Fascinating, beautiful, deadly - Polar Vortex

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Hypnotic animation of Earth shows how the freezing Polar Vortex has penetrated so deep into North America it has pushed the Gulf Stream south | Mail Online

836214153.gif

and the corresponding image from NASA

article-2548535-1B12748700000578-235_964x541.jpg

One fascinating aspect of the animation is that the Arctic blast can clearly be seen to have pushed the jet-stream that usually comes up from the Gulf of Mexico southwards of where it usually is.

Read more: Hypnotic animation of Earth shows how the freezing Polar Vortex has penetrated so deep into North America it has pushed the Gulf Stream south | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Certainly explains why its so damn cold here.

I'm sorry, you guys. Do try to stay warm as possible.
This will pass. Eventually.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9WXrGftXE&feature=player_embedded]Minnesota Cold (Part 4) Blowing Frozen Bubbles - YouTube[/ame]

Frozen bubbles

Last month, photographer Angela Kelly took a solution of soapy water out into the cold in Washington state, to make an amazing series of frozen-bubble photos. They have been widely shared these last few days. The science is pretty simple: the water freezes in the bitter air but the soapy solution allows it to retain it bubble form. As soon as you touch them, though, the heat from your fingers will melt the bubble. The largest of them make for photos like Kelly's, while the smallest ones can roll around on the ground like tiny marbles.

A few years ago, science teacher Nathan Ziegler explained the phenomenon on video as part of a great series called Minnesota Cold:

POLAR VORTEX: These Cold-Weather Experiments Will Help You Pass The Time Till Spring - Business Insider

Pfft, I'm toasty warm. I don't have any plants in my house, so the CO2 builds up and keeps it extra warm inside.

Why don't we hear about the Polar Vortex anymore? And if you figure that out post up the results and while you're at it where did the mood ring go.

I think they are related.

Why don't we hear about the Polar Vortex anymore? And if you figure that out post up the results and while you're at it where did the mood ring go.

Very top stories on DRUDGE right now...............

COLD BLAST HEARTLAND; CHILLS SUBZERO

Record -36° in Minnesota...
NEW YEAR'S EVE IN NYC COLDEST IN HISTORY?
Temps 30° BELOW normal...
Some of most extreme cold 'ever observed' in central Missouri...
Arctic Blast: Canada...

Frosty weather closes Maine ski areas...
'Pancake ice' on Lake Michigan...
UPDATE: Erie, PA pummeled by record 5 feet of snow...
NATIONAL GUARD MOBILIZED...

LIVE CHILL MAP...

yuk.....yuk.......and the climate crusaders think millions are sitting huddled in front of their fireplaces tonight trying to deal with the global warming crisis!!:bye1::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

I could actually deal with the cold if I knew that next summer, it'd be normal temps I n the low 90's so people could go to the ocean like most years in my life. But the last 3 summers has sucked.........highs almost all summer of low 80's. Blows........a little wind and nobody is going tot he damn beach because its like 72 in mid-July!!

LIVE CHILL MAP...

yuk.....yuk.......and the climate crusaders think millions are sitting huddled in front of their fireplaces tonight trying to deal with the global warming crisis!!:bye1::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Story re: the current polar vortex drop:

Polar vortex will bring winter’s coldest temperatures, but no guarantee of snow (yet)

LIVE CHILL MAP...
yuk.....yuk.......and the climate crusaders think millions are sitting huddled in front of their fireplaces tonight trying to deal with the global warming crisis

Nowhere on Sludge is 'Polar Vortex'. You failed. As does the childish non-argument 'why is it cold if the Earth is warming'.

Cons believe because their is water in Lake Erie that there can't be deserts anywhere. It is how a child views the world.

One of the primary predictions of global warming is weather swings that are wider and wilder. From two and three week wind storms in California that drive record wildfires, to weather systems that stop hurricanes in their tracks, and create 56" precipitation events in Houston.

What we are seeing right now was predicted by Dr. Francis in 2012. Another prediction by the scientists that has been proven to be spot on.

Hypnotic animation of Earth shows how the freezing Polar Vortex has penetrated so deep into North America it has pushed the Gulf Stream south | Mail Online

836214153.gif

and the corresponding image from NASA

article-2548535-1B12748700000578-235_964x541.jpg

One fascinating aspect of the animation is that the Arctic blast can clearly be seen to have pushed the jet-stream that usually comes up from the Gulf of Mexico southwards of where it usually is.

Read more: Hypnotic animation of Earth shows how the freezing Polar Vortex has penetrated so deep into North America it has pushed the Gulf Stream south | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Certainly explains why its so damn cold here.

Now use your head... The polar low is three times bigger than just two years ago, indicating the cold mass of air has tripled in size above the pole. The barometric pressures have also dropped intensifying the stability of the cooling.

IT's not because of warming as warming would have disrupted the polar low.

Phase change has begun. Cooling is now the order of the day for the northern hemisphere..

What we are seeing right now was predicted by Dr. Francis in 2012. Another prediction by the scientists that has been proven to be spot on.

This woman couldn't beat her way out of a wet paper bag. Anyone who understands partial pressures and solar influence will destroy her in any discussion. She makes wild ass assumptions that do not happen in real life and have been shown incorrect. She is an IDIOT...

This is the worst Winter of my life.

I've never been this cold. It's amazing.
Wrong.. It has... We just don't live long enough to experience the solar cycles of 180 to 360 years long. Were on the down side for the next 60 years.. Inside thirty years this type of winter will be common place.

Let us hope that we are not entering the next ice age.. Were over due..

Forum List

Back