🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Finally Biden Did Something Right

It is the petroleum age. Until they figure out a fusion generator. It's a cheap source of energy and has been a boon for mankind's expansion. Not so much a boon for all the other living things but whose counting.

Yeah an Benedict Donald gave us oil prices so low the oil companies were paying us to buy it.

Saul Biden man.

If they allowed fusion, it would no longer mean high profits for oil companies, so that is never going to be allowed.

If they allowed fusion, it would no longer mean high profits for oil companies, so that is never going to be allowed.
Hell we could run cars on Water........That tech has been around since I was a kid......Hydrogen..........Then we'd have water problems from hell.

Because there is nothing else yet.
We dumped nuclear, and wind and solar are not enough, require heavy, inefficient, and expensive batteries, and not consistent enough.
Solar and wind would require approximately 25% of Earth's land mass to be covered and cleared. Not to mention the overwhelming maintenance costs. How is that 'green' in any way shape or form?

How about this:

Remove all of the plastic from your PC, keyboard, mouse and monitor right now.
Then take all of the plastic out of your house, including the plastic insulation from your electrical wires, electrical outlets, and switches.
If you have vinyl windows and vinyl siding, please remove all of that. Remove all of the weather striping from your doors, and all the plastic from your appliances, TVs, Radios, etc. Everything in your house, including plastic buttons on your clothing.

Remove all of the plastic in Servers, Internet Cables, and from Server Farms that make The Internet Possible. You cannot post on this forum without Hydrocarbons, let alone have a PC, or Smart phone. It's impossible.

Now, let's go to your car. Does not matter if it's electric or gasoline.

Remove all the plastic from your car. Take the plastic coating off of your safety glass from the windshield and window, remove the plastic dash and interior parts, remove the plastic based foam in your seat cushions, and the plastic based carpet in the interior. Don't forget to remove the dash, interior panels, instrument cluster, and plastic on your car battery, the plastic on the electrical cables, the plastic in your fuses and relays, and the Petro based synthetic rubber on your hoses, and in your tires, and door and window seals. Then get rid of any hydrocarbon based lubricants and fluids.

Do you like LED light bulbs? Please remove all the plastic from them. Same with Fluorescent bulbs. You'll be in the dark unless you like carbon burning oil lamps like The Amish.

Lastly, let's remove all power plants that use Hydrocarbons to create electricity. Then remove all the plastic used in solar panels, wind farms and the insulation on all the wiring involved in that. Then remove all of the Hydrocarbons used in the diesel powered excavators and earth movers that dig up the rare earth minerals and things like lithium that make a smart phone, PC or other device possible.

The world runs on Petro even when you try to build an Electric Vehicle. Modern life cannot live without hydrocarbons. It's a lie. They are just trying to profit from fear and hysteria and make us economic slaves. Cheap Energy = Economic Freedom and Prosperity. Cheap Energy means food to feed the hungry and homes to house the homeless, and medicine to cure the sick.

Global Warming is a myth anyways before you even get to the point of removing CO2 and Hydrocarbons from life and living in the stone age again. It is PURE INSANITY to think you can remove CO2 from The Carbon Cycle, and it CAN NEVER BE DONE.

Why are you living your life as a lie?

Quit exhaling CO2 in to the environment, and save the planet.

You will be riding a donkey to work without hydrocarbons because you are a DUMB ASS!
This is to be expected from one of UMB's premier idiots.

Good question Marc ATL (post #25). I'll answer it. Because the reality (truth) is that we need to use fossil fuels until we have a viable alternative. It is that simple. Now, many (virtue signaling) Americans have embraced the folly that some magical clean energy along with their EV will stop the destruction of Earth. Those Americans would be well advised to shut the f up when their neighbors start to eat their dogs and cats. I would prefer them to do that now, but in the future they may very well be the target of hateful retribution.
How do you propose we get to a "viable alternative?"

Why does America need to stay on fossil fuels?
We don't but, we are not ready yet to kill off fossil fuels. Did you know that each windmill uses over 100 gallons of oil for lubrication that must be changed at regular intervals? If everyone had a plug in car the electrical grid would fail and blackouts would be common at night when most people would have them charging. Is Joe going to Federalize the electric grid and run a buy back program like Obama's BULLSHIT "cash for clunkers" program? NO, we can't afford it! The price of EV's average $58,000 out of reach for most American families. If I were Joe (I thank God I'm not) I'd be more worried about nuclear fallout than climate change, just like his old boss Obama who owns TWO oceanfront mansions.

Maybe we can figure out a way to separate the country into smaller nations or autonomous regions. You go your way and live the way you want. Others go their ways.
The question asked was "is it cleaner" referring to electric vs fossil fuel. This dunce didn't answer the question because he can't bring himself to being honest. That would go against his radical rightwing narrative.

Fossil fuels are often used to produce electricity. People will move away from fossil fuels when other options are convenient and cost effective. Currently that is not the case. Go ahead, buy an electric car tomorrow, you'll be in full sticker shock.
I know how much they cost and I'm working to be able to afford one as soon as possible.

Cars were expensive and for the rich when they were first invented, so were refrigerators.

Starting to get the picture?

1646774854436.png

Where is the energy going to come from to power all the EV charging stations? For now it looks like 60% of our current electricity generation comes from fossil fuels, right? And that is before we build all those wonderful EV charging stations, so aren't we going to need to use a lot more fossil fuels once we go to EVs?

The greenies want to get rid of nuclear power, no? That doesn't help the math any, does it? I guess we won't be powering up all those new EV charging stations with any extra electricity from nuclear sources in the future, right?

For me, it doesn't add up. The additional electricity has to come from somewhere, right?

Fusion is not ready yet. Fusion using the less volatile Thorium is however viable. That being said it would take decades and decades to provide a complete nuclear grid infrastructure. Oil companies would probably slowly morph into energy companies taking over the nuclear energy sector.

So in Layman's terms, he wants to do business with China instead of Russia. Correct?

Joe? He has no choice but to do business with China, we have to, they hold both our debt plus we have almost everything MADE there! Just imagine if China tomorrow called in our debt? (told the USA that they want repaid their loan principles immediately!)

But Russia, who knows, I really don't think Joe cares, I suspect this is as much about Hunter's relationship with Ukraine (and China) as anything else.

And Joe's polling numbers.

Everyone has Joe now as a "good guy" for helping Ukraine, meantime 99,9% of those supporting Ukraine don't know the first thing about the country nor its tortured 350 year history with Russia.

He and his handlers can promote all he wants. The problem is the alternative energy sources at the moment are not mature nor cost-effective to handle our economy. My proposal would be to incentivize fossil fuel providers to accelerate and mature alternative energy. Make them partners, not enemies. Telecommunications companies resisted internet-based voice communications because they didn’t want to give up long distance revenue from the masses. They transformed and became better. Oil companies can do the same and transform into diversified energy companies.

Demonizing and punishing US oil companies while you patronize and capitulate foreign oil companies has been a failed posture of Democrats going back almost 50 years. Democrats and Oil Companies need to change.
This is surprisingly sensible coming from you.

He needs to promote moving away from fossil fuels and into more cleaner energy, like electricity.

Democrats are so stupid you crack me up. Do you seriously not get your own post, do you? Be honest.

So let's treat your stupidity as a learning opportunity. EVERY type of energy produces ELECTRICITY you stupid fuck. And electricity cannot create itself.

Now pay attention. We need either "fossil fuels" or "alternative energy" to CREATE electricity. Electricity is not just an alternate to FOSSIL FUELS you STUPID FUCK

We don't but, we are not ready yet to kill off fossil fuels. Did you know that each windmill uses over 100 gallons of oil for lubrication that must be changed at regular intervals? If everyone had a plug in car the electrical grid would fail and blackouts would be common at night when most people would have them charging. Is Joe going to Federalize the electric grid and run a buy back program like Obama's BULLSHIT "cash for clunkers" program? NO, we can't afford it! The price of EV's average $58,000 out of reach for most American families. If I were Joe (I thank God I'm not) I'd be more worried about nuclear fallout than climate change, just like his old boss Obama who owns TWO oceanfront mansions.
These are problems we can solve in a matter of years, less than 10.

Why not solve them?

This is to be expected from one of UMB's premier idiots.
I hold two degrees in Science and graduated with a 4.0.

How come you haven't removed all the plastic from your PC, mouse, keyboard, and network and electrical cabling?
If you are so devoted to the removal of Hyrdocarbons from our life, your keyboard should have already fallen silent sparing us from your uneducated gibberish.

This is surprisingly sensible coming from you.

There are two ways we could reduce fossil fuels cheaply, immediately and without harming our economy. Of course, Democrats oppose them both. They are nuclear and fracking for natural gas. You aren't serious about global warming. When you are, let the rest of us know that you are in fact actually finally serious about it ...

Forum List

Back