🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

Anyone who has eaten a McD burger understands the business model - make as much money as you can, anyway you can. Poor quality is the best that can be said for McD burgers.

Q. Which chain or restaurant has the best burger in your town
And yet they are one of the biggest sellers of burgers in the world.
Q. Who is forcing people to go to McD's to eat?

No one has yet put a gun in my face and ordered me to eat the garbage McD calls a burger.

About 4 years ago I needed a fuel stop and pulled into the only open place at 1 AM off of 101, a McD's. I ordered a 1/4 pounder with cheese and fries - easy to eat on the run. It sucked. Small, overpriced and reminded me of ground meat mixed with cereal on wonder bread; disgusting fries, too much salt.

Last time I'll ever eat at a McD's.
Good for you. I never eat there. So what? Lots of people do. And they are a big employer and have created a lot of prosperity for people.

A good time for Unions to make a big comeback in this country.

You don't have the numbers to increase union influence, and illegal fast food workers have no say regardless whether they unionize or not.
If the workers unionized and demanded higher wages the bosses would fire them and replace them with lower wage workers. Who would be happy for the job.
THey should fire these assholes and hire people who would be grateful for the chance to work and improve job skills.

Yes, just be happy being a slave. That's how most slave owners feel. Unions might be the only thing that can save American Workers at this point. No one can trust greedy white Republican dude to do the right thing. He's consistently shown he's incapable of it.
Have you ever held a job in your life for more than 6 months?

Y'all greedy white Republican dudes are stuck in Bitter Slave Owner-mode. But guess what? McDonalds will survive paying its slaves a few more bucks. Seriously, it's true.
The only one who appears bitter here is you.
Did you piss in the deep fryer or something?

Pringles makes a cheeseburger chip. It tastes EXACTLY like a McDonald's cheeseburger. You can actually taste the mustard and ketchup and pickle and onions and meat. Amazing.

And just like a McD's cheeseburger, if you eat too many of the chips, you'll be tasting them for the next 24 hours every time you exhale.

Anyone who has eaten a McD burger understands the business model - make as much money as you can, anyway you can. Poor quality is the best that can be said for McD burgers.

No one has yet put a gun in my face and ordered me to eat the garbage McD calls a burger.

About 4 years ago I needed a fuel stop and pulled into the only open place at 1 AM off of 101, a McD's. I ordered a 1/4 pounder with cheese and fries - easy to eat on the run. It sucked. Small, overpriced and reminded me of ground meat mixed with cereal on wonder bread; disgusting fries, too much salt.

Good for you. I never eat there. So what? Lots of people do. And they are a big employer and have created a lot of prosperity for people.

"These franchise owners earn incomes averaging just below $50,000."

See: The Average Income for Fast Food Franchise Owners

I suppose to you 50k is big bucks.

"These franchise owners earn incomes averaging just below $50,000."

See: The Average Income for Fast Food Franchise Owners

I suppose to you 50k is big bucks.

Makes it pretty obvious they cant afford to pay burger flippers fifteen bucks an hour.

These people are being led by the nose showing they are not Reliable or smart enough to stand on their own two feet. and they want someone to pay them $15 bucks an hour for a job a monkey can be trained to do.

what a bunch of messed up people who we should no the UNIONS and the DNC are behind all this

A good time for Unions to make a big comeback in this country. There is a correlation between the demise of Unions and wages being lowered or staying stagnant. Unions are not the 'Evil Boogeyman' greedy white Republican dude makes them out to be.

Unions did an incredible amount of good for American Workers. They kept greedy white Republican dude in check for the most part. Since they've fallen, greedy folks have been allowed to run amok in this country. It's time for the pendulum to swing back in the workers' direction.

I agree completely. People need good wages.

These people are being led by the nose showing they are not Reliable or smart enough to stand on their own two feet. and they want someone to pay them $15 bucks an hour for a job a monkey can be trained to do.

what a bunch of messed up people who we should no the UNIONS and the DNC are behind all this

A good time for Unions to make a big comeback in this country. There is a correlation between the demise of Unions and wages being lowered or staying stagnant. Unions are not the 'Evil Boogeyman' greedy white Republican dude makes them out to be.

Unions did an incredible amount of good for American Workers. They kept greedy white Republican dude in check for the most part. Since they've fallen, greedy folks have been allowed to run amok in this country. It's time for the pendulum to swing back in the workers' direction.

People need to learn a skill to get good wages....running the fryolator at mickyD's doesn't count as a skill.

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

Fast-food workers demanding a $15-an-hour minimum wage walked out in hundreds of cities Tuesday, kicking off a year-long campaign to muster the political power of 64 million low-wage workers in next year's presidential election.

Wow 64 million. We need to get wages up fast. This inequality has slowed our economy.

People need to learn a skill to get good wages....running the fryolator at mickyD's doesn't count as a skill.

Really? Where are 64 million going to find these skilled job? Wages are stagnant, if there were jobs waiting to be filled wages would go up.

Good on em. Hopefully they'll get it, or something close. McDonalds has made $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of their slave workers. So it gets no sympathy from me. It's time for McDonalds to do some good for a change.

They won't get it. The robots are coming.

The typical repub scare tactics.

Nope. Progress.

No scare tactics. People just can't make good money and support themselves right? That would be aweful.

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

Fast-food workers demanding a $15-an-hour minimum wage walked out in hundreds of cities Tuesday, kicking off a year-long campaign to muster the political power of 64 million low-wage workers in next year's presidential election.

Wow 64 million. We need to get wages up fast. This inequality has slowed our economy.

What a load of horse shit.
There are only 1.3 million min wage workers in the U.S.

Walkouts are fired immediately in my neighborhood. Same as simply not showing up.

Good on em. Hopefully they'll get it, or something close. McDonalds has made $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of their slave workers. So it gets no sympathy from me. It's time for McDonalds to do some good for a change.

They won't get it. The robots are coming.

The typical repub scare tactics.

Nope. Progress.

No scare tactics. People just can't make good money and support themselves right? That would be aweful.

They earn what the work is worth to the employer. That is all they are entitled to while employed. They are free to seek employment elsewhere.

What a load of horse shit.
There are only 1.3 million min wage workers in the U.S.

It says low wage, not min wage. There are lots of low wage jobs obviously, 64 million.

Walkouts are fired immediately in my neighborhood. Same as simply not showing up.

Well that is great for the country.

Forum List

Back