Far Left Just Killed The Olympics

Olympics are boring. Half of the shit called a sport is a joke

I dare you to say Curling is not a sport!

( because even being Canadian I find that one sport alone more boring than badminton)

If golf is a sport, so is curling.

Look Golf is like going to a Strip Club and you get drunk, you lose your balls in some bushes while spending too much money...

What can you compare Curling to?

I agree but IS golf a sport? I suppose it is, in the same sense that bowling, archery and darts are sports.

They all conspicuously don't require movement but then neither does weight lifting. It's a grey area.

( because even being Canadian I find that one sport alone more boring than badminton)

yes
No & no. Lol

A sport SHOULD at the bare minimum require physical exertion. Golf is no more a sport than chess

Call us when you can hit a golf ball 260 yards and put it where you want it to go. Let alone correcting for the wind, the different holes on the same course, water hazards or fairway bunkers.

As for Curling, I'd call it a sport before I call equestrian events a sport, before I call Luge a sport, before I'd call archery a sport for sure. Shooting? Really?

At least the Curlers have to move.

Call us when you can hit a golf ball 260 yards and put it where you want it to go. Let alone correcting for the wind, the different holes on the same course, water hazards or fairway bunkers.

You described a SKILL not a sport. Many things require skill and hardly any of them are sports.

You described a SKILL not a sport. Many things require skill and hardly any of them are sports.

A physical action that requires accuracy? Describes a golf swing, also describes what Tom Brady does, what Pete Rose did, what Lebron James does...

yes
No & no. Lol

A sport SHOULD at the bare minimum require physical exertion. Golf is no more a sport than chess

According to that criteria, baseball is not much of a sport, either.

yes
No & no. Lol

As for Curling, I'd call it a sport before I call equestrian events a sport, before I call Luge a sport, before I'd call archery a sport for sure. Shooting? Really?

Equestrian is most definitely a sport requiring skill, strength, and the ability to bend a one thousand pound animal to your will.

A physical action that requires accuracy? Describes a golf swing, also describes what Tom Brady does, what Pete Rose did, what Lebron James does...
Also describes what an astronaut does or a doctor in a 10 hour surgery or any number of other things.

Exercising a skill =/= a sport. Period

Also describes what an astronaut does or a doctor in a 10 hour surgery or any number of other things.

Exercising a skill =/= a sport. Period

Projecting a ball 260 yards is something a doctor does...an Astronaut does? Keeping score while you do it? Usually Astronauts are not competing with others while they are pushing buttons and doctors are not keeping score of the fewest stitches needed to close a wound.

yes
No & no. Lol

Equestrian is most definitely a sport requiring skill, strength, and the ability to bend a one thousand pound animal to your will.

I'd give the edge to a curler than a horsewoman if athleticism is the standard.

Rodeo is a sport--a detestable one--but it's a sport. These horses are not wild, they are broken. Lets see Fulton and Margaux (the names I imagine equestian athletes have) break the horse first.

Forum List

Back