🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast food workers strike

How the fuck on Earth would you have any clue as to what decisions she made and how she got where she is at? Do you know her personally? That seems awfully presumptuous of you. Of course conservatives know everything about everything and everyone and when they don't they'll just make it the fuck up.

I don't need to know everything about a person to know you have to make some bad decisions to be in that spot.

How do you know you have to make them to get there?

Unless you would like to pretend the majority of woman in her position got there because they were impregnated through rape and was somehow unable through no fault of her own to gain any skills whatsoever that pay more than a McDonald's job.

I'm sure sure why I'd want to or need to pretend that.

Every other scenario requires choice on her part.
So the only factor in life that cannot be fully controlled is rape?

That's interesting.

You're making a lot of wild claims here. Let's stick to your first. Please show evidence that everyone who works at McDonald's is doing so as a result of poor decision making.

Thanks.

I never stated everyone who works at McDonalds is working there because of poor decision making. There are plenty of people for whom that is a good and perfectly acceptable decision. Teens getting their first jobs, or someone just looking for some supplemental income for example.

What I said was it is a bad decision to work at McDonalds specifically for someone trying to make enough to live on for herself AND a child. And yes, being in that position in the first place almost certainly requires some bad decisions along the way.

What I said was it is a bad decision to work at McDonalds specifically for someone trying to make enough to live on for herself AND a child.
When the alternative is to not work and live exclusively off of the taxpayers I think its a wonderful decision, don't you?

And yes, being in that position in the first place almost certainly requires some bad decisions along the way.
You've yet to provide any actual evidence to that effect.

Fast Food Workers Plan To Strike Nationwide Thursday

Any one seen any yet today? I'm curious as to who organized this. Obviously the participants don't have much in the way foresight. Probably why they're working at McDonald's in the first place.

there was a strike in Charlotte but it wasn't people in the food service industry. It was people from greenpeace and north carolina now.

What I said was it is a bad decision to work at McDonalds specifically for someone trying to make enough to live on for herself AND a child.
When the alternative is to not work and live exclusively off of the taxpayers I think its a wonderful decision, don't you?

That isn't the only alternative. Another would be to take the necessary actions to acquire a skill set that does have a value sufficient to support yourself and a child, rather than insisting it's someone elses responsibility to pay you what you and your child need to live on.

And yes, being in that position in the first place almost certainly requires some bad decisions along the way.

You don't get it Mr. Poo. I do not need to know the specifics of this persons life story to know being in the postion she is in requires at least a couple bad decisions on her part. I have a better idea. How about you tell me some highly probably scenario in which this person got in this situation through zero fault of her own seeing as you think mine is so unrealistic.

I can see moving the minimum wage up to $8.00 or $8.25 a hour but $15.00 a hour get real.

What would be the point of even that? If it isn't enough to live on, what's the point of setting a minimum wage.?

McDonalds is not a career, if you think it is then you're probably too stupid for even $8 an hour.

It isn't a career. But it is a job. Some people get bad cards dealt to them and have to work at a fast food industry to make money.

Fast food workers work extremely hard and long hours. Not only that they have to deal with dbag customers.

It disgusts me how people in this country look down at people in the service industry. We got a nation living off of fast food yet we slander and put down the people serving them their fat ass food.

What would be the point of even that? If it isn't enough to live on, what's the point of setting a minimum wage.?

McDonalds is not a career, if you think it is then you're probably too stupid for even $8 an hour.

It isn't a career. But it is a job. Some people get bad cards dealt to them and have to work at a fast food industry to make money.

Fast food workers work extremely hard and long hours. Not only that they have to deal with dbag customers.

It disgusts me how people in this country look down at people in the service industry. We got a nation living off of fast food yet we slander and put down the people serving them their fat ass food.

Don't make the mistake of thinking I am putting these people down. There is a difference between slandering the people who think they deserve to make enough to live on doing that job and the people working there trying to get work experience, want to do well and may get a managerial job, or just looking for supplemental income.

That isn't the only alternative. Another would be to take the necessary actions to acquire a skill set that does have a value sufficient to support yourself and a child

Can you be a little more vague please?

rather than insisting it's someone elses responsibility to pay you what you and your child need to live on.

Right, because employers don't need their employees to be alive. Guess where the difference comes from? You and me the taxpayer, in the form of EITC and other entitlements.

You don't get it Mr. Poo. I do not need to know the specifics of this persons life story to know being in the postion she is in requires at least a couple bad decisions on her part. I have a better idea. How about you tell me some highly probably scenario in which this person got in this situation through zero fault of her own seeing as you think mine is so unrealistic.

I would far prefer you actually provided actual evidence to support your argument before I provide any against it. That's usually the way it works. So far your argument seems to rely on equating the word "decision" with "result" - because all you've done is provide circular reasoning. She works at McDonald's - therefore we know she has made bad decisions - because she works at McDonald's. If that's is the entirety of your argument - and it would seem to be, considering all that you could possibly know about this person for sure is what is in the link - then I don't see any reason to proceed.

Last edited:

Don't make the mistake of thinking I am putting these people down. There is a difference between slandering the people who think they deserve to make enough to live on doing that job and the people working there trying to get work experience, want to do well and may get a managerial job, or just looking for supplemental income.

Because people who want higher pay don't "want to do well"

Only if it is profitable to the fast food corporations. Do you agree?

How can anyone say that a parent working at Macca's made a bad decision? We have many women in their 30's, 40s and 50's who work at McDonalds to supplement their income.
One of my closest friends works day shifts while her kids are in school, then she comes home and her husband goes to work at night.

If it pays the bills and puts the kids through school, then who cares where you work? Its a lot better than sitting on your bum leeching off the taxpayer.

How can anyone say that a parent working at Macca's made a bad decision? We have many women in their 30's, 40s and 50's who work at McDonalds to supplement their income.
One of my closest friends works day shifts while her kids are in school, then she comes home and her husband goes to work at night.

If it pays the bills and puts the kids through school, then who cares where you work? Its a lot better than sitting on your bum leeching off the taxpayer.

I really don't care where or what racists like you think say or do. You are a hypocrite of the first order. You have blasted others for their views, while you also share the same views. I'm not sure how you can justify or sleep at night with such hatred.

Can you be a little more vague please?

There is nothing vague about that. The skill of burger flipping pays x amount. Other skills pay other amounts. Amounts that are enough to live on. Acquire said skill (i.e. nursing, phone rep, etc., etc., etc., etc.,) to earn the income required to support yourself and your child. Not a vague concept at all.

Right, because employers don't need their employees to be alive. Guess where the difference comes from? You and me the taxpayer, in the form of EITC and other entitlements.

A company does not compensate you based on what you need. They compensate you based on the value of the skill you are providing them. The sooner you entitlement morons get that through your head the easier your life will be.

I would far prefer you actually provided actual evidence to support your argument before I provide any against it. That's usually the way it works. So far your argument seems to rely on equating the word "decision" with "result" - because all you've done is provide circular reasoning. She works at McDonald's - therefore we know she has made bad decisions - because she works at McDonald's. If that's is the entirety of your argument - and it would seem to be, considering all that you could possibly know about this person for sure is what is in the link - then I don't see any reason to proceed.

Thank you for proving my point that you really don't get it. I don't care what you would prefer. It doesn't change the fact that personal knowledge of the specific of her situation are not required to know she made some bad choices to be in the situation she is in. Do I know for a fact she wasn't raped, forced to birth and keep child, had absolutely no means of acquiring skills of greater market value? No. Considering the extremely remote chance of all of those factors being present I think I'm quite safe in saying there are choices she made that contributed to this situation. You also keep mistating my argument. My issue is not with her simply working at McDonald's or that if you work there you made bad choices. I repeat, FOR THE THIRD TIME, the bad decisions come into play not just workig at McDondals. The bad decisions come into play trying to make enough to live on for yourself AND a child by working at McDonalds. Is your pea sized brains grasping the distinction yet? Or are you being purposely obtuse?

Last edited:

Clearly some don't. You are the proof seeing as how you think people are entitled to enough to live on not because they 'do well' at something, but for no other reason than they need it.

Last edited:

I repeat; No one is saying just working at McDonalds is a bad decision. Whether it's a bad decision depends on the circumstances. It's a good decision for young people trying to get work experience or for someone trying make supplemental income. It becomes a bad career choice when you work there thinking you are going to be able to fully support yourself (not to mention a child) on what McDondalds pays and no other real sources of income.

Forum List

Back