Felons to get the right to vote in Fla.

It could be that the Rapist, Armed Robbers and others could soon vote in all Fla, elections. Fla, in this election will make the decision that all Felons will have the right to vote, and this encludes the ones who are serving time for murder and are one Death Row. How do you feel about this?

I know George Soros and Styer like the idea after all it is the Progressive way of life to come.
If they've paid their debt to society why shouldn't they vote?

Because of that pesky 14th Amendment.

"But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the executive and judicial officers of a state, or the members of the legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such state, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such state."

The Supreme Court has already upheld the forfeiture of felons to vote..

Why has the Supreme Court held that felons lack the constitutional right to vote?
It is the State law and was found legal under the Rule of law, so far. Soros wants it changed.

To me, if they have paid their debt to society, they should be allowed to vote

Voting is good citizenship

It could be that the Rapist, Armed Robbers and others could soon vote in all Fla, elections. Fla, in this election will make the decision that all Felons will have the right to vote, and this encludes the ones who are serving time for murder and are one Death Row. How do you feel about this?

I know George Soros and Styer like the idea after all it is the Progressive way of life to come.
What office is Soros running for?
King of the Americas South and North.

Violent criminals and sex offenders won't likely get their rights to vote back. I'm okay with that.

Non-violent criminals who have done their time should never have had their right to vote infringed anyway. The fact that they did lose their right to vote says a lot about the nature of our representatives.

What office is Soros running for?
King of the Americas South and North.
Why not Central also?

Actually it won’t work that way.

It is for felons who have served their time and excludes murderers and rapists.

What is wrong with it?

Last edited:
It is silly to think felons will all vote the same. They constitute a very diverse group of people.

I’m fine with the ones who have served their sentences... The ones still locked? A case could be made to suspend their right to vote for the term of their incarceration.

No. Asshole.

The amendment doesn’t extend rights to those convicted of violent crimes or sex crimes.

Try again, shithead.

If they've paid their debt to society why shouldn't they vote?
Spot on. Florida should join the civilized world that permit those that served their time to vote with only limited exceptions.
The are not talking about the ones outside, but those serving time or life or death. It lets them vote on judges who sent them to where they are and others who are elected in the Criminal justice system...Pay back for convicting them.

Incorrect. You are misinformed. Just the way Trump and the GOP like you.

Let 'em vote. Corporations that have been convicted of felonies can legally bribe our politicians to vote a certain way, so it's not like the vote is that sacred like it's made out to be.

Forum List

Back