Feeling the Bern?

Feeling the Bern? I am. I even contributed money to his campaign. I've never done that before. Not even for Obama even though I truly hoped he would be the harbinger of change. I'm disappointed.

Here's a good reason why I support Bernie Sanders for President of the United States:

Don't complain about money in politics, and never complain about lying politicians if Bernie Sanders isn't our next president. You have your chance to elect an honest, fearless candidate for president, and if you choose the wrong person, simply don't complain when the next financial collapse costs you a business, or your house.

Source: If Hillary Clinton Isn't Influenced by Wall Street Cash, Then Why Overturn Citizens United?

I'm not going to settle for Hillary.

Bernie Sanders has gained a lot of popularity by proposing what strategists may call “real change” ideas. It’s not just about maintaining the status quo, but fighting Wall Street for their damages on the economy, fighting for healthcare as a human right, and fighting for every kid to be given a chance at a college education. Clinton’s ad seems to suggest that all this “real change” is too idealistic, which may hold some truth.

However, by outright using that as a reason to support her, what Clinton’s ultimately saying is: “real change is impossible, so settle for me.” Not the best motivation speech.

Source: Hillary Clinton Says "No We Can't"

Ugh. If Hillary is the candidate, I won't vote.

I don't want any of those crazy Republican candidates anywhere near the White House (and all of them are many times worse than G.W. Bush).

Are you tired of candidates saying what you want to hear to get your vote, and then forgetting about you until the next time they want your vote? I am. We're heading toward another major collapse and the billionaires will have enough money to buy up everything the rest of us lose. We have a corporate congress ... and other corporate cronies running our country for the benefit of the top one percent. Outrageous.

Do you feel the Bern? why or why not?

if hillary's the candidate you won't vote.

and if bernie is the candidate we can't win.

so there ya go. but feel free to stay home.

I don't agree that Bernie can't win the election.

If he's not the presidential candidate, I will stay home. I won't vote for "evil" even if some people believe Hillary is the lesser evil.

So if we can leave the 18th century now and get back to Bernie Sanders...

Mister Sanders, and the entire American political system would do well to remember the roots of this system and the fact that they work FOR the American people, not the other way around.

In what ways do you feel the GOP and/or Hillary are working more for the American people than they are for the banks?

In what ways do you feel the GOP and/or Hillary are working more for the American people than they are for the banks?

I don't believe ANY politician in Washington, DC or any State Capitol is working for the American People. None have since November of 1860.

Do you still bother to vote?

i will occasionally find an Independent candidate who I can support, or a local politician who isn't corrupted yet (generally young ones) and I'll vote for them. As of 2012, I meet the criteria to write my own name in for POTUS. Other than that, I pretty much avoid voting sites. It's not worth it. The only REAL vote the American People still have would come from the barrel of a firearm or the blade of a knife. I get the feeling that's coming sooner rather than later, but I'm not sure if it'll be in my lifetime.

Do you still bother to vote?

i will occasionally find an Independent candidate who I can support, or a local politician who isn't corrupted yet (generally young ones) and I'll vote for them. As of 2012, I meet the criteria to write my own name in for POTUS. Other than that, I pretty much avoid voting sites. It's not worth it. The only REAL vote the American People still have would come from the barrel of a firearm or the blade of a knife. I get the feeling that's coming sooner rather than later, but I'm not sure if it'll be in my lifetime.

You might want to develop a hobby or two while you wait.

Feeling the Bern? I am. I even contributed money to his campaign. I've never done that before. Not even for Obama even though I truly hoped he would be the harbinger of change. I'm disappointed.

Here's a good reason why I support Bernie Sanders for President of the United States:

Don't complain about money in politics, and never complain about lying politicians if Bernie Sanders isn't our next president. You have your chance to elect an honest, fearless candidate for president, and if you choose the wrong person, simply don't complain when the next financial collapse costs you a business, or your house.

Source: If Hillary Clinton Isn't Influenced by Wall Street Cash, Then Why Overturn Citizens United?

Bernie Sanders has gained a lot of popularity by proposing what strategists may call “real change” ideas. It’s not just about maintaining the status quo, but fighting Wall Street for their damages on the economy, fighting for healthcare as a human right, and fighting for every kid to be given a chance at a college education. Clinton’s ad seems to suggest that all this “real change” is too idealistic, which may hold some truth.

However, by outright using that as a reason to support her, what Clinton’s ultimately saying is: “real change is impossible, so settle for me.” Not the best motivation speech.

I don't want any of those crazy Republican candidates anywhere near the White House (and all of them are many times worse than G.W. Bush).

Are you tired of candidates saying what you want to hear to get your vote, and then forgetting about you until the next time they want your vote? I am. We're heading toward another major collapse and the billionaires will have enough money to buy up everything the rest of us lose. We have a corporate congress ... and other corporate cronies running our country for the benefit of the top one percent. Outrageous.

Not voting for Hill if she's nominated makes you a dupe, I fear. Both Dems are much better than any Pub.

The two candidates this election worthy of respect for their honesty and integrity are Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul. It's a shame Paul had to drop out.
Honesty and politics don't mix. If you're truly honest, then you're going to have a lot of opposition which means less votes but if you're a skillful liar, you can get the votes of both sides.
While that is true and a skillful BS'r can be more effective, "honest" candidates are needed in our politics and I respect them for their contribution. The presence of Sanders and Paul have been needed and are making a positive impact IMO.
Oh, I agree. In fact most historians agree that honesty is one of the most important traits of a good president. I really don't think politicians actually lie that much, they just don't tell all the truth and they allow the public to reach erroneous conclusion that are in their best interest.

It's easy to vote for Bernie in the primay against a corrupt money grubbing power hungry elitist egomaniac.

If he's not the presidential candidate, I will stay home. I won't vote for "evil" even if some people believe Hillary is the lesser evil.
I never thought Trump would make it this far but he has.

Hillary is by far the most experience and capable candidate but her age is catching up with her. Sanders does't have a chance getting anything he has proposed through congress. Rubio lacks experience and credibility. Cruz's own party can't stand him and his political philosophy is so ridge he will never be able to work with congress. Trump is just plain crazy.

I never thought Trump would make it this far but he has.

Hillary is by far the most experience and capable candidate but her age is catching up with her. Sanders does't have a chance getting anything he has proposed through congress. Rubio lacks experience and credibility. Cruz's own party can't stand him and his political philosophy is so ridge he will never be able to work with congress. Trump is just plain crazy.
Hillary is the most capable? Of what? Getting us killed? I wouldn't hire that old hag to do my laundry.

I think most will agree this election is the most interesting and competitive in a long time (at least for me I suspect I am younger than most here). Also it has a carnival element...what will Trump do next!

I think most will agree this election is the most interesting and competitive in a long time (at least for me I suspect I am younger than most here). Also it has a carnival element...what will Trump do next!
I think a Punch and Judy puppet show would describe it pretty well.

Bernie is just like any other career politician, paid for.
Lol

I don't agree that he is "just like" the others. His long-term record discloses that he stays true to his stated beliefs.

Not voting for Hill if she's nominated makes you a dupe, I fear. Both Dems are much better than any Pub.

If the party establishment thinks people like me will hold our noses, pinch away the stench, and vote for Hillary ... it is thinking wrong ... she's not the heir apparent to the presidency. I won't vote for her, period.

"Ugh. If Hillary is the candidate, I won't vote.

I don't want any of those crazy Republican candidates anywhere near the White House (and all of them are many times worse than G.W. Bush)."

Agreed.

In which case you'll need to vote.

A significant number of us have never voted 'for' anyone, only against.

A significant number of us are pragmatists who long ago accepted a fundamental fact of American politics: voting for the lesser of two evils.

It's understood that there are those who wish to feel excited about those whom they vote for, that their vote will make a difference, and will go to support a candidate who will accomplish what the voter would like to see accomplished.

But that's often not how it works.

The problem isn't a lack of 'good' candidates, or that 'poor' candidates alone seek public office.

The problem is the hyper-partisan nature of American politics, where not only elected office and its privileges are at stake, but where our fundamental rights are in jeopardy, part of the spoils of political war, the consequence of those crazy Republicans, rightwing extremists, and social conservatives.

The Framers created a Constitutional Republic to safeguard our rights and liberties, to shield them from the intrigues and acrimony of partisan conflict, from those who would seek to attack the protected liberties of their political enemies, as most on the right seek to do today.

It would be nice to participate in the political process, to support the candidate who best represents one's views and beliefs, comforted by the fact that whomever might become president, one's rights and liberties would indeed be beyond the reach of that partisan conflict.

Sadly, that's not the case.

With each of the republican candidates for president hostile to the privacy rights of women and the equal protection rights of gay Americans, who as president would appoint judges to the Federal courts and justices to the Supreme Court with the intent of undermining settled, accepted Constitutional jurisprudence and our protected liberties, in addition to republicans' wrongheaded fiscal policy, foreign policy, and propensity for war, we are compelled to vote this November, to vote against the republican nominee, not 'for' someone we don't like.

Forum List

Back