Far Right? Proud Boys

Racists tend to be far right.
Lol the leader is a black
Man lol hahah

LMAO!

Got it. YOu can't support it, but you believe it because you are told. That is fine. THis thread is for people wiling to try to back up their claims.
WHOA! You asked for evidence supporting their claims that the Proud Boys are far right, and two posters have given it to you. Your response? "You believe it because you are told" and therefore, it is not valid? LOL Why do people bother with you?

Just because the SPLC says, doesn't make it so.
Have you ever looked at the evidence the SPLC has for saying it? No. I'm sure you haven't.
Anyone believing anything the splc claims is a gullible fool. You are probably their leader.
What ****? Who are you talking about?

Wait, how come everyone can type **** and when I do, it gets starred out?
What is going on here?

Oooo, she mad! :eek:

Ok, so I keep hearing the confrontation in Portland described as being between far right and at best, far left counter demonstrators, if not "anti-fascist".

So, a call out to everyone who supports the idea that the Proud Boys are far right.

So, what about their message, or operations or organization, is far right.

Please, no moronic walls of text, especially on what other people think about them.

Give me your BEST example, concisely for discussion purposes, of them being far right.
The Proud Boys are as Far Right as Antifa is Far Left. Now, you can make up your mind as to which is which or just how far that is. I tend to believe that both are not really even about politics..but more about the psychological dysfunctions of their members. Both use ideology as an excuse to run amuck. Both are meaningless in the larger scheme of things and both are used by their opposition as examples to be demonized...even though none of them are representative of the more mainstream Right and Left.

I found a few links of interest..it would appear that the Proud Boys have their own differences as to what they are about:

Mission Statement – Proud Boy Magazine

Just to say..what you in opposition against says more about who you are..than any claims or denials.

The fringes are where we dump the rubbish. The Proud Boys claim some things...their actions show another.

To me..it really does not matter..like the 3%ers and their ilk---they're just a bunch of empty heads rattling about.

Not to be dismissive, but nothing in your post, supports your conclusion or assertions.
Jut an opinion..don't care all that much. My life experience with dumb-asses that spout ideology in pursuit of license is all I can fall back on. Well...let me not be disingenuous....there is a whole body of psychology that supports my position..but I'm way too lazy to trot it out...for folks that don't care.

I stand by what i said..don't like it..drop your funny and move along...LOL!

If you care enough to participate in my thread, I would expect some participation.

The op did not ask for OPINION, but actual supporting evidence.
Rules? Your thread..LOL. If you wish that sort of discussion..I suggest the structured debate forum..if you dare. Perhaps..you might support your case?? If you have one..and are not just seeking someone to knock down in your transparently obvious attempt to legitimize the Proud Boys and troll the 'Leftys".

I give a shit as to your 'expectations'

iu

Ok, so I keep hearing the confrontation in Portland described as being between far right and at best, far left counter demonstrators, if not "anti-fascist".

So, a call out to everyone who supports the idea that the Proud Boys are far right.

Please, no moronic walls of text, especially on what other people think about them.

Give me your BEST example, concisely for discussion purposes, of them being far right.
The Proud Boys are as Far Right as Antifa is Far Left. Now, you can make up your mind as to which is which or just how far that is. I tend to believe that both are not really even about politics..but more about the psychological dysfunctions of their members. Both use ideology as an excuse to run amuck. Both are meaningless in the larger scheme of things and both are used by their opposition as examples to be demonized...even though none of them are representative of the more mainstream Right and Left.

I found a few links of interest..it would appear that the Proud Boys have their own differences as to what they are about:

Just to say..what you in opposition against says more about who you are..than any claims or denials.

The fringes are where we dump the rubbish. The Proud Boys claim some things...their actions show another.

To me..it really does not matter..like the 3%ers and their ilk---they're just a bunch of empty heads rattling about.

Not to be dismissive, but nothing in your post, supports your conclusion or assertions.
Jut an opinion..don't care all that much. My life experience with dumb-asses that spout ideology in pursuit of license is all I can fall back on. Well...let me not be disingenuous....there is a whole body of psychology that supports my position..but I'm way too lazy to trot it out...for folks that don't care.

If you care enough to participate in my thread, I would expect some participation.

He gave you both. You start a thread asking for evidence to refute your position, and then:
View attachment 274895

Yeah, he showed so much evidence, that you can't even repeat it.

It was all opinion and unsupported assertions.

Man lol hahah

LMAO!

Got it. YOu can't support it, but you believe it because you are told. That is fine. THis thread is for people wiling to try to back up their claims.
WHOA! You asked for evidence supporting their claims that the Proud Boys are far right, and two posters have given it to you. Your response? "You believe it because you are told" and therefore, it is not valid? LOL Why do people bother with you?

Have you ever looked at the evidence the SPLC has for saying it? No. I'm sure you haven't.
Anyone believing anything the splc claims is a gullible fool. You are probably their leader.

What is going on here?
Is Andy Ago a person of color?

Man lol hahah

LMAO!

What is going on here?
Old ladies are not supposed to talk like that...LOL!

He gave you both. You start a thread asking for evidence to refute your position, and then:
View attachment 274895

Yeah, he showed so much evidence, that you can't even repeat it.

It was all opinion and unsupported assertions.

This is true.

The way Anthony Cumia explained it's "founding" on Joe Rogan's podcast it sounds like a joke that took on a life of it's own. Anybody can start a new chapter of the Proud Boys in the same way anybody can start a new chapter of the KKK.

That was good. You said Proud Boys in the same post as KKK.

Of course what this thread is about, is letting people like you, SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS AND SMEARS.

Want to take a swing at that?

The term 'Far Right' is apocryphal.
There is no Far Right in this country. It is a useful term to hide the evil of what does exist: a Far Left.

The terms far right and far left are relative to some understood center.

To be "far," one's positions must be radical relative to that center.
American traditions, values, and history represent that center.

The premise
here is that, if I can show that the values called 'Far Right' are actually at the center of American traditions, values, and history represent that center, well then, they cannot be correctly awarded the modifier "Far."

"Radical" is important to the discussion. It means
"especially of change or action relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough" (see Google.)

Radical positions as opposed to traditional ones identify "Far" Left

1. ... traditional marriage, that involves one man and one woman, and compare that with homosexual marriage.. Which one is radical?

2. Another of those positions under regular discussion is 'prayer' in the public arena....Congress opens each year with prayer. Opposing prayer is radical....religiosity is traditional in America.

3. Is 'free speech' embraced by one side, and opposed by the other? You betcha! Obama's Supreme Court nominee says it would be be proper to suppress speech because it is offensive to society or to the government.

Starting to see a pattern?

4. While we were founded on the biblical idea that all men are created equal,

LBJ advanced a two-class nation based on skin color.
....this radical view was advanced: affirmative action. Hence, Democrats....the Far Left.

5. Here's one more radical position by the Left....fighting to elect a sexual pervert and admitted liar and disbarred lawyer to the White House: Bill Clinton
Relative to American traditions, values, and history ...championing a man of such low character is a radical position.
Hence, Far Left..

6. Franklin Roosevelt threw the United States Constitution under the bus, and used the public fisc for all sorts of endeavors not authorized in Article 1, section 8.

A radical and Progressive position.

He was the ultimate "Far Leftist."

7. Under Franklin Roosevlet the federal government was transformed from one of limited & enumerated powers only to the Frankensteinian monster it is today. ....the regulatory welfare state where the federal government regulates business and commerce, natural resources, human resources, ...
Under the Progressives, the federal government was no longer limited by the enumerated powers delegated in the Constitution; ...

Radical to the utmost....hence Far Left.

8. Under Roosevelt's NRA, most manufacturing industries were suddenly forced into government-mandated cartels. Codes that regulated prices and terms of sale briefly transformed much of the American economy into a fascist-style arrangement,

"... into a fascist-style arrangement,..."
"A New Jersey tailor named Jacob Maged was arrested and sent to jail for the “crime” of pressing a suit of clothes for 35 cents rather than the NRA-inspired “Tailor’s Code” of 40 cents."
No surprise here: FDR's New Deal was a copy of Mussolini's economic program.

Could anything short of setting up concentration camps for our citizens, be more radical???

Oh...wait....he did build concentration camps for innocent civilians....his own citizens.

9. How about The Far Left's Gender-Agenda., versus the Right's stand for tradition and reality: "Republicans Battle to Roll Back Washington's New Transgender Bathroom Rules"

Really....could there be a more pertinent example of the radical, insane Far Left's corruption of tradition and history???

Could there?

10. The corruption of the press by the Far Left: the JournoList Scandal: hundreds of Leftist journalists plotted to minimize negative publicity surrounding Obama’s radical ties. They plotted to smear the other side with lies. Peter Zenger....spinnning in his grave.

A clear affront to the honor bestowed on the press by the first amendment.

And several times, I've presented this challenge: If you have used the fallacy "Far Right," or never considered its usage, see if you can come up with any radical positions by conservatives, the right wing.

If you cannot......there is no "Far Right."

The definitions of "far-right and far-left" are subjective opinions. As usual, you try and make a point that your subjective opinion is the only accurate opinion and everyone who has a different opinion is wrong. Your long-winded explanations only show how you came to your opinion and not an objective analysis.
Excellent butthurt remark, culminating in a failed attempt to show any correlation to your claim and the OP. In layman's terms, pure bullshit.
Well, if you have never had to write a college thesis and pass scholastic requirements my post may be confusing, however, if you are familiar with the process you would understand my post.

So, no supporting evidence required for college thesises?

Man lol hahah

LMAO!

What is going on here?

You're on double blind **** probation!

Rules? Your thread..LOL. If you wish that sort of discussion..I suggest the structured debate forum..if you dare. Perhaps..you might support your case?? If you have one..and are not just seeking someone to knock down in your transparently obvious attempt to legitimize the Proud Boys and troll the 'Leftys".

iu

My case is a question as to what supposedly makes the Proud Boys, "far right".

So far, the majority of the response has been, because people like us say so.

There have been TWO real attempts at this, and I am following up with those posters.

There is no Far Right in this country. It is a useful term to hide the evil of what does exist: a Far Left.

The premise
here is that, if I can show that the values called 'Far Right' are actually at the center of American traditions, values, and history represent that center, well then, they cannot be correctly awarded the modifier "Far."

"especially of change or action relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough" (see Google.)

1. ... traditional marriage, that involves one man and one woman, and compare that with homosexual marriage.. Which one is radical?

2. Another of those positions under regular discussion is 'prayer' in the public arena....Congress opens each year with prayer. Opposing prayer is radical....religiosity is traditional in America.

3. Is 'free speech' embraced by one side, and opposed by the other? You betcha! Obama's Supreme Court nominee says it would be be proper to suppress speech because it is offensive to society or to the government.

....this radical view was advanced: affirmative action. Hence, Democrats....the Far Left.

5. Here's one more radical position by the Left....fighting to elect a sexual pervert and admitted liar and disbarred lawyer to the White House: Bill Clinton
Relative to American traditions, values, and history ...championing a man of such low character is a radical position.
Hence, Far Left..

6. Franklin Roosevelt threw the United States Constitution under the bus, and used the public fisc for all sorts of endeavors not authorized in Article 1, section 8.

7. Under Franklin Roosevlet the federal government was transformed from one of limited & enumerated powers only to the Frankensteinian monster it is today. ....the regulatory welfare state where the federal government regulates business and commerce, natural resources, human resources, ...
Under the Progressives, the federal government was no longer limited by the enumerated powers delegated in the Constitution; ...

8. Under Roosevelt's NRA, most manufacturing industries were suddenly forced into government-mandated cartels. Codes that regulated prices and terms of sale briefly transformed much of the American economy into a fascist-style arrangement,

"A New Jersey tailor named Jacob Maged was arrested and sent to jail for the “crime” of pressing a suit of clothes for 35 cents rather than the NRA-inspired “Tailor’s Code” of 40 cents."

Could anything short of setting up concentration camps for our citizens, be more radical???

Oh...wait....he did build concentration camps for innocent civilians....his own citizens.

9. How about The Far Left's Gender-Agenda., versus the Right's stand for tradition and reality: "Republicans Battle to Roll Back Washington's New Transgender Bathroom Rules"

Really....could there be a more pertinent example of the radical, insane Far Left's corruption of tradition and history???

Could there?

10. The corruption of the press by the Far Left: the JournoList Scandal: hundreds of Leftist journalists plotted to minimize negative publicity surrounding Obama’s radical ties. They plotted to smear the other side with lies. Peter Zenger....spinnning in his grave.

And several times, I've presented this challenge: If you have used the fallacy "Far Right," or never considered its usage, see if you can come up with any radical positions by conservatives, the right wing.

The definitions of "far-right and far-left" are subjective opinions. As usual, you try and make a point that your subjective opinion is the only accurate opinion and everyone who has a different opinion is wrong. Your long-winded explanations only show how you came to your opinion and is not an objective analysis.

You can't....hence you've proven my premise.

Dismissed.
Congressional Representative Steve King is an example of a far righr-wing politician.

SPLC designated the AFA "Far-right terrorists. The AFA is what used to be "The Moral Majority".

Bunch of church goers is all they are. That's how I know the SPLC is pure bullshit.

The way Anthony Cumia explained it's "founding" on Joe Rogan's podcast it sounds like a joke that took on a life of it's own. Anybody can start a new chapter of the Proud Boys in the same way anybody can start a new chapter of the KKK.

That was good. You said Proud Boys in the same post as KKK.

Of course what this thread is about, is letting people like you, SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS AND SMEARS.

Want to take a swing at that?

I wasn't accusing them of being racist. I'm pointing out that any racist can call themselves a Proud Boy, and get anybody who calls themselves a Proud Boy labeled the same way.

iu

My case is a question as to what supposedly makes the Proud Boys, "far right".

So far, the majority of the response has been, because people like us say so.

There have been TWO real attempts at this, and I am following up with those posters.
Proud Boys forbid and exclude female membership and are hence, opposed to diversity, a far-right concept and position.

The premise

Hence, Far Left..

Could there?

The definitions of "far-right and far-left" are subjective opinions. As usual, you try and make a point that your subjective opinion is the only accurate opinion and everyone who has a different opinion is wrong. Your long-winded explanations only show how you came to your opinion and is not an objective analysis.

You can't....hence you've proven my premise.

Dismissed.
Congressional Representative Steve King is an example of a far righr-wing politician.
Why can’t he be a man with a diverse opinion ?

"Sommer said the group, which probably includes no more than 1,000 members in the U.S.,

is a tamer version of the hard-core, racist and

anti-Semitic

alt-right groups that have sprung up in the shadow of Trump’s presidency."

Can't remember whose link I swiped this from.

but ....

Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.)

Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.)

Would they be considered a far right 'Proud Boy'?

HALIFAX — Until this week, few Canadians had heard of the Proud Boys. That changed on Canada Day, when five young men in matching black polo shirts disrupted an Aboriginal ceremony in Halifax.

That brief, 10-minute confrontation has put the military career of each man in doubt — and it has shone a spotlight on a retrograde group that sprung up last year amid the rise of Donald Trump and the many in-your-face, far-right groups that support him.

Will Sommer, a journalist in Washington, D.C., who has followed the small movement, said the group was founded in the U.S. by Gavin McInnes, a Canadian who helped establish Vice Media and is now an outspoken political pundit with an internet talk show and regular stints on Fox News and Canada’s Rebel Media website. (Vice severed ties with McInnes in 2008.)

Proud Boys: ‘Willing to go places and disrupt things’
---------------------------------------------------

They are alt right.

You left out this part:

"He suggested that the Aboriginal mourning ceremony was actually an “anti-Canada Day celebration,” which among other things included two people holding up an upside down Canadian flag with the word “decolonize” written on it."

Ofc the PC SJW Canadians will be all :aargh:

Canada is full of the descendants of people that couldn't hack being American. :abgg2q.jpg:

PENELOPE,

You are one of two posters that have seriously attempted to answer the op. I don't want your credible attempts to be lost in the pile of crap that most are doing.

1. Do you have a response to the above information that shows that the "mourning ceremony" had a political message?

2. Do you have any clarification about what these proud boys actually did, besides just being there?

Forum List

Back