🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Female cop who shot guy.....the guy was high on pcp....she may walk now...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Andrew Branca is an expert in legal self defense...his thoughts on the revelation that the guy shot in Tulsa was high on pcp.....

Legal Game Changer: Terence Crutcher had "High Levels" of PCP when shot by OK police

The racial narrative in the shooting death of Crutcher appears to have taken a fatal blow with the news yesterday, as reported in the New York Times and elsewhere, that the coroner in the case has determined the Crutcher “had a high level of the drug PCP in his body” at the time of his death (emphasis added).

This finding essentially puts the finishing bow on Officer Shelby’s narrative of a lawful use of deadly force, which was already consistent with all available evidence. It also puts a spotlight on the local prosecutor’s shameful and patently politically-motivated decision to charge Shelby with manslaughter in Crutcher’s death even before the coroner’s findings had been released.

It is worthwhile here to recap Shelby’s narrative of the events surrounding the shooting of Crutcher (drawn primarily from this ABC news story). Naturally, none of us were there, Shelby’s recounting of events is only one side of the story, and it is subject to disproof by incriminating evidence (if any can be found).

It is important to keep in mind, however, that the legal standard to be applied is that Shelby’s guilty must be proven, and thus her narrative of innocence disproven, beyond a reasonable doubt in order to overcome her presumed innocence. Unless there is some reasonable prospect of that happening there is no possible legal justification for bringing criminal charges against her.

I suggest that even a superficial examination of her narrative, considered with the totality of all the other available evidence, makes it extraordinarily unlikely that it can be disproven beyond a reasonable doubt. This is even more the case with the coroner’s finding of a high level of PCP in Crutcher’s body.

As I recall, Shelby's justification in shooting Crutcher is depends on whether or not Crutcher was reaching inside his car through the window -- not whether he was using PCP.

A cop can't just shoot someone for being drunk or on some drug. Shelby must show valid and credible cause to believe her life, or the life or lives or others, was in jeopardy. That is the only justifiable reason for using deadly force.

Even if Shelby beats the Manslaughter charge Crutcher's family will soon be made very wealthy.

This is how you get Mexican style police forces....good people decide not to become cops...then the political hacks lift the standards and put their thugs in the police....this is how the left creates the hell holes you see all over the world....

The first mistake was the man being on PCP.

The second mistake was an impaired man not complying with cop demands.

The third mistakes was the 'drug expert' cop thinking shooting an unarmed man next to a closed door with closed windows was an OK way to handle the incident.

She is finished in the cop business.

Thank God

why? because you want unarmed black men shot down with impunity?

If men or women, unarmed or armed, of whatever race, engage in actions that would allow a cop to believe that their life or the life of another citizen is in danger, you're damn right I want them shot with impunity. Why should a cop suffer consequences for doing their job?

Or course, there are circumstances where cops have shot someone unjustly and for that, there are consequences.

Breaking a law and then disobeying lawful orders to stop, resisting arrest while acting like one is high on pcp (turns out to be true), and then reaching into a vehicle through the window with cops surrounding you is clearly the act of someone intent on causing harm. Or someone intent on suicide by cop. Either way, I say good shoot and hell yes, impunity.

This female cop will face a jury. They get to decide if punishment or impunity is appropriate, not you, not me.

The videos shows that "then reaching into a vehicle through the window with cops" could not possibly have happened.

You were fine until that lie.

Maybe there's any racial thing here. Maybe she felt frightened by that guy and shoot him.
Sometimes fear could be very dangerous and you can't do anything to stop it.
In any case I hope she won't be a police woman anymore.
She's not tough enough to be a police woman I guess

Very, very seldom does one of these stories come out where the black guy doesn't have a long arrest history, is actually obeying cops, isn't on drugs or isn't a violent thug. BLM and the National Anthem protests are based on a false narrative. Hillary supports these people. These people are the real "deplorables".

The bitch is going down. deal with it.
Judge Joey?

Jury an executioner?

You continue to amaze and amuse.

Hey, you can't talk your way out of that tape where she shoots an unarmed man presenting no threat.

Bitch is going down. and frankly, this is a good thing. It'll make the next thug with a badge and gun think twice.
I never said that which you imply.

I referred to you not getting to make that decision Judge Joey.

Do you understand that we have "hearings" in America and she gets her day in front of her "peers."

Yes. You continue to amaze.

Breaking a law and then disobeying lawful orders to stop, resisting arrest while acting like one is high on pcp (turns out to be true), and then reaching into a vehicle through the window with cops surrounding you is clearly the act of someone intent on causing harm. Or someone intent on suicide by cop. Either way, I say good shoot and hell yes, impunity.

Um, the Window was closed and he wasn't reaching through it.

Again, the bitch is going to jail. Deal with it.

I never said that which you imply.

I referred to you not getting to make that decision Judge Joey.

Do you understand that we have "hearings" in America and she gets her day in front of her "peers."

Yes. You continue to amaze.

Meh, so what? No jury is going to let her walk with that tape....

Forum List

Back