🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Feminist controversy du jour

Elizabeth Bennet and Marianne Dashwood are both fictional characters. They portray women, but if the authors of the books were alive and decided to get crazy, they could turn them in to male characters and you would have no say so. They are not real, they really can't think for themselves, you can't say, like the idiot TK, that because I made a joke about Spiderwoman being smarter than Spiderman, that I hate men. That's an ignorant and stupid comment to make, but then, I have to consider the source.

Yes they are female characters, AKA women.
No, they are fictional. They do not exist except in the book. They portray women, and may even be representative of a real person, but they themselves are not real.

Believe it or not, I don't have any say in you turning yourself into a man either, that in no way makes you less real than you are. Those characters are real to those who read Austen's books, just like Spider-Man is real to those who are his fans. You might be able to make a case that they are all crazy, but I doubt that you would be able to convince a psychiatrist that there is anything wrong with them.

If you want to believe they are real, well, go ahead, you are your own boss, but they are still "fictional". And, I don't think that people that think they are real are crazy, I think they are just delusional.

fic·tion (f
ibreve.gif
k
prime.gif
sh
schwa.gif
n)
n.
a.
An imaginative creation or a pretense that does not represent actuality but has been invented.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

No, you didn't..... I was just wondering why you didn't get a load of crap from TK, like I did for the same thing.

Because I gave you a load of crap for saying Spider-Man is not a man. If you can point out where I let TK slide on saying the same thing I will correct my oversight.

No, you didn't give me a load of crap, TK did. But, he gave you a pass.....for the same thing....I just posted it to your post where you were claiming that you were being sarcastic, so TK would realize that I wasn't the only one posting sarcasm and that he didn't need to be insulting when people are joking.

If you want to believe they are real, well, go ahead, you are your own boss, but they are still "fictional". And, I don't think that people that think they are real are crazy, I think they are just delusional.

fic·tion (f
ibreve.gif
k
prime.gif
sh
schwa.gif
n)
n.
a.
An imaginative creation or a pretense that does not represent actuality but has been invented.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I never said they are real, did I? I said they are real to their fans.

No, you didn't give me a load of crap, TK did. But, he gave you a pass.....for the same thing....I just posted it to your post where you were claiming that you were being sarcastic, so TK would realize that I wasn't the only one posting sarcasm and that he didn't need to be insulting when people are joking.

Funny, I don't recall you objecting to Pogo being insulting to me for using sarcasm, did I miss it?

I refer you to the OP and the double standards mentioned in the video.

fic·tion (f
ibreve.gif
k
prime.gif
sh
schwa.gif
n)
n.
a.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I never said they are real, did I? I said they are real to their fans.

And you have spoken to every single fan of Spiderman? Hmmmmm

Oops, sounds like I stepped on someone's toes.....and I don't hate all things conservative, and especially not all conservatives.... just the ones that make innocuous comments like they know all there is to know about liberals, and sound like they hate all liberals.
So you hate only the innocuous comments? M'ok.

Stepped on my toes, :lol:, you love that line. The fact is sometimes you're such a lightweight if you did I doubt I'd even feel it. Now, care to address the op?

Oops, sounds like I stepped on someone's toes.....and I don't hate all things conservative, and especially not all conservatives.... just the ones that make innocuous comments like they know all there is to know about liberals, and sound like they hate all liberals.
So you hate only the innocuous comments? M'ok.
Yep, like yours.

Stepped on my toes, :lol:, you love that line. The fact is sometimes you're such a lightweight if you did I doubt I'd even feel it. Now, care to address the op?

Well, you squawked.....why else? I am lightweight, thank you.....but, I have already said what I was going to say on the subject.....and, I don't take orders from innocuous people either.

Do yourself a favor then,get a dictionary.

in·noc·u·ous

1. not harmful or offensive.
    "it was an innocuous question"
    synonyms:harmless, safe, nontoxic, innocent
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
So much for trying to convince anyone you're not a hating closed minded liberal lemming.

in·noc·u·ous

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So much for trying to convince anyone you're not a hating closed minded liberal lemming.

I know what innocuous means.....you are innocuous.

I might add....

not interesting, stimulating, or significant; pallid; insipid:

This a troll post If I ever saw one. Don't we all have better things to do?

Well, we could ask TK how his all expense-paid trip went and what he's doing now that he's back home.

Oh yeah, and we could tell him that Templar Kormac isn't real either but that little fact might be more than he can take.

in·noc·u·ous

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I might add....

Bravo, you can be taught.

in·noc·u·ous

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I might add....

Like I said, you are innocuous. Looks like you missed the additional definition I provided.....or acted like you did...:rolleyes:

in·noc·u·ous

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I might add....

Like I said, you are innocuous. Looks like you missed the additional definition I provided.....or acted like you did...:rolleyes:
No one missed it idiot. You claim to hate what does you no harm. You're a tool. I don't hate you - a liberal innocuous tool, I just laugh at you.

Still afraid to address the op...or just inept?

I don't read comics, certainly not those and I don't care, as long as she is smarter than Spiderman.
That sums it all up. Comics are geared for boys and boys want to see sexy girls. Feminists want all women to dye their hair gray, dominate their men, crunch on granola, force Title IX and insist men and women are no different.

in·noc·u·ous

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I might add....

No one missed it idiot. You claim to hate what does you no harm. You're a tool. I don't hate you - a liberal innocuous tool, I just laugh at you.

Still afraid to address the op...or just inept?

Ooooh.....must resort to name-calling. Yep, I must have pushed your buttons, who knew? I don't hate anything....especially you, because you are not important enough to draw that type of reaction. Just an annoying gnat, you are, and you seem to be proving it. And, you probably laugh at everything....most fools do.

I don't read comics, certainly not those and I don't care, as long as she is smarter than Spiderman.
That sums it all up. Comics are geared for boys and boys want to see sexy girls. Feminists want all women to dye their hair gray, dominate their men, crunch on granola, force Title IX and insist men and women are no different.

And, you're a boy who wants to see sexy girls? You sure seem to know a lot about feminists....are you one? Sure sound like one.....hope you graduate from jr. high soon.

If you don't know what I am talking about, get a life. If you do, here is the best take down of the idiocy I have seen yet.

Some people look for things to be offended by. It really makes me wonder, why does anybody care if anybody else it's offended? If no rights were violated, and no injury occurred as a result, aren't people caterwalling about being offended just being crybabies?

Forum List

Back