🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast food workers strike

from the linked article said:
Workers say they want $15 an hour, which would be about $31,000 a year for full-time employees. That's more than double the federal minimum wage, which many fast food workers make, of $7.25 an hour, or $15,000 a year.

Hopefully these people won't be too surprised when they find themselves replaced by workers that don't share their distorted perspective on the market value of their low skilled labor.

"Good luck with your layoffs, all right? I hope your firings go really well." -- Peter Gibbons

Just in time for the end of the month welfare checks. There will be some awfully upset welfare cases to deal with.

I solved this problem by stopping eating fast food years ago... got tired of the shitty food, shitty service, etc.

Fuck em all.

I can see moving the minimum wage up to $8.00 or $8.25 a hour but $15.00 a hour get real.

The problem here is that once again, we're trying to take what is an entry level job for kids and artificially jack up the wage level so slackers can make it a career choice.

Prediction: $15/hr minimum wage = same shitty food at a higher price and same shitty service.

I will cross a picket line to eat a burger. So far I haven't seen any protests anywhere.

Last edited:
Went to McDonalds just a few minutes ago. No protests here. Service was surprisingly good today.

The problem here is that once again, we're trying to take what is an entry level job for kids and artificially jack up the wage level so slackers can make it a career choice.

Prediction: $15/hr minimum wage = same shitty food at a higher price and same shitty service.

Well on the bright side, given the pace of innovation in automation technology it's probably not going to be many more years until we start seeing fully/mostly automated fast food restaurants. So we'll get to replace a bunch of low skilled, low paying jobs with higher skilled, higher paying jobs, likely along with higher quality and lower prices. These people demanding $15 an hour for this work are just hastening the day that happens. ;)

if I owned a fast food joint and my people walked out I'd hang as big of a help wanted sign that zoning codes allowed and then tell all those who no longer work for me to get the fuck off my property of get arrested.

I can see moving the minimum wage up to $8.00 or $8.25 a hour but $15.00 a hour get real.

What would be the point of even that? If it isn't enough to live on, what's the point of setting a minimum wage.?

McDonalds is not a career, if you think it is then you're probably too stupid for even $8 an hour.

I agree completely. No company owes you enough to live on. Some people don't seem to grasp that employer's compensate you based on your value to them. Not what you need.

What would be the point of even that? If it isn't enough to live on, what's the point of setting a minimum wage.?

Minimum wage was never designed to live on or support a family on it's a starting point set up for high school kids or those going right from high school into the workforce even so you still have to bump it up now and then.

McDonalds is not a career, if you think it is then you're probably too stupid for even $8 an hour.

I agree completely. No company owes you enough to live on. Some people don't seem to grasp that employer's compensate you based on your value to them. Not what you need.

Exactly. People don't realize that the job belongs to the company, not to them.

Forum List

Back