‘Explosive documents’ connect Christie, bridge scandal

It's not going to the US House, but it has been referred to the US Senate for an investigation, (that was back in December) and the US Attorney's office has opened an investigation.

So it's gone beyond a state matter.

Shame CC didn't nip it in the bud, eh bud?

U.S. Attorney? The street gang run by Eric Holder?

BdoqChPIMAA91XE.jpg:large

I don't think all the facts in this case will ever be known for certain.

The whole thing smells to high heaven, though.

As stated by the WSJ, compared to the IRS Obama scandal, the Christie scandal equates to jaywalking.

But the left media shows its typical hypocrisy/double standard...and Obama drones are blind to it. They are played by the left media time after time after time.........................

Shades of Chicago thuggery:

Top Christie Staff Sought Lane Closings as Revenge

Using vital thoroughfares to lean on people for endorsements?

The emails indicate that Mr. Christie’s staff and his associates at the Port Authority were closely aware of the political context. Mr. Christie, a Republican, was leaning on local Democratic officials to endorse his re-election bid so that he could then seek his party’s presidential nominationby arguing that he was the candidate who could attract bipartisan support in a blue state.

Mr. Christie won re-election in November by 22 points, and instantly became a leading candidate for his party’s presidential nomination by winning across many demographic groups. His campaign boasted that he had been endorsed by more than 50 local Democratic officials.

But the documents released Wednesday underscore what Republicans as well as Democrats in New Jersey have long said about the governor: that he is a bully who wields fear and favor to get what he wants, and lashes out at even the smallest perceived slights.

During the campaign, as Mr. Christie and his associates leaned on Democratic local officials for endorsements, many mayors whispered that they feared the governor would withhold money or favor if they did not go along. Even Republican lawmakers who have supported Mr. Christie tell stories of being punished when he perceived them as not supporting him enough.

So liberals are up in arms about this stupid crap? How many people died as a result of it?

Yet libs will give Hilary a pass on her Benghazi failure and say she is worthy of being President.

We have a President and staff that lied through their fucking teeth about the death of four Americans but OMG Christie caused a traffic jam, hang'em high.

I don't think all the facts in this case will ever be known for certain.

The whole thing smells to high heaven, though.

As stated by the WSJ, compared to the IRS Obama scandal, the Christie scandal equates to jaywalking.

But the left media shows its typical hypocrisy/double standard...and Obama drones are blind to it. They are played by the left media time after time after time.........................

and the delicious thing is that every time the bleat about Christie's "scandal", everyone is reminded of how they have tried to deflect from Obama's "non-scandals" LMAO!! Does a deer caught in headlights look more startled than her???? LOL![ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2hrbvvauRQ]Don Lemon GRILLS DNC Head: Why Is Christie Suspicious if He Denies Involvement but Not Obama? - YouTube[/ame]

Let me type reeeeeeal slow... what I'm saying is , one person gets fired for lying on a scandal closing a bridge, another gets promoted after lying on a scandal killing for Americans pleading for help.

Who was fired after David Foy was murdered?

Was there even a Republican calling for an investigation?

Were you?

How does that change my point? Who was caught lying and needed to be fired? Try to stay on topic

Not to mention the fact that Foy was killed by a car bomb. He's always bringing Foy up. NO warnings on that like at Benghazi.

Swallow is a partisan hack.

Shades of Chicago thuggery:

Top Christie Staff Sought Lane Closings as Revenge

Using vital thoroughfares to lean on people for endorsements?

The emails indicate that Mr. Christie’s staff and his associates at the Port Authority were closely aware of the political context. Mr. Christie, a Republican, was leaning on local Democratic officials to endorse his re-election bid so that he could then seek his party’s presidential nominationby arguing that he was the candidate who could attract bipartisan support in a blue state.

Mr. Christie won re-election in November by 22 points, and instantly became a leading candidate for his party’s presidential nomination by winning across many demographic groups. His campaign boasted that he had been endorsed by more than 50 local Democratic officials.

But the documents released Wednesday underscore what Republicans as well as Democrats in New Jersey have long said about the governor: that he is a bully who wields fear and favor to get what he wants, and lashes out at even the smallest perceived slights.

During the campaign, as Mr. Christie and his associates leaned on Democratic local officials for endorsements, many mayors whispered that they feared the governor would withhold money or favor if they did not go along. Even Republican lawmakers who have supported Mr. Christie tell stories of being punished when he perceived them as not supporting him enough.

So liberals are up in arms about this stupid crap? How many people died as a result of it?

Yet libs will give Hilary a pass on her Benghazi failure and say she is worthy of being President.

We have a President and staff that lied through their fucking teeth about the death of four Americans but OMG Christie caused a traffic jam, hang'em high.

It's a scandal!!!! LMAO!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2hrbvvauRQ]Don Lemon GRILLS DNC Head: Why Is Christie Suspicious if He Denies Involvement but Not Obama? - YouTube[/ame]

Why do I keep hearing people praise Christie for 'taking responsibility'?

Taking responsibility for what?

The act of sabotaging bridge traffic for political purposes? He didn't take responsibility for that.

He made it as clear as he could that he was in no way responsible for that.

Christie made the obligatory "buck stops here" statements and apologized for what his office did.

He did not accept any personal blame or admit there was anything he would have done differently
This thing is not over. They are just scratching the surface of "why" it happened. It was no traffic study and had nothing to do with the election

He admitted he wouldnt have made that joke about him moving cones if he knew the truth.

Or, the other scenario is,

he wouldn't have made that joke if he had known that his crew was idiotic enough to leave a big ass papertrail of evidence leading back to them.

Christie made the obligatory "buck stops here" statements and apologized for what his office did.

He did not accept any personal blame or admit there was anything he would have done differently
This thing is not over. They are just scratching the surface of "why" it happened. It was no traffic study and had nothing to do with the election

He admitted he wouldnt have made that joke about him moving cones if he knew the truth.

he wouldn't have made that joke if he had known that his crew was idiotic enough to leave a big ass papertrail of evidence leading back to them.

Never attribute to malice that which can also be explained by stupidity.

So what your saying, is that after a law was passed separating the IRS from the executive office, and with BUSH appointees in place..Obama was able to circumvent both and have the IRS "investigate" tea party groups..who by the way were ILLEGALLY involved in political actions and "stall" their tax exempt status, which by LAW they never should have received anyway. Right?

It was that the Supreme Court put up the ridiculous Citizen's United decision and the IRS was flooded with requests with Tax exempt requests and was trying to get a handle on it.

The REAL scandal is that the LAW is not being followed.

The LAW states that these groups CANNOT be involved in political activity.

NO ONE..has tried to enforce that.

Let me type reeeeeeal slow... what I'm saying is , one person gets fired for lying on a scandal closing a bridge, another gets promoted after lying on a scandal killing for Americans pleading for help.

Were you?

It was because of a video

The act of sabotaging bridge traffic for political purposes? He didn't take responsibility for that.

I know, right? The party and the party media worked up a huge campaign to destroy a threat to party power, and it just fizzled....

Go on and have a good cry now, while hugging your Official NY Times - Josef Goebbels stuffed doll!

I suppose that random collection of words means something to you, but that aside, back to the question...

What exactly did he take full responsibility for?

Being, as he alleges, blameless?

wow, that was big of him.

Never attribute to malice that which can also be explained by stupidity.

He's innocent until proven guilty. That doesn't make him immune to being a suspect.

I know, right? The party and the party media worked up a huge campaign to destroy a threat to party power, and it just fizzled....

Go on and have a good cry now, while hugging your Official NY Times - Josef Goebbels stuffed doll!

I suppose that random collection of words means something to you, but that aside, back to the question...

What exactly did he take full responsibility for?

Being, as he alleges, blameless?

wow, that was big of him.

Christie took full responsibility for the actions of the rogue agent in the Cincinnati office who was inflamed to anger after watching an anti-Muslim video; in fact, Christie only learned about the incident after reading the news of his presser this morning

Were you?

It was because of a video

David Foy was involved in a car accident with a suicide bomber in Pakistan. No dispute of the facts has ever existed, therefore no need for an investigation.

Every single municipality will try to quash any lawsuit based on traffic. It would be a nightmare, as every pothole crew out would cause a flurry of lawsuits.

This wasn't a pothole crew.

This was a specific political punishment.

That's already been established.

The information released still does not have the order from anyone to anyone to do the lane closures. all it has is snarky commentary from the woman Christie fired, but no official order. And the reason behind the punishment hasnt even been made clear yet, lefties like paperview are going the CT route by espousing multiple self conflicting theories and seeing what sticks.

Give it a rest.

This won't end with the firing.

Forum List

Back