🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Filmmaker Who Targeted ACORN Arrested in Alleged Senate Phone Scheme

Here is some interesting perspective or spin on the story.

Ben Stein compares O’Keefe’s case to that of alleged voter intimidation by self-declared Black Panthers, and asks why O’Keefe is being prosecuted and the Panthers are not:
In case you wonder what the future is for justice and law enforcement and media control in this country, take a look at two cases.
During the last Presidential election, a gang of men calling themselves Black Panthers showed up at a polling place in Michigan. They threatened any voter who did not vote for Barack Obama. This was witnessed and documented. (I am suspicious of their involvement with the real Black Panthers, whom I knew well in New Haven, who had a little more finesse along with many, many faults.)
The bullying was barely reported in the media. Even though it is an unequivocal violation of voting rights laws, it was decided by Obama’s Attorney General, Eric Holder, not to prosecute the case at all. Holder is the legal genius who thought of holding the trial for the self-styled master mind of 9/11, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, in downtown Manhattan instead of in a military setting. He has recently backtracked on that.
Stein compares this to the case of O’Keefe, whom he considers to be simply a journalist. There is no question that the initial reports of O’Keefe’s alleged behavior were overblown, and poisoned the public mind with images of “Watergate Jr.” Even law enforcement has admitted that O’Keefe was not trying to wiretap Landrieu’s phone, and numerous news outlets have issued retractions of their initial claims of attempted “bugging.”
The current official version — that O’Keefe was trying to disable Landrieu’s phones — makes less sense every day. O’Keefe was videotaping the crew. One of the men wore a small camera on his helmet. They were asking questions about matters that repairmen would have no interest in. The affidavit reveals no mention of any tools that could be used inside a phone closet.
This does not sound like the actions of men engaged in felonious behavior.
Given the seeming lack of felonious intent, it appears increasingly clear that the only potentially viable charge is a misdemeanor for entering a federal building under false pretenses. Stein says:
They were undercover reporters and TV operators. But that doesn’t matter. Their real crime was disturbing the peace and quiet of the nation’s liberal establishment and embarrassing ACORN. For this, these pranksters are charged with a federal crime. (“First Amendment? What’s that?”)
Meanwhile, no charges against those thugs with the clubs at the polling place.
Indeed. Nor are there typically charges against news organizations that smuggle explosives past hapless TSA employees at airports.
Nor, for that matter, are there likely be charges against “Ellie Light,” the prolific letter-writer who sent dozens of letters to newspapers throughout the country under a phony name. The real “Ellie Light,” a man named Winston Steward, has admitted to sending the letters under a false name to the papers, including several in California — actions that violate a California misdemeanor against such behavior.
Yet prosecution of Steward, I imagine, would be very unlikely. And calls from the left to prosecute Steward are . . . far from deafening.
Steward was peddling lies. The Black Panthers were spreading fear. James O’Keefe was searching for the truth.
Only one of these cases is being prosecuted.
Maybe James O’Keefe did enter a federal building under false pretenses. Maybe.
But doesn’t every Congressperson do that every day?

Hot Air Blog Archive Ben Stein: Free James O’Keefe

Were there any arrests made in the supposed "Black Panther" cases?

Were there any positive identifications as to who the perpetrators were?

Is there any actual evidence or verification by law enforcement at all, that the videos in question were not staged?

And if one were to make the effort to find and arrest the people responsible for said alleged actions, one would first need to find and arrest the people responsible for physically intimidating the people conducting the Florida Recount in 2000 for their similar illegal actions.

In O'Keefe's case, there is video, witness verification, and actual law enforcement presence on the scene to verify the identities of the people and the actions in question.

In addition, O'Keefe was actually arrested at the scene of the crime, in the commission of the crime.

I find it absolutely unbelievable that people like Ben Stein, who was so quick to believe the horrible stories about ACORN employees, based on a heavily edited video tape, are now trying to cast doubt on a verifiable federal felony attempt, where the arresting officials have much more evidence than O'Keefe's case against ACORN.

Now, as I have previously indicated that I am inclined to believe O'Keefe's ACORN expose, even though his tapes were edited, in at least one of the cases, possibly more.

But you can be sure as hell that, with all the evidence against O'Keefe, I also believe the FBI case against him.

Last edited:
Face it........James The Queef is going to go away for about 10 years.

He'd better hope FAUX is gonna still be willing to hire a middle aged person. Hmm.......maybe by that time Blech or Billo the Clown will have moved on to greener pastures.

Preferably 6 feet down..........

Here is some interesting perspective or spin on the story.

Ben Stein compares O’Keefe’s case to that of alleged voter intimidation by self-declared Black Panthers, and asks why O’Keefe is being prosecuted and the Panthers are not:
In case you wonder what the future is for justice and law enforcement and media control in this country, take a look at two cases.
During the last Presidential election, a gang of men calling themselves Black Panthers showed up at a polling place in Michigan. They threatened any voter who did not vote for Barack Obama. This was witnessed and documented. (I am suspicious of their involvement with the real Black Panthers, whom I knew well in New Haven, who had a little more finesse along with many, many faults.)
The bullying was barely reported in the media. Even though it is an unequivocal violation of voting rights laws, it was decided by Obama’s Attorney General, Eric Holder, not to prosecute the case at all. Holder is the legal genius who thought of holding the trial for the self-styled master mind of 9/11, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, in downtown Manhattan instead of in a military setting. He has recently backtracked on that.
Stein compares this to the case of O’Keefe, whom he considers to be simply a journalist. There is no question that the initial reports of O’Keefe’s alleged behavior were overblown, and poisoned the public mind with images of “Watergate Jr.” Even law enforcement has admitted that O’Keefe was not trying to wiretap Landrieu’s phone, and numerous news outlets have issued retractions of their initial claims of attempted “bugging.”
The current official version — that O’Keefe was trying to disable Landrieu’s phones — makes less sense every day. O’Keefe was videotaping the crew. One of the men wore a small camera on his helmet. They were asking questions about matters that repairmen would have no interest in. The affidavit reveals no mention of any tools that could be used inside a phone closet.
This does not sound like the actions of men engaged in felonious behavior.
Given the seeming lack of felonious intent, it appears increasingly clear that the only potentially viable charge is a misdemeanor for entering a federal building under false pretenses. Stein says:
They were undercover reporters and TV operators. But that doesn’t matter. Their real crime was disturbing the peace and quiet of the nation’s liberal establishment and embarrassing ACORN. For this, these pranksters are charged with a federal crime. (“First Amendment? What’s that?”)
Meanwhile, no charges against those thugs with the clubs at the polling place.
Indeed. Nor are there typically charges against news organizations that smuggle explosives past hapless TSA employees at airports.
Nor, for that matter, are there likely be charges against “Ellie Light,” the prolific letter-writer who sent dozens of letters to newspapers throughout the country under a phony name. The real “Ellie Light,” a man named Winston Steward, has admitted to sending the letters under a false name to the papers, including several in California — actions that violate a California misdemeanor against such behavior.
Yet prosecution of Steward, I imagine, would be very unlikely. And calls from the left to prosecute Steward are . . . far from deafening.
Steward was peddling lies. The Black Panthers were spreading fear. James O’Keefe was searching for the truth.
Only one of these cases is being prosecuted.
Maybe James O’Keefe did enter a federal building under false pretenses. Maybe.
But doesn’t every Congressperson do that every day?

Hot Air Blog Archive Ben Stein: Free James O’Keefe

Were there any arrests made in the supposed "Black Panther" cases?

Were there any positive identifications as to who the perpetrators were?

Is there any actual evidence or verification by law enforcement at all, that the videos in question were not staged?

And if one were to make the effort to find and arrest the people responsible for said alleged actions, one would first need to find and arrest the people responsible for physically intimidating the people conducting the Florida Recount in 2000 for their similar illegal actions.

In O'Keefe's case, there is video, witness verification, and actual law enforcement presence on the scene to verify the identities of the people and the actions in question.

In addition, O'Keefe was actually arrested at the scene of the crime, in the commission of the crime.

I find it absolutely unbelievable that people like Ben Stein, who was so quick to believe the horrible stories about ACORN employees, based on a heavily edited video tape, are now trying to cast doubt on a verifiable federal felony attempt, where the arresting officials have much more evidence than O'Keefe's case against ACORN.

Now, as I have previously indicated that I am inclined to believe O'Keefe's ACORN expose, even though his tapes were edited, in at least one of the cases, possibly more.

But you can be sure as hell that, with all the evidence against O'Keefe, I also believe the FBI case against him.

Some good honest perspective on Your part, some spin. ACORN fired some of It's People as a result of those tapes, You might want to keep that in mind.
There is True Election Reform requiring Positive ID, that has been obstructed throughout history.
Black Panthers did intimidate, that is not spin.
There is much that certain Attorney Generals refuse to Prosecute. This is sad, on both sides of the Aisle.

Florida Election Recount has different camps, We are opposed.
This is a separate issue, should have It's own Thread. Consider that if counting parameters vary County by County, and State to State, that is inconsistent at best, and opens the door to fraud at worst. This is a Nationwide Reform issue.

O'keefe is in store for a shit storm, I grant You that. Had I had a part in anything like that, I would have done all in My Power to stop it from happening at all. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Some good honest perspective on Your part, some spin. ACORN fired some of It's People as a result of those tapes, You might want to keep that in mind.
There is True Election Reform requiring Positive ID, that has been obstructed throughout history.
There is much that certain Attorney Generals refuse to Prosecute. This is sad, on both sides of the Aisle.

This is a separate issue, should have It's own Thread. Consider that if counting parameters vary County by County, and State to State, that is inconsistent at best, and opens the door to fraud at worst. This is a Nationwide Reform issue.

O'keefe is in store for a shit storm, I grant You that. Had I had a part in anything like that, I would have done all in My Power to stop it from happening at all. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

As I said, I believe the O'Keefe ACORN story, always have, mainly due to the fact that those were definitely ACORN offices, and ACORN never denied those were it's personnel.

I think there was actually one person who went to the police after to report the incident, but the rest of them behaved hideously.

As for the other stories though, there are always things like this being reported by both sides. I'll believe it when see some arrests, and some proof of guilt from law enforcement.

Last edited:

As I said, I believe the O'Keefe ACORN story, always have, mainly due to the fact that those were definitely ACORN offices, and ACORN never denied those were it's personnel.

I think there was actually one person who went to the police after to report the incident, but the rest of them behaved hideously.

As for the other stories though, there are always things like this being reported by both sides. I'll believe it when see some arrests, and some proof of guilt from law enforcement.

Wasn't there a film of the voting intimidation made? If I remember right the one guy, who had something like a police baton, left before the police arrived.

High Jinks to Handcuffs for Landrieu Provocateur

"James O’Keefe III, the guerrilla videographer, advised conservative students this month that they needed to start taking more risks. “The more you put yourself out there and you take those calculated risks,” he told the Web site CampusReform.org, which works to foster conservative activism on college campuses, “you’re actually going to get opportunities.”
Just days later, Mr. O’Keefe, 25, took his own advice, but did not get quite the opportunity he expected.

He and three other men — including a 24-year-old associate, Joseph Basel, who was interviewed alongside Mr. O’Keefe by the Web site — were arrested and charged with a federal felony, accused of seeking to tamper with the office telephone system of Senator Mary L. Landrieu, Democrat of Louisiana. Two of them were impersonating repairmen in the senator’s New Orleans office and were caught after being asked for identification.

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/31/us...1landrieu.html

Lengthy article on the guy, who by his own admission, absolutely adores Saul Alinsky.

"James O’Keefe III, the guerrilla videographer, advised conservative students this month that they needed to start taking more risks. “The more you put yourself out there and you take those calculated risks,” he told the Web site CampusReform.org, which works to foster conservative activism on college campuses, “you’re actually going to get opportunities.”
Just days later, Mr. O’Keefe, 25, took his own advice, but did not get quite the opportunity he expected.

He and three other men — including a 24-year-old associate, Joseph Basel, who was interviewed alongside Mr. O’Keefe by the Web site — were arrested and charged with a federal felony, accused of seeking to tamper with the office telephone system of Senator Mary L. Landrieu, Democrat of Louisiana. Two of them were impersonating repairmen in the senator’s New Orleans office and were caught after being asked for identification.

Lengthy article on the guy, who by his own admission, absolutely adores Saul Alinsky.

Interesting. I'm wondering what the contingency of folks here who like to bring up Alinsky when they are attacking Obama, or just the left in general, have to say about Mr. O'Keefe's inspritation.

Interesting. I'm wondering what the contingency of folks here who like to bring up Alinsky when they are attacking Obama, or just the left in general, have to say about Mr. O'Keefe's inspritation.

LOL, I read that article the other day. I thought it was fascinating that this guy took all his cues from radical revolutionary-type lefties from the 60's.

This little nugget is also floating around the web, but I'm not sure how much veracity to put into it:

"One arrested, Stan Dai, is listed as an Operations Officer of the Department of Defense Irregular Warfare Program and a known expert and lecturer on,
not only surveillance but explosives training, assassinations and “false flag operations.”

If you wanted a plane to crash, an enemy to get sick and die or a building to blow up, Dai would be the man to know how to make it happen.
"

hmm.

What O'Keefe and co. did or didn't do hasn't been found yet. Though not charged with wiretapping or other crimes screamed by the headlines.

He's gotten less fairness than the Christmas Day bomber, only on the left would this be considered a good thing.

Why has the prosecutor recused himself? The day after the arrest? Why not reported? Why no reasons for it?

U.S. Attorney Jim Letten recuses himself from Landrieu phone tampering case | New Orleans Metro Crime and Courts News - - NOLA.com

U.S. Attorney Jim Letten recuses himself from Landrieu phone tampering case
By Laura Maggi, The Times-Picayune
February 01, 2010, 6:16PM

U.S. Attorney Jim Letten last week decided to remove himself from the prosecution of four young men arrested for trying to tamper with the phones in U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu's New Orleans office.

Assistant U.S. attorney Jan Mann will prosecute the case.

According to a brief news release sent to reporters on Monday evening, Letten decided to recuse himself from the investigation and "potential prosecution" of the men because of "various relevant factors." These factors, which the release stated were discussed with officials at the U.S. Department of Justice, are not named.

The recusal decision came the day after the men were arrested last week and the same day they were released from custody, according to the news release....

Oh my...

DramaticGopher.gif

Or he is too close to one of the perp's father who is an acting US Attorney.

I would say this is purely a smear campaign to discredit a guy that almost single-handedly brought down Obama's pet project.

Forum List

Back