First insurrectionist removed from office under 14th amendment

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

That's the law, it's on the books. No one has been charged with it, to my knowledge.
Thank you. So let’s look at the law. Doesn’t say a thing about overthrowing the government

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

The definition of insurrection is:
a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Are we in agreement?

Thank you. So let’s look at the law. Doesn’t say a thing about overthrowing the government

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

The definition of insurrection is:
a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Are we in agreement?

Then why aren't they charging them with it?

You can say mugging a congressman is an insurrection if you use your definition loosely, so we are not in agreement.

If they aren't being charged with insurrection even the deep state doesn't think it was an insurrection, they just call it that because it sounds good to them.

CREW said the decision also marks the first time that a judge ruled the events of Jan. 6 were an insurrection.

“This is a historic win for accountability for the January 6th insurrection and the efforts to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power in the United States. Protecting American democracy means ensuring those who violate their oaths to the Constitution are held responsible,” said CREW President Noah Bookbinder. “This decision makes clear that any current or former public officials who took an oath to defend the U.S. Constitution and then participated in the January 6th insurrection can and will be removed and barred from government service for their actions.”

So, you're saying that a local authority has the legal power to rule Jan 6th was an insurrection? Thanks for admitting this is the best you've got.

Then why aren't they charging them with it?

You can say mugging a congressman is an insurrection if you use your definition loosely, so we are not in agreement.

If they aren't being charged with insurrection even the deep state doesn't think it was an insurrection, they just call it that because it sounds good to them.
They are being charged with the specific offenses they are committing.

Let me use an example to explain.

There is no doubt that there were riots the summer before the insurrection. Y’all talk about them all the time. Well many people got arrested. Few if any in most cases were charged with “rioting”. Most were charged with arson, destruction of property, trespassing, and disturbing the peace. Just because they were charged with those crimes and not Rioting does not mean there were not riots and doesn’t mean they weren’t participating in a riot. Do you agree?

You and yours don't know the difference between reality and conspiracy, it's where we are at today in this country.
Well we know this much ---- there isn't one lefty on this board who can defend the truth that convicts the high ranking democrats, corrupt judges, Big Tech, and MSM from deceiving the public and burying facts emanating from the right and covering up every scandal emanating from the left.

"A crown is no cure for a headache." -- (old English saying on dishonesty and a guilty conscience.)

Well we know this much ---- there isn't one lefty on this board who can defend the truth that convicts the high ranking democrats, corrupt judges, Big Tech, and MSM from deceiving the public and burying facts emanating from the right and covering up every scandal emanating from the left.

"A crown is no cure for a headache." -- (old English saying on dishonesty and a guilty conscience.)
Paranoid conspiracy theory much?

That’s because they are only here to push the DNC talking points and agenda.

They are being charged with the specific offenses they are committing.

Let me use an example to explain.

There is no doubt that there were riots the summer before the insurrection. Y’all talk about them all the time. Well many people got arrested. Few if any in most cases were charged with “rioting”. Most were charged with arson, destruction of property, trespassing, and disturbing the peace. Just because they were charged with those crimes and not Rioting does not mean there were not riots and doesn’t mean they weren’t participating in a riot. Do you agree?

Which doesn't include insurrection, if it was one, they could have been charged as such, but they aren't being charged with it. Not. A. Single. One.

But with rioting your side isn't trying to invoke the Constitution to ban people from running for office because of it. And your side is harping on insurrection, even though the government can't seem to charge people for it.

I don't agree. You can't call it an insurrection when people aren't being charged for it, even though they are being charged for SOMETHING, and in the end, there was NO ACTUAL MECHANISM to overthrow the government that was in power at the time, which was run by Trump.

Ah yes, accountability.

Bannon Will Surrender To New York State Law Enforcement To Face New Indictment

Former White House chief strategist and MAGA warrior Steve Bannon has been criminally charged in New York in a sealed indictment and is expected to surrender to state prosecutors on Thursday, according to the Washington Post and other outlets.

Bannon confirmed the indictment on Tuesday in a fire-and-brimstone statement ranting that an unnamed district attorney in New York “has now decided to pursue phoney charges against me 60 days before the midterm election because WarRoom is the major source of the Maga grassroots movement.”

Most of the news outlets that reported on the new indictment didn’t have details on the charges.

However, CNN and the Guardian reported that the charges are connected to Bannon’s infamous “We Build the Wall” scam that got him indicted for fraud by the federal government before Trump pardoned his former crony in the final hours of his presidency.

Bannon Will Surrender To New York State Law Enforcement To Face New Indictment

Bye bye Stevo.
Bannon is the lunatic who invented the "deep state" myth and fed it to the useful idiot Trump so that Trump could feed it to people like HIS useful idiot MAGAts like the ones on this board.

It all goes back to this authoritarian war on all democratic institutions.....like the free and independent press.

Yep.
These sheeple don't even realize it but MOST of what they attribute to Trump, the orange shit-stain is actually Bannon's unhinged bullshit.

Remember....Trump "only hires the BEST people right?
A burned out, slovenly, alcoholic wife beater traitor to his country.

Good riddance!

Which doesn't include insurrection, if it was one, they could have been charged as such, but they aren't being charged with it. Not. A. Single. One.

But with rioting your side isn't trying to invoke the Constitution to ban people from running for office because of it. And your side is harping on insurrection, even though the government can't seem to charge people for it.

I don't agree. You can't call it an insurrection when people aren't being charged for it, even though they are being charged for SOMETHING, and in the end, there was NO ACTUAL MECHANISM to overthrow the government that was in power at the time, which was run by Trump.
I didn’t ask you about insurrection, I asked you about rioting. If there was a protest that broke out in looting and fires and people got arrested for arson and destruction of property but not charged with rioting then would you say that there wasn’t a riot? Simple question

I didn’t ask you about insurrection, I asked you about rioting. If there was a protest that broke out in looting and fires and people got arrested for arson and destruction of property but not charged with rioting then would you say that there wasn’t a riot? Simple question

They could also be charged with rioting, as long as rioting was a specific criminal offense.

If this was an insurrection, they would be charged as such, seeing as how gung ho the Feds are about prosecuting people on the right, while ignoring crime on the left.

Marty, slade and i went through this shit yesterday.
I posted a link about a few people out of a group of 23 got charged with rioting, so now he thinks "well not all of them got charged with it blah blah" there were THOUSANDS of people that got charged and hundreds got charged with rioting.
He is a broken record.

If they knew they would be convicted of it, they would charge them with it. The govt is biased. Even slade knows that. He is just like them.

Marty, slade and i went through this shit yesterday.
I posted a link about a few people out of a group of 23 got charged with rioting, so now he thinks "well not all of them got charged with it blah blah" there were THOUSANDS of people that got charged and hundreds got charged with rioting.
He is a broken record.

And again, people aren't trying to disqualify people from running for office due to "rioting", and there is a specific federal law for rebellion and insurrection they could be charged with, if they indeed were rebelling or insurrecting.

They weren't, the charges show this.

And again, people aren't trying to disqualify people from running for office due to "rioting", and there is a specific federal law for rebellion and insurrection they could be charged with, if they indeed were rebelling or insurrecting.

They weren't, the charges show this.
Got to keep the rubes riled up.

They could also be charged with rioting, as long as rioting was a specific criminal offense.

If this was an insurrection, they would be charged as such, seeing as how gung ho the Feds are about prosecuting people on the right, while ignoring crime on the left.
You are still dancing around a direct answer. Rioting is a charge. If people are not charged with rioting and instead are charged with arson and destruction of property does that mean there wasn’t a riot? Yes or no?

Forum List

Back