🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

American Workers need strong Unions again. It's the only way to keep greedy white Republican dude in check. Since their demise, the hateful greedy folks have been allowed to run amok. Wages have decreased or stayed stagnant. Unions are the only hope left for American Workers. Balance needs to be restored.

What greedy fat white dudes.

I know people who own franchises (McDonalds) and make a pretty poor salary compared to the time they put in (often covering for these people whose salaries you want to increase).

They are franchises. What do you think happens to them when you burden them with this ?

I am really anxious to hear your answer.

I agree we have an income distribution issue, but this isn't the answer.

Tell us about Canada then. What is this mystery only you know?

Oh lots of people know..you're just not one of em.
You see things are very expensive in canada and that so called high min wage doesnt buy much.
Apparently you've never been there.

I have been there. Now share a link to support your claim.

You obviously havent been there or you'd know what shit costs there.
Unless of course you went with mommy and daddy and they paid for everything.

Then you should have no trouble supporting your claim. Link?

So you're saying things arent more expensive in canada?
Anyone who's been there knows this.

Good grief yes it is more expensive.

One thing if the wages go up to 15 dollars it might actually be good for the consumer.

The price of a hamburger doubles. People stop buying hamburgers and go back to cooking their own.

Since the demand, by fast food stores drops, there is a surplus of meat causing the price to drop.

The price of a burger won't double.

How much?

Nowhere near double. With all low wage workers getting a raise sales will increase to cover cost.

Please explain the thought process that has you arrive at the conclusion that "getting a raise????will increase to cover cost? What does that even mean?

Are you saying that by them getting a raise, that means sales will increase to cover cost? I might be wrong but I do believe McDonald's sells as many hamburgers as they can. Logically a higher price for a hamburger will mean less sales, thus less profit, unless they double the price.

American Workers need strong Unions again. It's the only way to keep greedy white Republican dude in check. Since their demise, the hateful greedy folks have been allowed to run amok. Wages have decreased or stayed stagnant. Unions are the only hope left for American Workers. Balance needs to be restored.

I know people who own franchises (McDonalds) and make a pretty poor salary compared to the time they put in (often covering for these people whose salaries you want to increase).

They are franchises. What do you think happens to them when you burden them with this ?

If Canada can afford an $11-12 Minumum Wage, i think the richest nation on earth can match that, or do better. And shite corporations like McDonalds have made several $Billions off their slave workers' blood, sweat, and tears. They can afford to give back a bit. They'll survive.

One thing if the wages go up to 15 dollars it might actually be good for the consumer.

The price of a hamburger doubles. People stop buying hamburgers and go back to cooking their own.

Since the demand, by fast food stores drops, there is a surplus of meat causing the price to drop.

The price of a burger won't double.

How much?

Nowhere near double. With all low wage workers getting a raise sales will increase to cover cost.

Please explain the thought process that has you arrive at the conclusion that "getting a raise????will increase to cover cost? What does that even mean?

Are you saying that by them getting a raise, that means sales will increase to cover cost? I might be wrong but I do believe McDonald's sells as many hamburgers as they can. Logically a higher price for a hamburger will mean less sales, thus less profit, unless they double the price.

Partially correct, but I work with people who have a tendency to frequent fast food joints where the employees don't have an attitude.

I don't understand why you people do not understand the concept of inflation. The issue of raising the mimimum wage isn't about skill, it's about what 15 per hour buys.

If Canada can have an $11-12 Minimum Wage, there's no reason why the richest nation on earth couldn't match that, or do better. Period, end of story.

You know nothing about canada and the way they lead their lives.

Canada's doing just fine taking care of its workers. The U.S. can to. Paying American Workers a livable wage won't cause a calimitous collapse most Republicans predict will happen. They use that fear tactic in the hopes they'll be allowed to continue paying their workers shite wages.

Again...you dont know shit about canada.

Tell us about Canada then. What is this mystery only you know?

Yeah, i've laid out the Canada formula. I actually know a bit about Canada and what its Conservatives achieved. They balanced the budget, lowered its Corporate Tax Rate, and consistently raised its Minumum Wage.

Canada now enjoys no Debt and low Unemployment. Its workers also make a livable wage. It's a formula that's been proven to work. We could learn a lot from our northern neighbor.

If Canada can afford an $11-12 Minumum Wage, i think the richest nation on earth can match that, or do better. And shite corporations like McDonalds have made several $Billions off their slave workers' blood, sweat, and tears. They can afford to give back a bit. They'll survive.

Read, Learn

What's Required to Open a McDonald's Franchise?

Read, Learn

Don't wanna pay a fellow American a livable wage, don't open a business or just do the work yourself. It's your call.

Read, Learn

Don't wanna pay a fellow American a livable wage, don't open a business or just do the work yourself. It's your call.
Did you piss in the fryer or jack off on the McRib? It had to be one of those to make you so bitter you got fired.

I work with a guy who's wife was a controller for a guy who owns 19 McDonald's.
Their Operations Management is fully automated and the owner raked in at least 300K a year per Joint.
He got Police Protection because he fed them for free.
She was making 35K for 13 years and he finally canned her because he found an ex-cocaine addict to do it for 30K.
He and his wife went from being staunch Republicans to Democrats overnight.

Read, Learn

Didn't read, didn't learn.

No surprise

The higher the labor cost the greater the incentive for employers to automate.

It really IS that simple.

Read, Learn

Did you piss in the fryer or jack off on the McRib? It had to be one of those to make you so bitter you got fired.

Hey, wanna be a cheapskate prick? Cool, get your fat ass on the fryolater and make your own damn fries. People don't exist to be your slaves. You open a business, expect to pay fellow Americans a livable wage. Deal with it.

So let them automate already and shut everyone up.
If they're NOT automating, that means it's too expensive to install and / or manage.

Read, Learn

No surprise

No one's forcing you to hire workers. You don't wanna pay? Simply do the work yourself.

Read, Learn

You act like you can do something about it.
My call is to continue to pay the going rate for burger flippers......you can get a better job or stop whining ...It's your call.

So let them automate already and shut everyone up.
If they're NOT automating, that means it's too expensive to install and / or manage.

Yeah, greedy white Republican dude loves to play the 'Automation Card.' As if that's gonna solve the problems. Less Americans working will not be a good thing for them. They'll pay for that bigtime.

Read, Learn

No surprise

No one's forcing you to hire workers. You don't wanna pay? Simply do the work yourself.

Nah...I think i'll stick with paying less for shit for brains laborers because I dont feel like doing the work myself.
And of course my time is far more valuable than some idiots from south of the border.

Yeah, greedy white Republican dude loves to play the 'Automation Card.' As if that's gonna solve the problems. Less Americans working will not be a good thing for them. They'll pay for that bigtime.

Actually they won't.

Business will increase because those laid-off slackers will pop in to buy their fast food using their free-for-life ObamATMcards,

Read, Learn

No surprise

Ah, just more excuses for paying fellow Americans shite wages. Heard it all before. You don't wanna pay? Don't open a business or do the work yourself. Simple as that.

Forum List

Back