Expert: President Trump can issue executive order stopping family separations at the border

Political scientist Larry Sabato notes:
"Good for you, Melania. Now ask your husband to issue an executive order to stop this cruel policy. POTUS can end it TODAY. No need for Congress to act."
Larry Sabato on Twitter
The separating of children from their illegal migrant parents is part of an actual law; congress would have to actually change the law.

No it is not.

https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2016/07/06/15-56434.pdf

Enforcing the law is a new policy?

Sad that you would admit that.
Enforcing it with zero tolerance and extreme punishment is the issue and the new directive from Trump. Stop playing the games, we all know what’s going on
Why should we have a "tolerance" for people breaking the law? What the fuck is "extreme punishment?" The kids are housed, fed, schooled, entertained and treated better than they were treated in Mexico.

Who do you think you're fooling?
I don’t think I’m foolong anybody just stating my opinion and laying out the facts. Facts are that Trump instituted a stricter policy of enforcement than was in the past. That has cause the controversy that we are now discussing. So how am I trying to fool anybody with that statement?
In other words, you're admitting that Obama refused to enforce the law.

Thanks for playing.

No. He refused to take babies from their parents.

Oh, like he gave a shit. What he refused was to enforce the law against people crossing the border illegally. If you're looking for us to cheer Obama on as a "human rights hero" for releasing illegals into our country in job lots, you're barking up the wrong tree, Fido.

2008: The Alien Transfer Exit Program.

To be clear: the Obama administration’s use of ATEP was not intended to break-up families–that was an occasionally expected side effect–while Trump’s recently-confirmed policy is expressly directed toward that end in the name of “deterrence.”

https://lawandcrime.com/immigration...separated-children-from-their-families-too-2/

Good. Not like you even give a shit about the “children”.

I don't think you can say what I care about. Every time Trump fucks up you punks blaming Obama. Trump has bragged about ending every other Obama policy and you maggots have to. So why now is Trump supposedly fine with adopting a Obama policy?

Because it's not one.

Actually, it's because THIS one has the force of law, rather than being an illegally-issued executive order.

Noticeably, Trump enforces other Obama policies which have the force of law, until such time as he can have it changed PROPERLY. That is how the Presidency is supposed to work.

"Good for you, Melania. Now ask your husband to issue an executive order to stop this cruel policy. POTUS can end it TODAY. No need for Congress to act."
Larry Sabato on Twitter

Um, no he can’t. This is what token negro did, tried to use his pen and phone, but only made a bigger mess. I find it odd that you libtards are so keen to surround these “children” with molesters and murderers by putting them in jail with their parents.

There was no token negro. And this is a Trump policy.

Enforcing the law is, and as BriPat said before, it's sad and pathetic that enforcing the law is such a new thing, and that you leftists admit it.

Gee. Obama could have done the same thing.

Don't see any of you complaining about Barry and those separated children.

Hypocrisy much???
If you actually understood immigration policy, you would know these types of cases would be mostly settled in civil court and not criminal court. Thus, kids could stay with their parents. The rare cases it was tried in a criminal case is because the parents were guilty of criminal crimes. Under Obama, it was rare to try those types of cases.
tried in civil law means they are released into America where we don't want them to be. Then they don't show up for trial and they don't show up for deportation. So that way doesn't work. Therefore we need to come up with a new way to guarantee they show up for deportation. Or better a better way to insure they never get into our country in the first place.

8-14-12-illegal-immigration.jpg

Ah, leftist idiocy at its finest. Never wonder why it is the voters rejected everything you stand for.

Hypocrisy much???
If you actually understood immigration policy, you would know these types of cases would be mostly settled in civil court and not criminal court. Thus, kids could stay with their parents. The rare cases it was tried in a criminal case is because the parents were guilty of criminal crimes. Under Obama, it was rare to try those types of cases.
tried in civil law means they are released into America where we don't want them to be. Then they don't show up for trial and they don't show up for deportation. So that way doesn't work. Therefore we need to come up with a new way to guarantee they show up for deportation. Or better a better way to insure they never get into our country in the first place.

That makes no sense. How was immigration "illegal" because indians were here?

To explain that, they would have to understand what a sovereign nation is, and what laws are. They can do neither.

Except both of you are wrong -- this is a new policy -- if you don't believe me..Ask Pastor Jeff Sessions

Obama didn't split up families as policy -- when people keep saying that, they are lying....

Ask Jeff Sessions, he admits its his policy and he admits he uses it as a deterrent -- it just backfired and now they are relying on folks like you to blame on the black guy, per usual....

Sessions admits policy is a deterrent

Enforcing the law is a new policy?

Sad that you would admit that.
Enforcing it with zero tolerance and extreme punishment is the issue and the new directive from Trump. Stop playing the games, we all know what’s going on
Why should we have a "tolerance" for people breaking the law? What the fuck is "extreme punishment?" The kids are housed, fed, schooled, entertained and treated better than they were treated in Mexico.

Who do you think you're fooling?
I don’t think I’m foolong anybody just stating my opinion and laying out the facts. Facts are that Trump instituted a stricter policy of enforcement than was in the past. That has cause the controversy that we are now discussing. So how am I trying to fool anybody with that statement?

And by "Trump instituted a stricter policy of enforcement than was in the past" you mean he began to truly enforce the law.

Pretty much ANY enforcement would be a stricter policy than Obama had.

Hypocrisy much???

It makes plenty of sense if you have a fully functioning brain.

In other words, you're too dishonest to admit it when you're called out on your empty, meaningless appeals to hysteria.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Aaaand let me guess, none of the leftists on this board are satisfied with the executive order Trump just signed.

Get a clue. They never will be. They don't want them incarcerated with their parents, they don't want them separated. What other option is there? Let them go?

We already tried that.
Remember when Trump lovers said that only Democrats can stop this?

In other words, you're too dishonest to admit it when you're called out on your empty, meaningless appeals to hysteria.
The 34 consecutive comments you made tells me that Trump signing this EO gave you the "sads"

Aaaand let me guess, none of the leftists on this board are satisfied with the executive order Trump just signed.

Get a clue. They never will be. They don't want them incarcerated with their parents, they don't want them separated. What other option is there? Let them go?

We already tried that.
Deport all of them.

Larry Sabato on Twitter

"political scientist" is a euphemism meaning "commie propagandist." Any such order would violate the Constitution.
Your comment didn’t age well.
Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border

No, Bri will be correct IF this becomes a long-term thing, rather than a temporary stopgap measure followed up by Congressional legislation. Please note that Congress IS drafting legislation to change the law . . . and please note that the law which needs to be changed is 100% the responsibility of LEFTISTS.

We already tried that.
Deport all of them.
Kill em all, then deport em!!!!

No it means that what I said is understood by anyone with a fully functional; brain.

Larry Sabato on Twitter

Um, no he can’t. This is what token negro did, tried to use his pen and phone, but only made a bigger mess. I find it odd that you libtards are so keen to surround these “children” with molesters and murderers by putting them in jail with their parents.

Enforcing the law is, and as BriPat said before, it's sad and pathetic that enforcing the law is such a new thing, and that you leftists admit it.

Then enforce the law on the white ass euros who are here on visa overstays.

Larry Sabato on Twitter

Then enforce the law on the white ass euros who are here on visa overstays.
Are they collecting welfare, not paying their hospital bills, or otherwise a drag on society?

No it means that what I said is understood by anyone with a fully functional; brain.

Everyone with a fully functional brain thinks that the Mayflower were illegal immigrants equivalent to illegal immigrants crossing the border today.

Ideologues. Sheesh ...

We already tried that.

No, shitforbrains, we said only CONGRESS can stop this. THEN we pointed out that many Democrats are members of Congress, and could propose legislation IF they really cared as much as they say.

Noticeably, it is the REPUBLICANS who are proposing legislation.

The 34 consecutive comments you made tells me that Trump signing this EO gave you the "sads"

Nope. Not as long as it's a temporary measure until permanent legislation is passed (which, as I have noted, REPUBLICANS have proposed. I also note that Democrats haven't done a fucking thing except wail and wring their hands).

Oh, I know what you're trying to say, but since you're utterly full of shit, it actually translates out into a meaningless appeal to hysteria. I'll admit I might have overestimated you in assuming you knew you had nothing. I apologize for not recognizing the depth of your ignorance.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back