"Fingerprint" of Greenland ice melt seen in satellite sea level data

Converting photons into electricity removes that energy from the earth’s energy balance

Hilarious.

Let's look at the numbers. If the Earth's albedo is 0.40, the 100 watts of solar energy that hits our parcel turns into 60 watts of heat and 40 watts returns to space. If a fairly typical solar panel is on that parcel and has an albedo of 0.05, only 5 watts returns to space.

95 watts are left and let's assume the efficiency of the solar cell is 20%.
19 watts become electricity and 76 watts are heat.
I'll do the math for ding (because it looks like he needs the help).

Earth returns 40 watts to space, 60 watts remain as heat.
Solar panel returns 5 watts, 76 watts is heat and 19 watts is electricity.
I'm gonna say that most (or all) of the 19 watts will eventually turn into heat.

Which scenario results in more heat?
I'll give ding a hint........what's larger, 95 or 60?
You just conceded the cooling effect of solar farms. Make up your mind.

There was no extra heat. Photons were converted into electricity before they could produce heat.

There was no extra heat.

There is a lot of extra heat.

Best case for your claim is 76 watts retained with the panel versus 60 watts retained with no panel.

And even that loss for you assumes none of the electricity is turned into heat.

Photons were converted into electricity before they could produce heat.

19% versus an extra 35% retained from lower albedo.

I don’t know does Todd speak for you?

It’s not my data and as near as I can tell this was done using data collected from satellites. Point to the math in the paper. Which page was it in?

The paper doesn't include the 8th Grade arithmetic ...

The data is from satellites, so why are you treating this as a blackbody radiator? ...

My position is that thermometers in these solar farms do not show any differences in temperature ... because all other meteorological considerations outweigh whatever bullshit you're spewing ...

The paper doesn't include the 8th Grade arithmetic ...

The data is from satellites, so why are you treating this as a blackbody radiator? ...

My position is that thermometers in these solar farms do not show any differences in temperature ... because all other meteorological considerations outweigh whatever bullshit you're spewing ...
It’s idiotic to believe converting photons into electricity - which would have otherwise produced heat - has no effect on infrared radiation of the surface.

Get a paper published disputing the cooling effect of PV cells and we can talk.

IDGAF about the heat moved from the farm to the city.

Tell you what, you get a paper published showing the cooling isn't offset by warming in the city.

Then we can discuss the extra 35% of solar radiation absorbed by the panel compared to the sand.

There was no extra heat.

There is a lot of extra heat.

Best case for your claim is 76 watts retained with the panel versus 60 watts retained with no panel.

And even that loss for you assumes none of the electricity is turned into heat.

Photons were converted into electricity before they could produce heat.

19% versus an extra 35% retained from lower albedo.
Get a paper published refuting the incremental cooling affect of PV cells and we can talk.

IDGAF about the heat moved from the farm to the city.

Tell you what, you get a paper published showing the cooling isn't offset by warming in the city.

Then we can discuss the extra 35% of solar radiation absorbed by the panel compared to the sand.
Don’t need one. Waste heat from electricity usage is the same regardless of the generating technology. So replacing fossil fuels with solar has no effect because it’s the same in both cases.

Don’t need one. Waste heat from electricity usage is the same regardless of the generating technology. So replacing fossil fuels with solar has no effect because it’s the same in both cases.
you're not replacing. How many times must I explain that to you?

you're not replacing. How many times must I explain that to you?
Of course we are. That’s the direction they are heading. No fossil fuel generating by 2050. You never heard about this before?

Of course we are. That’s the direction they are heading. No fossil fuel generating b 2050. You never heard about this before?
they aren't there as you just stated. So you're in error yet again. fk, how many times must you be told you're wrong?

they aren't there as you just stated. So you're in error yet again. fk, how many times must you be told you're wrong?
They are swinging gas and coal fired plants now in Texas. When renewables are online, a corresponding decrease in generation from gas and coal occurs.

You can certainly change your claim to......

"I can’t think of a better way to usher in the next glacial cycle other than by reducing the use of fossil fuels in the middle of an ice age"

At least that claim wouldn't have the obvious math and physics errors of the original.

Forum List

Back