Fatal crashes involving pot use have TRIPLED!!

If I was in a fatal car crash on my way home from work today, I too would test positive for marijuana, but I haven't smoked any today. Weed stays in your system for a month. Testing positive for marijuana doesn't mean you were high at the time.

Which makes you an impaired driver for a month. You're like the drunk drivers who insist their boozing did not affect their driving.
Why are you trying so hard to convince us you're retarded? Have you ever even smoked pot? Your post is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever heard about marijuana. It ranks up there with "refer madness".

if i was in a fatal car crash on my way home from work today, i too would test positive for marijuana, but i haven't smoked any today. Weed stays in your system for a month. Testing positive for marijuana doesn't mean you were high at the time.

which makes you an impaired driver for a month. You're like the drunk drivers who insist their boozing did not affect their driving.

bs.

You guys are missing one important quote here... "1 in 9 drivers involved in a fatal crash will test positive for marijuana".

If I was in a fatal car crash on my way home from work today, I too would test positive for marijuana, but I haven't smoked any today. Weed stays in your system for a month. Testing positive for marijuana doesn't mean you were high at the time.

That is a bogus article and it shouldn't be taken seriously. The writer is clearly incompetent.

Now why do you go bringing up stuff like that??!!

Correlation does not imply causation.

Interestingly, THC stays in the system for at least 30 days (body type/weight dependent).

Interestingly, THC stays in the system for at least 30 days (body type/weight dependent).

Exactly. Smoke today and the pot impairs your driving for the next month. Of course the pot heads say "not me. I can handle it", just like the DUIs say.

Exactly. Smoke today and the pot impairs your driving for the next month. Of course the pot heads say "not me. I can handle it", just like the DUIs say.

You're farckin retarded, kid. Seriously.

So, if i smoke tonight after work, that means that next month my driving will be impaired?

Does this apply to alcohol too? Since it stays in your system for 3 days? If i drink tonight, my driving will be impaired on Saturday?

:lmao:

I

– According to a recent study, fatal car crashes involving pot use have tripled in the U.S.
“Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana,” Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia, and co-author of the study told HealthDay News.

Li-e1349743804311.jpg

Guohua Li, MD, DrPH

Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health

So who paid him for the study? Who funded the research?

Are there individuals who use MH , out there driving who are not involved in MVA's?

And people have been rolling their eyes at everything you say for years.

The board notes you evaded the issue and made a personal attack. Thanks for admitting i'm right.:clap2:

Shoot speed, why exactly are you so obsessed with people who speed or drive cars in general? Do you drive a car? Did you become a vegetable because you were hit by a car and now you type with your tongue? Que pasa?

Granted, THC monkeys shouldn't be running around.

Smoke today and the pot impairs your driving for the next month.

Is there any evidence to support this?

============

Just saw a bit on the news about Justin Beeber's father refusing to put pot away and pilot and co-pilot felt they had to use oxygen masks.

============

Just saw a bit on the news about Justin Beeber's father refusing to put pot away and pilot and co-pilot felt they had to use oxygen masks.

Yes, indeed. I'd like to see the results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled, random assignment, parallel group, pharmacokinetically dosed study ?

I

– According to a recent study, fatal car crashes involving pot use have tripled in the U.S.
“Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana,” Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia, and co-author of the study told HealthDay News.

Li-e1349743804311.jpg

Guohua Li, MD, DrPH

Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health

So who paid him for the study? Who funded the research?

Are there individuals who use MH , out there driving who are not involved in MVA's?

You and I pay for these studies via government grants awarded to the Ph.Ds who put forth these "junk science" studies. This has been going on ever since Reagan escalated the War on Drugs. Google up NORML's website for a full list and documented debunking of these phony "studies."

You guys are missing one important quote here... "1 in 9 drivers involved in a fatal crash will test positive for marijuana".

That is a bogus article and it shouldn't be taken seriously. The writer is clearly incompetent.

People are ignoring this post for some reason. Do any of you have an argument to refute what I said, or can I claim victory now?

and the reason you are simply ignorant.

there are plenty of ways to test and prove the THC is in the system from the RECENT use. Especially for the admitted patient.
you were given a pass on your ignorance the first time, but you insisted to expose your stupidity - AGAIN.

============

Yes, indeed. I'd like to see the results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled, random assignment, parallel group, pharmacokinetically dosed study ?

... to prove that oxygen is required for life.

or parachute prevents traumatic death from gravitational challenge.

and if there have not been those conducted - stop using oxygen for mechanically ventilated patients as it has not been proven that it is needed.

and obviously, no parachutes for those jumping. What for?

People are ignoring this post for some reason. Do any of you have an argument to refute what I said, or can I claim victory now?

and the reason you are simply ignorant.

there are plenty of ways to test and prove the THC is in the system from the RECENT use. Especially for the admitted patient.
you were given a pass on your ignorance the first time, but you insisted to expose your stupidity - AGAIN.

:lmao:

No, no it can not. The only viable testing shows concentration. Which is hotly debated right now regarding legal limit laws, etc. There is no way to test for time elapse, passive exposure or other variables.

Unless you want to provide a link. Which I know for you is like kryptonite.

Final Report - Volume I

The study findings show that cannabis alone does not increase the likelihood of responsibility in an accident. However, most of the studies used a measurement of THC-COOH, an inactive metabolite that can remain in urine for several days. When the authors separated out THC alone, the risk ratio was slightly higher, even though it did not reach the required level of significance. In addition, as the concentration of THC increases, the more the ratio increases, once again suggesting a dose-response relationship. Furthermore, the cannabis and alcohol combination significantly increases risk. Without being able to draw any definite conclusions, there are some signs that their effects are in synergy and not merely additive.

Studies on injured drivers (Terhune (1982) and Hunter (1998)) have ratios somewhat higher than in the other studies on fatal accidents. According to Bates and Blakely (1999), the apparent reduction in the risk of a fatal accident stems from the fact that drivers under the influence of cannabis drive less dangerously, for example by reducing their speed.[23]

AND

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15094417?dopt=Abstract

Last edited:
Driving while distracted. Texting, stuffing your face....etc. Probable cause more accidents than a cannabis buzz.

For the Dope Smokers here...

I have never smoked MJ. Not even once.

What proof do you have that you are not affected by the dope you smoked for days afterwards?

I am serious here.

I am looking for objective not subjective.

Final Report - Volume I

The study findings show that cannabis alone does not increase the likelihood of responsibility in an accident.
What a steamy pile of BS. It says: "Cannabis alone, particularly in low doses, has little effect on the skills involved in automobile driving." Now there's a dishonest statement. No one in the study has been around someone stoned? and lumping it in with low doses? what does that mean exactly? I see potheads in the grocery store wandering across your path like zombies. They sober up when the get behind the wheel?

For the Dope Smokers here...

I have never smoked MJ. Not even once.

What proof do you have that you are not affected by the dope you smoked for days afterwards?

I am serious here.

I am looking for objective not subjective.

Well, poindexter, the buzz wore off hours after i smoked. That's how i know.

Serious question for you, what proof do you have that the color blue looks the same to me as it does to you?

Forum List

Back