Feds do NY States job and arrest Lee Zeldin’s attacker

I am not saying he could not have killed him with that, just that he was not trying to kill him, just get him off the stage
You may be right in your pure speculation.

Or, and follow along, you might very well be badly mistaken. One obvious question springs to mind.

Why would he need to be wearing his cat-knuckles if he was only planning on getting the candidate off the stage?

You may be right in your pure speculation.

Or, and follow along, you might very well be badly mistaken. One obvious question springs to mind.

Why would he need to be wearing his cat-knuckles if he was only planning on getting the candidate off the stage?

You are attempting to insert logic into the actions of a drunk person, that does not normally work.

Drunk people logic is not the same as normal logic.

You are attempting to insert logic into the actions of a drunk person, that does not normally work.

Drunk people logic is not the same as normal logic.
You assume he was drunk.

Maybe it is best too await actual evidence on that one.

And there is an axiom in the law that voluntary intoxication is not an excuse.

Voluntary Intoxication​

Establishing a defense of voluntary intoxication is much more difficult than involuntary intoxication. Under prevailing legal standards, voluntary intoxication is an applicable defense only for certain crimes, and, even in those circumstances, juries are far less likely to accept a defense of intoxication when the defendant brought the intoxication upon himself or herself.

This ain’t a law class and Justia isn’t a law school. The whole topic is actually much more thorny. That’s for sure.

You assume he was drunk.

Maybe it is best too await actual evidence in that one.

That is what the police report said.

And there is an axiom in the law that voluntary intoxication is not an excuse.

I agree, i am not saying he should not be punished, just do not think it was an attempted assassination, and neither did the state of NY.

That is what the police report said.

I agree, i am not saying he should not be punished, just do not think it was an attempted assassination, and neither did the state of NY.
It may have not been. Or it may have been. Sometimes cops and prosecutors overcharge. Sometimes they under-charge.

And the opinion of the police about whether he was intoxicated is of some legal moment. That’s true. But it isn’t decisive.

It may have not been. Or it may have been. Sometimes cops and prosecutors overcharge. Sometimes they under-charge.

And the opinion of the police about whether he was intoxicated is of some legal moment. That’s true. But it isn’t decisive.

The police choose the charge based on the situation. They had no reason to go light on him if it were not warranted.

It is a fairly small town, the guy was a Vet, there is a good chance the police knew him.

Terrific news! The fucker shouldn’t have been out on his own recognizance. The NY bail law is pretty fucked up.
From the article:

"Due to the class of felony allegedly committed, under New York law, the presiding judge couldn't have set bond even if they wanted to, Hurley previously told CNN"

Also, his bail hearing for the federal charge is Wednesday.

Enjoy your nothingburger.

The police choose the charge based on the situation. They had no reason to go light on him if it were not warranted.
I would assume so. And I didn’t suggest otherwise. But that doesn’t make the charges the correct charges.
It is a fairly small town, the guy was a Vet, there is a good chance the police knew him.
Maybe.

From the article:

"Due to the class of felony allegedly committed, under New York law, the presiding judge couldn't have set bond even if they wanted to, Hurley previously told CNN"
I know. So what? Do you have a point? Ever?
Also, his bail hearing for the federal charge is Wednesday.
So?
Enjoy your nothingburger.
What you consider a nothingburger is of absolutely no consequence.

Terrific news! The fucker shouldn’t have been out on his own recognizance. The NY bail law is pretty fucked up.

Glad to hear this loser was arrested.

I’m 100% sure the Vets at the Hall knew exactly what he was capable of when hammered and that is why they are at fault for allowing him near the Event or the stage . ( Real smart vets woulda had two guys on him back in the bar plying him with tik tok videos and free Snacks and distracting the fuck outta him until the event was over & the crowds thinned )

I’m 100% sure the Vets at the Hall knew exactly what he was capable of when hammered and that is why they are at fault for allowing him near the Event or the stage . ( Real smart vets woulda had two guys on him back in the bar plying him with tik tok videos and free Snacks and distracting the fuck outta him until the event was over & the crowds thinned )

Actually if they are like the Vets at the VFW and American Legion I belong to they probably sat back and said "this is going to be fun".

Yep , mostly guys like him eh ... ( Former Officers and Patriots don’t want drunk fuckers tarnishing the Hall and causing shit that won’t blow over for quite a while on their watch )

Yep , mostly guys like him eh ... ( Former Officers and Patriots don’t want drunk fuckers tarnishing the Hall and causing shit that won’t blow over for quite a while on their watch )

You must not spend much time in the halls.

You must not spend much time in the halls.
Guys hittin on other Guys Wives & GFs , Drugs in the Bathrooms or in a diesel Rig in the parking lot , Fights over if it’s the Steelers or Cowboys the big screens , Theft of personal property , poisonous food , Guys bringing modern versions of underage Manson Girls in ...?

Guys hittin on other Guys Wives & GFs , Drugs in the Bathrooms or in a diesel Rig in the parking lot , Fights over if it’s the Steelers or Cowboys the big screens , Theft of personal property , poisonous food , Guys bringing modern versions of underage Manson Girls in ...?

No drugs that I know of, never had anything stolen, some comments about wives and girlfriends for sure

Mostly just hanging out drinking a few beers and watching whatever sports on the TV. At the Legion hall it is normally golf since that where my home golf course ie

Hey BackAgain!!!
4i6Ckte.gif

Forum List

Back