Farmers on welfare: U.S. tariffs on China 'devastating' to rural America

This is an embarrassment to US farmers to become welfare recipients under Donald Trump.

Farm bankruptcies are up and small-town America is hurting and some towns may even be shriveling economically as farmers cut back their spending in response.

The Trump farm welfare is not enough to rescue rural America as farmers who aren't producing won't be spending their Trump welfare in town.

Farmers don't want Trump's welfare, they want their markets back.

Could Trump have harmed rural America in perpetuity?

U.S. tariffs on China 'devastating' to rural America

CGTN

U.S. farmers continue to voice their anger at Washington's protectionist trade policies, which have cost them dearly despite a second round of aid by the Donald Trump administration.

The President of the Minnesota Farmers Union, Gary Wertish, has criticized the U.S. tariff measures against China, noting that agricultural subsidies provided by the U.S. government are far from offsetting farmers' losses.
"No the farmers do not want that," said Wertish in an interview with CNN. "We want our markets back. We do not want the money from the taxpayers."

"It already has driven some farmers off the farm, which not only hurts the farming community but it hurts rural – small rural communities," Wertish added. "It's been very devastating to rural America." ...

Wow, pushing a Chinese propaganda outlet. Perhaps you should move your commie ass there, it will save you many, many tears and a ton of money on TDS butt hurt cream.

It's more than farmers

being in biz helps

can i have a show of hands?

how many biz peeps here are feeling the 'trade war' pinch?

~S~

Trump and his simpering, slavering, slave Blues Legend.
The slaves are coming across the southern border....via Pelosi's inaction....

Pelosi isn't in charge of stopping them. Trump is.
Wrong...its Congress that makes border rules and has control of the money...and she will not lift a finger to help the migrants if it also helps Trump...nice lady huh?...politics over suffering people...

ICE is funded. We already have border laws.
But the laws are ineffective...you said so yourself when you tried to pin it on Trump....

No I didn't. I said they aren't being enforced.

This is an embarrassment to US farmers to become welfare recipients under Donald Trump.

Farm bankruptcies are up and small-town America is hurting and some towns may even be shriveling economically as farmers cut back their spending in response.

The Trump farm welfare is not enough to rescue rural America as farmers who aren't producing won't be spending their Trump welfare in town.

CGTN

U.S. farmers continue to voice their anger at Washington's protectionist trade policies, which have cost them dearly despite a second round of aid by the Donald Trump administration.

The President of the Minnesota Farmers Union, Gary Wertish, has criticized the U.S. tariff measures against China, noting that agricultural subsidies provided by the U.S. government are far from offsetting farmers' losses.
"No the farmers do not want that," said Wertish in an interview with CNN. "We want our markets back. We do not want the money from the taxpayers."

"It already has driven some farmers off the farm, which not only hurts the farming community but it hurts rural – small rural communities," Wertish added. "It's been very devastating to rural America." ...

Correct on all counts

Team Trump is a howling irrational mob.

Trump's cabinet could be replaced with inflatable sex dolls with greater benefit to the USA.

The sex dolls wouldn't crowd around Trump's anus like flies.

LMAO who has lost it?? :auiqs.jpg:

Trump and his simpering, slavering, slave Blues Legend.
The slaves are coming across the southern border....via Pelosi's inaction....

Pelosi isn't in charge of stopping them. Trump is.
Wrong...its Congress that makes border rules and has control of the money...and she will not lift a finger to help the migrants if it also helps Trump...nice lady huh?...politics over suffering people...

You mean to help Trump contribute OPM to Donald Trump's favorite charity which is Donald Trump?

Farm report on the radio today has them expecting good seasons after Trump redid the deal with Japan.

Same will happen with China.

Japan is not buying 1/20 of what China did, even with the new deal. Corn prices kept going down even after the trade deal announcement. On the 19th they were up to 3.70 and today they are down under 3.60 again.

Farmers are on edge like they have not been in anyone's memory.

I was part of a Crop Tour last week and it was so evident how stressed our farmers are. The police had to come to one of the nightly meetings in Nebraska because it got so contentious and a few of the farmers had been drinking a bit too much. Then a farmer not part of the tour threatened the life of a USDA official over corn estimates. Neither of these things had ever happened in the 25 plus year history of the tour.
If you think this is bad, what do you think it would be like if China dominated our economy. It wouldn't be good for anyone then. Thank God we have a President with the balls to do what he's doing to prevent us from being the next Hong Kong or maybe even Venezuela. Don't kid yourself, Xi and China will try to take us over the minute they think we're weak enough.
There was no danger china woukd ever "dominate our economy". That's just a scare tactic the tRump apologists are feeding you to cover for his idiocy.
China will do everything in their power to become the worlds economic and military superpower. If you don't understand that, you're as dumb as all our Presidents going back to but not including Kennedy. The time is now and the man to do it is here. We'll never have another chance like this because I doubt any future President will have the balls Trump has. So if you keep playing your Obama imitation, everything will work itself out, you're going to be a big part of the problem here, and that problem will destroy America. Viva Trump.

Last edited:

CGTN

Wow, pushing a Chinese propaganda outlet. Perhaps you should move your commie ass there, it will save you many, many tears and a ton of money on TDS butt hurt cream.

Are you the TDS butt hurt cream franchise owner?

CGTN

Are you the TDS butt hurt cream franchise owner?

Nope, I'd prefer you commie assholes suffer. Now go and see if you can find some more anti-American propaganda to post.

Farm report on the radio today has them expecting good seasons after Trump redid the deal with Japan.

Japan is not buying 1/20 of what China did, even with the new deal. Corn prices kept going down even after the trade deal announcement. On the 19th they were up to 3.70 and today they are down under 3.60 again.

I was part of a Crop Tour last week and it was so evident how stressed our farmers are. The police had to come to one of the nightly meetings in Nebraska because it got so contentious and a few of the farmers had been drinking a bit too much. Then a farmer not part of the tour threatened the life of a USDA official over corn estimates. Neither of these things had ever happened in the 25 plus year history of the tour.
If you think this is bad, what do you think it would be like if China dominated our economy. It wouldn't be good for anyone then. Thank God we have a President with the balls to do what he's doing to prevent us from being the next Hong Kong or maybe even Venezuela. Don't kid yourself, Xi and China will try to take us over the minute they think we're weak enough.
There was no danger china woukd ever "dominate our economy". That's just a scare tactic the tRump apologists are feeding you to cover for his idiocy.
You are wrong about that....do you want America to be the leader of the world or do you want China to be that leader....hey!...I know!...ask Hong Kong what they think....
LMAO!! tRump is destroying alliances (not to mention trade deals) and offending allies left and right while cozying up to fascists and you have the nerve to talk about the US maintaining a world leadership position?

How can you possibly be this misguided?

Ask me how many fucks I give? We're still the biggest and the baddest, no thanks to commie cuck fucks like you.

You are wrong about that....do you want America to be the leader of the world or do you want China to be that leader....hey!...I know!...ask Hong Kong what they think....
LMAO!! tRump is destroying alliances (not to mention trade deals) and offending allies left and right while cozying up to fascists and you have the nerve to talk about the US maintaining a world leadership position?

Ask me how many fucks I give? We're still the biggest and the baddest, no thanks to commie cuck fucks like you.
But for now much longer at this rate?

:itsok:
Thank you for the consolation daddio. But the big question is was it worth it to give up our entire manufacturing base for slave labor? And what did we become? A country that was used by a dictatorship to supply them with soybeans. There's something seriously wrong with that equation.

Forevah! :spinner:

You do know China lost 350,000 + swine this year, right?

They're not in a good position right now. Soybean farmers could switch to pigs and make a mint.

Also I could get bacon at a decent price! :mad:

Right now we grow soybeans. Are you happy being the soybean king of the world? Is that all you want? Is that all the fuck you expect from your country? Trump is putting us back in the game. Don't be a dope. Embrace it.

They're not in a good position right now. Soybean farmers could switch to pigs and make a mint.

Now tRump is responsible for the swine flu?

And soybean farmers cannot just "switch to pork". Totally different facilities and knowledge base.

And soybean farmers cannot just "switch to pork". Totally different facilities and knowledge base.

You'd be surprised at what can happen.

Right now we grow soybeans. Are you happy being the soybean king of the world? Is that all you want? Is that all the fuck you expect from your country? Trump is putting us back in the game. Don't be a dope. Embrace it.
A. I don't grow shit. I run a small consulting business.

2. My father is a small rancher, so I know a little bit about this kinda thing.

III. Back in what "game"?

You'd be surprised at what can happen.
No, I wouldn't. Switching from soybeans to pig farming would require hundreds of thousands and even up to millions of dollars depending on scale, a long lead time (pigs tend to be slaughtered as yearlings), and a different knowledge base (ie care and feeding of). It also takes more staffing, the barns won't be built over night, you have to arrange for food and waste disposal (that's a big deal in pig farming) learn how to handle sick animals, and how to be around 1200 pound boar that doesn't want you close to him, among other things.

Soybean farmers aren't going to switch this week, trust me.

... by turning rural America into ghost towns?

Forum List

Back