Fat Chicks

Well, I got chubby. But now I am back to the weight I was when I had my boutique and did fashion shows for the locals and tourists. If I get too skinny, I look weird. And I feel awful. Too chunky, I look chunky and I feel awful. I am also 5'8"...or rather, I was. I lost an inch. Comes with age. And I can't move around like I used to. But...I got where I wanted to get weight wise so I'm happy.

Posting pics all over the net is fine and dandy for those that want to do it. I learned from experience its a bad idea. I HAVE posted pics here of me, but took them down within 10 minutes or thereabouts. I also had my face in one of my avies but nobody knew it was me ;).

Well, I got chubby. But now I am back to the weight I was when I had my boutique and did fashion shows for the locals and tourists. If I get too skinny, I look weird. And I feel awful. Too chunky, I look chunky and I feel awful. I am also 5'8"...or rather, I was. I lost an inch. Comes with age. And I can't move around like I used to. But...I got where I wanted to get weight wise so I'm happy.

Posting pics all over the net is fine and dandy for those that want to do it. I learned from experience its a bad idea. I HAVE posted pics here of me, but took them down within 10 minutes or thereabouts. I also had my face in one of my avies but nobody knew it was me ;).

On any dating site, it is expected that you would post at least one picture of yourself.

On any dating site, it is expected that you would post at least one picture of yourself.
Yeah, if that is what one is looking for. I ain't on a dating site. :lol:

Yeah, if that is what one is looking for. I ain't on a dating site. :lol:

Well, that's because you're married, I hope! :lol: Me, OTOH . . . not married. Posting pictures of myself is not a big deal to me. :D I NEVER post nude pictures though. I'm not THAT stupid. Some women and men do that too. I've posted my picture and a profile on a dating site before, but I never really actively followed it. Some of those sites should be x-rated, honestly. Lol.

^^^

That was actually a few months ago, but some of these dating sites are just . . . weird. Everything feels so . . . phony. That was the first and only dating site I've ever joined and I probably wouldn't do it again.

Sorry, so sorry, to anyone who is 50. I'm not saying that it is bad to be 50, but when you are NOT yet near to being 50, then . . . . I'm sure you can understand. :)

I'm the other side of fifty, now. I'll be fifty-three in a few months.

I'm not particularly vain about how I look, but I do have to say that I think I've aged pretty well, so far. I have an idea in my head of what a man in his fifties ought to look like, and it's not what I see when I look in the mirror.

CSC_0982a.JPG

Sorry, so sorry, to anyone who is 50. I'm not saying that it is bad to be 50, but when you are NOT yet near to being 50, then . . . . I'm sure you can understand. :)

I'm the other side of fifty, now. I'll be fifty-three in a few months.

I'm not particularly vain about how I look, but I do have to say that I think I've aged pretty well, so far. I have an idea in my head of what a man in his fifties ought to look like, and it's not what I see when I look in the mirror.

View attachment 48740

Yes, I've seen pictures of you and your wife and your pet birds before at the "other place" that we won't mention here. :) I remember you used to post a lot of pictures in the photography section of the forum.

Think of someone here you (*general you*) that you admire and really like A LOT. Their words, how they express themselves, etc.
·
·
·​
Then one day they decide to share to everyone a pic of themself and this what they look like (for example).
·
·
·​
Taking into consideration that you have had a great comraderie [sic] with this person but all you ever saw was their avie. Does it change how you feel about them as a PERSON?

Visual appearance has a great impact on a first impression. If I first meet someone, who I do not otherwise know, in a context where I see what they look like, I will be much more favorably disposed toward someone who is attractive than for someone who is not.

But that's very superficial. Once I get to know someone to the degree that I have a good sense of their personality and character, what they look like really doesn't matter much at all. The prettiest face will not make up for a bad personality, nor will an ugly face make much of a dent in a good personality.

When I was pregnant, I got pretty big. I remember right after I had my son, walking in the park with a friend and I heard some guys talking behind me, and one of them said, "is that Chrissy? Boy, she really filled out, huh?" And I was like, that is IT! I'm going to lose this weight and be tiny again. :D

Yes, I've seen pictures of you and your wife and your pet birds before at the "other place" that we won't mention here. :) I remember you used to post a lot of pictures in the photography section of the forum.

Which cat? Which wife?

threeseanettesandthreeallies_25mp-jpg.48741

Attachments

• ThreeSeanettesAndThreeAllies_25MP.jpg
    ThreeSeanettesAndThreeAllies_25MP.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 228

Which cat? Which wife?

threeseanettesandthreeallies_25mp-jpg.48741

Yes, Seanette. Forgive me. For the life of me I could not remember her name! Lol! I thought you had a pet bird too? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

Have you tried Plenty Of Fish, Chris? I used to be there when I was divorced but mostly I was just looking for buddies, not really to hook up. One COULD have been a possibility even though I wasn't really wanting that, but as we became more friendly, the weirder he got so I am glad I held back.

Anywho...I think most dating sites are worthless. When you find the one for you, it will be coming from anywhere. Look at Sherry and WelfareQueen. Those two met here, and now they are a couple fixing to tie the knot. Awesome, isn't it?

with a face like that all hamburgers are forgiven :)

It seems to me that our society has adopted a standard of “beauty” that calls for women to be thin, to the point that I think is unhealthy and unrealistic for most. To be that thin, to me, is as bad as being a bit on the overweight side.

What you've posted here is considered to be a “plus-sized” model—too “fat” for most modelling. That, I think, perfectly illustrates the problem.

My wife has a theory to the effect that the women's fashion industry is dominated by homosexual men, who absolutely despise women, in general. Much of what I have seen of fashion, and of the models chosen to model it, seems to support this.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that is a younger me, and I had to do some smooshing stuff around to make my eyeball fit with the wolf eye, etc.

Have you tried Plenty Of Fish, Chris? I used to be there when I was divorced but mostly I was just looking for buddies, not really to hook up. One COULD have been a possibility even though I wasn't really wanting that, but as we became more friendly, the weirder he got so I am glad I held back.

Anywho...I think most dating sites are worthless. When you find the one for you, it will be coming from anywhere. Look at Sherry and WelfareQueen. Those two met here, and now they are a couple fixing to tie the knot. Awesome, isn't it?

I've heard terrible things about POF. That it's nothing more than a place to hook up now.

My wife has a theory tothe effect that the women's fashion industry is dominated by homosexual men, who absolutely despise women, in general. Much of what I have seen of fashion,and of the models chosen to model it, seems to support this.
I agree with your wife. Fashion calls for bone racks. It's stupid.

Forum List

Back