Farmers 'panic-stricken' by shortage of migrant workers

That's awful!
After we boot the illegal aliens, maybe we can start a temporary farm worker program?
Work, earn, return home.
Maybe? What happens until then? How will it be different than now? The number of Mexicans coming here have been declining every year. The same question can be asked of every Republican on every GOP policy: Are you sure you've thought this through?
---------------------------- SURE , i thought it all through , if you want cherries start paying what cherries are worth and feck all 3 of you meaning , feck the farmers , feck the mex pickers and YOU Dean !! ----------- no offence meant Dean !!

If only it were that simple.

I'm willing to pay more but that won't get them picked.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I'm willing to pay more but that won't get them picked.

Neither will hiring illegals that are getting the boot.

People always act like if we got rid of illegals we would starve.
What about a work requirement for welfare for the able bodied? If they dont respect themselves enough to feed their own mouth, why should we?

not so good------the definition of "able bodied" is too vague. I have some experience in dealing
with that issue-------some work for welfare programs put arthritic old ladies out in the streets
struggling with garbage in cold weather-------controlled by WICKED WITCH SOCIAL WORKERS
wicked witch social workers are controlled by government policies that are cooked up in Washington. If THEY want to eat, they enforce policies.
Every senator and representative in Congress and the Pres and his cabinet too should all be forced to WORK as social workers with some of these unemployed and unemployable folks for six months. And to deal with what it means to live on those wonderful benefits so many of you think are generous and put them on easy street.
God, you are ALL so goddamned ignorant.
People with employability skills who aren't addicted or mentally ill or too sick to work or too dumb to grasp the responsibilities of a simple job are ALREADY working. They're not going to pick cherries or clean toilets.
6 million jobs available. So we can get unemployed from, from, uh, you're right. From where?

Around here there isn't too many white folks that like to catch turkeys and chickens to send to the slaughterhouses at 2am, I'm sorry abattoir, for you sophisticated long hairs...

Where does it say people have to like their work? Do you want to get paid?, then do the work, whether you like it or not

Or, you could actually read what I posted:

As 18 Guatemalans in hoodies and rubber boots toiled in such conditions recently in Oregon's Willamette Valley, their boss expressed admiration for their willingness to do the back-breaking work he said native-born Americans won't do.

"Homeless people are camped in the fir forest over there," the farmer said, pointing to a stand of trees. "And they're not looking for work."

"I don't trust that temps off the street, or jailhouse labor, or whatever alternative they come up with would work," she said.

They are saying those Americans aren't trustworthy. That they don't work hard.

Instead of implementing a policy and then trying to figure out what to do next, why not figure out the issues first and let facts determine the policy? Novel idea?

Well maybe if we removed the safety net from the ones who don't want to work it would motivate them a bit.

It just prove the whole "subsidizing doing nothing" argument non-progressives have been making for decades.
You really think you are going to make these people work:

J6dSLEqH6Ok_sQPrayi5fIlik-ZOGThLpp29iZzbEj8GLSOyJiLVaJApr8t10HQ8VfZFHQIUokIqPOx4G3YDK0jPEmCXXINdV1YZhpNV_8ivszWWu2JjXsBYcg

4648244+_4af60382fc5d6d29ee0573d60a4baf88.jpg

3f3e2f0d55c3bc97b33257c7b8887062--funny-fat-people-funny-people-pictures.jpg

0a3616f16987109b6dbbf837f2764208.jpg

1332-Man_forced_to_eat_beard.jpg

Your delusions are f*cking hilarious.

I was more thinking gangbangers from chicago.
Fewer gangbangers in Chicago than unemployed Trump voters throughout Appalachia.
Yet, you can never prove your outlandish claims, can you? I suggest, with all sincerity that you change your user name to "Washington Post".
Why do you think I post so many links nitwit?

Well maybe if we removed the safety net from the ones who don't want to work it would motivate them a bit.

It just prove the whole "subsidizing doing nothing" argument non-progressives have been making for decades.

J6dSLEqH6Ok_sQPrayi5fIlik-ZOGThLpp29iZzbEj8GLSOyJiLVaJApr8t10HQ8VfZFHQIUokIqPOx4G3YDK0jPEmCXXINdV1YZhpNV_8ivszWWu2JjXsBYcg

I was more thinking gangbangers from chicago.
Fewer gangbangers in Chicago than unemployed Trump voters throughout Appalachia.
Yet, you can never prove your outlandish claims, can you? I suggest, with all sincerity that you change your user name to "Washington Post".
Why do you think I post so many links nitwit?
Links from the proven lying media? Those links?

That's awful!
After we boot the illegal aliens, maybe we can start a temporary farm worker program?
Work, earn, return home.

or we can send a few busses to the inner cities and offer work to the unemployed there.
Or, you could actually read what I posted:

As 18 Guatemalans in hoodies and rubber boots toiled in such conditions recently in Oregon's Willamette Valley, their boss expressed admiration for their willingness to do the back-breaking work he said native-born Americans won't do.

"Homeless people are camped in the fir forest over there," the farmer said, pointing to a stand of trees. "And they're not looking for work."

"I don't trust that temps off the street, or jailhouse labor, or whatever alternative they come up with would work," she said.

They are saying those Americans aren't trustworthy. That they don't work hard.

Instead of implementing a policy and then trying to figure out what to do next, why not figure out the issues first and let facts determine the policy? Novel idea?

They don't work, they don't eat.
Anyway, it looks like it will take a month or 2 for them to get hungry.

Why ship? California can "employ" their welfare recipients. Florida can get theirs working...
And consider prisons an untapped work force.
With all of the immigrants that we have let waltz into our country and live off of our dole under the Obama administration, there should be an ample work force.
We'll see a year from next November, eh? :)

Yes, liberals should base their electoral hopes on produce prices.
They're hoping for any edge they can get and a tanking economy or increased food prices would do it.

Forum List

Back