🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

I believe the best solution to the immigration issue is work visas with absolute no path to citizenship unless they leave the country and get in the back of the line.

Work visas would last five years and would be subjected to Congress approval to renew the visa program.

Also the owner of the company that employ illegals that obtain work visa would be subjected to fines for hiring illegals, and also have to pay for the visas for those they employ that need a visa.

Finally, the visa will not grant any rights, and those that have a visa would not be able to obtain any form of government assistance.

Arrest, fine, and incarcerate employers that knowingly hire undocumented workers.

Not how it works sparky. Work a job you deserve a livable wage. Simple as that.

You deserve to be paid what you and your employer agree to at the time you start your employment. Simple as that.
AGREE!? ROFLMWAO! HAHAHAHAHHHAHHAAAHAHA! AGREE! LMAO....blackmail is not agreeing. When it comes to feeding your family on what meager wage you are TOLD you make and letting them starve you take the meager slave wage and you fight for a rightful wage. Agree...what a tool. We WILL win...so no need to worry. We aren't going away. :) Be a big mistake to automatize everything as well...those machines ya know...they are expensive to replace and/or fix....tsk tsk. On top of being boycotted by everyone.

A. You having a family has ZERO relevancy to how much your skill level is worth at your job.

B. If you're making a meager wage then what business do you have in creating a family you can't pay for in the first place?

the winner.

don't be making babies if you can't AFFORD to take care of them. It's not up to a business or the taxpayers to support YOU. take some responsibility. get a better skill or go work a SECOND job
Not fond of capitals are you darling? We work therefore no one is SUPPORTING us we are due a wage that we can live on. NO ONE and NOTHING gets to decide well your job isn't HARD ENOUGH for you to earn more money. You capitalist swine will learn the hard way I suppose.

Why don't you people ever want to FIX ANYTHING? Fixing the minimum wage wont fix anything. IT is but a band aid that actually hurts the non skilled.
How about we battle inflation and the FED? How about we focus on getting manufacturing back? How about we focus n making people WANT to bring their money here?
With these interest rates, if we had someone competent in the WH, we would all be eating gold for dinner.

Bullshit! The minimum wage is the base for ALL wages.

It will not happen even if Trump were elected. ( Deporting them all )

So try to find a middle ground. Also if you put them on visas, and have a five year window with congress approval for renew would mean those illegals are in a data base, and five years later you can order deportation and get a good majority of them.

Sometimes you have to play to get your way.

Trump won't be elected. The GOP doesn't want the White House.

Problem:

How do you stop a employer or land owner from employing illegals or renting to them?

You can pass the laws, but enacting and enforcing them is subject to the leader of each state and local government, so the law would be worthless.

Again find a middle ground to fight and catch those you want gone.

Audit the employer.

Why don't you people ever want to FIX ANYTHING? Fixing the minimum wage wont fix anything. IT is but a band aid that actually hurts the non skilled.
How about we battle inflation and the FED? How about we focus on getting manufacturing back? How about we focus n making people WANT to bring their money here?
With these interest rates, if we had someone competent in the WH, we would all be eating gold for dinner.

Bullshit! The minimum wage is the base for ALL wages.
ok

You answered your own question.

"educated"
========

But their " education " teaches them only these ideas:

Cut the work force

Cut the benefits to the work force

Outsource all possible jobs to China or India for slave labor

Make the product smaller and charge more

Cut the quality of the product

Demand a bigger bonus even when the company lost money

THAT IS ALL THEY LEARN IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING THAT MBA

You answered your own question.

"educated"
========

But their " education " teaches them only these ideas:

Cut the work force

Cut the benefits to the work force

Outsource all possible jobs to China or India for slave labor

Make the product smaller and charge more

Cut the quality of the product

Demand a bigger bonus even when the company lost money

THAT IS ALL THEY LEARN IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING THAT MBA

educated, as in at least high school graduates.

educated, as in knowing how to do more than flip hamburgers, or offer fries.

educated, as in not needing pictures on the cash register to be able to ring up an order.

educated, as in being able to count out change without using their fingers.

I haven't worked for minimum wage since the summer before my senior year.

I made sure my employers knew I was WORTH more than minimum wage.

and there is NO reason, nearly 50 years later, people not in high school should be so uneducated they have to accept minimum wage.

People working 40 hour weeks for minimum wage have only themselves to blame.

Mcdonalds shouldnt have executives...

Only a workers commune...lol

Burgers should be free, its a "right" !!!

I worked in a union job for 30 years and yes the benefits were good and the pay was above what most made non-union. But, those making less did not do the work i was trained to do. Back then a degree wasn't needed to do my work. Today that has changed. People ask me, what do they have to do to gethired. I tell them they need a two year degree, that is all they are now looking at. That is the end of the discussion.

So what jobs are left for the under educated and unskilled? Used to be mill jobs but not since Clinton and NAFTA those jobs blew away just like predicted. So what else? There is nothing. Working in WalMart.

What is truly a sad testemony is that people want to go on strike to flip burgers or sweep the floor at walmart for more money. When in fact they should be getting some sort of education. I would suggest a craft those people are in demand. Not someone who just wants a job to get by.

Many manufacturing jobs took no great skill, but it was still demanding, standing on the line putting the same but on the same bolt 5 days a week, fifty weeks a year for a lifetime.

Denagrading those with less ability than you only helps to divide the people.

Divide and conquer, an ancient strategy.

I read my post twice and I didn't degrade anyone, except those who won't do the work to get a job. After High School I had no idea what I wanted to be. I wanted to be a draftman but my teacher shot that idea down hard, and I am not sure why. Guess I wasn't good enough. So I quit my Burger King job and sailed off to the Navy where I learned my trade, after 6 years. My point of my thread was I am not sure if there are a lot of youngsters making that kind of commitment.

One thing if the wages go up to 15 dollars it might actually be good for the consumer.

The price of a hamburger doubles. People stop buying hamburgers and go back to cooking their own.

Since the demand, by fast food stores drops, there is a surplus of meat causing the price to drop.

One thing if the wages go up to 15 dollars it might actually be good for the consumer.

The price of a hamburger doubles. People stop buying hamburgers and go back to cooking their own.

Since the demand, by fast food stores drops, there is a surplus of meat causing the price to drop.
Well, that opens up a real can of worms.

One of my brothers lives in England and was visiting recently. We barbequed steaks, regular size, and he laughed about how big they were. And he ate about half of it. He was just fine.

Taking the economy in this direction - and it's definitely where we're headed - will probably decrease the size of a lot of things, but is that necessarily bad? A 45" TV instead of a 60" TV, for example? Could we survive? More people cooking at home, as you point out, and maybe less rampant obesity?

I think about this a lot, and I think it's a reasonable discussion.

The price of a burger won't double.

How much?

How much?

Nowhere near double. With all low wage workers getting a raise sales will increase to cover cost.

These people are being led by the nose showing they are not Reliable or smart enough to stand on their own two feet. and they want someone to pay them $15 bucks an hour for a job a monkey can be trained to do.

what a bunch of messed up people who we should no the UNIONS and the DNC are behind all this

A good time for Unions to make a big comeback in this country. There is a correlation between the demise of Unions and wages being lowered or staying stagnant. Unions are not the 'Evil Boogeyman' greedy white Republican dude makes them out to be.

Unions did an incredible amount of good for American Workers. They kept greedy white Republican dude in check for the most part. Since they've fallen, greedy folks have been allowed to run amok in this country. It's time for the pendulum to swing back in the workers' direction.
Unions won't prevent automation from eliminating jobs.

These people are being led by the nose showing they are not Reliable or smart enough to stand on their own two feet. and they want someone to pay them $15 bucks an hour for a job a monkey can be trained to do.

what a bunch of messed up people who we should no the UNIONS and the DNC are behind all this

A good time for Unions to make a big comeback in this country. There is a correlation between the demise of Unions and wages being lowered or staying stagnant. Unions are not the 'Evil Boogeyman' greedy white Republican dude makes them out to be.

Unions did an incredible amount of good for American Workers. They kept greedy white Republican dude in check for the most part. Since they've fallen, greedy folks have been allowed to run amok in this country. It's time for the pendulum to swing back in the workers' direction.

Greedy white republican ?

While I agree that they should work to advance their cause, you'd think that doubling their wage overnight would be pretty stupid.

Don't know what it will do to the cost of a hamburger. And I frankly don't care. When those prices go up, I won't be the only one who visits a fast food place 0 (as in zero) times a year.

Not such a bad thing. Most Americans have become greedy ole fat asses. Less greasy fries and burgers will do em some good.

And as that propagates through the system, these people will lose their jobs and go to other ones where they make $8/hour....until.

Forum List

Back