First Day of Ramadan

I'd just like to know one thing, SM, can you read that stuff? And what does it say? And where does it say it? Is that a word, a sentence or a pictogram? Where does it start and where does it end?
It is stylized arabic of the greeting said between muslims during the month long Ramadan.
(the arabic written language is read from right to left)
Pictures of people and animals are forbidden in Islam. Which is why you see beautiful arabic script covering the walls of mosques. The various styles are a unique art form that varies from country to country.
I'm far from being proficient in reading and writing arabic. But I know enough to get by. All of the daily prayers said by every muslin around the world is repeated in arabic; regardless of that country's every day spoken language. ... :cool:
What a nonsense religion that is. Islam is literally one of the worst things that has ever happened in human history. It has brought nothing but death and misery.

I really haven't found that to be the case at all around here. They may be officially required to hate me, but I don't feel it in my heart when they are out peddling incense and Final Call newspapers.

I really haven't found that to be the case at all around here. They may be officially required to hate me, but I don't feel it in my heart when they are out peddling incense and Final Call newspapers.
Just to clarify, those so called muslims are members of the Nation of Islam which is a black cult group that has nothing to do with traditional arab Islam founded by Muhammad in the middle east 1400 years ago.

They are the organization that Malcolm X was murdered for leaving after he embraced authentic Islam. ... :cool:

Those so called muslims are members of the Nation of Islam which is a black cult group that has nothing to do with traditional arab Islam founded by Muhammad in the middle east 1400 years ago.

They are the organization that Malcolm X was murdered for leaving after he embraced authentic Islam. ... :cool:
True. Nation of Islam members dont blow themselves up.

Ramadan starts 1 day after the new moon. When the first sliver of the crescent moon is sighted and lasts 29 or 30 days until the next phase of the new moon. ... :cool:
How many people do you predict will be murdered by blood thirsty muslims each day of it? The number is generally very high each year.

As New York and NYC are going broke, and begging the Feds for help, Commie Bill virtue signals the following

NYC to Serve 500,000 Free Halal Meals to Muslims During Ramadan

www.msn.com.ico
Bloomberg on

File Under
How Liberals Ruin American Cities
As they provide kosher and vegan meals......what is the problem?

As New York and NYC are going broke, and begging the Feds for help, Commie Bill virtue signals the following

NYC to Serve 500,000 Free Halal Meals to Muslims During Ramadan

www.msn.com.ico
Bloomberg on

File Under
How Liberals Ruin American Cities
As they provide kosher and vegan meals......what is the problem?

I think the problem is that for food to be officially labeled as "halal", it has to be officially blessed by an ayatollah. Does NYC have ayatollahs on the payroll to do this?

I think the problem is that for food to be officially labeled as "halal", it has to be officially blessed by an ayatollah. Does NYC have ayatollahs on the payroll to do this?
Actually, just the meat has to slaughtered according to Islamic standards to be considered Halal, and is blessed by an Imam. (not an ayatollah)
Since the jews have basically the same rituals when slaughtering animals for food. Muslims are allowed to eat Kosher meals. (and of course no pork products) ... :cool:

Actually, just the meat has to slaughtered according to Islamic standards to be considered Halal, and is blessed by an Imam. (not an ayatollah)
Since the jews have basically the same rituals when slaughtering animals for food. Muslims are allowed to eat Kosher meals. (and of course no pork products) ... :cool:
/——/ I’m Catholic and live in NY, I enjoy some Halal food, but Kosher food is more mainstream for American taste.

Eating a few dates is a big deal during Ramadan.
Having a few dates in the morning helps keep your energy level up during the day, and dates are always the first thing eaten to break the fast in the evening.
All of the arab muslims
i know like the dates grow in the middle east. But personally, I prefer the medjool dates grown in California, because they are bigger, fatter, softer, and sweeter. ... :cool:

What about camels?

A camel is considered halalbut is not kosher by Jewish law.

Eating a few dates is a big deal during Ramadan.
Having a few dates in the morning helps keep your energy level up during the day, and dates are always the first thing eaten to break the fast in the evening.
All of the arab muslims
i know like the dates grow in the middle east. But personally, I prefer the medjool dates grown in California, because they are bigger, fatter, softer, and sweeter. ... :cool:
Apparently, Mohammed ate dates for another reason as well...

Al-Bukhaari (5445) and Muslim (2047) narrated from Sa‘d ibn Abi Waqqaas that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever eats seven ‘ajwah dates in the morning, will not be harmed by any poison or witchcraft that day.”

Which makes you wonder if Mohammed was a liar, or just pretty forgetful...

When the apostle had rested, Zaynab d. al-Harith, the wife of Sallam b. Mishkam prepared for him a roast lamb, having first inquired what joint he preferred. When she learned that it was the shoulder she put a lot of poison in it and poisoned the whole lamb. Then she brought it in and placed it before him. He took hold of the shoulder and chewed a morsel of it, but he did not swallow it. Bishr b. al-Bara b. Ma’rur who was with him took some of it as the apostle had done, but he swallowed it, while the apostle spat it out, saying, ‘This bone tells me that it is poisoned.’ Then he called for the woman and she confessed, and when he asked her what had induced her to do this she answered: ‘You know what you have done to my people. I said to myself, If he is a king I shall ease myself of him and if he is a prophet he will be informed (of what I have done).’ So the apostle let her off. Bishr died from what he had eaten.
Marwan b. Uthman b. Abu Sa’id b. al-Mu’alla told me: The apostle had said in his illness of which he was to die when Umm Bishr d. al-Bara came to visit him, ‘O Umm Bishr, this is the time in which I feel a deadly pain from what I ate with your brother at Khaybar.’ The Muslims considered that the apostle had died as a martyr in addition to the prophetic office with which God had honoured him.
- The Life of Muhammad, p. 516

What about camels?
The main similarity between Halal and Kosher has to do with the religious prohibition on eating pork and pork products. And also, forbidding the eating of birds of prey and carnivores.
One difference is Kosher forbids the eating of many types of seafood, whereas Halal doesn't have these same dietary restrictions. ... :cool:

What about camels?
The main similarity between Halal and Kosher has to do with the religious prohibition on eating pork and pork products. And also, forbidding the eating of birds of prey and carnivores.
One difference is Kosher forbids the eating of many types of seafood, whereas Halal doesn't have these same dietary restrictions. ... :cool:

Are camels considered to be carnivores?

What about camels?

Are camels considered to be carnivores?

I don’t know what they eat, being desert creatures.

I'd just like to know one thing, SM, can you read that stuff? And what does it say? And where does it say it? Is that a word, a sentence or a pictogram? Where does it start and where does it end?
It is stylized arabic of the greeting said between muslims during the month long Ramadan.
(the arabic written language is read from right to left)
Pictures of people and animals are forbidden in Islam. Which is why you see beautiful arabic script covering the walls of mosques. The various styles are a unique art form that varies from country to country.
I'm far from being proficient in reading and writing arabic. But I know enough to get by. All of the daily prayers said by every muslin around the world is repeated in arabic; regardless of that country's every day spoken language. ... :cool:
What a nonsense religion that is. Islam is literally one of the worst things that has ever happened in human history. It has brought nothing but death and misery.

That changes when they become a large majority. Unfortunately, peer pressure among Muslims encourages treating Christian's and especially Jews like dogs.

The religion certainly doesnt encourage "tolerance"

So, why are pictures of people and animals forbidden?
In the Bible, one of the 10 Commandments forbids making of graven images; statues, pictures, etc. of people and animals. Because there is a tendency for people to start venerating and worshiping them. (like statues of Jesus)
The Quran has the exact same prohibition concerning graven images. Muslim's still take it seriously. ... :cool:
In the old Testament period in question, the Jews were leaving Egypt and had just made a Golden Calf to worship.

But Jewish scholars never forbade all sculpting of living things, only if they were meant for worship.

Forum List

Back