🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

American Workers need strong Unions again. It's the only way to keep greedy white Republican dude in check. Since their demise, the hateful greedy folks have been allowed to run amok. Wages have decreased or stayed stagnant. Unions are the only hope left for American Workers. Balance needs to be restored.

No...mexicans need to be removed.

Most Republicans have enjoyed Mexican Slave Labor for many years. Why would they wanna see that end?

Tell us about Canada then. What is this mystery only you know?

Oh lots of people know..you're just not one of em.
You see things are very expensive in canada and that so called high min wage doesnt buy much.
Apparently you've never been there.

I have been there. Now share a link to support your claim.

You obviously havent been there or you'd know what shit costs there.
Unless of course you went with mommy and daddy and they paid for everything.

Then you should have no trouble supporting your claim. Link?

So you're saying things arent more expensive in canada?
Anyone who's been there knows this.

More expensive compared to where? New York city? Link so we can see some real info.

American Workers need strong Unions again. It's the only way to keep greedy white Republican dude in check. Since their demise, the hateful greedy folks have been allowed to run amok. Wages have decreased or stayed stagnant. Unions are the only hope left for American Workers. Balance needs to be restored.

Most Republicans have enjoyed Mexican Slave Labor for many years. Why would they wanna see that end?

Them being anti immigration is a farce. They control congress and do nothing.

Why do you support low wages?

Unions are bankrupting many of our nations cities.

Yeah, i can't support Public Unions. But i have no poblem with Private Sector Unions. When they were strong, there was a balance. Greedy white Republican dude was kept in check. Since they've faded, he's gone completely out of control. He's been allowed his slaves. And that has to change.

Oh lots of people know..you're just not one of em.
You see things are very expensive in canada and that so called high min wage doesnt buy much.
Apparently you've never been there.

More expensive compared to where? New York city? Link so we can see some real info.

Another highly taxed liberal run cesspool.

So it seems you have nothing to back your claim. Shocking. It is dismissed.

So it seems you have nothing to back your claim. Shocking. It is dismissed.

Just reality.....
You see I have relatives in B.C. and spend time at there lake house on lake Okanagan.
So yes I know what things cost there,and I'm sure I could dig up some examples but I'm not playing your stupid game.

It appears not

Consumer Prices in Greenville, SC are 2.20%lower than in Calgary
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Greenville, SCare 4.61% lower than in Calgary
Rent Prices in Greenville, SC are 10.12% lowerthan in Calgary
Restaurant Prices in Greenville, SC are 8.82%lower than in Calgary
Groceries Prices in Greenville, SC are 0.40% lowerthan in Calgary
Local Purchasing Power in Greenville, SC is 4.89% higher than in Callgary

And don't even go with pay is higher, I won't find a industrial plastics maintenance job in Canada much higher then I am already making in South Carolina

And the clowns that want to just screw up your order while flipping burgers (and get less than 30 hours a week thanks to employers dodging the Obamacare mandates)????

Yeah....it'd be a shame if our nation granted each citizen automatic health care like so many others do. Like every other goddam thing in America the folks at the top are dreaming of a Lord/Serf society where, of course....they're the Lords.

Look closely then study about it for an hour or so then tell me which wealthy, powerful nation is missing from the list:

994024_652955014738983_638781952_n.png

Well now, you have a nice list of countries you'd likely be happier in. Why don't you move to one of them?

Screw that and screw you!! When I was a young man we led the world in this sort of thing. Now the goddam corporations and upper class have everything. Don't push it.....look at history. People will revolt before they let the elitist assholes have it all.

Right now the powerful declare unnecessary wars knowing that someone who's less fortunate will end up fighting and dying in the thing. When this country invaded Iraq they proved my case. Iraq had never done anything to the United States except try to assassinate old man Bush and he was in Qatar when Saddam Hussein did it. America used to be a nation for the people...now the goddamned upper 5% have it all. The richest 85 people in the world have more money than the 3.5 billion who are in the lower 50%. That's a travesty and only a Republican will support such a ridiculous thing.

Pity you....pity party for you!
OH woe is you.
A) when you were a young man YOU never even conceived that you would be able to converse with the world from the comfort of your basement bedroom!
B) You have now what NOT the Single richest person in the world had when you were a young man... the ability to call anyone anywhere in the world from anywhere...
even your basement bedroom!
C) When you were young 1 billion people were still in poverty levels... but today as an OLD man you are the reason that over 1 billion people in the world since
Here use the internet that didn't exist when you were young and SEE how this terrible Evil Capitalistic country of the USA has helped!!1

Poverty rates started to collapse towards the end of the 20th century largely because developing-country growth accelerated, from an average annual rate of 4.3% in 1960-2000 to 6% in 2000-10. Around two-thirds of poverty reduction within a country comes from growth. Greater equality also helps, contributing the other third. A 1% increase in incomes in the most unequal countries produces a mere 0.6% reduction in poverty; in the most equal countries, it yields a 4.3% cut.

China (which has never shown any interest in MDGs) is responsible for three-quarters of the achievement. Its economy has been growing so fast that, even though inequality is rising fast, extreme poverty is disappearing. China pulled 680m people out of misery in 1981-2010, and reduced its extreme-poverty rate from 84% in 1980 to 10% now.
http://www.economist.com/news/leade...out-extreme-poverty-20-years-world-should-aim

NOW you ignorant OLD man sitting in the basement USING a device that never existed as a young man...
Check this chart out!
The number one country by 25% is the USA helping CHINA lift nearly a billion people out of poverty!

List of the largest trading partners of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

View attachment 54453

Why hell yes.....that's the cause of this. If the bigwigs have their way we're on the way to their Lord/Serf society. If adjusted for inflation American workers are working for 1979 wages. Only the pricks at the top are making out like bandits. Live With It Numb Nuts!!

winners-take-all-1979-2007.png

It appears not

And don't even go with pay is higher, I won't find a industrial plastics maintenance job in Canada much higher then I am already making in South Carolina

Depends where you are, but overall it says cheaper to live in Canada.

Not how it works sparky. Work a job you deserve a livable wage. Simple as that.

You deserve to be paid what you and your employer agree to at the time you start your employment. Simple as that.
AGREE!? ROFLMWAO! HAHAHAHAHHHAHHAAAHAHA! AGREE! LMAO....blackmail is not agreeing. When it comes to feeding your family on what meager wage you are TOLD you make and letting them starve you take the meager slave wage and you fight for a rightful wage. Agree...what a tool. We WILL win...so no need to worry. We aren't going away. :) Be a big mistake to automatize everything as well...those machines ya know...they are expensive to replace and/or fix....tsk tsk. On top of being boycotted by everyone.

A. You having a family has ZERO relevancy to how much your skill level is worth at your job.

B. If you're making a meager wage then what business do you have in creating a family you can't pay for in the first place?
Way to go. You managed to skip around my entire reply. We do agree You care less about people having families,We care less if you don't think we "deserve" a livable wage. :) I for one will continue to enjoy the subsidizing of others expenses and getting those subsidizes since ya know its to much to ask for the big corporations that pay MILLION dollar salaries to CEO's to pay a livable wage to their workers selling THEIR CRAP. We will continue down this road until we are either given a legit wage based on human decency and not your silly "market" crap or we will destroy the system in the process of getting what every working man and woman DESERVES.

It appears not

Depends where you are, but overall it says cheaper to live in Canada.

You ever been to Canada? My wife and I vacationed once in central Quebec. Our vacation was scheduled so it would give us an extra day Labor day. It dropped from the high 50's/low 60's to freezing each night we were there. I like east Tennessee and the smoky mountains.

The argument that minimum wage jobs weren't meant to support a family used to be true. The Great Recession gutted the middle class so many had to move to lower wage jobs, hence the outcry by millions for a better wage. These things are related.

I think a $15/hr minimum wage is a good idea for any business over say 15-20 employees. But it will hurt startups and those with 10 or less employees. There should be two tiers, $11/hr for under 15 employees, $15/hr for those over.

I think $15/hr across the board will actually stifle many of these people that want to start their own small business of doing so. Larger companies should stop bitching.

1. Have five years total capital
2. Know who to hire (which can be farmed out)
3. Never, ever, ever, hire family

Have all three and $15hr will be no big deal.

Fast Food workers are paid accordingly to their job. If they want a living wage then instead of increasing the min. wage I would rather see JTPA's instead.

It is better to educate the lower income so they can apply and obtain higher paying jobs. Fast Food Jobs should be a stepping stone for teenagers and a final job if someone that is retire wanting extra dollars, and not a career path.

How much do you pay someone that makes you all of your money?

Forum List

Back