Feast of Eid

I am glad you are doing this but like another poster wrote be careful because in today society you have so many that will make a fuss over this…

That kind is mostly found in the wealthy suburbs. My district is very far (in every sense) from that. The population I teach is perhaps the least likely to "make a fuss" over things.

A few of my classes have one or two Muslim students in them, so we had a little mini Feast of Eid in one class today. I tried my hand at preparing a few traditional dishes (and a few store-bought ones). I think the students appreciated a little recognition (in most classes they are very much in the minority), and the other students got to try some foods they'd never had before.
That much have really stunk up the joint. Ans then the farting starts!!! :ack-1:

That kind is mostly found in the wealthy suburbs. My district is very far (in every sense) from that. The population I teach is perhaps the least likely to "make a fuss" over things.
That is good…

I swear when I went to school we were taught these things and about the harshness of America for Italians, Irish and even Germans and I grew up being taught not to alienate a society and show respect no matter the skin color, religion or even sexual preferences ( unless rape or hurting a child ) so I wish society would learn what you did should be the norm but alas they never do…

If I want to eat truly healthier food I go Persian and it taste great!

Should have married a Persian and yes I know that is Iran today but some still call it Persia just like some still call Istanbul it former name Constantinople…
Most Iranian people I have gotten to know have been highly educated, friendly and thoughtful people.

Why not? You wanted them to experience the Eid Festival? That's what they do. Hand washing is optional. Even after the meal.
Nope. They have little bowls of rosewater and hot towels to wash up. Then they bring incense to waft over your clothing if you choose.

@JoeBlow
Of course. I have visited several bedu camps... And a refugee camp outside Beirut in the 1950s.
A visit...how quaint!
Have you even had a long term relationship with any Muslims who aren't as wealthy as yourself?

Forum List

Back