Felons to get the right to vote in Fla.

It could be that the Rapist, Armed Robbers and others could soon vote in all Fla, elections. Fla, in this election will make the decision that all Felons will have the right to vote, and this encludes the ones who are serving time for murder and are one Death Row. How do you feel about this?

I know George Soros and Styer like the idea after all it is the Progressive way of life to come.
If they've paid their debt to society why shouldn't they vote?
Spot on. Florida should join the civilized world that permit those that served their time to vote with only limited exceptions.

True. The "voting booth bomber" should probably be barred.
I am sure the Democrats will get the prefilled ballots to mail out. Just like in Texas.

It could be that the Rapist, Armed Robbers and others could soon vote in all Fla, elections. Fla, in this election will make the decision that all Felons will have the right to vote, and this encludes the ones who are serving time for murder and are one Death Row. How do you feel about this?

I know George Soros and Styer like the idea after all it is the Progressive way of life to come.

Because of that pesky 14th Amendment.

"But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the executive and judicial officers of a state, or the members of the legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such state, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such state."

The Supreme Court has already upheld the forfeiture of felons to vote..

Why has the Supreme Court held that felons lack the constitutional right to vote?

I think if they did the time they should get their rights back ALL OF THEM.

You're NUTS.

Sometimes liberals judges call "Time Served" to the absolute detriment of society.

A repeat offender pedophile......many times more likely to repeat offend...no restrictions?
A repeat vicious domestic abuser.....full rights back?
Someone who shot someone out of anger...but is released early due to over-crowding.....no restrictions on gun ownership?

Voting has too much impact on society. suppose someone nefarious ran for office and got ALL the released felons to vote for him/her?
That'd be a LOT of votes.

I think if they did the time they should get their rights back ALL OF THEM.

You're NUTS.

Sometimes liberals judges call "Time Served" to the absolute detriment of society.

A repeat offender pedophile......many times more likely to repeat offend...no restrictions?
A repeat vicious domestic abuser.....full rights back?
Someone who shot someone out of anger...but is released early due to over-crowding.....no restrictions on gun ownership?

Voting has too much impact on society. suppose someone nefarious ran for office and got ALL the released felons to vote for him/her?
That'd be a LOT of votes.
There are exceptions to those felons who would be able to vote including those convicted of murder and sexual offenses. So under your scenario those people would still not be able to vote in Florida if Amendment 4 is passed.

Spot on. Florida should join the civilized world that permit those that served their time to vote with only limited exceptions.
The are not talking about the ones outside, but those serving time or life or death. It lets them vote on judges who sent them to where they are and others who are elected in the Criminal justice system...Pay back for convicting them.
You're gonna hafta link that up 'cause I'm calling bullshit.

What office is Soros running for?

Criminals vote Democrat

Soon they will tell them if they register as a democrat and stay that way they can get time knocked off that's the next blackmail tactic, then they will re create a new drug war enabling the gov. assholes to throw even more ppl into prison again just like Clinton started. They can make billions off this system.
Honey, it was Nixon and Reagan that declare war against its own citizens..

Question for those that think Felons should get their right to vote back.
Do you also think they should also be able to legally own a firearm?

I voted against that amendment.
So did I (although I've yet to understand why constitutional amendments must be subject popular will).

The scant few felons/convicts/leftists who have rehabilitated and begun leading independent, productive lives have done so without voting.

I voted against that amendment.
I voted for. It is fundamentally unfair not to give those that served their time not to have their right to vote restored. It was an easy call for me.

The putrid hypocrisy of the right is that they would have voted for it if these people voted their way. I would not give a damn how they voted and I am sure a far larger percentage would be conservative voters than realized.

A shame their are so many who are so shallow. But that is conservatism for you.

If you've done your time, why shouldn't you be allowed to vote?

Won't know till election day. Early voting isn't the whole vote.

Florida is one of 5 states that take voting rights from felons. A few can get rights back if the governor grants it. All of those 5 states are conservative red states. Being Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Wyoming and Kentucky.

Most states, like mine, restore voting rights after the felon has served their time and made full restitution.

If a person pays their debt to society, makes full restitution and leads a law abiding life they should have their voting rights restored.

There are millions of ex fellons who have their voting rights restored every day in America in most of the states in our nation.

All the people of Florida are doing is catching up with the rest of the nation and joining the 21st century.

Forum List

Back