Finland sees temperatures rise.

....as well the information published 5, 10, 20 years ago is purposely hidden from prying internet eyes because it is embarrassing.

And another crackpot denier cult conspiracy theory rears its ugly little head......don't you deniers ever get tired of looking like complete retards?

which NASA GISS temperature data set for the US is the correct one? today's, the one from 2007, or 1999, or from the 70's or 80's? the actual yearly figures are different in each version. each version except the 2007 version has made more recent temps higher and pre-1960 temps lower. the 2007 version was a quick fix after the skeptics made GISS aware of the Y2K problem which warmed the post 2000 temps but GISS still lowered past temps even though the Y2K bug only affected post 2000 data (obviously).

if the most measured and scrutinized temp data set in the world, the USA's, is filled with changes and problems, what makes anyone think that other countries/continents are better? personally I think other places are much less reliable, and are next to impossible to investigate.

05/02/13 18:53:42

Snowed out Royals/Rays baseball game

9jtnf.St.81.jpeg

Wow, looks like "extreme" weather. Oh wait, that's what scientists said.

Well, firstly, you probably will receive more snow as the climate changes, because increased humidity at low temperatures will mean more snow. It's counter-intuitive, I know, but snow is formed by moisture - not cold alone.

Secondly, glaciers aren't conservative or liberal. They don't grow or retreat because of what any politician says.

Like I said, by way of warmer think,a deep ice age would be the ultimate sign of global warming. What morons

Well, firstly, you probably will receive more snow as the climate changes, because increased humidity at low temperatures will mean more snow. It's counter-intuitive, I know, but snow is formed by moisture - not cold alone.

Secondly, glaciers aren't conservative or liberal. They don't grow or retreat because of what any politician says.

Like I said, by way of warmer think,a deep ice age would be the ultimate sign of global warming. What morons
Too bad you're too retarded to understand what anybody is thinking, or anything else about this subject, for that matter.

I think you can clearly see, now that you have done your own investigation, that facts and figures on Finnish temperature are scarce and hard to find in raw form, especially if you want compare the results produced from 5, 10 20 years ago. I see you are posting Helsinki findings here even though you chastised me for doing the same thing, citing that Helsinki was not representative of Finnish climate.

on of the biggest problems with climate science is that the methods of defining and describing temperature data sets for global, country and regional areas keeps changing, always with the result of more extreme increase, by variously increasing recent readings and decreasing historical records. as well the information published 5, 10, 20 years ago is purposely hidden from prying internet eyes because it is embarrassing.

Thanks for an on-topic reply - I think it's the first thus far!

The data was not particularly hard to find - it was hard to find in English, so in the end I just posted what I had found in Finnish and translated the few things that needed translation.

Helsinki is not typical of the Finnish climate - hence the inclusion of Sodankylä, which tends to be at the other extreme. Most of Finland would experience temperatures somewhere between the two.

As you can see from the chart below, average daily temperatures have been rising slightly in both Southern and Northern Finland during the past century. (Red= Helsinki, Blue = Sodankylä)

vuositkahkisod1900.gif
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

station.gif

station.gif

so which temp data are correct? Finland's or GISS's?

Last edited:
Ian C -

With all due respect - I have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't know if there are any discrepancies, but if there are there could be several perfectly valid reasons for them. Rather than assume fraud where in all likelihood no fraud exists, why not contact both services and ask?

Last edited:
Ian C -

With all due respect - I have no idea what you are talking about.

is the Finland Met's data correct, or is the GISS data correct? seems like a simple question.
GISS is one of the main sources for producing a global temp by combining data from around the world. frankly I am shocked at how similar the two sets are but there is still a difference, sometimes over 1C. do I believe the Finns or the americans?

A brief review:

Despite having vocally demanded this information for weeks, neither Westwall nor SSDD bothered to respond to the data presented. Presumably, neither actually read it.

We also discussed glaciers, and I presented material which shows that 97% of the world's glaciers are in retreat, based on studies which monitor literally thousands of glaciers worldwide.

No material was presented on this thread which gave any reason why both the Finnish temperature data and data on glaciers should not be considered accurate.

Well, we certainly know by now that Finland is the source of a lot of hot air!

A brief review:

Despite having vocally demanded this information for weeks, neither Westwall nor SSDD bothered to respond to the data presented. Presumably, neither actually read it.

We also discussed glaciers, and I presented material which shows that 97% of the world's glaciers are in retreat, based on studies which monitor literally thousands of glaciers worldwide.

No material was presented on this thread which gave any reason why both the Finnish temperature data and data on glaciers should not be considered accurate.

An even briefer review. We asked you to provide us with the links to the actual source material in FINNISH, and you havn't done so.

The rest of what you posted is NOT what we requested.

Get it!

Actually, what we certainly know by now is you are the source of a lot of really stupid and entirely worthless posts, Unkonshus.

Yes, your posts are about as worthless as any sock can produce. You are excellent at posting insulting, boorish, meaningless drivel, but actual scientific research escapes you.
You are the epitome of the cut and paste drone.

No, Finland is a wonderful place. Saggy is the source of the hot air, and he's nowhere near Finland.

Actually, what we certainly know by now is you are the source of a lot of really stupid and entirely worthless posts, Unkonshus.
Yes, your posts are about as worthless as any sock can produce. You are excellent at posting insulting, boorish, meaningless drivel, but actual scientific research escapes you.
You are the epitome of the cut and paste drone.

LOLOLOL....OK, once again then...

In denier cult lingo, "cut and paste drone" = anyone who posts quotes from actual climate scientists and peer reviewed scientific research that debunks the myths and misinformation that the denier cultists cherish.

The walleyedretard can never back up his denier cult delusions with any valid science so he resents and has to denigrate those who can. Actually he is utterly incapable of distinguishing between valid science and the pseudo-scientific propaganda of his crackpot cult of reality denial. Which is not very surprising in someone as severely retarded as ol' walleyed obviously is.

No, Finland is a wonderful place. Saggy is the source of the hot air, and he's nowhere near Finland.

Ha!! Now thi is interesting....so where am I, genius?

My word...the utter desperation, the flailing....it just takes the breath away, doesn't it?

And yet so far on this thread you have had it explained to you how snow is formed, you have had it explained to you how we know that 97% of glaciers are retreating, and you have had Finnish temperature data presented and explained for you.

You have not mustered a single on-topic response, not one.

Really, Westwall - you are beaten and you know it. Why not take a break and come back with a new handle?

Last edited:

Ha!! Now thi is interesting....so where am I, genius?

My word...the utter desperation, the flailing....it just takes the breath away, doesn't it?

And yet so far on this thread you have had it explained to you how snow is formed, you have had it explained to you how we know that 97% of glaciers are retreating, and you have had Finnish temperature data presented and explained for you.

You have not mustered a single on-topic response, not one.

Really, Westwall - you are beaten and you know it. Why not take a break and come back with a new handle?

Beaten? Not hardly. I've made a complete ass of you on multiple occasions to the point that you took MY position and tried to make it seem as if it was yours. Me beaten? That's a laugh. Get a grip asshat, it's you who've had your hat handed to you. You just lack shame and ethics.

Westwall -

I will only respond to posts that are on-topic. That means you are unlikely to receive any further responses on this thread.

btw. I can't wait to hear where I live, though!!

Forum List

Back