-14 in front of 65,154.

This is what Georgia and John slowly killed.

Just wait until the Rams are back on‪#‎MNF‬again from SoCal.

awesome 1980 LA Rams game against cowboys with rams in white jerseys and cowboys in dark blue.:banana:

st louis fan ready to become an LA fan.lol.

Do you live in California and you are a... - I Love St.-Louis-Rams team | Facebook

Last edited:
excellent non biased Rams article.

Rams Nearly A Lock To Return To Los Angeles

Team STL: Joe Buck returns to Twitter, immediately rips into St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke

fuck you joe buck.:anj_stfu::up_yours:

Mr. Optimistic" Shane Gray is at it again! Still thinks Kroenke will gladly stay in St. Louis. Why don't we all give this idiot some facts in his comments section.

Task Force Gaining Ground in Quest to Keep Rams > insideSTL.com - St. Louis Sports, Music, Entertainment and Nightlife > STL Rams

Shane...my god...wake up man. What part of Kroenke's statement, "St. Louis doesn't work as Rams home" from the August meetings did you not understand? What makes anyone think the man would fork over $450 million of his own money to try and remedy that situation? A situation in which the Rams are the least valued team in the entire league? The fact that one of the major roadblocks for the Riverfront stadium has been cleared after the court ruling and yet you STILL have not heard anything from Kroenke should speak volumes to you. What in the world would make you think he would want to stay in St. Louis purely from a business perspective? Chasing bad money after worse. You act as if Kroenke would gladly hand over the money if he is forced to stay there. He doesn’t have to do squat, which is a scenario that you seem to keep ignoring time and time again. You may one day get that taxpayer funded Riverfront stadium, but the reality is, Kroenke’s Rams won’t be playing in it.

Please join me in requesting that FOX Sports drop Joe Buck from all national broadcasts. More and more he proves himself to be such a biased St. Louis-homer, he seems only capable of calling Cardinals baseball and maybe Blues hockey games. Thank you:

FOX Sports
10201 W. Pico Blvd #100, Los Angeles, CA 90064
Phone:(310) 369-6000

Mike Florio: Growing Sense That It Will Be Chargers, Rams That End Up In L.A., With Raiders Left Out

Last edited:
amen to that.rams only to LA.no raiders or chargers.

Tyler Bearde - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Lawmaker opposition casts doubt on new St. Louis stadium

more bad news in dogpatch USA.

St. Louis stadium plan faces new political opposition

hee hee.

Wow, the folks over at KTRISTL are going absolutely zombie on each other. They are at each others throats, but still manage to call us trolls. Thing is, some of them feel that this is over, while others believe that this just reaffirms their belief that the team will stay in St. Louis. Tonight, Fred Roggin played an audio clip of Mike Florio, who says that it is the Rams and Chargers in Inglewood. I hope this is it, I can't wait for our beloved RAMS to return and put that 50th year in the books. Great work to all of you who have spent so much of your time and efforts to make this once small glimmer of hope, a full fledged movement that has been tracking on National media outlets and sports shows from coast to coast. GO L.A. RAMS 2016!

https://www.facebook.com/losangelesrams/posts/10152960959195981?comment_tracking={"tn":"O"}

Last edited:
good read.

I still say Spanos has ZERO intention of joining Rams in Inglewood. He would get DEMOLISHED and he knows it. His original hope may've been to go L.A. while the Rams always remained in St. Louis. He would've won over the L.A. market if L.A. was resigned that Rams were NEVER coming back. While also keeping a healthy amount of San Diego fans. Once Stan made his move, Deano moved onto Plan B, teaming with Raiders in Carson defeating Stan + keeping Rams out. Now thats out. Dean has NO intention of sharing with the Rams L.A. MONSTER, at this point, he's simply holding out for a portion of Stan's re-lo fee. Dean does'nt have the BALLS to compete w Rams in L.A.!!!

I hope your right. why would he want to always be second fiddle? and if the rams move next season won't they get that head start in LA? where would the chargers play the next two years? at the stub hub? again, second fiddle, the rose bowl? they said they don't want the NFL, stay in san diego? then move in with the rams later? again, second fiddle. he can't want that

L.A. would've only accepted Chargers if Rams werent comin back. With Rams back, Chargers are irrelevant in L.A. Gay-Boy Dean will Stay in S.D.

breaking news on Rams returning to LA.:banana:

FordEver Frank Jr. | Facebook

jim everetts take on rams return to LA.

Jim Everett

Frank sit down .. great listen seg 6

The Press Box 8/27/15 > insideSTL.com - St. Louis Sports, Music, Entertainment and Nightlife > The Press Box with Frank Cusumano presented by Lindenwood University - Weekdays from 10A-12P on CBS Sports 920

Look, everything that Fred Roggin has been telling us is now being said by the national media. And what that is, is the Rams and Chargers in Inglewood. Just like Roggin has said for the last several months. I've talked to a newsman who has been covering this in depth and he believes it will be the Rams in LA.

I would never go and read anything on Rams Talk on the STL Today site because most of those posters are pro-St Louis. We've all seen for our selves over the last 2 years the wild and crazy stuff people can dream up and say. Stick to those who have been giving it to you strait and you'll be fine. Consider the source when you read stuff and where you read it.

Last edited:
EXCELLENT OBJECTIVE ARTICLE.:beer:

Ranking The Raiders' Future Options And Forecasting The NFL's Los Angeles Moves - Mark Purdy

http://www.insidestl.com/…/a…/18787/The-Press-Box-82715.aspxFrank sit down .. great listen seg 6

Most realistic point made by a STL media type since this all started.

Wow. Great listen. Joe Straus does a good job of shooting down the St. Louis talking points. I especially liked this quote:

"Twenty years ago people had no compunction against Georgia Frontiere casting her eye East to bring the Rams to St. Louis and in an effort to do so cut a very iffy deal with the franchise in which they gave away the store. Now current ownership is raiding the store again and people seem to have an issue with it. I just kinda wonder where the consistency is."

Last edited:
surprising which NFL team owns west coast.

Sports: Which Football Team Owns the West Coast?

empty like crazy.lol

Jamie Hodges - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

SUCH an abomination watching our Rams play in this Dark, Dank, Dungeon while wearing maybe the UGLIEST uniforms in the sport, while the Rams true History is playing in Bright, Brilliant, California Sunshine while wearing the best-looking uniforms in the sport. Please Stan, rertore our Great + Proud team to our True Destiny. A Large, Sunshiney Joyous Stadium while wearing Sharp, Beautiful uni's + Helmets that are the ENVY of the League.

amen to that.

Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams - FordEver Frank Jr. | Facebook

Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams
hee hee.

Eric Bullard - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

EJD 1/3 full, counting Colts fans, for the game today.

Edit: 1/4? 1/5? Nice job, St Louis.

Been watching on my 10 foot satellite dish (colts feed)
EMPTY all game!
Andre Meerten - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Stu Onzz - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

St. Louis excusing their poor showing at home tonight due to relocation talk. Here in San Diego there are lot of fans at Qualcomm for tonight's Chargers, Seahawks game.

37,460 empty seats is what it looks like. I see maybe 2000 to 2500 people in the dome. Crazy! Bring them home. LA RAMS!

Danny Rojas - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Iam Mike S - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Darren Smith - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Last edited:
comedy gold from joe buck.hee hee.

The apathy phase arrives for many in St. Louis

Trust Al Michaels? Mentioned NFL to LA Committee meeting in September and Special Owners Meeting in October. Furthermore, he said someone he knows that is very involved with the process advised him something will be done in October.

Cris Collinsworth spoke to Mark Davis. He said he is willing to stay in Oakland with $200 million G4 loan, $200 million in PSLs, and $100 million out of pocket if Oakland is willing to work with him. His intent is to stay in Oakland.

Plus....

Oakland fans, who have watched them in Oakland for 40+ years, are filling up their stadium for preseason games.

San Diego fans, who have watched them in Sam Diego for 50+ years, are filling up their stadium for preseason games.

We, the NFL community, and Stan know how Oxnard scrimmages went. Fans who watched the Rams play in LA for almost 50 years showed up and were seen and heard.

St. Louis? After 20 years, the worst turnout ever for a preseason game in the Dome on Saturday. 15-20k fans by some estimates.

Who is showing support for their team? Hmmmmm.........

FordEver Frank Jr. | Facebook

Last edited:

Forum List

Back