FAIL- Electric Car Sales Plunge To 4 Year Lows

g1323362088912231839.jpg

Oh, and the video was posted because someone said my claim that the Tesla battery swap was faster than filling a car with gas. It proved that quite well.

Filling a car with gas? How much gas? To go how far?

But you're not comparing apples to apples, thats the problem.

It took the guy 2:45 to pump enough gas into the Audi to go 3 times further. You're comparing how long a battery swap for 240 miles takes to filling up a car for 600 miles. So you would have to triple the amount of time it takes to do the battery swap if you want to compare those numbers since the Audi can go 3 times as far on that 2:45 worth of gas. So while the Tesla is getting another battery the Audi is cruising down the road on the same tank.

I mean it takes me a hell of a lot shorter period of time to fill up my motorcycle than a full size truck, but that's only because it only holds 3 gallons and can only go 180 miles between fill ups. So to say my motorcycle is better because it's quicker to fill up is ridiculous.

Oh, and the video was posted because someone said my claim that the Tesla battery swap was faster than filling a car with gas. It proved that quite well.

But you're not comparing apples to apples, thats the problem.

It took the guy 2:45 to pump enough gas into the Audi to go 3 times further. You're comparing how long a battery swap for 240 miles takes to filling up a car for 600 miles. So you would have to triple the amount of time it takes to do the battery swap if you want to compare those numbers since the Audi can go 3 times as far on that 2:45 worth of gas. So while the Tesla is getting another battery the Audi is cruising down the road on the same tank.

I mean it takes me a hell of a lot shorter period of time to fill up my motorcycle than a full size truck, but that's only because it only holds 3 gallons and can only go 180 miles between fill ups. So to say my motorcycle is better because it's quicker to fill up is ridiculous.

I am comparing the time it takes to fillup to the time it takes to do a battery swap. That was what was called "Bullshit".

And my comment about the battery swapbeing faster was made in reply to something posted. It said "When I can go 250 miles between recharge stops, with a/c, lights, and radio; when a stop is 15 minutes tops, when the vehicle requires only the draining of fluids to be recyclable, and when it can carry 4 - 6 passengers comfortably, perhaps then it will be feasible.".

Now, since the battery swap took only 90 seconds, add a couple of minutes for paying, and you are left at less than 1/3 of his time requirement.

But look, if being able to drive long distances without any stops is the prerequisite for your car purchase, then a Tesla is not for you. I have said over and over, it doesn't do everything.

Well it is bullshit because the car went 3 times further. So to get the Tesla 600 miles down the road requires 3 battery swaps, which, when added up, take longer than it does to fuel up the Audi to go the same distance.

So yes, it is bullshit.

Well it is bullshit because the car went 3 times further. So to get the Tesla 600 miles down the road requires 3 battery swaps, which, when added up, take longer than it does to fuel up the Audi to go the same distance.

So yes, it is bullshit.

No, it is not bullshit. I made a simple statement. And that is that Tesla can do a battery swap quicker than a car can fillup with gas. There was no mention of range or whatever. It was a very simple statement that is accurate.

Its meaningless if you don't take into consideration how much gas you're putting in. And that Audi carries a lot of fuel. Fuel up something like a Chevy Sonic and it would be done real quick.

Limited range is the biggest obstacle to electric vehicles. It's century-old tech, that they haven't figured out the range suggests either there's no solution, or they did the maths and figured out it'll never ben prefered to gas-powered solutions.

Plus the entire world infrastructure but for small isolated examples is set up for gas-power, not electric. Only so much space in a country, can't add electric power stations for a significant increase in electric vehicles without wahsing out any benefit by paving over more of the natural earth.

Electric's a great idea that simply isn't viable yet. Once we run out of oil and gasoline, then it'll come into its' own by necessity. But for now it's optional and thus not anything that anyone's going to back because doing so is a losing proposition.

Only way electric could catch on in any statistically significant way is if Europe, and emerging countries like India, China, and African nations adopted it. Then by way of global 'peer-pressure' pressure to adopt could be levelled against the US and other hold out countries to get on board.

Lets face it......the eco-warriors/AGW k00ks are losing big in 2015!!! Green fail.........a beautiful thing.

It is not just a green thing. Not being dependent on foreign oil (or even less dependent) would be a huge positive for us.

100% agree winter........but I don't want to be forced to pay one extra dime for energy based on fake science.

Limited range is the biggest obstacle to electric vehicles. It's century-old tech, that they haven't figured out the range suggests either there's no solution, or they did the maths and figured out it'll never ben prefered to gas-powered solutions.

Plus the entire world infrastructure but for small isolated examples is set up for gas-power, not electric. Only so much space in a country, can't add electric power stations for a significant increase in electric vehicles without wahsing out any benefit by paving over more of the natural earth.

Electric's a great idea that simply isn't viable yet. Once we run out of oil and gasoline, then it'll come into its' own by necessity. But for now it's optional and thus not anything that anyone's going to back because doing so is a losing proposition.

Only way electric could catch on in any statistically significant way is if Europe, and emerging countries like India, China, and African nations adopted it. Then by way of global 'peer-pressure' pressure to adopt could be levelled against the US and other hold out countries to get on board.

Holy fuck....... ^^^ where do these Disney thinkers get t his shit? Fantasy thinking is ghey.............look at any projection graphs for China and India on coal production:ack-1:. Only progressive mental cases think "peer pressure" will stop these countries from using fossil fuels!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Lets face it......the eco-warriors/AGW k00ks are losing big in 2015!!! Green fail.........a beautiful thing.

It is not just a green thing. Not being dependent on foreign oil (or even less dependent) would be a huge positive for us.

100% agree winter........but I don't want to be forced to pay one extra dime for energy based on fake science.

How many rate increases have you had from your electric company? Now, how many at the gas pump?

I don't know what "fake science" you are talking about. An EV is pretty real.

Don't like the prices? Don't pay them.

Free market >liberal or conservative ideology

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/24/b...-win-on-price-vs-conventional-fuels.html?_r=0

According to a study by the investment banking firm Lazard, the cost of utility-scale solar energy is as low as 5.6 cents a kilowatt-hour, and wind is as low as 1.4 cents. In comparison, natural gas comes at 6.1 cents a kilowatt-hour on the low end and coal at 6.6 cents. Without subsidies, the firm’s analysis shows, solar costs about 7.2 cents a kilowatt-hour at the low end, with wind at 3.7 cents.

“It is really quite notable, when compared to where we were just five years ago, to see the decline in the cost of these technologies,” said Jonathan Mir, a managing director at Lazard, which has been comparing the economics of power generation technologies since 2008.

At present wind is cheaper than dirty coal, and solar is within 1/2 cent per Kw of dirty coal. Before 2017, solar will be significantly cheaper than dirty coal. The free market is what is driving the switch to renewables. That, and the fact that once in place, they do not need fuel sources as does coal and natural gas. And there is no hazardous waste, a hazard for thousands of years, as there is with nuclear.

A second advantage for solar and wind, they are both scalable. From Mw installations, to homeowners installations between 1 Kw and 10 Kw.

Electric car crash? Hmmmmm......................

Tesla Model S caught fire after driver crashed into concrete wall at high speed Financial Post

“We were able to contact the driver quickly and are pleased that he is safe,” Jarvis-Shean said today in an e- mailed statement. “This was a significant accident where the car was traveling at such a high speed that it smashed through a concrete wall and then hit a large tree, yet the driver walked away from the car with no permanent injury.”

Driver of Stolen Tesla Dies After Crash in Los Angeles - Bloomberg Business

There were 172,500 vehicle fires in the U.S. in 2012, resulting in 300 deaths, according to National Fire Protection Association data. None of the fatalities involved electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles, said Casey Grant, who studies automotive fires for the Quincy, Massachusetts-based non-profit that helps firefighters and emergency crews improve safety techniques, in a phone interview.

In last year’s Tesla fires, Model S drivers traveling at highway speeds hit metal debris that punctured the battery pack. Those drivers got alerts from the vehicle to pull over and exit before fires started.

“The odds of fire in a Model S, at roughly 1 in 8,000 vehicles, are five times lower than those of an average gasoline car and, when a fire does occur, the actual combustion potential is comparatively small,” Musk said in a March 28 statement.

Forum List

Back