🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

These people are being led by the nose showing they are not Reliable or smart enough to stand on their own two feet. and they want someone to pay them $15 bucks an hour for a job a monkey can be trained to do.

what a bunch of messed up people who we should no the UNIONS and the DNC are behind all this

A good time for Unions to make a big comeback in this country. There is a correlation between the demise of Unions and wages being lowered or staying stagnant. Unions are not the 'Evil Boogeyman' greedy white Republican dude makes them out to be.

Unions did an incredible amount of good for American Workers. They kept greedy white Republican dude in check for the most part. Since they've fallen, greedy folks have been allowed to run amok in this country. It's time for the pendulum to swing back in the workers' direction.

I agree completely. People need good wages.

People need to learn a skill to get good wages....running the fryolator at mickyD's doesn't count as a skill.

Well then do the work yourself. Otherwise, quit ya bitchin and pay a fellow American a decent wage. You can't have your slaves. Sorry bout that.

You're trolling....
And who's bitching? Surely not me...i'm not the one trying to make a living working the drive through at Wendy's.
And besides,it's not my fellow Americans working those jobs anymore,it's beaners and liberals instead of high school kids and retired people supplementing their SS as intended.

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

Fast-food workers demanding a $15-an-hour minimum wage walked out in hundreds of cities Tuesday, kicking off a year-long campaign to muster the political power of 64 million low-wage workers in next year's presidential election.

Wow 64 million. We need to get wages up fast. This inequality has slowed our economy.

What a load of horse shit.
There are only 1.3 million min wage workers in the U.S.

It says low wage, not min wage. There are lots of low wage jobs obviously, 64 million.

So we have 64 million stupid people in this country that are to damn lazy to improve their skills to get better wages....
Fuck em,they can live under a bridge for all I care.

Times change. McDonalds should do some good for a change. It owes its several $Billions to those slave workers it's abused for so many years.

Then don't work there.

Yeah, and don't eat or breathe either. Problem solved.

That reply makes zero sense, but you already knew that. Want to try again?

People have to work to survive, but you already knew that. And if you don't wanna pay a fellow American Worker a decent wage, don't open a business, or simply do the work yourself. No one's forcing you to open a business or stopping you from doing the work yourself.

Nobody is forcing you to work for an employer who would pay you less than what you feel you are worth. Please change your name because you are insulting Ron Paul

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

I don't understand why you people do not understand the concept of inflation. The issue of raising the mimimum wage isn't about skill, it's about what 15 per hour buys.

So will you complain as loudly when those who actually worked and applied themselves to get 15 bucks an hour say fuck it I want 25 bucks an hour?

I don't understand why you people do not understand the concept of inflation. The issue of raising the mimimum wage isn't about skill, it's about what 15 per hour buys.

If Canada can have an $11-12 Minimum Wage, there's no reason why the richest nation on earth couldn't match that, or do better. Period, end of story.

You know nothing about canada and the way they lead their lives.

Good on em. Hopefully they'll get it, or something close. McDonalds has made $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of their slave workers. .
"Slave workers".

Well, there's a nice, clear insult to the millions of REAL slaves around the world who have REALLY suffered.

Aw, don't shed any tears for those Millionaire McDonalds Execs. They'll be fine paying their slaves a few more bucks. They'll survive. I promise.

You have no idea how franchises operate, do you. (That's not a question.)

========
Burger King already tried to automate and it was a huge FAILURE.

Not everything lends itself to being automated.

Back in the 80's I drove a service truck for the company that had the contract to maintain the Burger King robotic fryers. All day every day driving from one to the other and back again. They just don't stand up to the heat and grease. I made plenty of money but Burger King eventually gave up trying to make them work.

Is it your contention, then, that automation has not improved in the last thirty years?

Drive along Hempstead Turnpike in Nassau County and you can find those who were "The Best and Brightest" of the IT world working at any fast food joint.
Yep, the BRILLIANT Indian H1-Bs got their Green Cards, then got fired to make room for the next batch of cheap labor, then were given the jobs of the Americans who were, up till that moment, pumping coffee and serving burgers.
Ain't America great?

========

Back in the 80's I drove a service truck for the company that had the contract to maintain the Burger King robotic fryers. All day every day driving from one to the other and back again. They just don't stand up to the heat and grease. I made plenty of money but Burger King eventually gave up trying to make them work.

Is it your contention, then, that automation has not improved in the last thirty years?

Yeah.....he's been laughed at multiple times for his post already.
I started machining in the same time period he's referring to and the difference between a CNC from the eighties vs. say 2010 is ridiculous.
I am talking from punch tape reading machines to self learning.....night and day.

Anyone who has eaten a McD burger understands the business model - make as much money as you can, anyway you can. Poor quality is the best that can be said for McD burgers.

Q. Which chain or restaurant has the best burger in your town
And yet they are one of the biggest sellers of burgers in the world.
Q. Who is forcing people to go to McD's to eat?

No one has yet put a gun in my face and ordered me to eat the garbage McD calls a burger.

About 4 years ago I needed a fuel stop and pulled into the only open place at 1 AM off of 101, a McD's. I ordered a 1/4 pounder with cheese and fries - easy to eat on the run. It sucked. Small, overpriced and reminded me of ground meat mixed with cereal on wonder bread; disgusting fries, too much salt.

Last time I'll ever eat at a McD's.
Good for you. I never eat there. So what? Lots of people do. And they are a big employer and have created a lot of prosperity for people.

"These franchise owners earn incomes averaging just below $50,000."

See: The Average Income for Fast Food Franchise Owners

I suppose to you 50k is big bucks.
That's a fortune compared to whatever you made sucking dick in the jailhouse.
But it compares favorably to $8/hr without having to go to college or trade school.

There hasnt been any inflation in the last 2 years.
Another Billy Triple Fail.

Unleash the Robots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drive along Hempstead Turnpike in Nassau County and you can find those who were "The Best and Brightest" of the IT world working at any fast food joint.
Yep, the BRILLIANT Indian H1-Bs got their Green Cards, then got fired to make room for the next batch of cheap labor, then were given the jobs of the Americans who were, up till that moment, pumping coffee and serving burgers.
Ain't America great?
Yes it is. It's the greatest country in the world. Don't like it? Get the fuck out.

So will you complain as loudly when those who actually worked and applied themselves to get 15 bucks an hour say fuck it I want 25 bucks an hour?

========

Yeah.....he's been laughed at multiple times for his post already.
I started machining in the same time period he's referring to and the difference between a CNC from the eighties vs. say 2010 is ridiculous.
I am talking from punch tape reading machines to self learning.....night and day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There hasnt been any inflation in the last 2 years.
Another Billy Triple Fail.
You're such a dumbass. Obviously wages were the same back then lol.

Good on em. Hopefully they'll get it, or something close. McDonalds has made $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of their slave workers. So it gets no sympathy from me. It's time for McDonalds to do some good for a change.

They won't get it. The robots are coming.

The typical repub scare tactics.

Nope. Progress.

Progress for who?

Investors.

If Canada can have an $11-12 Minimum Wage, there's no reason why the richest nation on earth couldn't match that, or do better. Period, end of story.

But why should we? Still awaiting the logical premise.

Not how it works sparky. Work a job you deserve a livable wage. Simple as that. Oh and we will win this battle one way or the other.

Work a job you deserve a livable wage.

Why?
Simple. We are SUPPOSED TO BE a CIVILIZED NATION...lets start acting like it. Its pretty pathetic you either expect people to work min wage jobs OR go 80-100k in debt to get a college education that they get to pay off for the next 30 years...hell of a choice! I pick C. get some simple training not enough to live alone on so we need the governments help and we will drain the shit out of this corrupt decaying evil system until it collapses so we can rebuild in the right manner.

Forum List

Back