Feds do NY States job and arrest Lee Zeldin’s attacker

They make perfect sense. They kept a kid in jail awaiting trial for 3 years, for stealing a backpack. If convicted his sentence wouldn't be close to 3 years.
That kid had an idiot lawyer. All he had to do was file a motion for a speedy trial and the Judge would have had to either set an immediate trial date (I believe the standard is within a month) or order the charges dropped. One of the first questions asked at arraignment is if the defendant is willing to waive his speedy trial rights. That right can always be reasserted.

I know you do not, but I was attacked for saying there was no evidence he was a lefty...and now it turns out I was right.

The guy did something stupid while drunk. I am not sure I disagree with the law, is he really a threat to the community?

I’m gonna say, yes. Because he could get drunk enough to try again and maybe succeed?

Plus, and I’m now being less than sarcastic, I think the bail law as it currently exists in NY is absolutely wrong-headed to the extent that it allows anyone charged with a violent felony to be entitled to ROR (released on their own recognizance). The correct bail amount? Who knows? But zero dollars? Whew.

I liked that as a defense attorney since it was my job to provide legal help to those accused. I would have hated that as a prosecutor because it is absolutely mindless. And dangerous to the community, too.

I’m gonna say, yes. Because he could get drunk enough to try again and maybe succeed?

Plus, and I’m now being less than sarcastic, I think the bail law as it currently exists in NY is absolutely wrong-headed to the extent that it allows anyone charged with a violent felony to be entitled to ROR (released on their own recognizance). The correct bail amount? Who knows? But zero dollars? Whew.

I liked that as a defense attorney since it was my job to provide legal help to those accused. I would have hated that as a prosecutor because it is absolutely mindless. And dangerous to the community, too.

Fair enough

That kid had an idiot lawyer. All he had to do was file a motion for a speedy trial and the Judge would have had to either set an immediate trial date (I believe the standard is within a month) or order the charges dropped. One of the first questions asked at arraignment is if the defendant is willing to waive his speedy trial rights. That right can always be reasserted.
Trump Wrong GIFs | Tenor

You goons were jumping up and down liberal violence when… again… as usual… it’s a right winger. Add him to the long ass list.

They make perfect sense. They kept a kid in jail awaiting trial for 3 years, for stealing a backpack. If convicted his sentence wouldn't be close to 3 years.
You shouldn't have stolen the backpack, dummy.

Terrific news! The fucker shouldn’t have been out on his own recognizance. The NY bail law is pretty fucked up.
They still didn't charge him with attempted murder so it's still a joke.

Turns out the attacker was a drunk Iraqi war veteran. He’s a nutty right winger who just got drunk and wanted to fight, or maybe a mental health victim.

According to the criminal complaint filed Saturday, Jakubonis, an Iraqi War Army veteran, allegedly told authorities he had consumed whiskey on the day of the campaign event and "must have checked out" as he walked on the stage and asked if Zeldin was disrespecting veterans. Jakubonis told authorities he did not know who Zeldin was at the time.

Still a stupid leftist.

You goons were jumping up and down liberal violence when… again… as usual… it’s a right winger. Add him to the long ass list.
I don’t believe you know your audience. You aren’t speaking to goons. Just people who disagree with your usual brainless smack talk. And who is talking about liberal violence? Other than your imagination?

Violence is violence. The political affiliation of a would be assassin isn’t the issue and never has been. Even if this latest one is a so-called conservative, the issue is still whether he should be simply walked out the door after an attempted assassination.

I don’t believe you know your audience. You aren’t speaking to goons. Just people who disagree with your usual brainless smack talk. And who is talking about liberal violence? Other than your imagination?

Violence is violence. The political affiliation of a would be assassin isn’t the issue and never has been. Even if this latest one is a so-called conservative, the issue is still whether he should be simply walked out the door after an attempted assassination.
This post aged poorly the second it was posted. Look one post above yours. You’re welcome.

Forum List

Back