🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

The average white Republican truly believes they're defending Capitalism when they defend corporations like McDonalds. They feel it's their 'duty' to defend them. But in reality, they're only defending Corporatism. You don't have to defend shite corporations like McDonalds and Walmart to be a 'Good Capitalist.'

I suspect that many who begrudge people getting $15 an hour do so because they themselves are only getting$15 an hour.

This is what most don't understand about unionization, it doesn't only help the union members but drives up the overall wage base. Everyone benefits. When the base is $15 an hour, those in non union jobs have more bargaining power to demand higher wages for themselves.
Why don't you people ever want to FIX ANYTHING? Fixing the minimum wage wont fix anything. IT is but a band aid that actually hurts the non skilled.
How about we battle inflation and the FED? How about we focus on getting manufacturing back? How about we focus n making people WANT to bring their money here?
With these interest rates, if we had someone competent in the WH, we would all be eating gold for dinner.

Simple fact is the Federal Government is a certain amount of the problem and the failure to lure new manufacturing jobs fall on the state and local governments.

Too many people pass the buck onto the Federal Government for the failure of the State and Local government to do more to create jobs within it state.
True. But our POTUS can set the bar for it. Such as fair trade and to work on taxes.
Go here and check out my plan
TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I looked at it. I agree with all but #3. People came here to better themselves, not steal from us.
The funny thing is if all undocumented workers were sent home tomorrow business owners would be irate. Where's my cheap labor!?!?
Doesn't matter why they came. They came illegally. Come here legally. That's all.

The average white Republican truly believes he's defending Capitalism when he defends corporations like McDonalds. They feel it's their 'duty' to defend them. But in reality, they're only defending Corporatism. You don't have to defend shite corporations like McDonalds and Walmart to be a 'Good Capitalist.'
I just know that owning and running a business is expensive. The biggest cost is payroll. If you can't make payroll you're screwed. It's a constant battle to get paid so you can make payroll.

These people are being led by the nose showing they are not Reliable or smart enough to stand on their own two feet. and they want someone to pay them $15 bucks an hour for a job a monkey can be trained to do.

what a bunch of messed up people who we should no the UNIONS and the DNC are behind all this

A good time for Unions to make a big comeback in this country. There is a correlation between the demise of Unions and wages being lowered or staying stagnant. Unions are not the 'Evil Boogeyman' greedy white Republican dude makes them out to be.

Unions did an incredible amount of good for American Workers. They kept greedy white Republican dude in check for the most part. Since they've fallen, greedy folks have been allowed to run amok in this country. It's time for the pendulum to swing back in the workers' direction.

Greedy white republican ?

While I agree that they should work to advance their cause, you'd think that doubling their wage overnight would be pretty stupid.

Don't know what it will do to the cost of a hamburger. And I frankly don't care. When those prices go up, I won't be the only one who visits a fast food place 0 (as in zero) times a year.

Not such a bad thing. Most Americans have become greedy ole fat asses. Less greasy fries and burgers will do em some good.

The average white Republican truly believes they're defending Capitalism when they defend corporations like McDonalds. They feel it's their 'duty' to defend them. But in reality, they're only defending Corporatism. You don't have to defend shite corporations like McDonalds and Walmart to be a 'Good Capitalist.'

Nah.....we just dont think someone should be paid more than they're worth because it drives up the cost of products and it isnt fair to those who actually worked to get to 15 bucks an hour.

These people are being led by the nose showing they are not Reliable or smart enough to stand on their own two feet. and they want someone to pay them $15 bucks an hour for a job a monkey can be trained to do.

what a bunch of messed up people who we should no the UNIONS and the DNC are behind all this

A good time for Unions to make a big comeback in this country. There is a correlation between the demise of Unions and wages being lowered or staying stagnant. Unions are not the 'Evil Boogeyman' greedy white Republican dude makes them out to be.

Unions did an incredible amount of good for American Workers. They kept greedy white Republican dude in check for the most part. Since they've fallen, greedy folks have been allowed to run amok in this country. It's time for the pendulum to swing back in the workers' direction.

Greedy white republican ?

While I agree that they should work to advance their cause, you'd think that doubling their wage overnight would be pretty stupid.

Don't know what it will do to the cost of a hamburger. And I frankly don't care. When those prices go up, I won't be the only one who visits a fast food place 0 (as in zero) times a year.

Not such a bad thing. Most Americans have become greedy ole fat asses. Less greasy fries and burgers will do em some good.
You're kind of contradicting yourself. If fast food places close, all those people won't make any wage. How is that good?

American Workers need strong Unions again. It's the only way to keep greedy white Republican dude in check. Since their demise, the hateful greedy folks have been allowed to run amok. Wages have decreased or stayed stagnant. Unions are the only hope left for American Workers. Balance needs to be restored.

American Workers need strong Unions again. It's the only way to keep greedy white Republican dude in check. Since their demise, the hateful greedy folks have been allowed to run amok. Wages have decreased or stayed stagnant. Unions are the only hope left for American Workers. Balance needs to be restored.

No...mexicans need to be removed.

Good on em. Hopefully they'll get it, or something close. McDonalds has made $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of their slave workers. So it gets no sympathy from me. It's time for McDonalds to do some good for a change.
I'd fire them all. Ungrateful shits

And you would lose a ton of money.
They are losing a ton of money now with the striking.

Yes should give them what they want.

Unions are bankrupting many of our nations cities.

I suspect that many who begrudge people getting $15 an hour do so because they themselves are only getting$15 an hour.

This is what most don't understand about unionization, it doesn't only help the union members but drives up the overall wage base. Everyone benefits. When the base is $15 an hour, those in non union jobs have more bargaining power to demand higher wages for themselves.
Why don't you people ever want to FIX ANYTHING? Fixing the minimum wage wont fix anything. IT is but a band aid that actually hurts the non skilled.
How about we battle inflation and the FED? How about we focus on getting manufacturing back? How about we focus n making people WANT to bring their money here?
With these interest rates, if we had someone competent in the WH, we would all be eating gold for dinner.

Simple fact is the Federal Government is a certain amount of the problem and the failure to lure new manufacturing jobs fall on the state and local governments.

Too many people pass the buck onto the Federal Government for the failure of the State and Local government to do more to create jobs within it state.
True. But our POTUS can set the bar for it. Such as fair trade and to work on taxes.
Go here and check out my plan
TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I looked at it. I agree with all but #3. People came here to better themselves, not steal from us.
The funny thing is if all undocumented workers were sent home tomorrow business owners would be irate. Where's my cheap labor!?!?
Doesn't matter why they came. They came illegally. Come here legally. That's all.

I'm not in favor of illegal immigration, it drives down the wage base and hurts the middle class. But, the only reason that we have illegal immigration is because of illegal employment. It is now illegal to employ someone who doesn't have legal Immigration status so why is the focus on poor and dispossessed instead of on the unlawful businesses?

Who is in a better position to follow the law, those who are starving or those who are making profits?

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

I don't understand why you people do not understand the concept of inflation. The issue of raising the mimimum wage isn't about skill, it's about what 15 per hour buys.

If Canada can have an $11-12 Minimum Wage, there's no reason why the richest nation on earth couldn't match that, or do better. Period, end of story.

You know nothing about canada and the way they lead their lives.

Canada's doing just fine taking care of its workers. The U.S. can to. Paying American Workers a livable wage won't cause a calimitous collapse most Republicans predict will happen. They use that fear tactic in the hopes they'll be allowed to continue paying their workers shite wages.

Again...you dont know shit about canada.

Tell us about Canada then. What is this mystery only you know?

Yes we have tried the republican we don't need unions way. That got us a slow economy and 64 million low wage workers.

I don't understand why you people do not understand the concept of inflation. The issue of raising the mimimum wage isn't about skill, it's about what 15 per hour buys.

If Canada can have an $11-12 Minimum Wage, there's no reason why the richest nation on earth couldn't match that, or do better. Period, end of story.

Canada's doing just fine taking care of its workers. The U.S. can to. Paying American Workers a livable wage won't cause a calimitous collapse most Republicans predict will happen. They use that fear tactic in the hopes they'll be allowed to continue paying their workers shite wages.

Oh lots of people know..you're just not one of em.
You see things are very expensive in canada and that so called high min wage doesnt buy much.
Apparently you've never been there.

You see things are very expensive in canada and that so called high min wage doesnt buy much.

I have been there. Now share a link to support your claim.

The took our spot as having the richest middle class.

Canada got it right. It balanced its budget, lowered its Corporate Tax Rate, and raised its Minimum Wage. There has been no calimitous collapse. In fact, the exact opposite has happened. It has very little Debt and consistently low Unemployment. There's no reason why the U.S. can't follow its lead.
There are only 30 or so million people in Canada. That's like California. And they don't have the illegal alien problem we do. It's a whole different scene.

Go with their formula...

Balance the Budget, lower the Corporate Tax Rate, and consistently increase the Minimum Wage. The formula works. Canada has no Debt and low Unemployment.

You obviously havent been there or you'd know what shit costs there.
Unless of course you went with mommy and daddy and they paid for everything.

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

I believe we should simply reserve labor from the labor pool at the rock bottom cost of a form of minimum wage that clears our poverty guidelines. Why burden the private sector with a minimum wage?

Then you should have no trouble supporting your claim. Link?

Then you should have no trouble supporting your claim. Link?

So you're saying things arent more expensive in canada?
Anyone who's been there knows this.

Forum List

Back