šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Feinstein Targets Trump Christian / Catholic Judicial Nominee As Threat To Lib Abortion Agenda

Feinstein to Catholic judicial nominee: I'm concerned that the dogma lives loudly within you - Hot Air

"This makes twice in three months that a prominent Democratic senator has grilled a Republican nominee for being a tad more religious than theyā€™re comfortable with. Thereā€™ssomething in the Constitution about that, if Iā€™m not mistaken.

Feinsteinā€™s comment is jarring, though, because of how blunt she is in framing deep religious conviction as problematic. What sheā€™s worried about here, very clearly, is abortion. Many Democrats would quite like the idea of a judge refusing to order an execution because it offends their Christian faith, but a judge whoā€™ll do that might also recuse herself rather than uphold a petitionerā€™s right to kill her unborn baby. Feinsteinā€™s ā€œconcernedā€ that Barrettā€™s moral disgust at abortion would lead her to be derelict in following a law of utmost importance to the left. You would think, as a politician with decades of experience, she could find a more politic way to say that than by insisting itā€™s ā€œof concernā€ that a devout Catholic is a devout Catholic, but oh well. ā€œTry to imagine the reaction to this comment in the context of any other religion and federal post,ā€ says Lachlan Markay of the Daily Beast. ā€œA Muslim at CIA, say. Or a Jew at the Fed.ā€ The apology would have already been issued"

Feinstein basicly stated:
'Christians, especially Catholics, are a threat to the Liberal agenda...'

Our laws are not determined by your interpretation of the bible.
Well, actually they are .... if you don't believe our laws are steeped in the JudeoChristian culture, you are seriously deluded.

Our laws are steeped in many cultures. Bearing false witness, murder and stealing are universally condemned in every major culture, modern and ancient. If you are considering the 10 commandments as part of your argument, we don't use the other 7 and the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are banned by the constitution. I know you always heard our laws are based on the bible. I heard the same thing, and believed it too, until I actually read it and studied what was said.

Your commentary about the bible on this site has been rife with inaccuracies, misinterpretations, and intentional distortion. I don't consider you qualified to comment on its contents one way or the other.

Feinstein to Catholic judicial nominee: I'm concerned that the dogma lives loudly within you - Hot Air

"This makes twice in three months that a prominent Democratic senator has grilled a Republican nominee for being a tad more religious than theyā€™re comfortable with. Thereā€™ssomething in the Constitution about that, if Iā€™m not mistaken.

Feinsteinā€™s comment is jarring, though, because of how blunt she is in framing deep religious conviction as problematic. What sheā€™s worried about here, very clearly, is abortion. Many Democrats would quite like the idea of a judge refusing to order an execution because it offends their Christian faith, but a judge whoā€™ll do that might also recuse herself rather than uphold a petitionerā€™s right to kill her unborn baby. Feinsteinā€™s ā€œconcernedā€ that Barrettā€™s moral disgust at abortion would lead her to be derelict in following a law of utmost importance to the left. You would think, as a politician with decades of experience, she could find a more politic way to say that than by insisting itā€™s ā€œof concernā€ that a devout Catholic is a devout Catholic, but oh well. ā€œTry to imagine the reaction to this comment in the context of any other religion and federal post,ā€ says Lachlan Markay of the Daily Beast. ā€œA Muslim at CIA, say. Or a Jew at the Fed.ā€ The apology would have already been issued"

And the supreme law of the land precludes religious tests for holding office. Ain't that a bitch.

It also precludes a judge from basing his rulings on his religious beliefs instead of the law.
Which is why judges sometimes recuse thrmselves from cases...but again, you seem to feel that an Atheist can be a judge and let their beliefs influence thrir decisions....or a Muslim, or a Vegan, or a Climate Change fanatic, etc...

The entire reason Feinstein and Dens singled out this Catholic is because they threaten one of their prized issues - abortions, but when it's their turn to nominate judges they have no problem choosing liberal judges who are 'pro' to their prefered causes and who believe in legislating from the bench.

I'm still not seeing your problem. Republicans choose judges based on their record of the things they support or oppose. Is it somehow unethical or bad that a liberal might as well?

And the supreme law of the land precludes religious tests for holding office. Ain't that a bitch.

It also precludes a judge from basing his rulings on his religious beliefs instead of the law.
Which is why judges sometimes recuse thrmselves from cases...but again, you seem to feel that an Atheist can be a judge and let their beliefs influence thrir decisions....or a Muslim, or a Vegan, or a Climate Change fanatic, etc...

The entire reason Feinstein and Dens singled out this Catholic is because they threaten one of their prized issues - abortions, but when it's their turn to nominate judges they have no problem choosing liberal judges who are 'pro' to their prefered causes and who believe in legislating from the bench.

I'm still not seeing your problem. Republicans choose judges based on their record of the things they support or oppose. Is it somehow unethical or bad that a liberal might as well?

Actually, I don't give two shits about what they support or oppose... that isn't supposed to factor into how they rule. THAT is the difference between conservatives and libs.

And they were right!

ā€œDo you consider yourself an orthodox Catholic?ā€ is an unusual and inappropriate question for a senator to ask a judicial nominee. In fact, the Constitution forbids it.

But that didnā€™t stop Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., from probing Notre Dame Law professor Amy Coney Barrett about her faith. Sen. Dianne Feinstein. D-Calif., also chided Barrett for being a practicing Catholic, proclaiming, ā€œThe dogma lives loudly within you, and thatā€™s of concern.ā€

Both senators appear to have forgotten Article VIā€™s admonition that ā€œno religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Officer or public Trust under the United States.ā€

The senatorsā€™ hostility to religion was loudly on display as Barrett and Michigan Supreme Court Justice Joan Larsen appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee Wednesday, having been nominated by the president to fill two federal appellate vacancies.

President Donald Trump nominated Larsen for the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Michigan and Barrett for the 7th Circuit in Indiana. Both women have faced bitter scrutiny from the left. This makes sense, as both are brilliant, young, conservative, and female, making them serious contenders for a future Supreme Court vacancy.

After a delay, Democratic senators from both Michigan and Indiana have returned the nomineesā€™ blue slips, allowing their nominations to move forward.

Keep readingā€¦

Really, you have no problem when Ginsberg, Kagan or Sotomayor does it. Do you have any examples of this particular judge doing it in the past?

Link? When did Ginsburg, Kagan, or Sotomayor let their religion override the law?

Really, you have no problem when Ginsberg, Kagan or Sotomayor does it. Do you have any examples of this particular judge doing it in the past?

Link? When did Ginsburg, Kagan, or Sotomayor let their religion override the law?

They are solid votes for the regressivism religion. They think the are the sole arbitrators of all things social and can replace congress on legislation. BTW you didn't answer my question.

Last edited:

Well, actually they are .... if you don't believe our laws are steeped in the JudeoChristian culture, you are seriously deluded.

Our laws are steeped in many cultures. Bearing false witness, murder and stealing are universally condemned in every major culture, modern and ancient. If you are considering the 10 commandments as part of your argument, we don't use the other 7 and the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are banned by the constitution. I know you always heard our laws are based on the bible. I heard the same thing, and believed it too, until I actually read it and studied what was said.

Your commentary about the bible on this site has been rife with inaccuracies, misinterpretations, and intentional distortion. I don't consider you qualified to comment on its contents one way or the other.

Surprisingly, I have never cared about your opinion of any commentary I might make. My post was more about our laws than the Bible anyway.

They both clerked for Scalia eh? Interesting. :eusa_think:

Now I think I see the truth of why they make the Democrats really nervous. :laugh:

Actually, I don't give two shits about what they support or oppose... that isn't supposed to factor into how they rule. THAT is the difference between conservatives and libs.

Perhaps you don't, but the entire right wing does. Why else would they block Merrick Garland's nomination for 293 days?

Perhaps you don't, but the entire right wing does. Why else would they block Merrick Garland's nomination for 293 days?

Why block Garland, they didn't want another ass that thought the court could rewrite laws without congressional consent.

They are solid votes for the regressivism religion. They think the are the sole arbitrators of all things social and can replace congress on legislation. BTW you didn't answer my question.

Regressivism religion? I think you're just making stuff up, because I've never seen a Regressivism church. Are they tax exempt like all the other churches? You at least gotta prove that is a religion that exists before you can blame people for following it.

Regressivism religion? I think you're just making stuff up, because I've never seen a Regressivism church. Are they tax exempt like all the other churches? You at least gotta prove that is a religion that exists before you can blame people for following it.

You and your ilk prove it with every post. You think government is God and the people must submit to your ideas of morality and your version of the truth, which ain't truth in reality, just regressivism dogma.

It's interesting from a legal perspective that for a decade we had a Supreme Court controlled by five middle age to old male Catholics ... all white but Thomas, who isn't exactly at home in the hood, LOL. Gorsuch attended a liberal Episcopal church, but he's beyond a doubt at least as far right as Scalia, and probably much more right on issues of police searches.

I don't know precisely what got on Finestine's radar. But the gop's been packing court's with catholics for decades.

Last edited:

You and your ilk prove it with every post. You think government is God and the people must submit to your ideas of morality and your version of the truth, which ain't truth in reality, just regressivism dogma.

So you're still delusional. I had hoped you were getting better by now.

Her goal is a country where Christians can't influence laws. Cultural genocide. Her group was responsible for dismantling laws passed by the people of a Christian nation and now she has to make sure they don't regain a position to fix that.
Circular.

You are right. Christianity, or any other religion has no place exerting undue pressure on what laws we have, or don't have That choice is left to all the people, regardless of religion.

The reason for this questioning is because of Barrett's ties to Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), which is considered to be an anti-gay hate group. Al Franked has asked about her ties to hate groups. However, it is relevant to ask judges whether they put their faith above the law.

And they were right!

ā€œDo you consider yourself an orthodox Catholic?ā€ is an unusual and inappropriate question for a senator to ask a judicial nominee. In fact, the Constitution forbids it.

But that didnā€™t stop Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., from probing Notre Dame Law professor Amy Coney Barrett about her faith. Sen. Dianne Feinstein. D-Calif., also chided Barrett for being a practicing Catholic, proclaiming, ā€œThe dogma lives loudly within you, and thatā€™s of concern.ā€

Both senators appear to have forgotten Article VIā€™s admonition that ā€œno religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Officer or public Trust under the United States.ā€

Can a Catholic be prohibited from becoming a judge?

And they were right!

The senatorsā€™ hostility to religion was loudly on display as Barrett and Michigan Supreme Court Justice Joan Larsen appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee Wednesday, having been nominated by the president to fill two federal appellate vacancies.

President Donald Trump nominated Larsen for the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Michigan and Barrett for the 7th Circuit in Indiana. Both women have faced bitter scrutiny from the left. This makes sense, as both are brilliant, young, conservative, and female, making them serious contenders for a future Supreme Court vacancy.

After a delay, Democratic senators from both Michigan and Indiana have returned the nomineesā€™ blue slips, allowing their nominations to move forward.

Keep readingā€¦
Who said religious tests would begin if you voted Trump?

And they were right!

Can a Catholic be prohibited from becoming a judge?
UnConstitutional to even bring the issue into discussion.

Imagine asking if he is a Muslim and you get the idea.

The reason for this questioning is because of Barrett's ties to Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), which is considered to be an anti-gay hate group. Al Franked has asked about her ties to hate groups. However, it is relevant to ask judges whether they put their faith above the law.
Anyone who believes in traditional marriage is a terrorist to you loons

Forum List

Back