Facebook's Algorithm: A Major Threat to Public Health

Conspiracy theories and COVID disinformation is killing people. Our president enables and amplifies these nuts. Step up Facebook. A bridge too far to believe Donald will change and cut it out with the lies - But STEP UP Republicans!

• Facebook is failing to keep people safe and informed during the pandemic.
    • Global health misinformation spreading networks spanning at least five countries generated an estimated 3.8 billion views on Facebook in the last year.
    • Health misinformation spreading websites at the heart of the networks peaked at an estimated 460 million views on Facebook in April 2020, just as the global pandemic was escalating around the world.
    • Content from the top 10 websites spreading health misinformation had almost four times as many estimated views on Facebook as equivalent content from the websites of 10 leading health institutions, such as the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
    • Only 16% of all health misinformation analysed had a warning label from Facebook. Despite their content being fact-checked, the other 84% of articles and posts sampled in this report remain online without warnings.
  • Report reveals top ‘superspreaders’ of health misinformation on Facebook.
    • From RealFarmacy, one of the biggest health misinformation spreading websites, to GreenMedInfo, a website that presents health misinformation as science.
    • On Facebook, public pages act as one of the main engines for sharing content from websites spreading health misinformation, accounting for 43% of the total estimated views.
    • We identified 42 Facebook pages as key drivers of engagement for these top health misinformation spreading websites. They are followed by more than 28 million people and generated an estimated 800 million views.
  • There is a two-step solution to quarantine this infodemic that could reduce belief in misinformation by almost 50% and cut its reach by up to 80%.
    • Step 1: Correct the Record by providing all users who have seen misinformation with independently fact-checked corrections. This could decrease belief in misinformation by an average of almost 50%.
    • Step 2: Detox the Algorithm by downgrading misinformation posts and systematic misinformation actors in users' News Feeds, decreasing their reach by up to 80%.
  • Facebook has yet to effectively apply these solutions at the scale and sophistication needed to defeat this infodemic, despite repeated calls from doctors and health experts to do so.

LOTS Moar:

I've long ago fired Facebook and never was sucked into Twitter.

As it has ever been the case, those who are trying to seize power under less than honorable means will have always attacked those trying to get the truth out as gossipers in misinformation. The OP is a classic case of this.

Please take your meds, and say hello to everyone at your next Qanon meeting. ;)

Conspiracy theories and COVID disinformation is killing people. Our president enables and amplifies these nuts. Step up Facebook. A bridge too far to believe Donald will change and cut it out with the lies - But STEP UP Republicans!

• Global health misinformation spreading networks spanning at least five countries generated an estimated 3.8 billion views on Facebook in the last year.
    • Health misinformation spreading websites at the heart of the networks peaked at an estimated 460 million views on Facebook in April 2020, just as the global pandemic was escalating around the world.
    • Content from the top 10 websites spreading health misinformation had almost four times as many estimated views on Facebook as equivalent content from the websites of 10 leading health institutions, such as the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
    • Only 16% of all health misinformation analysed had a warning label from Facebook. Despite their content being fact-checked, the other 84% of articles and posts sampled in this report remain online without warnings.
    • From RealFarmacy, one of the biggest health misinformation spreading websites, to GreenMedInfo, a website that presents health misinformation as science.
    • On Facebook, public pages act as one of the main engines for sharing content from websites spreading health misinformation, accounting for 43% of the total estimated views.
    • We identified 42 Facebook pages as key drivers of engagement for these top health misinformation spreading websites. They are followed by more than 28 million people and generated an estimated 800 million views.
  • There is a two-step solution to quarantine this infodemic that could reduce belief in misinformation by almost 50% and cut its reach by up to 80%.
    • Step 1: Correct the Record by providing all users who have seen misinformation with independently fact-checked corrections. This could decrease belief in misinformation by an average of almost 50%.
    • Step 2: Detox the Algorithm by downgrading misinformation posts and systematic misinformation actors in users' News Feeds, decreasing their reach by up to 80%.
  • Facebook has yet to effectively apply these solutions at the scale and sophistication needed to defeat this infodemic, despite repeated calls from doctors and health experts to do so.

LOTS Moar:

The algorithms are only used to keep conservative posts from being seen. Especially if you post links.
I almost got banned for posting a link to the U.S. Senate records showing the names of all U.S. Senators and their party in 1860. I thought that was pathetic. How does posting Congressional records and historical FACTS, violate FASCISTbook's Community standards. When they realize how pathetic it looked, they removed my 30 ban, and instead put all posts into their "algorithm" so it couldn't be seen unless someone selects SHOW ALL posts.
They banned me 2 weeks later for posting more historical FACTS about U.S. Senators Hiram Revels (R) and Senator Bruce (R), and what happened to them and black voter's rights after Dems took back power in Washington after reconstruction. FAsCIstBook DemoKKKrats hate teaching U.S. History to their uneducated brainwashed masses.

The algorithms are only used to keep conservative posts from being seen. Especially if you post links.
I almost got banned for posting a link to the U.S. Senate records showing the names of all U.S. Senators and their party in 1860. I thought that was pathetic. How does posting Congressional records and historical FACTS, violate FASCISTbook's Community standards. When they realize how pathetic it looked, they removed my 30 ban, and instead put all posts into their "algorithm" so it couldn't be seen unless someone selects SHOW ALL posts.
They banned me 2 weeks later for posting more historical FACTS about U.S. Senators Hiram Revels (R) and Senator Bruce (R), and what happened to them and black voter's rights after Dems took back power in Washington after reconstruction. FAsCIstBook DemoKKKrats hate teaching U.S. History to their uneducated brainwashed masses.

Debunked Argle-Bargle ^ :icon_rolleyes: You are not believable my friend.

As it has ever been the case, those who are trying to seize power under less than honorable means will have always attacked those trying to get the truth out as gossipers in misinformation. The OP is a classic case of this.

Please take your meds, and say hello to everyone at your next Qanon meeting. ;)

So the only debate point this snowflake can reply with is he wants someone to use DRUGS ENTHUSIASTICALLY, like Obama said he did?
What is your next debate answer? You want him to join you in the CHUNE mobile?

It's not just seizing power- the STUPID project their worst personal traits onto others believing they are making their own light shine brighter-
So you want 45 yeas in office Quid Pro Joe Biden to be booted? Even if he is Democrat's nominee for US Senate in South Carolina, like he said he was running for a few months ago? LOL

Debunk this uneducated and obviously UNINFORMED DemoKKKrat...

1860 Senate members and Party

Alabama

Clement C. Clay, Jr. (D), until January 21, 1861

Benjamin Fitzpatrick (D), until January 21, 1861

Arkansas

2. William K. Sebastian (D)

Robert W. Johnson (D)

Georgia
Robert Toombs (D), until February 4, 1861

Alfred Iverson, Sr. (D), until January 28, 1861

Louisiana

2. Judah P. Benjamin (D), until February 4, 1861

John Slidell (D), until February 4, 1861

Mississippi

1. Jefferson Davis (D), until January 21, 1861

Albert G. Brown (D), until January 12, 1861

North Carolina
Thomas Bragg (D)

Thomas L. Clingman (D)

South Carolina

2. James Chesnut, Jr. (D), until November 10, 1860

James H. Hammond (D), until November 11, 1860

Tennessee

1. Andrew Johnson (D)

Alfred O. P. Nicholson (D), until March 3, 1861

Virginia
James M. Mason (D)

Robert M. T. Hunter (D)

Now do you want to guess why many of these DemoKKKrats only served until 1861, and WHAT HAPPENED?

Remember uneducated Dems, be CIVIL in your answer! LMAO

Since Dr. Love feared responding to my list of 1860 Senate members, and realized he couldn't debate using his use drugs ENTHUSIASTICALLy whine, and admitted that you're uneducated on who U.S. Senator Jefferson Davis (D) was, and FEARED trying to debate that 1960 Senate record, perhaps you want to debate who U.S. Senator Hiram Revels (R) was, or want to debate why so many DemoKKKrats tried to prevent him from being seated in the US Senate? BAHAHAHAAAA

It's not just seizing power- the STUPID project their worst personal traits onto others believing they are making their own light shine brighter-
That is the usual and customary right wing modus operandi.

^Blacks were getting elected in the South. They were good enough and smart enough to get popular support.

Trump hosted secret White House meeting with Facebook CEO
By Justin Wise - 11/21/19 07:29 AM EST

President Trump hosted an undisclosed meeting at the White House with Mark Zuckerberg during the Facebook CEO’s most recent trip to Washington, according to NBC News.
The October meeting, which Facebook confirmed to The Hill, came during the same trip during which Zuckerberg testified before Congress about the platform's new cryptocurrency, Libra. Peter Thiel, a billionaire venture capitalist and Facebook board member, was also in attendance at the White House dinner, NBC News reported.
It remains unclear what was discussed during the meeting, which came at a time when Zuckerberg adamantly worked to defend Facebook's new policy exempting political ads from fact-checking. Zuckerberg gave a speech at Georgetown University standing by Facebook's commitment to free speech during his most recent visit.
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/471443-trump-hosted-secret-white-
house-meeting-with-facebook-ceo-report

uh-huh.

img.png

:113:

Since Dr. Love feared responding to my list of 1860 Senate members, and realized he couldn't debate using his use drugs ENTHUSIASTICALLy whine, and admitted that you're uneducated on who U.S. Senator Jefferson Davis (D) was, and FEARED trying to debate that 1960 Senate record, perhaps you want to debate who U.S. Senator Hiram Revels (R) was, or want to debate why so many DemoKKKrats tried to prevent him from being seated in the US Senate? BAHAHAHAAAA

What in God's name are you blathering about now? I still don't believe you were banned from Facebook for your political opinions. If you stay away from the fake COVID news that Donald barfs up daily, you'll probably be fine.

What in God's name are you blathering about now? I still don't believe you were banned from Facebook for your political opinions. If you stay away from the fake COVID news that Donald barfs up daily, you'll probably be fine.
That's why I'm here, making your uneducated leftist butt squeal like a pig. I was banned for 30 days for posting historical facts about RECONSTRUCTION, and for posting NAMES of US Senators (Revels, and Bruce). And mentioning what DemoKKKrats did for the next 100 years.

LOTS Moar:

People can choose to not get their news from friends on Facebook. Right?

I was also banned for 30 days for posting WORD FOR WORD, a quote from Barrack Obama from the 2012 debates. The Democrat Censors at Facebook lost their minds because it was a news board from NBC trying to play the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA card. Posting Obama calling Russia our ALLY and making fun of someone for saying RUSSIA was our greatest geopolitical foe, really made those FASCISTbook Dems loose their minds.

The 1980s called and asked for your anal LUBE back, snowflake!

LOTS Moar:

1200px-1933-may-10-berlin-book-burning.JPG

FaceBook Burning

Also got BANNED by FASCISTbook Democrats for 7 days (was supposed to be 30, but was overturned because they knew it made them look like the pathetic Democrats they are), for posting names and dates from the U.S. Senate Records archieves, and posting a link to the U.S. Senates .gov website. On a news board about democrats trying to take down statues to COVER UP their history (taking down Thomas Bragg (D)'s statue.

1860 Senate members and Party

Alabama

Clement C. Clay, Jr. (D), until January 21, 1861

Benjamin Fitzpatrick (D), until January 21, 1861

Arkansas

2. William K. Sebastian (D)

Robert W. Johnson (D)

Georgia
Robert Toombs (D), until February 4, 1861

Alfred Iverson, Sr. (D), until January 28, 1861

Louisiana

2. Judah P. Benjamin (D), until February 4, 1861