Fauci says polio would still be here if today's misinformation existed then

But FOX news and Facebook....thankfully...Did not exist then. And trump was only beginning his career of grift.

Small pox and a long list of other diseases would still exist if today's conservatives were around in those times.

But FOX news and Facebook....thankfully...Did not exist then. And trump was only beginning his career of grift.
the vaccine was not entirely smoothly rolled out

But imo today, even in the former UK and Germany, there is a propensity to disbelieve. Of course Hitler got most germans to be ok with blaming Jews, and in Japan a maj believed they had to expand to save their nation.

Here in America there has been a decline in upward mobility for those less able to adapt to the age of tech or information. Imo that and Obama's bailout of wall st and not main st, has created the age of Trumpian Bullshit.

First of all, there is no comparison between COVID and Polio. It's an apples and oranges juxtaposition. Second, the Spanish Influenza has been around for more than 100 years despite the fact we have a new vaccine for it every year. COVID is never going away. It's here for good and we will live with it just as we have the seasonal flu, common cold, etc.

If a child got polio he or she was really screwed.

If a child gets the Joe Dufus' Chicom buddies flu it will be hardly anything.

Tremendous difference.

The high risk demographics for the Chicom flu had a tremendous high rate of vaccination. The ones not getting it are low risk.

Stop spreading that lie.

I can fill a message box with the cases of children fighting for their lives and some dying of the virus.

Stop the lies. You are causing more death and suffering with the lies.

Stop spreading that lie.

I can fill a message box with the cases of children fighting for their lives and some dying of the virus.

Yes, I'm sure if you listed every single child one by one who has COVID complications you could fill a message box considering there are billions of children around the planet, but the number of kids devastated by COVID is almost statistically insignificant and I have little doubt you didn't know that, so, it is, in fact, you who is the lying propaganda pusher. There is absolutely no reasonable comparison of COVID to Polio. Polio was exponentially more deadly to children.

First of all, there is no comparison between COVID and Polio. It's an apples and oranges juxtaposition. Second, the Spanish Influenza has been around for more than 100 years despite the fact we have a new vaccine for it every year. COVID is never going away. It's here for good and we will live with it just as we have the seasonal flu, common cold, etc.
Why is the comparison between covid and polio invalid?

The flu vaccines does indeed prevent a flu pandemic such as the spanish flu. Even now with covid, if no one had been vaccinated we'd be seeing much higher rates. It not only prevents infection in those vaccintated (mostly) but because fewer people get sick, it doesn't spread as well

Stop spreading that lie.

Stop being an ignorant asshole.

The number of children deaths caused by the Joe Dufus Chicom buddies virus is not zero but it is very, very, very low.

You Moon Bats are always dishonest as hell and that is why we ridicule you so much.

Deaths from COVID ‘incredibly rare’ among children

Deaths from COVID ‘incredibly rare’ among children

Studies find that overall risk of death or severe disease from COVID-19 is very low in kids.

Why did you alter My post?

The concept of what I was discussing is very easy to grasp.

Political power is obtained by parties and passed to Individuals in positions of authority. At this time, that person is Biden.

You clowns have politicized a medical issue for power and power alone. Not for one second do I think that you, or the Democrats, care about public health in general.
The question remains unanswered.

What power is granted by having people vaccinated?

Labcoatdespotsayswhat?

Why is the comparison between covid and polio invalid?

The flu vaccines does indeed prevent a flu pandemic such as the spanish flu. Even now with covid, if no one had been vaccinated we'd be seeing much higher rates. It not only prevents infection in those vaccintated (mostly) but because fewer people get sick, it doesn't spread as well
Even now with covid, if no one had been vaccinated we'd be seeing much higher rates.

Post hoc fallacy.

Yes, I'm sure if you listed every single child one by one who has COVID complications you could fill a message box considering there are billions of children around the planet, but the number of kids devastated by COVID is almost statistically insignificant and I have little doubt you didn't know that, so, it is, in fact, you who is the lying propaganda pusher. There is absolutely no reasonable comparison of COVID to Polio. Polio was exponentially more deadly to children.

So you're saying that because you believe the numbers are smaller that there is no comparison?

I can't disagree with you more.

You are not taking into account the new mutations of the virus. They are more contagious and deadly than the original virus and it will only get more lethal with new mutations.

Nor are you taking into account what is now being called "long term" cases. While the person doesn't die quickly, they face a lifetime of health problems caused by the virus.

Saying that polio and other diseases are no comparison to covid is ridiculous and not true.

If today's conservatives were around in those times, polio and many other deadly diseases would still be here.

So you're saying that because you believe the numbers are smaller that there is no comparison?
It's not my belief; it's an iron clad fact.
You are not taking into account the new mutations of the virus. They are more contagious and deadly than the original virus and it will only get more lethal with new mutations.
You have no evidence of that whatsoever. The Spanish Influenza has been mutating for 100 years. That's why they have to come up with a new flu shot every year. Has H1N1 ever been deadlier than it was from 1918 through 1920?

Saying that polio and other diseases are no comparison to covid is ridiculous and not true.

If today's conservatives were around in those times, polio and many other deadly diseases would still be here.
No, what's true is you're a dishonest alarmist who has to produce an extreme example in order to justify your position, which means your position is incredibly weak.

Polio had a safe and effective vaccine approved by a non-political FDA.

Science has led to vaccines. This new current virus can be debated but others simply cannot.

If a child got polio he or she was really screwed.

If a child gets the Joe Dufus' Chicom buddies flu it will be hardly anything.

Tremendous difference.

The high risk demographics for the Chicom flu had a tremendous high rate of vaccination. The ones not getting it are low risk.
Except....well they could die. But what the f--- do you care....huh?

Forum List

Back