🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast food workers strike

Any person with at least two functioning brain cells could put 2 and 2 together and realize that if she had made good decisions, she wouldn't be a single mother working at McDonalds.

Dumbass.

"We know its her bad decisions that got her to McDonald's because she is at McDoanld's" - that is circular reasoning and thus a blatant fallacy. You can't argue "A is true because of B because A is true" you idiot.

You should rub your two brain cells together harder.

You're full of shit. If you had the ability to think, you would know that labeling it circular reasoning is a convenient way to dismiss what is a simple and obvious fact.

It IS circular reasoning by the very DEFINITION of what circular reasoning IS you moron.

My fuck you're an idiot. How do you breathe?

I think $10 to $12 is justifiable in some of the big cities like New York, LA, San Fran, Chicago, etc... $8 to $10 would be decent in areas where the cost of living is much lower. One problem with the federal minimum wage is that it does not take into account the cost of living from one area to another. Rent where I live averages $600 per month; in Chicago it averages $1200. In New York, I'd imagine it is a bit higher than Chicago. $7.25 goes a lot farther in Ohio than it does in Chicago or New York, and even here in Ohio the state minimum is up to $7.85 I believe.

Very few people who work in New York actually live there, especially Manhattan.

But from the look of these posts here, it seems like many have forgotten about the debacle of the economy which started in 2008, and which they like to blame on Obama, of course.

And so all of these fast food workers are just a bunch of bums who don't know how to get a real job over the last few years, even though there aren't any.

Righties on this board like to carefully monitor the unemployment rate and say it's much higher than actually reported and they talk about the imminent economic collapse, but somehow all these restaurant workers striking today should be smarter and have a better job by now.

These people want to work, not go on food stamps. But that's still not good enough for a bunch of assholes who don't know what it's like to try to live off $1100 a month after many have lost their good paying jobs DURING THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION.

Oh lookie.... another it's all Bush's fault post!!

You're such a simp.
I guess someone has forgot about the Obama summer of recovery and all those shovel ready jobs trillions spent to stimulate the economy and most of the jobs created by that low wage and part time.

Everyone makes bad decisions sometimes. Buying a lotto ticket, for instance, is a bad decision. Some people profit considerably in spite of that bad decision.

I never said making bad decisions is rare...or for just some people.

And buying a lottery ticket is a bad decision for most...sure....

For who isn't it a bad decision?

But you compare that to...I don't know....dropping out of high school? Having a child at the age of 16? Doing drugs? Getting involved in street crime?

Many people are working at McDonalds who didn't make any of those decisions. Yet Dave Thomas dropped out of high school and became rich.

I will say it again....

Anyone with a child who is making minimum wage at McDonalds MOST CERTAINLY made a very bad decision somewhere.

The only exception is the rare man or woman who is doing it right now in the interim.

And if you don't think that is true?

Then you are not a realist.

Which, by the way, would explain much!

Fast Food Workers Plan To Strike Nationwide Thursday

Any one seen any yet today? I'm curious as to who organized this. Obviously the participants don't have much in the way foresight. Probably why they're working at McDonald's in the first place.

The unions are going to be really pissed that they aren't getting any dues paid in! I doubt anyone in fast food here strikes. Many of our workers here are Murray State college students. They need the jobs.

"We know its her bad decisions that got her to McDonald's because she is at McDoanld's" - that is circular reasoning and thus a blatant fallacy. You can't argue "A is true because of B because A is true" you idiot.

You should rub your two brain cells together harder.

You're full of shit. If you had the ability to think, you would know that labeling it circular reasoning is a convenient way to dismiss what is a simple and obvious fact.

It IS circular reasoning by the very DEFINITION of what circular reasoning IS you moron.

There must be cow he is sucking the gas from!! lol!:lol:

There must be cow he is sucking the gas from!! lol!:lol:

yep...I was right. You are 3.

Grow up and add something to this debate.

SEIU doing for fast food workers like they did for the Hostess drivers; workers fired, Union Bosses still employed

Last edited:
Fast Food Workers Plan To Strike Nationwide Thursday

Any one seen any yet today? I'm curious as to who organized this. Obviously the participants don't have much in the way foresight. Probably why they're working at McDonald's in the first place.

Give them the raise...increase burger price to ten bucks...no customers...lay off workers....how much you makin' now Leroy??????

Economics do not work that way jones. When a Nat. min raise is given prices go up in all businesses, so consumers are faced with the same prices regardless of where they go. Gasoline is something you might find eaiser to relate pricing to. And if businesses are under selling and taking less profit margin or working volume, they will get more customers. That is a managerial decision. Its simplistic to think a wage rate climb shuts American down. LMAO!!:lol:

Was that intended to be a joke...or are you just stupid.

But you compare that to...I don't know....dropping out of high school? Having a child at the age of 16? Doing drugs? Getting involved in street crime?

Many people are working at McDonalds who didn't make any of those decisions. Yet Dave Thomas dropped out of high school and became rich.

I will say it again....

Anyone with a child who is making minimum wage at McDonalds MOST CERTAINLY made a very bad decision somewhere.

How many times do you think you'll need to say it to make it true? Because you have yet to provide actual evidence of your claim.

The only exception is the rare man or woman who is doing it right now in the interim.

How rare is that? How do you know they are "right now in the interim" ? Without knowing for sure what their future is, we can't determine if they are actually in the interim. I guess you know every McDonald's employee's future as well as their past?

And if you don't think that is true?

Then you are not a realist.

Which, by the way, would explain much!

Are you going to present any actual evidence of your sweeping claim?

Although minimum wage has been jacked up numerous times since McDonald's opened its first store - it has yet to cause McDonald's to stop growing.

images

You'll have to forgive the lowly fast food employees for relying on real empirical data rather than your white board theoretical toy model.

Oh of course not, she should have become a CEO instead.

Obviously.

The poor decisions she made that got her where she is not withstanding

How the fuck on Earth would you have any clue as to what decisions she made and how she got where she is at? Do you know her personally? That seems awfully presumptuous of you. Of course conservatives know everything about everything and everyone and when they don't they'll just make it the fuck up.

I don't need to know everything about a person to know you have to make some bad decisions to be in that spot. Unless you would like to pretend the majority of woman in her position got there because they were impregnated through rape and was somehow unable through no fault of her own to gain any skills whatsoever that pay more than a McDonald's job. Every other scenario requires choice on her part.

Last edited:
Everyone makes bad decisions sometimes. Buying a lotto ticket, for instance, is a bad decision. Some people profit considerably in spite of that bad decision.

For anyone whom the financial risk outweighs the financial reward.

The poor decisions she made that got her where she is not withstanding

How the fuck on Earth would you have any clue as to what decisions she made and how she got where she is at? Do you know her personally? That seems awfully presumptuous of you. Of course conservatives know everything about everything and everyone and when they don't they'll just make it the fuck up.

I don't need to know everything about a person to know you have to make some bad decisions to be in that spot.

How do you know you have to make them to get there?

Unless you would like to pretend the majority of woman in her position got there because they were impregnated through rape and was somehow unable through no fault of her own to gain any skills whatsoever that pay more than a McDonald's job.

I'm sure sure why I'd want to or need to pretend that.

Every other scenario requires choice on her part.
So the only factor in life that cannot be fully controlled is rape?

That's interesting.

You're making a lot of wild claims here. Let's stick to your first. Please show evidence that everyone who works at McDonald's is doing so as a result of poor decision making.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back