Finally -- Texans Can Open-Carry Without Government Intervention

Crime happens when you least expect it......just ask any woman dragged from a bus stop and raped in an alley......

States with concealed and open carry laws are safer.....it is the higher restricted states where they have the most gun murder.......

Jesus hasn't distributed guns equally in America.

The NRA Song

Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!
Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!
Guns are fun for everyone,
buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you,
Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work,
Guns at play, Guns berserk!
Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!
I’ve got Guns up my nose
‘tween my ears and by my toes.
I’m no fool, I’m so cool,
I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns to my car,
to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer,
in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall,
behind the toilet and in the hall.
I got guns in my bed,
one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast,
Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!​

More guns is certainly not the answer to gun crime.
And where did you get all of this? A gun site?

It's not more guns, it's more people carrying guns that will help reduce gun crimes. Having a gun in your dresser drawer is great when you're home, but it doesn't do you or anybody else much good out in public.

GO TEXAS! :salute:
The proof of this being a wise move for Texas will start to be proven no later than Friday night!

Then on Saturday morning Texans will wake up hearing the news of how the night was kept so quiet and peaceful by 'good' gun owners in the bars and taverns.
Will the libruls then learn to stfu?
Alcohol and handguns are such a good combination.
Anyone with any criminal record should not be allowed to conceal

It's not more guns, it's more people carrying guns that will help reduce gun crimes. Having a gun in your dresser drawer is great when you're home, but it doesn't do you or anybody else much good out in public.
Carrying it in public is not doing any good. It only brings more problems.

Likely not going to make any difference in Texas. Bad people who shoot their fellow Americans are 'good' people with guns until they start shooting people. Every gun owner is a potential killer.

Maybe one way to screen out the good people wanting to own guns from the 'bad' would be to ask them one simple question before allowing them to start building an arsenal.

Do you intend to shoot at human silouette targets?
Are you stupid?

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....
Try carrying that pistol on your hip into any bar and see how free from government intervention you are.

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....
Try carrying that pistol on your hip into any bar and see how free from government intervention you are.
I don't know, man. I feel as if there are a significant number of states in this nation in which government might actually give you a medal.

Do you lock the doors on your home when you leave the house empty or go to sleep at night? Do you lock the doors on your car when you exit your vehicle? Do you have insurance on your home in case of a theft or the house sustains damage from fires, water leaks, a tree falling on it?

I pity you for going through life so scared.

That dude lives in a cardboard box behind the dumpster at the Portland Animal Shelter ... He ain't scared of shit.

I live in a safe place where people are not allowed to carry guns. Most of the police do not carry guns.

In America, if you don't live in a democrat party controlled city....you are safe too...

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas. These charts exclude suicides, for which data are not available on a congressional district basis, so it only breaks down the fraction of gun violence that is accidental or confrontational.
--------

A distinct pattern emerged: In Democratic regions of the country, which tend to be cities, people are more likely to be murdered with a gun than they are to shoot themselves to death.

In regions of the country won by Republicans, which tend to be rural areas and small towns, the opposite is true — people are more likely to shoot themselves to death than they are to be murdered with a gun.
----
In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...prising-way-gun-violence-is-dividing-america/
Then why carry firearms if it is safe. States with open carry laws are no safer.

Crime happens when you least expect it......just ask any woman dragged from a bus stop and raped in an alley......

States with concealed and open carry laws are safer.....it is the higher restricted states where they have the most gun murder.......
I have read that these are lies that you gun nuts put out.
You are an idiot, that's why!

Like what?

Like what?
People shooting at each other. Are you really this stupid?

Like what?
Yes, it is usually good guys with guns preventing mass shootings.

It has been decades but while I was living in Florida, a guy entered a popular restaurant at lunchtime, filled with patrons, with intent to avail himself of the cash in the register. He loudly began threatening the cashier at gunpoint, when two patrons stood up and ended his miserable existence on earth with a few well placed rounds of their own.

Would you hold up an establishment knowing that a good number of the others present were packing heat? Unless you are a moron, you would be very hesitant I am sure!

Like what?

It has been decades but while I was living in Florida, a guy entered a popular restaurant at lunchtime, filled with patrons, with intent to avail himself of the cash in the register. He loudly began threatening the cashier at gunpoint, when two patrons stood up and ended his miserable existence on earth with a few well placed rounds of their own.

Would you hold up an establishment knowing that a good number of the others present were packing heat? Unless you are a moron, you would be very hesitant I am sure!
This guy did it. Does that answer your stupid question?

You mean like this....

Allowing guns into bars has 'surprising' result

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.
But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.
According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.
In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didn’t serve alcohol – thus unrelated to the new law – and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.
“The numbers basically just confirm what we’ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,” Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. “Keep in mind what the other side was saying – that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.”

Read more at Allowing guns into bars has 'surprising' result

More.....actual research by Richmond Times-Dispatch
Gun crimes drop at Virginia bars and restaurants

The number of major crimes involving firearms at bars and restaurants statewide declined 5.2 percent from July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2011, compared with the fiscal year before the law went into effect, according to crime data compiled by Virginia State Police at the newspaper's request.

--------------------------

At The
Times-Dispatch's request, state police pulled from their computerized database all major crimes at bars and restaurants reported by local law-enforcement agencies across Virginia for two successive fiscal years. The Times-Dispatch then contacted more than a dozen police departments in Virginia for more detailed information on all aggravated assaults, homicides and sexual assaults involving firearms at those businesses.
Reported robberies were not analyzed because they tend to involve premeditated crimes by perpetrators openly displaying guns, and many of the affected businesses are chain restaurants that don't serve alcohol.
Only two fatal shootings occurred during the last fiscal year — one outside a Petersburg nightclub and the other at a Radford restaurant — but neither involved concealed-gun permit holders. And only two of the 18 aggravated assaults reported could be linked definitively to concealed-carry holders.
Several other cases appear to have involved hidden guns, but the suspects either didn't have a concealed permit, or they fled the scene before they could be identified and arrested.
One of the few unambiguous cases of a concealed-gun permit holder breaking the law occurred on July 28, 2010 — 27 days after the law became active — at a deli in York County. In that case, a patron who had been drinking heavily with a gun concealed in his pocket allegedly sexually harassed a female waitress and, at one point, placed his hand over his hidden gun so the waitress could see its outline.
After making a comment the waitress construed as a threat, the man left but was stopped a short time later by police. They recovered a .380-caliber pistol from his pants pocket and charged him with driving under the influence, brandishing a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon.
He was charged with the latter offense — even though he had a permit to carry the gun — because he had been drinking in the deli while in possession of a concealed firearm. The law forbids concealed-gun permit holders to drink alcohol while they are inside bars and restaurants with guns hidden from view. Patrons who legally carry firearms openly into bars and restaurants can drink freely.
Authorities confiscated the man's concealed-gun permit, but the brandishing and concealed weapon charges were eventually withdrawn by prosecutors. He was convicted of driving while drunk.
In another case closer to home, a Hopewell man with a concealed-carry permit was arrested in June after police said he brandished a gun in the parking lot of a chain restaurant after a verbal dispute escalated into a fight among several patrons. No shots were fired, but punches were thrown.
Although the man pulled a concealed weapon during the fight, the new law didn't really apply because the restaurant where the incident occurred doesn't serve alcohol. The man was convicted last month of brandishing the gun — which he appealed — and a malicious-wounding charge was certified to a Hopewell grand jury.
Aside from the two homicides, the only assault that resulted in a person being shot occurred in February outside a Virginia Beach restaurant and bar. The shooting followed an altercation inside the restaurant. Several unknown men were asked to leave, and the victim was shot and wounded as he walked toward a male in an adjacent parking lot, police said.
But because the suspect was never identified and arrested, police don't know whether the shooter was carrying a concealed gun or whether he had a permit to carry it.

You mean like this....

Allowing guns into bars has 'surprising' result

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.
But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.
According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.
In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didn’t serve alcohol – thus unrelated to the new law – and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.
“The numbers basically just confirm what we’ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,” Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. “Keep in mind what the other side was saying – that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.”

Read more at Allowing guns into bars has 'surprising' result

More.....actual research by Richmond Times-Dispatch
Gun crimes drop at Virginia bars and restaurants

The number of major crimes involving firearms at bars and restaurants statewide declined 5.2 percent from July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2011, compared with the fiscal year before the law went into effect, according to crime data compiled by Virginia State Police at the newspaper's request.

--------------------------

At The
Times-Dispatch's request, state police pulled from their computerized database all major crimes at bars and restaurants reported by local law-enforcement agencies across Virginia for two successive fiscal years. The Times-Dispatch then contacted more than a dozen police departments in Virginia for more detailed information on all aggravated assaults, homicides and sexual assaults involving firearms at those businesses.
Reported robberies were not analyzed because they tend to involve premeditated crimes by perpetrators openly displaying guns, and many of the affected businesses are chain restaurants that don't serve alcohol.
Only two fatal shootings occurred during the last fiscal year — one outside a Petersburg nightclub and the other at a Radford restaurant — but neither involved concealed-gun permit holders. And only two of the 18 aggravated assaults reported could be linked definitively to concealed-carry holders.
Several other cases appear to have involved hidden guns, but the suspects either didn't have a concealed permit, or they fled the scene before they could be identified and arrested.
One of the few unambiguous cases of a concealed-gun permit holder breaking the law occurred on July 28, 2010 — 27 days after the law became active — at a deli in York County. In that case, a patron who had been drinking heavily with a gun concealed in his pocket allegedly sexually harassed a female waitress and, at one point, placed his hand over his hidden gun so the waitress could see its outline.
After making a comment the waitress construed as a threat, the man left but was stopped a short time later by police. They recovered a .380-caliber pistol from his pants pocket and charged him with driving under the influence, brandishing a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon.
He was charged with the latter offense — even though he had a permit to carry the gun — because he had been drinking in the deli while in possession of a concealed firearm. The law forbids concealed-gun permit holders to drink alcohol while they are inside bars and restaurants with guns hidden from view. Patrons who legally carry firearms openly into bars and restaurants can drink freely.
Authorities confiscated the man's concealed-gun permit, but the brandishing and concealed weapon charges were eventually withdrawn by prosecutors. He was convicted of driving while drunk.
In another case closer to home, a Hopewell man with a concealed-carry permit was arrested in June after police said he brandished a gun in the parking lot of a chain restaurant after a verbal dispute escalated into a fight among several patrons. No shots were fired, but punches were thrown.
Although the man pulled a concealed weapon during the fight, the new law didn't really apply because the restaurant where the incident occurred doesn't serve alcohol. The man was convicted last month of brandishing the gun — which he appealed — and a malicious-wounding charge was certified to a Hopewell grand jury.
Aside from the two homicides, the only assault that resulted in a person being shot occurred in February outside a Virginia Beach restaurant and bar. The shooting followed an altercation inside the restaurant. Several unknown men were asked to leave, and the victim was shot and wounded as he walked toward a male in an adjacent parking lot, police said.
But because the suspect was never identified and arrested, police don't know whether the shooter was carrying a concealed gun or whether he had a permit to carry it.
As long as we don't allow darkies to open carry...

I know we technically can't write a law that does that -- but there has to be other ways we can stop them

Likely not going to make any difference in Texas. Bad people who shoot their fellow Americans are 'good' people with guns until they start shooting people. Every gun owner is a potential killer.

Maybe one way to screen out the good people wanting to own guns from the 'bad' would be to ask them one simple question before allowing them to start building an arsenal.

Do you intend to shoot at human silouette targets?
Isn't everyone who drives a potential killer as well? :icon_rolleyes:

NO! You stupid gungoon ass!

Your country is a joke to the rest of the world and not just on the gun violence and insanity.
The sooner ya'all get bigger and more efficient guns to kill each other with, the sooner will come some move to common sense solutions.

Your country is a joke to the rest of the world and not just on the gun violence and insanity.
The sooner ya'all get bigger and more efficient guns to kill each other with, the sooner will come some move to common sense solutions.
Oh cool, an uneducated person calling me names because they are not intelligent enough to carry on a civil conversation, then telling me my country is a joke? Whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better is fine by me.

So if you drive a car there is no chance of you ever getting in an accident and killing someone?

I don't own a gun, I am not fond of them and really see no need for one. If a fellow American wants to buy a gun, I have no problem with it. I'm not sure how things work where ever you live however, your country and your live is none of my concern.

Hmmm....

30 Years War.

Communism

Nazism

Colonialism

Imperialism

World War 1

World War 2

The Holocaust

Ethnic Cleansing

Trans-atlantic slave trade

Yeah......I really don't think Europe has a lot to teach the U.S.......

Like what?

This guy did it. Does that answer your stupid question?
He was not from Florida and unfamiliar with the ways and means of our armed citizenry. I don't think he anticipated assuming room temperature because of his actions.

Forum List

Back