🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast Boats at Haulover Cut in Miami

This the cut I use to get out to the ocean.

Haulover used to be one of the worst inlets to navigate during a changing tide. At one point it was considered the most dangerous on Florida's East Coast. Thankfully I used to live closer to Port Everglades and even though that can get nasty as well, it was never as bad as Haulover.

Haulover used to be one of the worst inlets to navigate during a changing tide. At one point it was considered the most dangerous on Florida's East Coast. Thankfully I used to live closer to Port Everglades and even though that can get nasty as well, it was never as bad as Haulover.

Haulover has a nude beach, doesn't it?

Haulover had a large State park but it wasn't nude when I was living there. On South Beach the European women used to sunbath topless and it was tolerated but not legally allowed.

Last time I was as there, after 2000 there was a nude beach at haulover. We used to go there in the 1950s.

Last time I was as there, after 2000 there was a nude beach at haulover. We used to go there in the 1950s.

It has been awhile since I was in South Florida and so much has changed. I spent most of my time as a kid in Birch State Park on Ft. Lauderdale beach, and in High School near Dania Pier which used to have another State park with empty beaches.

Miami's Haulover Beach: Dare to Go Bare | VISIT FLORIDA. Do you remember the little motel with the elephant in the front?
An elephant sounds familiar but I can't say with certainty. If I had to guess I'd say it was probably in the section of hotels north of Haulover beach. North of Haulover beach there was a whole row on the beach of smaller motels/hotels that were built in the 50's(?). South of Haulover inlet you had a number of hotels that were built even earlier that had very distinctive art deco features. Which area are you referring to?

An elephant sounds familiar but I can't say with certainty. If I had to guess I'd say it was probably in the section of hotels north of Haulover beach. North of Haulover beach there was a whole row on the beach of smaller motels/hotels that were built in the 50's(?). South of Haulover inlet you had a number of hotels that were built even earlier that had very distinctive art deco features. Which area are you referring to?

Yes. Small motels north of haulover. Had my picture on the elephant in 1954. Couldn't believe it was still there.

Forum List

Back