🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

American Workers need strong Unions again. It's the only way to keep greedy white Republican dude in check. Since their demise, the hateful greedy folks have been allowed to run amok. Wages have decreased or stayed stagnant. Unions are the only hope left for American Workers. Balance needs to be restored.

What greedy fat white dudes.

I know people who own franchises (McDonalds) and make a pretty poor salary compared to the time they put in (often covering for these people whose salaries you want to increase).

They are franchises. What do you think happens to them when you burden them with this ?

I am really anxious to hear your answer.

I agree we have an income distribution issue, but this isn't the answer.

If Canada can afford an $11-12 Minumum Wage, i think the richest nation on earth can match that, or do better. And shite corporations like McDonalds have made several $Billions off their slave workers' blood, sweat, and tears. They can afford to give back a bit. They'll survive.

Read, Learn

What's Required to Open a McDonald's Franchise?

Don't wanna pay a fellow American a livable wage, don't open a business or just do the work yourself. It's your call.

You act like you can do something about it.
My call is to continue to pay the going rate for burger flippers......you can get a better job or stop whining ...It's your call.

Or, get your fat ass on the fryolater and do the work yourself. If you're not willing to do that, then quit ya whining and pay a fellow American a livable wage. Period, end of story.

If Canada can afford an $11-12 Minumum Wage, i think the richest nation on earth can match that, or do better. And shite corporations like McDonalds have made several $Billions off their slave workers' blood, sweat, and tears. They can afford to give back a bit. They'll survive.

Read, Learn

Don't wanna pay a fellow American a livable wage, don't open a business or just do the work yourself. It's your call.

Didn't read, didn't learn.

No surprise

No one's forcing you to hire workers. You don't wanna pay? Simply do the work yourself.

Nah...I think i'll stick with paying less for shit for brains laborers because I dont feel like doing the work myself.
And of course my time is far more valuable than some idiots from south of the border.

Bingo! Hey, at least you're honest. I gotta give you that. You're an admitted typical fat greedy white Republican dude who demands his slaves. It is what it is.

What greedy fat white dudes.

I know people who own franchises (McDonalds) and make a pretty poor salary compared to the time they put in (often covering for these people whose salaries you want to increase).

They are franchises. What do you think happens to them when you burden them with this ?

I am really anxious to hear your answer.

I agree we have an income distribution issue, but this isn't the answer.

Read, Learn

No surprise

Ah, just more excuses for paying fellow Americans shite wages. Heard it all before. You don't wanna pay? Don't open a business or do the work yourself. Simple as that.

Ah, just more excuses for paying fellow Americans shite wages

If they want more than shit wages, they need to find someone to pay them more, or get an education so someone thinks they are worth more.

minimum wage is for people starting at the bottom, or school kids.

not people trying to make a living

Yeah, greedy white Republican dude loves to play the 'Automation Card.' As if that's gonna solve the problems. Less Americans working will not be a good thing for them. They'll pay for that bigtime.

Actually they won't.

Business will increase because those laid-off slackers will pop in to buy their fast food using their free-for-life ObamATMcards,

You the Taxpayer will subsidize less Americans working. The shite Corporations will be happy, but average American Taxpayers are gonna suffer immensely.

Read, Learn

No surprise

Ah, just more excuses for paying fellow Americans shite wages. Heard it all before. You don't wanna pay? Don't open a business or do the work yourself. Simple as that.

If they want more than shit wages, they need to find someone to pay them more, or get an education so someone thinks they are worth more.

Nah, you can't have your slaves anymore. Sorry bout that.

You the Taxpayer will subsidize less Americans working. The shite Corporations will be happy, but average American Taxpayers are gonna suffer immensely.

Which is OK because Americans have twice voted for those who promise them free stuff. Forgetting, of course, that somebody has to pay. Sooner or later but the emphasis continues to be on the "later".

Which is OK because Americans have twice voted for those who promise them free stuff. Forgetting, of course, that somebody has to pay. Sooner or later but the emphasis continues to be on the "later".

With Republicans, only the Contributors get a hand out.
With Democrats, everybody gets a hand out.

You white Republican dudes continue to confuse Corporatism with Capitalism. You don't have to defend shite corporations like Walmart and McDonalds to prove you're a 'Good Capitalist.' Hopefully one day you'll come to realize that.

No surprise

:blahblah::blahblah:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

:fu:

:rofl:

No surprise

I know right? Pisses you off that you can't have your slaves anymore, huh? Oh well, too bad. Deal with it.

No surprise

I know right? Pisses you off that you can't have your slaves anymore, huh? Oh well, too bad. Deal with it.

th

One thing if the wages go up to 15 dollars it might actually be good for the consumer.

The price of a hamburger doubles. People stop buying hamburgers and go back to cooking their own.

Since the demand, by fast food stores drops, there is a surplus of meat causing the price to drop.

The price of a burger won't double.

How much?

Nowhere near double. With all low wage workers getting a raise sales will increase to cover cost.

Please explain the thought process that has you arrive at the conclusion that "getting a raise????will increase to cover cost? What does that even mean?

Are you saying that by them getting a raise, that means sales will increase to cover cost? I might be wrong but I do believe McDonald's sells as many hamburgers as they can. Logically a higher price for a hamburger will mean less sales, thus less profit, unless they double the price.

Partially correct, but I work with people who have a tendency to frequent fast food joints where the employees don't have an attitude.

O I C give them a big raise and their attitude will be so much better that people will forget about how much the burger cost. If that be the case don't you think that the fast food industry would see that and be doing it?

The price of a burger won't double.

How much?

Nowhere near double. With all low wage workers getting a raise sales will increase to cover cost.

Please explain the thought process that has you arrive at the conclusion that "getting a raise????will increase to cover cost? What does that even mean?

Are you saying that by them getting a raise, that means sales will increase to cover cost? I might be wrong but I do believe McDonald's sells as many hamburgers as they can. Logically a higher price for a hamburger will mean less sales, thus less profit, unless they double the price.

Partially correct, but I work with people who have a tendency to frequent fast food joints where the employees don't have an attitude.

O I C give them a big raise and their attitude will be so much better that people will forget about how much the burger cost. If that be the case don't you think that the fast food industry would see that and be doing it?

It's happening at the Walmart near where I work.
The staff is happier and more helpful and checking out is becoming faster.
They used to be so depressed I didn't want to go there for my soda.

And the clowns that want to just screw up your order while flipping burgers (and get less than 30 hours a week thanks to employers dodging the Obamacare mandates)????

Yeah....it'd be a shame if our nation granted each citizen automatic health care like so many others do. Like every other goddam thing in America the folks at the top are dreaming of a Lord/Serf society where, of course....they're the Lords.

Look closely then study about it for an hour or so then tell me which wealthy, powerful nation is missing from the list:

994024_652955014738983_638781952_n.png

Well now, you have a nice list of countries you'd likely be happier in. Why don't you move to one of them?

Screw that and screw you!! When I was a young man we led the world in this sort of thing. Now the goddam corporations and upper class have everything. Don't push it.....look at history. People will revolt before they let the elitist assholes have it all.

I disagree. I think if Americans revolt, it will be against the nonsensical totalitarian Left.

Meaning you people.

And it will be a short revolt.

And the clowns that want to just screw up your order while flipping burgers (and get less than 30 hours a week thanks to employers dodging the Obamacare mandates)????

Yeah....it'd be a shame if our nation granted each citizen automatic health care like so many others do. Like every other goddam thing in America the folks at the top are dreaming of a Lord/Serf society where, of course....they're the Lords.

Look closely then study about it for an hour or so then tell me which wealthy, powerful nation is missing from the list:

994024_652955014738983_638781952_n.png

Well now, you have a nice list of countries you'd likely be happier in. Why don't you move to one of them?

Screw that and screw you!! When I was a young man we led the world in this sort of thing. Now the goddam corporations and upper class have everything. Don't push it.....look at history. People will revolt before they let the elitist assholes have it all.

I disagree. I think if Americans revolt, it will be against the nonsensical totalitarian Left.

Meaning you people.

And it will be a short revolt.

All the Financial Institutions have to do is close bank and credit accounts.
But then they'll have to sucker each other.
Nah! That won't work.

there has been a steady decline of the middle class which began with the decline of the labor movement. People bemoan the loss of "good manufacturing jobs " as if there is something magical about manufacturing jobs. It was unions that turned those jobs into good jobs. There were manufacturing jobs before unions but back then they were known as sweat shop jobs and people worked 10 hours a day six days a week, that was a 'standard work week'. I have an old calendar dated 1914 and it is telling that it only has 1 red day a week, that being Sunday. There was no such thing as a weekend before unions fought for the 40hr work week. Companies cried about how they couldn't afford to pay full wages for only 40 hours a week instead of the "normal" 60! They would go out of business and everyone would loose their jobs!

Well, of course that didn't happen, and the greatest middle class there has ever been was created. Now we are seeing the same thing with the push for $15 an hour. The claims that $15 an hour will ruin business are lies and anyone fooled by these claims only work to destroy what is left of the middle class. The manufacturing jobs that went overseas aren't good jobs anymore, they're sweat shop jobs again!

The point is, it doesn't matter if the job is manufacturing cars or hamburgers, it should still pay a living wage. Any business that makes profits while its workers live in poverty deserves to fail. Even if the cost of labor were to increase $6 from $9 to $15, it would not make prices skyrocket. Labor is only one component of the total cost, there is also raw materials, land and permanent assets (building and such), transportation, advertising, executive salaries, and of course profits. If the price of a burger goes from $5.00 to $5.25 no one will stop buying burgers but all those people who got a raise will become much more self sufficient. They won't need government handouts. They will have cash to spend in the economy which will then grow faster. Businesses will benefit, not be hurt.

When everyone does better, everyone does better!

Exactly....the reason the well to do bosses in this country don't want to pay good wages is that they're afraid they will ultimately lose their gravy train.

In the late 40's, early 50's a corporate executive earned 12-15 times what a plumber or electrician earned. By the 70's that multiplier had risen to 100 times as much. In 2012 the average CEO made 500 times as much as an average worker. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what happened. The hand picked boards of directors will let their CEO get away with anything he wants to.....that's why you see CEO's of failing companies leave with a "magic Umbrella" which hands them multi-millions as they exit. The big boys are responsible for the end of the middle class. They just couldn't stand to see their son stand and pick his nose while some hard working average guy became his boss.

Exactly right. Meanwhile let's pick on those at the bottom of the ladder, it's all those dirty immigrants!

Look up not down!
there has been a steady decline of the middle class which began with the decline of the labor movement. People bemoan the loss of "good manufacturing jobs " as if there is something magical about manufacturing jobs. It was unions that turned those jobs into good jobs. There were manufacturing jobs before unions but back then they were known as sweat shop jobs and people worked 10 hours a day six days a week, that was a 'standard work week'. I have an old calendar dated 1914 and it is telling that it only has 1 red day a week, that being Sunday. There was no such thing as a weekend before unions fought for the 40hr work week. Companies cried about how they couldn't afford to pay full wages for only 40 hours a week instead of the "normal" 60! They would go out of business and everyone would loose their jobs!

Well, of course that didn't happen, and the greatest middle class there has ever been was created. Now we are seeing the same thing with the push for $15 an hour. The claims that $15 an hour will ruin business are lies and anyone fooled by these claims only work to destroy what is left of the middle class. The manufacturing jobs that went overseas aren't good jobs anymore, they're sweat shop jobs again!

The point is, it doesn't matter if the job is manufacturing cars or hamburgers, it should still pay a living wage. Any business that makes profits while its workers live in poverty deserves to fail. Even if the cost of labor were to increase $6 from $9 to $15, it would not make prices skyrocket. Labor is only one component of the total cost, there is also raw materials, land and permanent assets (building and such), transportation, advertising, executive salaries, and of course profits. If the price of a burger goes from $5.00 to $5.25 no one will stop buying burgers but all those people who got a raise will become much more self sufficient. They won't need government handouts. They will have cash to spend in the economy which will then grow faster. Businesses will benefit, not be hurt.

When everyone does better, everyone does better!

Exactly....the reason the well to do bosses in this country don't want to pay good wages is that they're afraid they will ultimately lose their gravy train.

In the late 40's, early 50's a corporate executive earned 12-15 times what a plumber or electrician earned. By the 70's that multiplier had risen to 100 times as much. In 2012 the average CEO made 500 times as much as an average worker. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what happened. The hand picked boards of directors will let their CEO get away with anything he wants to.....that's why you see CEO's of failing companies leave with a "magic Umbrella" which hands them multi-millions as they exit. The big boys are responsible for the end of the middle class. They just couldn't stand to see their son stand and pick his nose while some hard working average guy became his boss.

Exactly right. Meanwhile let's pick on those at the bottom of the ladder, it's all those dirty immigrants!

Look up not down!

Precisely.

Look up and see all that heavenly glory.

Look down and see yourself pee

A choice.

How much?

It's happening at the Walmart near where I work.
The staff is happier and more helpful and checking out is becoming faster.
They used to be so depressed I didn't want to go there for my soda.

So now you spend more?

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle
I don't understand why you people do not understand the concept of inflation. The issue of raising the mimimum wage isn't about skill, it's about what 15 per hour buys.

If Canada can have an $11-12 Minimum Wage, there's no reason why the richest nation on earth couldn't match that, or do better. Period, end of story.

But why should we? Still awaiting the logical premise.

I'll let you think about that a bit more. I'm sure you'll eventually come up with some good reasons.

TRANSLATION: "I don't have a fuckin' clue."

Forum List

Back