Father's Day Rant

Might be the root of that – my mother’s grandma never truly seemed interested in spending time with us either.

It's no excuse, people can change, but, when you grow up feeling unloved and unwanted, often times it causes you to put up a protective shell to keep everyone out.

It looks like you didn't allow that to happen and took the example from your Father's side of the family.

Also, some people are not meant to have children. But it will help your anger if you just realize your Mom probably had issues very similar to yours, but, wasn't strong enough or didn't know how to overcome them. Doesn't make it right... but we all have our inner demons and battles...
You misunderstand - I am not angry. There simply is no point in a further relationship there.

She STILL wants it for her own benefit. I have a family that requires my attention and they not only deserve it but I am obligated. She is not going to encroach upon that. She has to live with the decisions that she has made through life.

Might be the root of that – my mother’s grandma never truly seemed interested in spending time with us either.

It's no excuse, people can change, but, when you grow up feeling unloved and unwanted, often times it causes you to put up a protective shell to keep everyone out.

It looks like you didn't allow that to happen and took the example from your Father's side of the family.

Also, some people are not meant to have children. But it will help your anger if you just realize your Mom probably had issues very similar to yours, but, wasn't strong enough or didn't know how to overcome them. Doesn't make it right... but we all have our inner demons and battles...
You misunderstand - I am not angry. There simply is no point in a further relationship there.

She STILL wants it for her own benefit. I have a family that requires my attention and they not only deserve it but I am obligated. She is not going to encroach upon that. She has to live with the decisions that she has made through life.

Everyone deserves 2nd chances - be the better person, but it sounds like you are are.... allowing her in the life of your children...

Forum List

Back