FAIL- Electric Car Sales Plunge To 4 Year Lows

And one more question...........what is the charge in kwh's for the batteries.................efficiencies..............aka a 17.1 kwh battery is listed on the site at Tesla..............yet the efficiency drop of 30% off the load of the battery.....or say 22kwh's of charge for a 100% depleted battery............

Which by Alabama rates would be an average of $2.11 a charge @9.6cents per kwh..............

Are my figures accurate..............

Tesla s Battery Gigafactory May Achieve Nirvana 100 Per Kilowatt-Hour Report Says

Best battery for the Tesla site is 17.1 kwh batter...............

so they are hoping to achieve a battery for the car at roughly $1710 per battery. Prices of batteries are coming down but are still high......only time will tell whether they go down greatly or as predicted..............Which will depend on demand..............

Site listed the Tesla Sedan at a market price of $35k

The Tesla III is supposed to be in the $35k range. It won't be as luxurious as the Model S, but will have roughly the same range and performance as the standard P85.
Do they come with ICE...................

No, they will still be strictly electric. As far as I know, Tesla has no plans to build any ICE vehicles.

Tesla s Battery Gigafactory May Achieve Nirvana 100 Per Kilowatt-Hour Report Says

so they are hoping to achieve a battery for the car at roughly $1710 per battery. Prices of batteries are coming down but are still high......only time will tell whether they go down greatly or as predicted..............Which will depend on demand..............

The Tesla III is supposed to be in the $35k range. It won't be as luxurious as the Model S, but will have roughly the same range and performance as the standard P85.

No, they will still be strictly electric. As far as I know, Tesla has no plans to build any ICE vehicles.
Then any road trips with this vehicle would have to be planned around the limited amount of charge stations.........................Infrastructure problems..............

Again, I'm not ditching the tech...........but their current vehicles are listing at much higher than $35k..............If they can get it down to $35k then it might be a viable option eventually.............as I would spend a little over $4 a week on kwh's versus $55 a week plus for gas on my truck.................aka I'd save over $200 a month on gas which would help pay for the vehicle.......................but not having ICE back up could be a problem when there isn't any place to fill up except at your home...........unless you want to pack a small honda generator if you can't get the electrical charge station.

Then any road trips with this vehicle would have to be planned around the limited amount of charge stations.........................Infrastructure problems..............

Again, I'm not ditching the tech...........but their current vehicles are listing at much higher than $35k..............If they can get it down to $35k then it might be a viable option eventually.............as I would spend a little over $4 a week on kwh's versus $55 a week plus for gas on my truck.................aka I'd save over $200 a month on gas which would help pay for the vehicle.......................but not having ICE back up could be a problem when there isn't any place to fill up except at your home...........unless you want to pack a small honda generator if you can't get the electrical charge station.

A road trip in Tesla would take some planning and routing for the refueling. I looked at ourr most common trips and the charging stations only require a minor modification in our normal route. I can get to St Augustine and Cape San Blas easily enough. More involved trips might be easier in a rental car. If I had a Prius or other very small car, I would rent a car for vacations anyway.

tesla.. its an electric edsel
No it's a toy for the rich.
As was the gas powered car for about 20 years. At present, all it would need for the EV's to become dominant is a battery that has twice the storage capacity at half the price of the present batteries. And it will be created and manufactured. Too many billions of dollars out there for that innovation for it too be too long in coming.
Really you are comparing 1890 to 2015?

When I can go 250 miles between recharge stops, with a/c, lights, and radio; when a stop is 15 minutes tops, when the vehicle requires only the draining of fluids to be recyclable, and when it can carry 4 - 6 passengers comfortably, perhaps then it will be feasible.

Curious, what is the long term availability of lithium, what with its current use and projected use?

When I can go 250 miles between recharge stops, with a/c, lights, and radio; when a stop is 15 minutes tops, when the vehicle requires only the draining of fluids to be recyclable, and when it can carry 4 - 6 passengers comfortably, perhaps then it will be feasible.

Curious, what is the long term availability of lithium, what with its current use and projected use?

Tesla has already shown they can do a complete battery swap faster than you can fill up a regular car.

Removing the battery can be done faster than you can drain the fluids from a regular car.

The Tesla seats 5 adults (it can also be purchased with 2 additional child seats in the rear).

How often do you drive 250 miles in a single day?

Currently most lithium is mined. But it is also available from geo-thermal brine and sea water.

Tesla has already shown they can do a complete battery swap faster than you can fill up a regular car.

Removing the battery can be done faster than you can drain the fluids from a regular car.

The Tesla seats 5 adults (it can also be purchased with 2 additional child seats in the rear).

Currently most lithium is mined. But it is also available from geo-thermal brine and sea water.
Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Which part? Seating 5 adults and 2 kids?

What I would/could get behind right now is the same power train that the railroads use...A small, efficient diesel driven engine turning a generator that provides power to an electric motor. Not the either/or hybrids that are on the road today, but as a full time power source.
The thorium powered steam engine seems like an interesting use of science.

What I would/could get behind right now is the same power train that the railroads use...A small, efficient diesel driven engine turning a generator that provides power to an electric motor. Not the either/or hybrids that are on the road today, but as a full time power source.
The thorium powered steam engine seems like an interesting use of science.

Not sure a portable reactor is such a great idea. Have you seen the way these idiots drive?

Although it would increase the range. lol

Bullshit.

Politico, here is a video for your education. No need to thank me. I am happy to help.

Don't worry I won't. You were no help.

Really? You called "Bullshit" on my comment "Tesla has already shown they can do a complete battery swap faster than you can fill up a regular car.". I showed you a video of a Tesla having a complete battery swap in less time than it takes to fill up a car. Looks like an education to me.

Ah, but you see, a car that you can create the fuel for yourself, that is a luxury vehicle that handles like a sports car, and has the acceleration of a dragster, that is progress. And progress is part of the word 'progressive', therefore progress is baaaaaaaaaaaa............d! See how simple that was? Key to our present 'Convervative' ideology. So very simple.

That video is such crap! LOL

1. They include the time the guy has to use his credit card. That's hilarious.
2. He's pumping enough gas into that Audi to go 3 times as far as that Tesla will go
3. That Audi will smoke that Tesla in a top speed run

2. He's pumping enough gas into that Audi to go 3 times as far as that Tesla will go

1. I watched the video again. The first 0:33 are getting ready to pump the gas, so take that off. The Tesla finishes a complete battery swap in 1:33. The car is filled up in 2:45 (that is with the 0:33 taken off). So you CAN do a battery swap faster than you can fill up a regular car.

2. I didn't see exactly how many gallons of gas he pumped. It was over 20 gals. Yes, the range is greater.

3. I guess it depends on the model. The Audi A5 does 0-60 in 6.3 seconds with a top speed of 130 mph. That doesn't beat the Tesla. The S5 does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds with a top speed of 155 mph. The Tesla beats it in the 0-60 and has the same top speed. The RS-5 does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and has a top speed of 174 mph. It loses in the 0-60 but wins in the top speed.

How many times in your life have you driven over 155 mph??

I have never claimed that the Tesla P85D does everything better than every car. And yet, everyone keeps trying to harp on individual things another car can do better. This is like the guy who kept on about the highly modified Gremlin dragster beating the 1/4 mile time.

I'm betting that for every time you have exceeded 155 mph there have been dozens of times that quicker acceleration would help you more.

Oh, and the video was posted because someone said my claim that the Tesla battery swap was faster than filling a car with gas. It proved that quite well.

Forum List

Back