FAIL- Electric Car Sales Plunge To 4 Year Lows

Absolute nonsense. Look at the taxpayer funded loans provided to TESLA, for just one example.

Link please....

*What the heck is a taxpayer "loan?" does that mean it doesn't have to be paid back? You guys were talking about "free money."

I can't explain things to you when you are so thoroughly ignorant of the fact that when the government spends or loans money, they are using taxpayer money.

Dude, a loan is not a subsidy; it has to be paid back.

Dood, a below market loan is a subsidiary, setting a side the point that it is not the role of government to provide venture debt.

Absolute nonsense. Look at the taxpayer funded loans provided to TESLA, for just one example.

Link please....

*What the heck is a taxpayer "loan?" does that mean it doesn't have to be paid back? You guys were talking about "free money."

I can't explain things to you when you are so thoroughly ignorant of the fact that when the government spends or loans money, they are using taxpayer money.

Dood, a below market loan is a subsidiary, setting a side the point that it is not the role of government to provide venture debt.
What are the current interest rates? 3%?

Link please....

VENTURE DEBT is NOT 3%.

Financing terms
Venture debt lenders expect returns of 12–25% on their capital but achieve this through a combination of loan interest and equity returns. The lender is compensated for the higher rate of perceived level of risk on these loans by earning incremental returns from its equity holding in companies that are successful and achieve a trade sale or IPO.

Venture debt - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

U.S. Taxpayers provided defacto Venture Debt financing at far below market rates to Tesla.

It was a Cronyist SCAM.

Link please....

And when the loan is repaid, with interest, the tax payers came out to the good.

I addressed that in another post. We got ripped off by issuing below market loans.

Ripped off? The loans were at a low interest rate. But the interest was paid. What other use of our tax dollars provides the money back plus 3%-4% in addition to the original amount?

Is it the purpose of the Federal government to earn investment returns on Taxpayer funds? If it were the purpose (which is isn't, but we'll assume for the sake of discussion that it is), then the taxpayers were indeed ripped off.

Musk received 10% interest and convertible stock for his loans to the company. The taxpayers got 3%. Big Whoop.

Here's who really benefited: the Government Cronies who were given allocations of IPO shares and traded on government insider trading.

Telsa paid off it's loans NINE YEARS EARLY!!!

Insider trading? (Cough ... Benghazi ... cough ...)

A lot of Californians bought electrics to save the planet through using eco-friendly hydro-electric produced power.

Good luck with that.......

("Hydro" means falling water spinning turbines if/when there is any water to fall.)

And when the loan is repaid, with interest, the tax payers came out to the good.

I addressed that in another post. We got ripped off by issuing below market loans.

Ripped off? The loans were at a low interest rate. But the interest was paid. What other use of our tax dollars provides the money back plus 3%-4% in addition to the original amount?

Is it the purpose of the Federal government to earn investment returns on Taxpayer funds? If it were the purpose (which is isn't, but we'll assume for the sake of discussion that it is), then the taxpayers were indeed ripped off.

Musk received 10% interest and convertible stock for his loans to the company. The taxpayers got 3%. Big Whoop.

Here's who really benefited: the Government Cronies who were given allocations of IPO shares and traded on government insider trading.

Telsa paid off it's loans NINE YEARS EARLY!!!

Insider trading? (Cough ... Benghazi ... cough ...)

Clearly, you are thoroughly unacquainted with financing structures.

And where is it in The Constitution that the Fed's role is to be a venture capitalist?

I own a 2013 Volt, it was used and I paid under $20,000. I love the car, I like driving around town and not using gas. I can go months with local use without ever filling up. On the highway I get 45 for long trips.

I like the gas battery combo, I am not comfortable with a electric on
Y car.

Link please....

VENTURE DEBT is NOT 3%.

Financing terms
Venture debt lenders expect returns of 12–25% on their capital but achieve this through a combination of loan interest and equity returns. The lender is compensated for the higher rate of perceived level of risk on these loans by earning incremental returns from its equity holding in companies that are successful and achieve a trade sale or IPO.

U.S. Taxpayers provided defacto Venture Debt financing at far below market rates to Tesla.

It was a Cronyist SCAM.
Tesla turned out to be a good investment

So was GM for that matter

VENTURE DEBT is NOT 3%.

Financing terms

It was a Cronyist SCAM.

It did not! It turned out as a great investment for the Venture Capitalists who got to build a company with Cheap Money from the government.

VENTURE DEBT is NOT 3%.

Financing terms

It was a Cronyist SCAM.

It did not! It turned out as a great investment for the Venture Capitalists who got to build a company with Cheap Money from the government.

Developed new technology and an outstanding car

Would you prefer it was developed in Japan or Germany? Their governments have no problem investing

VENTURE DEBT is NOT 3%.

Financing terms

It was a Cronyist SCAM.

Would you prefer it was developed in Japan or Germany? Their governments have no problem investing

Where is it in the Constitution that the role of the government is to provide venture financing?

VENTURE DEBT is NOT 3%.

Financing terms

It was a Cronyist SCAM.

Where is it in the Constitution that the role of the government is to provide venture financing?

I was not aware the founders had a position on investing in electric vehicle technology

Yet Obama continues to squeeze the coal miners

-Geaux'
======================================

But low oil prices are supposed to be unequivocally good? On the day when Ford lays off 700 Michigan plant workers in small cars and hybrids manufacturing, The Detroit News reports that, according to Edmunds.com, sales of electric cars and hybrids are at the lowest level since 2011. What is even more worrisome, motorists who leased those first-generation cars, and have decided not to buy them, are turning them in, leaving dealer lots full of low mileage cars at huge discounts to new ones. As Edmunds concludes, while "the government's going to keep pushing it, there is time to pause right now."

Low oil prices have not been unequivocally good for these workers... (as Detroit Free Press reports)

Ford said today that it is planning to cut a shift at its Michigan Assembly Plant where it makes the Ford Focus compact car and C-Max crossover because of declining sales of small cars, hybrids and electric vehicles.

The automaker told workers and notified the state of Michigan that it will lay off 700 workers, starting June 22. The decision affects 675 hourly workers and 25 salaried employees who make the Focus, Focus ST, Focus Electric, C-Max hybrid and C-Max Energi plug-in hybrid at the Wayne plant.

The first 200 workers will be laid off in June, another 200 at the end of July and the remainder at the end of September.

Electric Car Sales Plunge To 4 Year Lows Zero Hedge

Yes we need more coal. Let's pollute enough till you can't ever eat fish and they glow like light bulbs.

VENTURE DEBT is NOT 3%.

Financing terms

It was a Cronyist SCAM.

I was not aware the founders had a position on investing in electric vehicle technology

You reply only needs the first four words of your sentence.

"I was not aware", is about the only refreshingly self-aware thing you've ever posted.

-Geaux'

But low oil prices are supposed to be unequivocally good? On the day when Ford lays off 700 Michigan plant workers in small cars and hybrids manufacturing, The Detroit News reports that, according to Edmunds.com, sales of electric cars and hybrids are at the lowest level since 2011. What is even more worrisome, motorists who leased those first-generation cars, and have decided not to buy them, are turning them in, leaving dealer lots full of low mileage cars at huge discounts to new ones. As Edmunds concludes, while "the government's going to keep pushing it, there is time to pause right now."

Low oil prices have not been unequivocally good for these workers... (as Detroit Free Press reports)

Ford said today that it is planning to cut a shift at its Michigan Assembly Plant where it makes the Ford Focus compact car and C-Max crossover because of declining sales of small cars, hybrids and electric vehicles.

The automaker told workers and notified the state of Michigan that it will lay off 700 workers, starting June 22. The decision affects 675 hourly workers and 25 salaried employees who make the Focus, Focus ST, Focus Electric, C-Max hybrid and C-Max Energi plug-in hybrid at the Wayne plant.

The first 200 workers will be laid off in June, another 200 at the end of July and the remainder at the end of September.

Yes we need more coal. Let's pollute enough till you can't ever eat fish and they glow like light bulbs.

Now I know why you're scared of guns too

-Geaux

-Geaux'

Now I know why you're scared of guns too

-Geaux

Sure you try eating fish everyday and let me know how that effects your health. Then tell me there is no pollution.

You reply only needs the first four words of your sentence.

"I was not aware", is about the only refreshingly self-aware thing you've ever posted.
I'm sorry

But I am not inclined for eighteenth century farmers to make decisions for twenty first century America

Efficient electric and hybrid vehicles

Why are some so intimidated by alternative energy? Are you that tied to big oil?

If alternative energy is so great, then why aren't you willing to pay market prices for it?

For the first time in my life I see functional and high performance electric cars. I find it odd that anyone would be rooting for them to fail

Seems odd, don't you think?

Not off if one is paying taxes to subsidize them. If they are So Great, people who want them should buy them with Their Own Money.

Where do you guys DRUDGE this crap up???

By not having our heads buried in the sand. Do you read any news at all?

The Obama Administration will lend Tesla Motors $465 million to build an electric sedan and the battery packs needed to propel it. It’s one of three loans totaling almost $8 billion that the Department of Energy awarded today to spur the development of fuel-efficient vehicles....

Feds Lend Tesla 465 Million to Build Model S WIRED
And Tesla has paid back that loan completely. Way early, and with interest. Now does it mean nothing at all to you that in America the very best electric car in the world is manufactured?

-Geaux'

Are you somehow rooting that the new technology fails?
Yes, Conservatives loath progress of any kind.

Forum List

Back