Family Sues PA School District After Their Daughter is Abused and Called a KKK Suppor

by Jim Hoft
December 22, 2012

In October a Pennsylvania teen was ridiculed by her teacher and called a KKK supporter for wearing a Romney T-shirt to class.

This week the family sued the teacher at Charles Carroll High School and the school district over the abuse their daughter suffered for wearing the Rommney T-shirt to school.
Philly.com reported, via Townhall:

The parents of the Charles Carroll High School student ridiculed and ordered by her teacher to remove a t-shirt supporting Mitt Romney sued the teacher and school district on Friday, claiming the act violated the girl’s civil rights.

Filed in federal court in Philadelphia, the suit says the district ignored Samantha Pawlucy’s right to free speech, let other students threaten and harass her and subjected her “to emotional distress, simply because she exercised her First Amendment rights.”

Fernando Gallard, a spokesman for the district, said it would not comment on the lawsuit.

Pawlucy, a 16-year-old sophomore from Port Richmond, drew national headlines from the furor that erupted when she wore a pink “Romney-Ryan” shirt during a dress-down day at school in September.

According to the lawsuit, Pawlucy had worn the shirt all day when she walked into geometry teacher Lynette Gaymon’s classroom.

The teacher allegedly told the teen that Charles Carroll was a “Democratic” school and that her shirt was akin to one spouting a logo for the Ku Klux Klan.​

Family Sues PA School District After Their Daughter is Abused and Called a KKK Supporter for Wearing Romney T-Shirt | The Gateway Pundit

Video Link:
Teacher Kicks Student Out of Class for Wearing Mitt Romney T-Shirt - YouTube

So the girl expressing her political opinion on the T-shirt is just her expressing her first amendmant right to free speech. But the others - who expressed their disagreement to her political opinions - are guilty of a tort?

People are such hypocritical idiots. Everyone has a right to express their political opinions. And everyone else has a right to express theirs as well. It's a knife that cuts both ways.

No...to them it doesn't.

You're a coward and what you're saying means nothing. We are talking about a CHILD, not an adult in the military. You two aren't going to get away with your diversionary tactics. Not while I am here.

So glad you're here to keep us on the topic of our overly litigious society. Hooray for suing for name calling!!!
As I've said earlier on, which I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you've never read it since this is a very long thread to read in it's entirety and not miss a few, the teacher should lose her job, I'm not in favor of their being a pay out.. and if any payment should be made, it should only be for the parent's having no other choice but to remove their child from the school and if it they have documented proof of relocation expenses. And forget suing the school district, sue the union that represents her and the teacher, since they will be the ones fighting to keep her job. I am pretty sure the school district would have fired her immediately if they could've.

Bully for you. I didn't give enough shits and followed a sideline of the thread. Since I don't trust the media reporting on this, I'll let the local school district handle it as they will. The family is fucked up to sue.

Oh and fuck you. I joined and served, risking my life for you. Some coward, eh dick.

by Jim Hoft
December 22, 2012

In October a Pennsylvania teen was ridiculed by her teacher and called a KKK supporter for wearing a Romney T-shirt to class.

This week the family sued the teacher at Charles Carroll High School and the school district over the abuse their daughter suffered for wearing the Rommney T-shirt to school.
Philly.com reported, via Townhall:

The parents of the Charles Carroll High School student ridiculed and ordered by her teacher to remove a t-shirt supporting Mitt Romney sued the teacher and school district on Friday, claiming the act violated the girl’s civil rights.

Filed in federal court in Philadelphia, the suit says the district ignored Samantha Pawlucy’s right to free speech, let other students threaten and harass her and subjected her “to emotional distress, simply because she exercised her First Amendment rights.”

Fernando Gallard, a spokesman for the district, said it would not comment on the lawsuit.

Pawlucy, a 16-year-old sophomore from Port Richmond, drew national headlines from the furor that erupted when she wore a pink “Romney-Ryan” shirt during a dress-down day at school in September.

According to the lawsuit, Pawlucy had worn the shirt all day when she walked into geometry teacher Lynette Gaymon’s classroom.

The teacher allegedly told the teen that Charles Carroll was a “Democratic” school and that her shirt was akin to one spouting a logo for the Ku Klux Klan.​

Family Sues PA School District After Their Daughter is Abused and Called a KKK Supporter for Wearing Romney T-Shirt | The Gateway Pundit

Video Link:
Teacher Kicks Student Out of Class for Wearing Mitt Romney T-Shirt - YouTube

So the girl expressing her political opinion on the T-shirt is just her expressing her first amendmant right to free speech. But the others - who expressed their disagreement to her political opinions - are guilty of a tort?

People are such hypocritical idiots. Everyone has a right to express their political opinions. And everyone else has a right to express theirs as well. It's a knife that cuts both ways.

No...to them it doesn't.

Either you both cannot read, or your purposely being obtuse. The post doggyboy made in response to the quote doesn't even coincide with what he quoted. You guys are really classless. If it were simply the teacher stating an opinion, this probably wouldn't have made the news. I don't know why I expect fascists to be honest about anything.

Last edited:
So glad you're here to keep us on the topic of our overly litigious society. Hooray for suing for name calling!!!
As I've said earlier on, which I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you've never read it since this is a very long thread to read in it's entirety and not miss a few, the teacher should lose her job, I'm not in favor of their being a pay out.. and if any payment should be made, it should only be for the parent's having no other choice but to remove their child from the school and if it they have documented proof of relocation expenses. And forget suing the school district, sue the union that represents her and the teacher, since they will be the ones fighting to keep her job. I am pretty sure the school district would have fired her immediately if they could've.

Bully for you. I didn't give enough shits and followed a sideline of the thread. Since I don't trust the media reporting on this, I'll let the local school district handle it as they will. The family is fucked up to sue.

Oh and fuck you. I joined and served, risking my life for you. Some coward, eh dick.
Hahahaha! You fascists are such crybabies! Thanks for the win, coward.

Ah, first cowards and now fascists. You're just chock full of stupid aren't you?

You should sue, speaking of litigations. The surgeon left a sponge in your brain.

The teacher should be fired, she had no business demeaning a student in that manner, she's supposed to be the adult in the room. I hope it costs the teacher a bundle in legal fees, ya get in their pocket deep enough they learn to watch their mouth.

If the teacher actually said that, then she should definitely be disciplined. My wife is a teacher and she would NEVER say anything even close to that. I can say the say for most of her colleagues.

No...to them it doesn't.

Either you both cannot read, or your purposely being obtuse. The post doggyboy made in response to the quote doesn't even coincide with what he quoted. You guys are really classless. If it were simply the teacher stating an opinion, this probably wouldn't have made the news. I don't know why I expect fascists to be honest about anything.

Yeah, it's soooo "fascist" to protect EVERYONE'S first amendment rights.

A neighbor of my uncle had an illegal cross the river and get bit by his rot while attempting to do god knows what in his back yard. The guy tried to sue for the dog bite!

That sounds to me like one of life's little problems that are best solved with a 55-gallon drum and a shovel...

Notice the operative word is "tried to sue". People "try to sue" for just about anything. The problem is in when they win for the stupidest things.

And the vast majority of times when it appears people win over stupid things, it's just a case of only half the story being told (usually in order to promote an agenda.)

Not always - but the overwhelming majority of the time - they get it right imho.

Ah, first cowards and now fascists. You're just chock full of stupid aren't you?

You should sue, speaking of litigations. The surgeon left a sponge in your brain.
Fascists are cowards. And do you deny that you are essentially saying fascistic tactics should be tolerated in our schools just to save money? Or you actually approve of a teacher labeling a student an undesirable(KKK), having the rest of the class mock her, tell her to take off her shirt that supports the opposition(Romney shirt), then marking that shirt with an X across the front of it before handing it back for her to put back on, and then saying, " This is a school for the Party" like a totalitarian?

Like I said. Fascist Coward. Come out and say you think is acceptable. lol

Fascists are cowards. And do you deny that you are essentially saying fascistic tactics should be tolerated in our schools just to save money? Or you actually approve of a teacher labeling a student an undesirable(KKK), having the rest of the class mock her, tell her to take off her shirt that supports the opposition(Romney shirt), then marking that shirt with an X across the front of it before handing it back for her to put back on, and then saying, " This is a school for the Party" like a totalitarian?

What I believe is that you are an idiot that wouldn't know an actual fascist if they hit you with a purse. That's what I believe.

That sounds to me like one of life's little problems that are best solved with a 55-gallon drum and a shovel...

Notice the operative word is "tried to sue". People "try to sue" for just about anything. The problem is in when they win for the stupidest things.

And the vast majority of times when it appears people win over stupid things, it's just a case of only half the story being told (usually in order to promote an agenda.)

Not always - but the overwhelming majority of the time - they get it right imho.

What I believe is that you are an idiot that wouldn't know an actual fascist if they hit you with a purse. That's what I believe.
You're cracking me up! Why are you getting all emotionally brittle? Do you find that acceptable to do to a student? Answer the question. Did the Nazis label political opposition undesirables, and mark Jews, another Group of undesirables in their opinión? Why yes they did. And they even treated people who werent Party members unfairly and as outcasts. Sounds like what happened here was a demonstration of fascist tactics without question. So you support fascist tactics, own up to it.

No...to them it doesn't.

Lmao! Are you serious, go read some more on this. It just may be beyond your simple ass mind to comprehend that you quotes a story you obviously havent read and have no clue as to what was done.

Lmao! Are you serious, go read some more on this. It just may be beyond your simple ass mind to comprehend that you quotes a story you obviously havent read and have no clue as to what was done.

I see - anyone who disagrees with you or offers a differing opinion is a "simple ass"
You are causing me mental anguish and ridiculing me - I guess I should sue.

That ignorant teacher should be fired, but the union will protect her even if she's dumber than a retarded goose, which appears to be the case. Obama supporter, no doubt.

I see - anyone who disagrees with you or offers a differing opinion is a "simple ass"
I am calling you simple minded because apparently you didnt read the part where the teacher labeled the kid a Kkk supporter for wearing a Romney t shirt, told her to take it off, had another student Mark an X over Romney's face on the tshirt, then told her " This is a democratic party school". And this prompted harrassment at school for the girl. Thats fascistic tactics and you apparently think its Okay for kids to be taught to be totalitarians.

Last edited:

What a cry baby!

What a cry baby!

Careful...he could sue. Someone should stand up and report all these name callers!

Come on, this is your Rosa Parks moment!!!

What a cry baby!

Nice passively aggressive way of admitting your support for fascist tactics so Long as it benefits your side. You, Sea Wytch, Doggyboy... Youre going to make good little goose steppers. You'll move up the ranks of The Party in no time. Lmao!

What a cry baby!

Careful...he could sue. Someone should stand up and report all these name callers!

Come on, this is your Rosa Parks moment!!!

LMAO! Look at all the proud fascists!

I am calling you simple minded because apparently you didnt read the part where the teacher labeled the kid a Kkk supporter for wearing a Romney t shirt, told her to take it off, had another student Mark an X over Romney's face on the tshirt, then told her " This is a democratic party school". And this prompted harrassment at school for the girl. Thats fascistic tactics and you apparently think its Okay for kids to be taught to be totalitarians.

She didn't call the girl a KkK supporter. She said wearing a republican shirt to a democratic school was like wearing a KKK shirt to her class, as the teacher is black. While what the teaher said is totally over the line, there is a difference.

Also, what the teacher said had nothing to do with any bullying the girl faced, that occurred after her parents went to the media.

Forum List

Back