‘Explosive documents’ connect Christie, bridge scandal

Fence is built.

When does the IRS law get enforced?

Fence is not built and the IRS law will be implemented when someone does not pay the penalty because they can not afford to buy the government mandated HMO insurance.

Looks built to me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfVENwfeGHw]Does the Border Fence work? - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...XtpP46Ys6zR3JQEg215eJyw&bvm=bv.59026428,d.aWc
Obama Administration Deported Record 1.5 Million People : It's All Politics : NPR

And it looks like Obama kicked people out of this country at a faster clip than Bush.

There's no satisfying you people.

Stateline ? Arizona?s State Border Fence Still Faces Obstacles After Two Years of Prep

Arizona’s Border Fence Still Faces Obstacles

By Daniel C. Vock, Staff Writer

U.S. Border Patrol agents near Naco, Ariz. drive along a fence at the U.S.-Mexican border designed to keep out illegal immigrants. An Arizona state senator says a plan for the state to build its own border fence will be unveiled in a few weeks. (AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin)
After nearly two years of preparation, an Arizona state senator says a plan will be unveiled in a few weeks to build a fence along the border with Mexico to keep out illegal immigrants.

State Sen. Steve Smith, a Republican, said the plan will be disclosed after a legal review is complete. “We have a strategy in place. We have a contractor in place. We have a provider in place,” he said.

Anybody else as shocked as I am?

MSM Gives Christie Bridge Scandal 17-Times More Coverage In One Day Than IRS Scandal In 6 Months…

cbs_nbc_abc_logo_slice-550x183.jpg

Why yes, liberal media bias is a myth.

Via Newsbusters:

In less than 24 hours, the big three networks have devoted 17 times more coverage to a traffic scandal involving Chris Christie than they’ve allowed in the last six months to Barack Obama’s Internal Revenue Service controversy. Since the story broke on Wednesday that aides to the New Jersey governor punished a local mayor’s lack of endorsement with a massive traffic jam, ABC, CBS and NBC have responded with 34 minutes and 28 seconds of coverage. Since July 1, these same networks managed a scant two minutes and eight seconds for the IRS targeting of Tea Party groups.

In contrast, journalists such as Good Morning America’s George Stephanopoulos pounced on the developing Christie story. The GMA host opened the program on Thursday by announcing, “Chris Christie in crisis. Calls at this hour for the feds to step in, investigate the explosive e-mails.”

Christie did give a good performance, I'll give him that. He took on the questions for a marathon run, and that is part of his charm. As to his involvement, I've come to the conclusion, he is in the thick of it.

There's just no way the aide had that kind of authority to give that order to Wildstein.

Maddow last night posited an alternate theory that colors the vendetta from not a retaliation for non-endorsement, but for another imbroglio regarding some rather stunning moves Christie made with Supreme Court justices -- and the NJ Senate president - who represents: Fort Lee.

Her name is Loretta Weinberg, and in 2011, Christie urged reporters to "take a bat to" her.

Anyway, for some bizarre reason, for the first time in NJ history, Christie canned one of the SC Justices in 2010 - []- NJ.com.

It really incensed the dems. So they refused to confirm his next pick. And then his next pick, and his next...Fire was going on regarding this SC battle.

Well, it appears, on Aug 12, 2012 (remember that date) -- was the last straw, when Christie removed from renomination another Supreme Court justice (Helen Hoens) (who is married to a Christie staffer). This is a woman he liked, but he was so mad at Senate Democrats - he canned her. That afternoon he gave the stunning news and late in the day, pulled together a huffy press conference and said:

"I was not going to let her loose to the animals." Yes, Christie called the Senate Democrats animals. He also added: "What the ramifications would be for that going forward, [Senate Democrats] should have thought about before opening their mouths."

Now, go back to the date Bridget gave the "Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee" order.

That would be the very.next.morning. August 13th. Before 8AM.

Plausible cause? As the saying goes: We report, you decide.

Now you are just taking the "cooked spaghetti" approach to this. You are basically throwing anything against the wall, and see if something sticks. Its a tactic worthy of the mouth breathers in the Conspiracy Theory Zone.

To hear Maddow explain it, here is the video:

Skip to about 9:00 to get to the juice of it for the short take:

Is Chris Christie's Supreme Court War With Democrats Behind Bridgeghazi?

From the video:

“Roughly 12 hours after Governor Christie blows up at Senate Democrats, and torpedoes the career of a Supreme Court justice who he likes, because he says the Senate Democrats are animals and he’s not going to let that Justice loose to those animals, the leader of those animals in the Senate sees her district get the order of destruction from Governor Christie’s Deputy Chief of Staff.

Or maybe it was about that endorsement.”

Let's look at it like this, a friend of mine pointed this out to me on Facebook a few minutes ago:

A liberal like Ted Kennedy can drive a woman off a bridge, serve nearly five decades in the Senate and be hailed as a courageous leader and a hero. But if a Republican shuts down a bridge, leftists are ready to tar and feather the man. Furthermore lest we forget what Obama himself did to our tourists and veterans after Republicans shut down the government, hoping they would take a hit politically. Just a burning question: but why is what Christie (or his aides) did any different?

Christie isn't my first choice for C in C, granted, but hey he's acted like one by firing people responsible for this. Which is more than you can say for the Obama administration. Has Obama fired anyone at the IRS? Has Obama fired anyone at the State Department for Benghazi? Has Obama fired anyone at the Justice Department for Fast and Furious? The answer would be no, no and no.

Forgive me for saying so, but something just isn't right here at all.

Why such effusive praise for Christie firing these people?

Their emails convicted them. Firing them at that point was easy.

God almighty Kosh...

You have been on the board for a year now and you still can't make a relevant post. Why do you even bother?

Leftwing propaganda
Leftwing propaganda
Leftwing propaganda

It's trolling that he can get away with.

I respect a good troll

When done correctly, it can be witty and humorous. The key to a good troll is that he pisses people off and gets pages of outrage in response.

Kosh is just a broken record. Been there, done that. He fails to get a rise out of anyone. Even our rightwing posters ignore the guy. I just don't see why the guy bothers

The irony of those comments!

So that means I should follow your trolling habits?

No the far left posters are the ones that get upset as I will call them out for their propaganda as they are incapable of any kind of discussion.

Rehashing and reusing comments from 10 years ago as "witty" is hardly that.

But you keep thinking posting the same propaganda over and over again (no matter how it is worded) is "witty" then by all means.

Otherwise it is just trolling to post the same debunked far left talking points/propaganda again and again.

Last edited:
I am in no way a Christie fan, but isn't it interesting when you look at how he handled it. Within 2 days of the scandal, he found out who lied to him and fired her immediately. Susan Rice goes on 5 different network shows and lies over 4 Amercians killed while pleading for help, and she gets promoted.
Also, in the last 48 hours, the MSM has given 17 times more time coverage to the Bridge closing, than it has to the Obama IRS scandal over 6 months.

A very striking difference between Big Ears handling his many scandals and Christie's handling his. BO never takes responsibility. He blames W, Rs, TP, or some made up thing like a video.

Did BO fire anyone for Fast & Furious?
Did BO fire anyone for the IRS scandal?
Did BO fire anyone for the Obamacare website debacle?
Did BO fire anyone for Bengahzi?
Did BO fire anyone for the NSA scandal?
Did BO fire anyone for the failures of his energy policies ie, green companies?
Did BO fire anyone for the sad state of the economy...big banks bigger, rich get richer, high unemployment, 1/3 of Americans on some form of government assistance, exploding national debt, etc............

and on and on.........

None of these were scandals.

They were conflations of the Conservatives in congress seeking to take down the American government.

Sure thing....but the Christie thing IS a scandal.

Can you spell HYPOCRISY?

So what your saying, is that after a law was passed separating the IRS from the executive office, and with BUSH appointees in place..Obama was able to circumvent both and have the IRS "investigate" tea party groups..who by the way were ILLEGALLY involved in political actions and "stall" their tax exempt status, which by LAW they never should have received anyway. Right?

It was that the Supreme Court put up the ridiculous Citizen's United decision and the IRS was flooded with requests with Tax exempt requests and was trying to get a handle on it.

The REAL scandal is that the LAW is not being followed.

The LAW states that these groups CANNOT be involved in political activity.

NO ONE..has tried to enforce that.

Let me type reeeeeeal slow... what I'm saying is , one person gets fired for lying on a scandal closing a bridge, another gets promoted after lying on a scandal killing for Americans pleading for help.

Who was fired after David Foy was murdered?

Was there even a Republican calling for an investigation?

Were you?

How does that change my point? Who was caught lying and needed to be fired? Try to stay on topic

Christie did give a good performance, I'll give him that. He took on the questions for a marathon run, and that is part of his charm. As to his involvement, I've come to the conclusion, he is in the thick of it.

There's just no way the aide had that kind of authority to give that order to Wildstein.

Maddow last night posited an alternate theory that colors the vendetta from not a retaliation for non-endorsement, but for another imbroglio regarding some rather stunning moves Christie made with Supreme Court justices -- and the NJ Senate president - who represents: Fort Lee.

Her name is Loretta Weinberg, and in 2011, Christie urged reporters to "take a bat to" her.

Anyway, for some bizarre reason, for the first time in NJ history, Christie canned one of the SC Justices in 2010 - []- NJ.com.

It really incensed the dems. So they refused to confirm his next pick. And then his next pick, and his next...Fire was going on regarding this SC battle.

Well, it appears, on Aug 12, 2012 (remember that date) -- was the last straw, when Christie removed from renomination another Supreme Court justice (Helen Hoens) (who is married to a Christie staffer). This is a woman he liked, but he was so mad at Senate Democrats - he canned her. That afternoon he gave the stunning news and late in the day, pulled together a huffy press conference and said:

"I was not going to let her loose to the animals." Yes, Christie called the Senate Democrats animals. He also added: "What the ramifications would be for that going forward, [Senate Democrats] should have thought about before opening their mouths."

Now, go back to the date Bridget gave the "Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee" order.

Now you are just taking the "cooked spaghetti" approach to this. You are basically throwing anything against the wall, and see if something sticks. Its a tactic worthy of the mouth breathers in the Conspiracy Theory Zone.

It's already "stuck".

This is just the beginning. These are Christie's people. He's in contact with them daily.

To hear Maddow explain it, here is the video:

Skip to about 9:00 to get to the juice of it for the short take:

Is Chris Christie's Supreme Court War With Democrats Behind Bridgeghazi?

From the video:

“Roughly 12 hours after Governor Christie blows up at Senate Democrats, and torpedoes the career of a Supreme Court justice who he likes, because he says the Senate Democrats are animals and he’s not going to let that Justice loose to those animals, the leader of those animals in the Senate sees her district get the order of destruction from Governor Christie’s Deputy Chief of Staff.

Or maybe it was about that endorsement.”

Your spagetti needs some more time in the pot, nothing is sticking.

Let's look at it like this, a friend of mine pointed this out to me on Facebook a few minutes ago:

A liberal like Ted Kennedy can drive a woman off a bridge, serve nearly five decades in the Senate and be hailed as a courageous leader and a hero. But if a Republican shuts down a bridge, leftists are ready to tar and feather the man. Furthermore lest we forget what Obama himself did to our tourists and veterans after Republicans shut down the government, hoping they would take a hit politically. Just a burning question: but why is what Christie (or his aides) did any different?

Christie isn't my first choice for C in C, granted, but hey he's acted like one by firing people responsible for this. Which is more than you can say for the Obama administration. Has Obama fired anyone at the IRS? Has Obama fired anyone at the State Department for Benghazi? Has Obama fired anyone at the Justice Department for Fast and Furious? The answer would be no, no and no.

Why?

Because the "MSM" actually likes Christie and wants this to die.

It won't.

:lol:

It's already "stuck".

This is just the beginning. These are Christie's people. He's in contact with them daily.

We get another document dump this morning. More than likely it will quash your speculation, but since, like most progressives, you have made up your mind already, and are now filling in the "proof" to back up said position, I don't expect you to realize the truth.

Because Obama would have promoted them as the bulk of the media looked the other way.

And can I if you please ask why you conservatives are defending this bag of shit who threw the election?

Just pm me and explain why you are jumping in to defend this asshole?
A couple of questions if you please.

1) Why do you think Chris Christie made the difference in the 2012 election?

2) Are you angry with Christies because he is a Republican yet did not let his partisanship turn Hurricane Sandy relief into a political issue?

3) Should partisanship trump service to constituents especially during a disaster?

Anybody else as shocked as I am?

MSM Gives Christie Bridge Scandal 17-Times More Coverage In One Day Than IRS Scandal In 6 Months…

cbs_nbc_abc_logo_slice-550x183.jpg

Why yes, liberal media bias is a myth.

Via Newsbusters:

In less than 24 hours, the big three networks have devoted 17 times more coverage to a traffic scandal involving Chris Christie than they’ve allowed in the last six months to Barack Obama’s Internal Revenue Service controversy. Since the story broke on Wednesday that aides to the New Jersey governor punished a local mayor’s lack of endorsement with a massive traffic jam, ABC, CBS and NBC have responded with 34 minutes and 28 seconds of coverage. Since July 1, these same networks managed a scant two minutes and eight seconds for the IRS targeting of Tea Party groups.

In contrast, journalists such as Good Morning America’s George Stephanopoulos pounced on the developing Christie story. The GMA host opened the program on Thursday by announcing, “Chris Christie in crisis. Calls at this hour for the feds to step in, investigate the explosive e-mails.”

You're naive to think that media bias is the reason for that. Ratings are the reason.

Because Obama would have promoted them as the bulk of the media looked the other way.

Who did Obama ever promote after emails emerged that for all practical purposes convicted them of grievous wrongdoing?

Got a link to that?

Are you saying that's not the law?

United States federal tax law, specifically Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. § 501(c)), exempts certain types of nonprofit organizations from having to pay federal income tax. The statutory language of IRC 501(c)(4) generally requires civic organizations described in that section to be "operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare". Treasury regulations interpreting this statutory language apply a more relaxed standard, namely, that the organization "is operated primarily for the purpose of bringing about civic betterments and social improvements."[9] As a result, the IRS traditionally has permitted organizations described in IRC 501(c)(4) to engage in lobbying and political campaign activities if those activities are not the organization's primary activity.[10]

What I'm saying is you are not saying what the law actually is (big surprise, coming from you) that 501(c)(4) organizations cannot have lobbying and political campaigning as their PRIMARY activity.

Bullshit.

Internal Revenue Service agents have been struggling to do their jobs–which have been made essentially impossible by an incorrect interpretation of the law that the IRS made in 1959. It was then that the IRS changed the language of the law without any authority to do so. Here is how the tax law was written in its latest update in 1954 on 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations. The 501(c)(4) designation was to apply only to: “Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare.”
IRS illegally reinterpreted 501(c)(4) law regulating ?social welfare? organizations | The Secular Jurist

The law and IRS regulations do not comport.

THAT'S the real scandal.

I watched Christie yesterday and one thing that stood out was when he said.....What possible motive would there be to punish the mayor of Ft Lee? He was off my radar and I didn't ask for or need his endorsement

It makes sense

But I have lived in Jersey long enough to know that political paybacks are a bitch From the beginning, I have thought there was another reason and it may be something that happened a year ago that pissed off Christie or his staff

The investigation is just starting and the pieces will start to fall into place. The key question will be...Why did you shut down the lanes and who requested it?

Because the mayor didn't endorse Christie does not seem like a good reason

Forum List

Back